Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 (19442 Views)

Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari / 2019 : Buhari Will Get Zero Vote In Benue -tiv Traditional Council / Mariya Sanusi Dantata, Dangote's Mother, Visited By APC Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
vanbonattel:

Is biafra ruling over Urhobo land today?

It can never do so!!! And we will always remind you guys of why for as long as you do not come up with a map and structure that caters ONLY for Igbos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Kyase(m): 11:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
vanbonattel:

As you are waiting to create your own voice, the fulani is still going around and violating your ancestral homes, so be quick before its too late. The means is not important, the end result is.

Too bad Tubaba backed out at the last minute.
and kanu will save us from fulani abi? Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
laudate:

Can't believe I am reading this...! Someone must have hacked into this chap's account. sad
The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn – Alvin Toffle.

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates

The young man is assessing and re-assessing his stance. It's a mark of intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by ComrdDRS: 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
Kyase:
Yes, we dont have voice, but that doesn't mean we should align with the wrong voice,Kanu's approch is the worst ever, where were you when he was insulting the middle belt miniorities? My brother we rather create our own voice, or nothing for us. Stay safe bro.
BROS, FORGET NAIRALAND GROUP FIGHT THINGS, THIS IS REALITY, IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT HIM LET HIM BE. OR RE YOU FIGHTING HIM FOR HAUSA FOOLANIS? LET THEM FIGHT THEIR FIGHT BECAUSE THE HAUSA FOOLANIS RE YOUR OPPRESSORS AND I THINK YOU SHOULD THINK MORE OF THIS THAN CREATING TROUBLE WITH BIAFRA WHOM YOU DON'T KNOW MIGHT BE YOUR SAVIOR TOMORROW. FOR HAUSA FOOLANIS, THEY RE YOUR SWORN ENEMIES BELIEVE IT OR LEAVE IT.... AYATUTU

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
sean1000x:

Certified Afonja if you like claim satan. Get out of my sight!
I just watched the full video and Nnamdi Kanu said that he detests ignorant people. Even if one does not agree with what he said one can see that he intelligently put across his thoughts, his convictions and beliefs and for that I respect him.

You should emulate him, answer people intelligently with persuasive arguments rather than screaming Afonja like an ignorant charlatan to everyone who expresses a contrary view. It's a sign of a weak minded man and you are filling fertile space with ignorant insults rather than with intelligent information . Do you know how many people will start rethinking Biafra just because of this video?

Show intelligence, wit, good sense, be strong, firm in holding your own ground but not this indiscriminate abuses abeg. If you like cancel what I have written or call me Afonja. In fact since Afonja appears to be your only weapon let me use it on myself : I am Afonjaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
cumbak60:

They are zombies. Mathy, this is blues20. My moniker was given a one year ban, so I angrily suspend it. I'm a core Biafran, but from my findings, Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra is a disaster waiting to happen. The religion fanaticism exuded by his followers without questioning makes me believe its more of a charade than reality. I see him as someone actually standing on the way Biafra restoration with the way he is going about it.
He is not in any position to give us Biafra......
So you were the one I was conversing with that day? Mekuzi09. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Kyase(m): 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
ComrdDRS:
BROS, FORGET NAIRALAND GROUP FIGHT THINGS, THIS IS REALITY, IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT HIM LET HIM BE. OR RE YOU FIGHTING HIM FOR HAUSA FOOLANIS? LET THEM FIGHT THEIR FIGHT BECAUSE THE HAUSA FOOLANIS RE YOUR OPPRESSORS AND I THINK YOU SHOULD THINK MORE OF THIS THAN CREATING TROUBLE WITH BIAFRA WHOM YOU DON'T KNOW MIGHT BE YOUR SAVIOR TOMORROW. FOR HAUSA FOOLANIS, THEY RE YOUR SWORN ENEMIES BELIEVE IT OR LEAVE IT.... AYATUTU
aside politics i believe you've never seen where, i engaged in any tribal war here, so i dont where you got that from, i have neve defended any tribe apart from mine. And again where were you when i was busy receiving heat from the ipob because i defend my tribe from their insult. I dont have any issue with igbos, not even ipob as long as my tribe is not dragged.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Freemancipation: 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
Some people's stupidity has gone beyond redemption.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is preaching about human freedom and dignity and building a better future for our children and some useless idiots are here making monkey noises.

Some people are too stupid for me to acknowledge their existence. I will rather pay attention to an ant to engage them.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by hucienda: 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
Wow. Can't believe I watched his 25-min talk to the end. This man makes sense!

"Everyone will die some day. How you die is what makes you a man."

He is the face of a movement sweeping the country. If what he's fighting for will make life for descendants to come better, equitable and just, so be it - for one thing I know is we definitely cannot continue like this as a country. Reminds one of how jim crow reigned supreme in the American South for close to a 100 years before its fall through agitations by spearheaded by MLK and leaders of the civil rights movement ...

"... I know you are asking today, 'How long will it take?'
Somebody’s asking, 'How long will prejudice blind the visions of men, darken their understanding, and drive bright-eyed wisdom from her sacred throne?'
Somebody’s asking, 'When will wounded justice, lying prostrate on the streets of Selma and Birmingham and communities all over the South, be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men?'
Somebody’s asking, 'When will the radiant star of hope be plunged against the nocturnal bosom of this lonely night, plucked from weary souls with chains of fear and the manacles of death? How long will justice be crucified, and truth bear it?'

I come to say to you this afternoon, however difficult the moment, however frustrating the hour,
it will not be long, because 'truth crushed to earth will rise again.'
How long? Not long, because 'no lie can live forever.'
How long? Not long, because 'you shall reap what you sow.'
How long? Not long, because 'the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice ...' "

- Martin Luther King, Jr | AL. Capitol, Montgomery | 1965

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
ComrdDRS:
Nnamdi Kanu has a point. A strong one for that matter. I m not ipob nor afonjas. I m a middle beltan. PLS THE AFONJAS SHOULD LOOK AT THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE. AND STOP SUPPORTING NORTHERNERS AT THE DETRIMENT OF MINORITIES AND THE ENTIRE NATION. IF ONLY THE YORUBAS CAN SPEAK UP LIKE THE IGBOS NIGERIANS WILL NOT BE TERRORIZED AND PERSECUTED IN THEIR LANDS. BUT THE YORUBAS ACTIONS AND INACTIONS GIVES THE HAUSA FOOLANIS AUDACITY. Pls yorubas and Igbos should resolve their difference for the sake of minorities so we can sit on round table and discuss this nation. BECAUSE AS IT IS NOW IF LEAVE THIS MARRIAGE NIGERIA I 'LL BE MORE HAPPY. GOING BY THE PRESENT CONDITIONS THAT I M BEEN COINED INTO. AS I M WRITING THE I M NOT DIFFERENT FROM A PREY IN THESE COUNTRY I CALLED MINE AND I SEE NO HOPE I NEAR FUTURE RATHER I SEES MORE THREAT. MIDDLE BELTANS ARE GETTING TIRED OF THE STATUES QUO TOO.

No differences need to be resolved between Igbos and Yorubaas. Igbos support fairness, justice and freedom for everyone including Northerners but yorubaas want the status to continue; built on inequality, hate, evil, wickedness, e.,t.c. You watched this video and heard from the horses' mouth, had you and many others from North central not seen this video, you will be thinking and believing what the yorubaa media have been feeding you and SS to think Igbos are making trouble for the Country. They did the same in 1967 to deceive Middle belt and SS which lasted for over 50 yrs, denying everyone a decent life.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
knowledgeable:

Ok, just for the heck of it, let me say you are right. But the real question then is can a Yoruba come up with ideas that can change/transform Nigeria which have been a monumental disaster from birth, other than from a position of, we have Lagos, sea port, international airport, the highest IGR from 60% companies within the Nigerian economic space, and therefore, we don't care about the Nigerian tragedies, .....until somebody shows up to change those tragedies for his people and you feel threatened. Yorubas are also scared stiff of a restricted access to attractive Igbo women sex....their #1 selfish desire.....for them every thing in Nigeria is for them to keep selfishly(international airport, sea port, echo Atlantic, access to attractive Igbo women/sex & etc) and will fight or beg for Nigerian unity..not to correct "the'" tragedies, but to maintain the selfish order. (Not all Yorubas though...but I will say 90%).
Why frame the question and put a Yoruba man in the bracket? Continue like this and you will always be on the back foot. Why don't you throw open the question and say can any Nigerian come up with ideas on how to transform Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
G
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 12:01am On Jun 26, 2017
FEGNO:
I was pleasantly surprised after watching this. For one, Nnamdi Kanu has always come across as being all about give me biafra or give me death. But in this interview he showed a practical side in talking about what a sovereign national conference could have achieved. This consious or unconscious slip actually means to my mind that ipob will accept a restructured country which if you look at it is basically what most Nigerians are clamouring for. Truth be told, we cannot continue to live this way. Nnamdi Kanu understands to well that there must be some brinksmanship in the art of negotiation. Or else without being ever pushed to the wall, will the hausa/ fulani oligarchy concede anything?
You are a perceptive person who has the ability to understand nuances
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by ComrdDRS: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2017
Kyase:
aside politics i believe you've never seen where, i engaged in any tribal war here, so i dont where you got that from, i have neve defended any tribe apart from mine. And again where were you when i was busy receiving heat from the ipob because i defend my tribe from their insult. I dont have any issue with igbos, not even ipob as long as my tribe is not dragged.
AYATUTU bro. I have seen your post here many times and re void of such. I only wanted draw you little, lets leave minor disagreement and look beyond else, it 'll degenerate. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER WE HAVE AN ENEMY AND THEY DON'T TAKE PRISONERS, THEY RE SO BRUTAL, THEY CRIPPLE EVEN THE CRIPPLE. PLS ENCOURAGE YOUR SPIRIT MORE AND NEVER SURRENDERS AND NEVER BE COWARD BY THEIR THREAT. THEY THE NORTHERN HAUSA FOOLANIS, THEY RE SWORN OPPRESSORS AND THEY 'LL NEVER REST UNTILL THEY PREY ON YOU TILL DEATH, THEY NEVER HAVE PITY, SO NEVER SEEK FOR IT, RATHER STAND AND LOOK THEM IN THE EYE, IF YOU END THERE, ANY WAY YOU 'LL SURELY END ONE DAY AND IF YOU SURVIVE YOU 'LL BE STRENGTHEN MORE. I REPEAT ALWAYS LOOK THEM IN THE EYE AND NEVER BE COWARD. FOOLANIS 'LL NEVER TAKE YOU AS PRISONERS, YOU RE A PREY TO THEM AND YOU RE TO BE ANNIHILATED.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 12:13am On Jun 26, 2017
StOla:

Why are you so vile and bitter?

Can't you have a calm logical debate with the people whose posts you quote?

Why are you always hyperventilating?

God help the "Tutsis" and "moderate Hutus" in this mad and dictatorial Biafra ooo.
Ultimately people like him are a blight to any good cause.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by laudate: 12:16am On Jun 26, 2017
StOla:
Why are you so vile and bitter?

Can't you have a calm logical debate with the people whose posts you quote?

Why are you always hyperventilating?

God help the "Tutsis" and "moderate Hutus" in this mad and dictatorial Biafra ooo.

There are so many of them like that, who were raised on a diet of insults. sad Don't waste your time expecting them to be logical, analytical, factual, reasonable, courteous or polite. Such things are far beyond their comprehension. No man can give what he does not have.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by laudate: 12:18am On Jun 26, 2017
Mujtahida:
You are a perceptive person who has the ability to understand nuances
Kanu's spell in Kuje prison and the Kaduna declaration, has reconfigured his thought processes. cheesy Compare his new speech with the ones he made before going to Kuje. And spot the huge difference. undecided
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Kyase(m): 12:23am On Jun 26, 2017
ComrdDRS:
AYATUTU bro. I have seen your post here many times and re void of such. I only wanted draw you little, lets leave minor disagreement and look beyond else, it 'll degenerate. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER WE HAVE AN ENEMY AND THEY DON'T TAKE PRISONERS, THEY RE SO BRUTAL, THEY CRIPPLE EVEN THE CRIPPLE. PLS ENCOURAGE YOUR SPIRIT MORE AND NEVER SURRENDERS AND NEVER BE COWARD BY THEIR THREAT. THEY THE NORTHERN HAUSA FOOLANIS, THEY RE SWORN OPPRESSORS AND THEY 'LL NEVER REST UNTILL THEY PREY ON YOU TILL DEATH, THEY NEVER HAVE PITY, SO NEVER SEEK FOR IT, RATHER STAND AND LOOK THEM IN THE EYE, IF YOU END THERE, ANY WAY YOU 'LL SURELY END ONE DAY AND IF YOU SURVIVE YOU 'LL BE STRENGTHEN MORE. I REPEAT ALWAYS LOOK THEM IN THE EYE AND NEVER BE COWARD. FOOLANIS 'LL NEVER TAKE YOU AS PRISONERS, YOU RE A PREY TO THEM AND YOU RE TO BE ANNIHILATED.
i understand you bro, we the youths need a leader that will speak for us. We also need a militia void of politics, enough of this fulani menance.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 12:25am On Jun 26, 2017
laudate:

Kanu's spell in Kuje prison has reconfigured his thought processes. cheesy Compare his new speech with the ones he made before going to Kuje. And spot the huge difference. undecided
Prison has always given radical minded people time to reflect and reposition themselves. Hitler spent time in prison after the Munich putsch. Even Rawlings.
I don't know if you are Igala but you most likely be from the middle belt. If this man embraces Nigeria and calls for an all out attack against the elites I will join hm. But unfortunately the lines have been drawn. I hate how things are in Nigeria but I love my country.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2017
kingzizzy:

Get real. The North will never allow any sort of restructuring in Nigeria. Not now, not ever. If anyone thinks that the North will agree to restructuring, which will take away their political and economic control of Nigeria, that person needs to have his head examined.

The truth is that everyone and every ethnic group in the South of Nigeria will at some point have to face the same choice Ojukwu faced 50 years ago, accept "Northern controlled Nigeria" or fight for your sovereignty. Anyone thinking there are other choices out there are mistaken.

People like Kanu have already made their choice.
You will agree with me that the political configuration and the consciousness of Nigeria in the 60's is not the same as it is today. Though the problem of leadership remains the same sha.
My point is don't you think that a strategic alliance between south West, south East and south South, Middle belt including Southern Kaduna might be able to force those who prefer the thieving, destiny destroying status quo to the table and get this country restructured? I am pained when instead of fruitful engagement people resort first to insults and counter productive name calling.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 1:04am On Jun 26, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

The problem with Nigeria is not Nigerians! That's a lie. We have talented, brilliant, Industrious and radical thinkers all over the country. But the system doesn't not give this people a chance. The average Nigerian youth is unemployed, educational system is wack, no social and physical infrastructure, our Senate consumes 300bn annually and the ruling elites are only concerned about retaining power in so so and so political zone in 2019 and the problem of the country is me? No I'm not problem. The system is the problem.

Well, believe what you wish to believe. Have a great day!
Add the leaders to the equation. I have never bought into that twisted narrative that Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

Leadership is like fatherhood. Children are prone to misbehave but once the father is responsible even in his absence they will behave.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 1:12am On Jun 26, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Yoruba man indeed

He has a wound which he wants the yoruba to staunch. Read what he wrote and you see a man who is dying for approval from those he claims to hate to the extent that he is ready to indulge in such shallow, dumb deception to shower approval on himself claiming to be a Yoruba man. It's shameful.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 1:26am On Jun 26, 2017
Dedetwo:
Most Nigerians are very insincere and diabolical hypocrites. Niger-Area is a shameful fraud that must be destroyed period.

"No question now what has happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again: but already it was impossible to say which was which."
Last line from George Orwell's 'Animal Farm'.

You blow the sand to the wind and the wind blows it back at you - William Blake

The mirror, ohhh the mirror. God bless the man who invented the mirror!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by beatiegirl(f): 2:25am On Jun 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by beatiegirl(f): 2:31am On Jun 26, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is an orator, but he is no position to be the leader of any movement. He does not wield any political or military power... (Ikemba was the head of the eastern region at the time, and a top ranking military personnel, having weaponry at his disposal )
Too bad the Hausa/Fulani would never agree to a restructuring, as it will reduce their influence and power... the igbos will still not get their fair share in government... the Afenifere would still play diplomacy to sustain their region....and this whole cycle continues.
It keeps impacting on the the country's economic stability.
Now, let's pray the arewa brothers don't follow through wif their threat come October. Or no be this grammar we go dey blow here...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Opharhe: 4:47am On Jun 26, 2017
fratermathy:
While he made some good points on the state of the Nigerian nation, he is at best very idealistic on the Biafran issue. He acknowledged that multi-ethnicity is one of the problems with Nigeria yet he blatantly referred to the Niger Delta (including the many non-Igboid tribes -and even mentioning Itsekiri & Isoko) as "Southern Biafra". Such delusion and audacity are among the reasons why Biafra may never be a reality any time soon.

He said so many things; mainly utopic in nature. However, he did not state the framework for which Biafra will operate its federal structure. It is not just about granting ethnicities their own regions. That will not solve all of the problems. There are core issues that need to be addressed in a federation and he never spoke one bit about any of them. Rather he was boasting about making Lokoja a "seaport" and "dredging the river Niger". Making it seem like he is campaigning to the Tiv and other Middle Belt groups.

For someone who wants Biafra so much, he paid more attention to Nigeria, Tinubu, Mohammed, and the North. He exuded more of a personal angst and vendetta against Nigeria and Nigerians, rather than a genuine love for Biafra.

Finally... All I can say is that this interview has reinforced my conviction that the Biafra agitation, as it is now, is nothing more than blatant idealism by misguided youths, led by a delusional man whose main justification for the struggle is his hatred for the Hausa-Fulani and the "Zoo", as he puts it.
Oniọvo mi yeru we ọ, wẹ kobiruo.
You see, this man has a lot of work and improvement to do on his carriage as a person, especially considering what he stands for. But you see, Kanu has a stronger and more logical argument anytime, anyday. I know he mentioned Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri.. Just as he's mentioning Tiv, Idoma, Igede etc as possible parts of Biafra grin
But as for the "Southern Biafra" point you've talked about, the man Nnamdi Kanu is correct. Yes.

1. Remember that Biafra as declared by Ojukwu, was synonymous to the Eastern Region then and there you have the Ibibios, Ogonis etc which he specifically mentioned when he was talking about the minority commission thing. Again, observe that he regretted these "Southern Biafrans" accepting that "British Idea" of "removing the minorities from the dominion of the Igbo". The agitation was on grounds of agitations going on already before the War... We in the Mid-West already had ours successfully but other "minority" areas like the Northern Middle Belt(the Tiv in particular) and the Niger-Delta(excluding Delta and Edo) were also pushing for theirs. But they had not succeeded in getting their own region before the coups and counter coups came in.

The Tivs wanted the Middle Belt Region and the "Niger Deltans" wanted the COR State(s). COR is Cross-River, Ogoja and Rivers. Adaka Boro even declared a Republic of the Niger Delta. It was on this foundation that the Gowon's FG created the old Cross-River State and Rivers state as part of the strategy to Checkmate Ojukwu and the Igbos during the strife.

Our own side in the Mid-West(Urhobo, Isoko, Edo, Ijaw, Itsekiri etc). was not part of this. The term "Southern Biafra" is correct in a political sense here... Unless of course, the people don't want to be associated with that name(Kanu's regret) which is true of some of the Ethnic groups there.
So, yes Kanu was correct on that.

2. We should be reminded also that Biafra(the name appears like having an Igbo origin) got it's name from the areas of the coast lying East in the Gulf of Guinea known as Bight of Biafra. Just like we have the Bight of Benin(named after the Benin Kingdom) along the coast around our area from where today's Republic of Benin get it's name.

These names were given to these areas by the Europeans and used by them in maps and all that for hundreds of years before Nigeria came into existence. So the term, "Southern Biafra" is still correct even in a geographical sense. This is so because the lands of these ethnic groups of Ibibio, Ijaw, Ogoni etc of the old Eastern region are closer to the coast and are, in most cases, directly bounded at Sea by the Bight of Biafra. So the guy Kanu(the guy no dey calm down talk most times which I dislike) is not really wrong or outrightly audacious with that.

Talking about the Niger-Delta, it's quite complicated because geographically speaking, the real Niger-Delta, is just 3 states today... Delta(Central and South), Rivers and Bayelsa states. I actually think it's very artificial and usually laugh when I hear people say "Republic of Niger-Delta". portraying it as comprising the 6 South South states... That matter go be for another day.

So as Urhobos and Isokos the question should be what are we doing to prepare for this eventuality? Since we don't want to be with Biafra(in share same views), we can at least leave them to do their thing provided they don't practically cross the line(leave Nnamdi Kanu make he talk him own, reality will be different) ... While we focus more on preparing ourselves and being proactive on our future in or out of Nigeria.
I don taya to type, lol. I'll pm you later to continue the discourse.

Omu vwaro tane wọ mrẹ ota na vughe re.

Thanks.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Opharhe: 5:13am On Jun 26, 2017
And all these guys branding anybody with a different view from theirs "Afonja" or whatever... can you stop it already? It's just too childish and unintelligent of you guys.
In fora like this online or offline, you present your arguments sensibly and try to keep it civil as much as possible. That way both sides of the matter including the neutrals gain more and the discourse can be sustained.
Even me sef, who's more of a Biafra sympathizer, the day I'll just type something that doesn't follow the popular opinion among Biafrans here, I automatically become an "Afonja" Na wa o.

Support for Biafra is growing among non-Igbos and others across the length and breadth of this country for obvious reasons. Biafrans should not lose that because you need it. Kanu himself still talks about external support here.

If Nairaland was the only medium where I meet Biafrans I wonder how negative my view would have been.

Are there not Igbos who oppose Biafra? I've met some... one or two Igbo Governors sef dey among grin
Have they automatically become Afonjas?

There's no need of proof here really but my brother, fratermathy is a pure Urhobo man.

One person fit blast me now now sef. grin

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by laudate: 5:24am On Jun 26, 2017
Opharhe:
And all these guys branding anybody that has anybody with a different view from theirs "Afonja" or whatever... can you stop it already? It's just too childish and unintelligent of you guys.
In fora like this online or offline, you present your arguments sensibly and try to keep it civil as much as possible. That way both sides of the matter including the neutrals gain more and the discourse can be sustained.
Even me sef, who's more of a Biafra sympathizer, the day I'll just type something that doesn't follow the popular opinion among Biafrans here, I automatically become an "Afonja" Na wa o.

Support for Biafra is growing among non-Igbos and others across the length and breadth of this country for obvious reasons. Biafrans should not lose that because you need it. Kanu himself still talks about external support here.

If Nairaland was the only medium where I meet Biafrans I wonder how negative my view would have been.

Are there not Igbos who oppose Biafra?
I've met some... one or two Igbo Governors sef dey among grin

There's no need of proof here really but my brother, fratermathy is a pure Urhobo man.

Good morning everyone.

Guy, their brains have been wired into a default setting that compels them to scream 'Afonja,' whenever someone disagrees with them. sad They were not created with understanding, rational thought or intelligence. So just pity them. sad

If you know how many times I have tried to educate them that some of us belong to one of the other 250 different ethnic groups in Nigeria, you would marvel. shocked Yet they have still refused to abandon their 'Afonja' mantra. If they do not chant that name in one day, their market would not sell. Guy, you need to realise that their problem is a deep-rooted one. It is out of the ordinary. Kindly pray for them. May God open the eyes of their understanding to discern the truth, in Jesus' name. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Opharhe: 5:24am On Jun 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

I just watched the full video and Nnamdi Kanu said that he detests ignorant people. Even if one does not agree with what he said one can see that he intelligently put across his thoughts, his convictions and beliefs and for that I respect him.

You should emulate him, answer people intelligently with persuasive arguments rather than screaming Afonja like an ignorant charlatan to everyone who expresses a contrary view. It's a sign of a weak minded man and you are filling fertile space with ignorant insults rather than with intelligent information . Do you know how many people will start rethinking Biafra just because of this video?

Show intelligence, wit, good sense, be strong, firm in holding your own ground but not this indiscriminate abuses abeg. If you like cancel what I have written or call me Afonja. In fact since Afonja appears to be your only weapon let me use it on myself : I am Afonjaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Wow! That's a good one. Even with the annoying attitude of some of these guys especially here on Nairaland. I've met intelligent Biafrans so I just shake my head and ignore these ones. No need to insult back.
I like you bro.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Opharhe: 5:30am On Jun 26, 2017
laudate:

Guy, their brains have been wired into a default setting that compels them to scream 'Afonja,' whenever someone disagrees with them. sad They were not created with understanding, rational thought or intelligence. So just pity them. sad

If you know how many times I have tried to educate them that some of us belong to one of the other 250 different ethnic groups in Nigeria, you would marvel. shocked Yet they have still refused to abandon their 'Afonja' mantra. If they do not chant that name in one day, their market would not sell. Guy, you need to realise that their problem is a deep-rooted one. It is out of the ordinary. Kindly pray for them. May God open the eyes of their understanding to discern the truth, in Jesus' name. undecided
Hahahahaha.
Amen o.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Omofunaab2: 7:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Opharhe:
And all these guys branding anybody with a different view from theirs "Afonja" or whatever... can you stop it already? It's just too childish and unintelligent of you guys.

Are there not Igbos who oppose Biafra? I've met some... one or two Igbo Governors sef dey among grin

Good morning everyone.

Shuttup, afonja grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Agumbankembu: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2017
Peace everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage / Peter Obi: I am Not Different Ideologicaly From Atiku, Tinubu And Others / Keyamo: I Will Quit Tinubu’s Campaign If Asked Not To Pursue Atiku’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.