Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,475 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 (19438 Views)

Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari / 2019 : Buhari Will Get Zero Vote In Benue -tiv Traditional Council / Mariya Sanusi Dantata, Dangote's Mother, Visited By APC Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 2:42am On Jun 25, 2017
laudate:

Can't believe I am reading this...! Someone must have hacked into this chap's account. sad

Not really. Cumbak60 (blues20) has always been a reasonable fella. We do not agree on many things but I can vouch for the fact that he is averse to any Biafra that contains non-Igboid groups. His own conception of Biafra and the Igbo cause is more tolerant and "open-minded". Again, he also sees through the shallowness of Nnamdi Kanu's vitriolic.

But then, I do not know of your previous encounter(s) with him. My appraisal is based on my experience with him cheesy!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by chineduemmao: 3:13am On Jun 25, 2017
sean1000x:
Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview of 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pIKNoDEfM
i thought i was the only one who never supported that coup

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by decode55(m): 3:13am On Jun 25, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is very intelligent.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by chuksanambra: 3:33am On Jun 25, 2017
All this one na long tori. Ley them divide it let all of us go our way. Not that one boy would be making mouth in one backward Abia village while his grandfathers are on a national begging tour, prostrating to all northern elders.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 3:47am On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

They are zombies. Mathy, this is blues20. My moniker was given a one year ban, so I angrily suspend it. I'm a core Biafran, but from my findings, Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra is a disaster waiting to happen. The religion fanaticism exuded by his followers without questioning makes me believe its more of a charade than reality. I see him as someone actually standing on the way Biafra restoration with the way he is going about it.
He is not in any position to give us Biafra......

Hey why don't you listen to the interview first.

Listen and hear the things he said which included how people see Igbos, how SNC could have solved issues in Nigeria, and a host of other things.
He doesn't support the coup, and how the narrative which followed the description of the coup changed everything.
How everyone fears Fulani people who are treated like sacred cows.

Truth be told, until Nigeria starts doing the right things, nobody can counter this man's narrative, that is a bitter pill.
I am happy to have someone say the truth as it is.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by siverspooon(m): 3:51am On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

Get off my mention. You guys, IPOB zombies, the worst zombies I have ever seen so far can't reason with your head again. Nnamdi Kanu is now your demi-god. Idiots. just carve out my state from your Nnamdi Kanu Biafra.
While his wife and kids are in the UK, he is raving on how to gag Nigeria into war against Ndi'Igbo again. May that war start and end in his father's palace. Amen. Yes, I'm Igbo from Ebonyi State. And for your information, my people fought and bled for Biafra more than even you loud mouth Igbos found in Abia and the rest......
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 3:55am On Jun 25, 2017
decode55:
Nnamdi Kanu is very intelligent.

I have not seen anybody said or done anything to counter his narrative. Everything​ he said about Nigerian leaders are apt, on point.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by knowledgeable: 3:56am On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:
While he made some good points on the state of the Nigerian nation, he is at best very idealistic on the Biafran issue. He acknowledged that multi-ethnicity is one of the problems with Nigeria yet he blatantly referred to the Niger Delta (including the many non-Igboid tribes -and even mentioning Itsekiri & Isoko) as "Southern Biafra". Such delusion and audacity are among the reasons why Biafra may never be a reality any time soon.

He said so many things; mainly utopic in nature. However, he did not state the framework for which Biafra will operate its federal structure. It is not just about granting ethnicities their own regions. That will not solve all of the problems. There are core issues that need to be addressed in a federation and he never spoke one bit about any of them. Rather he was boasting about making Lokoja a "seaport" and "dredging the river Niger". Making it seem like he is campaigning to the Tiv and other Middle Belt groups.

For someone who wants Biafra so much, he paid more attention to Nigeria, Tinubu, Mohammed, and the North. He exuded more of a personal angst and vendetta against Nigeria and Nigerians, rather than a genuine love for Biafra.

Finally... All I can say is that this interview has reinforced my conviction that the Biafra agitation, as it is now, is nothing more than blatant idealism by misguided youths, led by a delusional man whose main justification for the struggle is his hatred for the Hausa-Fulani and the "Zoo", as he puts it.

Ok, just for the heck of it, let me say you are right. But the real question then is can a Yoruba come up with ideas that can change/transform Nigeria which have been a monumental disaster from birth, other than from a position of, we have Lagos, sea port, international airport, the highest IGR from 60% companies within the Nigerian economic space, and therefore, we don't care about the Nigerian tragedies, .....until somebody shows up to change those tragedies for his people and you feel threatened. Yorubas are also scared stiff of a restricted access to attractive Igbo women sex....their #1 selfish desire.....for them every thing in Nigeria is for them to keep selfishly(international airport, sea port, echo Atlantic, access to attractive Igbo women/sex & etc) and will fight or beg for Nigerian unity..not to correct "the'" tragedies, but to maintain the selfish order. (Not all Yorubas though...but I will say 90%).

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by greenmonk: 4:06am On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

IPOB Zombi. Always resorting to insult and screaming afonja as if their oxygen depends on it. You guys reason with your nyash and not your head. I'm more Igbo than you miscreant.
If you dont support their war cry and hate speech they term you afonja. I am wondering how a people seeking for independence want to antagonise those who would share boundary with them if they eventually get their country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 4:13am On Jun 25, 2017
greenmonk:

If you dont support their war cry and hate speech they term you afonja. I am wondering how a people seeking for independence want to antagonise those who would share boundary with them if they eventually get their country.

Why not watch.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by greenmonk: 4:16am On Jun 25, 2017
sean1000x:

Certified Afonja if you like claim satan. Get out of my sight!
Typical ipob reply. No caoacity to reason.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 25, 2017
My problem is that, he has no direction and he has that much follower. Sad
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by greenmonk: 4:18am On Jun 25, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by RonJeremy: 4:18am On Jun 25, 2017
The name "Biafra" is not Igbo but the southern bay of the Atlantic which Kanu clearly indicated is subject to negotiating away if other nations decides to join the progressive and egalitarian Igbos in moving the black race forward. Biafra emancipation is inevitable and that'll be the catalyst of West African renaissance, the sooner the better. Oil is the worst thing to have happened to old Nigeria, Biafra without oil would be the greatest blessing to the young nation.
What we are witnessing is the lazy Nigerian politicians not having anywhere to hide, the visionaries are coming to the fore thanks in large measures to social media, the journey maybe painful but Uhuru is definitely within grasp.....

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by RonJeremy: 4:19am On Jun 25, 2017
ydass:

That shouldn't be your problem......

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by knowledgeable: 4:22am On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

They are zombies. Mathy, this is blues20. My moniker was given a one year ban, so I angrily suspend it. I'm a core Biafran, but from my findings, Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra is a disaster waiting to happen. The religion fanaticism exuded by his followers without questioning makes me believe its more of a charade than reality. I see him as someone actually standing on the way Biafra restoration with the way he is going about it.
He is not in any position to give us Biafra......

Bro, there can never be a more tragedy than Nigeria.
Calculatedly, since her birth, Nigeria have lost close to 35 million lifes and will loose equal numbers by the year 2035.(UN on global average life span of 70 years) US through their council on foreign relations have set up a day by day tracker on the # of Nigerians dieing every day and the cause of death. Nigerians like you cannot do critical reasoning or have analytical skills. The Biafrans have move one notch up above the average Nigerians because through their critical reasoning and analytical skills have come to the conclusion that the Nigerian tragedies are foundational and dysfunctional political structure, while almost all Yorubas and Hausa Fulani and some Igbo elites believe that it's a LEADERSHIP problem.......far from it.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 4:22am On Jun 25, 2017
greenmonk:

Watch a scammer?

Watch, you can't counter him by calling him a scammer, the man got brains and guts.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 4:25am On Jun 25, 2017
ydass:

If you put into account where he started from, the challenges so far to this point, then u must be delusional.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 4:28am On Jun 25, 2017
He asked why they failed to implement all the SNCs since 1996 till date.
Also said if the so called Nigerian leaders had brain that works, they could have started implementing the CONFAB, and used that as a footing to build a progressive country where wishes and aspirations of the least in society is taken into account, but all they do is make budget on oil and gas, every month they share money and cycle continues.
He said Politicians put him in jail close to two years cos they know he has come to spoil their show.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by TheKingdom: 4:30am On Jun 25, 2017
All Hail Biafra, and say no to the British Ni.gga Area called Nigeria

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 25, 2017
RonJeremy:
The name "Biafra" is not Igbo but the southern bay of the Atlantic which Kanu clearly indicated is subject to negotiating away if other nations decides to join the progressive and egalitarian Igbos in moving the black race forward. Biafra emancipation is inevitable and that'll be the catalyst of West African renaissance, the sooner the better. Oil is the worst thing to have happened to old Nigeria, Biafra without oil would be the greatest blessing to the young nation.
What we are witnessing is the lazy Nigerian politicians not having anywhere to hide, the visionaries are coming to the fore thanks in large measures to social media, the journey maybe painful but Uhuru is definitely within grasp.....

Well said.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by greenmonk: 4:37am On Jun 25, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Watch, you can't counter him by calling him a scammer, the man got brains and guts.
Scammers got brains and guts too.
Its left for the scammed to call his bluff which you failed to do.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 4:39am On Jun 25, 2017
greenmonk:

Scammers got guts too.
Its left for the scammed to call his bluff.

ScAmMeRS gOt BraiNS aND GUtS tOo yen yen yen

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 7footre(m): 5:40am On Jun 25, 2017
Why do you people always shout down people who raise concerns about issues pertaining to biafra with that word afonja?
So we must all swallow hook line and sinker whatever mazi Nnamdi Kanu says? So I is not entitled to a temporary opinion or to seek clarification on certain issues?

Is it that we can not argue logically or we just have hatred deep in our hrt?

How do you convince those (a lot actually) who are undecided about biafra to jump ship?

You can shout me down nd call me names too but just let d msg sink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by celwonder(m): 5:55am On Jun 25, 2017
I have not heard Nnamdi Kanu spk and I don't want to hear him spk for now but if dis man and d South East wnt to go, I don't know y anyone shud oppose or b angry. we shud grow beyond wars in settling differences. d war of 1967 shud have shown us by now that war doesn't give a permanent fix to a situation.

all dat is needed is to find out who else wnt to go wit dem nd let dem go except we are convinced nd afraid that Nigeria wil not be able to move forward without the igbos of which I doubt.

we in Nigeria are jst too concerned with Nationhood than in self development as a people. no one shud b forced to think like the other. we are uniquely different.

I wonder if no one is tired of our political leaders taking huge salaries and allowances and yet the state still pays their personal bills like wardrobe, electricity, health, food consumption etc??

I tort suffering only exists in the south until I travelled to the north.

we must tell ourselves d truth, if wit 57yrs together in d presence of abundance of natural resources we cnt development, while don't we try sumtin different??

are we so afraid of change dat we do not consider the possibility of progress or self development??

I bet many other geopolitical zones wud wnt to go too but lacks d courage to say it wit a united voice the igbos.

igbos if Biafra is ever achieved, those political leaders now that didn't support ur course shud b banned permanently from politics in ur state.

we are even talking about the Biafra's agitation, no one is talking about the agitation / oppression of the Shi'ites Muslims in the North or the rootless killings by d Fulani's herdsmen around the middle belt region and southern Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by TRUTH2020: 6:42am On Jun 25, 2017
NNAMDI KANU THE GREAT.

11 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2017
7footre:
[s]Why do you people always shout down people who raise concerns about issues pertaining to biafra with that word afonja?
So we must all swallow hook line and sinker whatever mazi Nnamdi Kanu says? So I is not entitled to a temporary opinion or to seek clarification on certain issues?

Is it that we can not argue logically or we just have hatred deep in our hrt?

How do you convince those (a lot actually) who are undecided about biafra to jump ship?

You can shout me down nd call me names too but just let d msg sink [/s]

Afonja what is there to argue logically on truth and facts? You can argue on conjectures, assumptions and hypotheticals but not on facts as he has clearly articulated in the video.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 7footre(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2017
sean1000x:

Afonja what is there to argue logically on truth and facts? You can argue on conjectures, assumptions and hypotheticals but not on facts as he has clearly articulated in the video.

Smh... the person baiting Nigeria into war, how prepared is he for war? what international alliances does he have?

What measures is he putting in place for the thousands nd millions that will leave their millions of investment up north?

I could continue but you will trash my concerns nd call me an afonja again. So let's not waste each others time
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2017
7footre:
[s]

Smh... the person baiting Nigeria into war, how prepared is he for war? what international alliances does he have?

What measures is he putting in place for the thousands nd millions that will leave their millions of investment up north?

I could continue but you will trash my concerns nd call me an afonja again. So let's not waste each others time[/s]

I made a huge mistake replying you. Dumb fellow!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Igboesika: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2017
7footre:

I could continue but you will trash my concerns nd call me an afonja again. So let's not waste each others time
You wouldn't have said this if you had watched the video.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by toofit007: 8:20am On Jun 25, 2017
fratermathy:
While he made some good points on the state of the Nigerian nation, he is at best very idealistic on the Biafran issue. He acknowledged that multi-ethnicity is one of the problems with Nigeria yet he blatantly referred to the Niger Delta (including the many non-Igboid tribes -and even mentioning Itsekiri & Isoko) as "Southern Biafra". Such delusion and audacity are among the reasons why Biafra may never be a reality any time soon.

He said so many things; mainly utopic in nature. However, he did not state the framework for which Biafra will operate its federal structure. It is not just about granting ethnicities their own regions. That will not solve all of the problems. There are core issues that need to be addressed in a federation and he never spoke one bit about any of them. Rather he was boasting about making Lokoja a "seaport" and "dredging the river Niger". Making it seem like he is campaigning to the Tiv and other Middle Belt groups.

For someone who wants Biafra so much, he paid more attention to Nigeria, Tinubu, Mohammed, and the North. He exuded more of a personal angst and vendetta against Nigeria and Nigerians, rather than a genuine love for Biafra.

Finally... All I can say is that this interview has reinforced my conviction that the Biafra agitation, as it is now, is nothing more than blatant idealism by misguided youths, led by a delusional man whose main justification for the struggle is his hatred for the Hausa-Fulani and the "Zoo", as he puts it.
the framework for which Biafra will operate

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by victorvezx(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2017
toofit007:
the framework for which Biafra will operate
Lol, delusion

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coalition For Nigeria – The Urgency Of Now! By Donald Duke / Edo Government Bans All Political Rallies In The State. / 10,000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edda, Ebonyi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.