Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police (37695 Views)

Evans: Police Reacts To Report On Promotion Of Officers Who Arrested Kidnapper / Evans: Police On The Wrong Foot / How We Arrested Most Wanted Kidnapping Criminal, Evans – Police Force Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Omooba77: 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Billionaire kidnapper: We are under pressure to free Evans – Police.

The Police have revealed they are under pressure to release kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, alias Evans.

Evans was arrested two weeks ago at his mansion at Magodo Estate, Lagos.

The notorious kidnapper has been on the police wanted list for over seven years.

Acting Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Galadanshi Dasuki, while addressing newsmen on Saturday at the Command Headquarters in Ikeja, said they will not release Evans, despite calls from different quarters to do so.

Buhari warns Nigeria to stop making reckless statements

“Evans has been a kidnapper for a long time and has been on the wanted list of the Police in Anambra, Abuja, Enugu, Edo and Lagos states.

“He also has a criminal gang, some of whom have been arrested in Enugu and Lagos. But there are still more out there. Therefore, this needs a painstaking investigation

“Besides, we need to understudy him as well as debrief him. By so doing, we intend to use his tactics to get others. He will eventually be charged to court after investigation is concluded,” Dasuki said.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/24/billionaire-kidnapper-pressure-free-evans-police/amp/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by phensbassey: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
free Evans

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by LUGBE: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
Police and online trial lipsrsealed

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by ojun50(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
If una free that guy he go sell dis country dis time around

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Omooba77: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2017
Dem no fit, igba ti edi odiwon, ti efun osi mu won

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by joseo: 2:08am On Jun 25, 2017
free this guy? then what is the point of arresting him in the first place? ....is it just to give him fame.....and to take pictures with him?

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by MendeZ(m): 4:05am On Jun 25, 2017
Which way naija?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Addicted2Women: 5:42am On Jun 25, 2017

They must free him though i don't support kidnapping

They have no evidence against him

If Kaburi Sokoto a well known Boko Haram leader can get released without serving any jail term, Evans will be released before Next year

And Shekau is still a free man

Buhari is a big joke

177 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by TheHistorian(m): 5:42am On Jun 25, 2017
Can we get over these Evans bullsheets already?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by brunofarad(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2017
I have always said it

This country is comedy circus

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by prospero5(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2017
what nonsense did I just read?

why insult our intelligence by telling us that kidnapping is a very serious crime and when you arrest a suspect of this magnitude you joke over it?

nonsense!!!!!!!!!

modified: let this guy have a taste of what he gave to others.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by crazyABO(m): 5:44am On Jun 25, 2017
Joke section jor dem dey play ni! When dem no go one use bra do snap back undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by honeymills(f): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2017
Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by ojibole(m): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2017
Evans again! Haba anything evans must make front page why now nairaland...I won't be surprised if I see"evans taking a shit while in custody" make FP
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 25, 2017
Evans the new password

1 Like

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by fernandoc(m): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2017
The real ogas are beginning to panic. Evans in parrot mode.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by crazyABO(m): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

If Kaburi Sokoto a well known Boko Haram leader can get released without serving any jail term, Evans will be released before Next year

Buhari is a big joke
did use dah drug doctor prescribed for u

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by eleojo23: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2017
Really?
This is a very good opportunity for the police to teach kidnappers a lesson by using Evans as a scape goat and some people want him freed?
So they want kidnappings to continue?

I don't understand...

7 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by lonelydora: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2017
Jesu! What is happening in Nigeria.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2017
More Evans news...
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by dayleke: 5:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Under pressure ke?
Abi dem don swear for these pples ni?
Who are "they" that are pressuring you?
Wahala wa o...
Anything can happen in Naija sha....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Edopesin: 5:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Who Is Pressuring Them Nw ?

10 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Augiiee(m): 5:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Naija which way nah?
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nutase: 5:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Liars

1 Like

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 25, 2017

Under pressure from who?

[size=15pt] THESE ONES ARE MAD!!! [/size]
angry

2 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by whyx06(m): 5:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Nigeria and media.... Like 5&6, always looking for something to say

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Buhari is a big joke

I think that the Police have lots of evidence against Evans....that would probably come out in court.

They can't release it now.

As regards Kabiru Sokoto....that is , in a way, a different matter. In negotiating with terrorists, you sometimes have to sign pacts with evil....to accomplish good...which in this case was the release of some innocent girls. (Israel does do the same thing...see their release of several Hezbollah fighters in exchange for the bodies of two dead Israeli soldiers a few years ago).

If you ask me, I think that Kabiru Sokoto should have been subjected to a summary trial and then shot. But unfortunately...that isn't how things work in real life. Anyway...Boko Haram IS on the back foot. They cannot conduct attacks like they used to . Three years ago...Boko used to bomb big cities like Kano, Kaduna, even Lagos. Now...they can only manage to attack a few villages in Borno state....and they cannot even do car bombings like they used to. The barriers that used to be in front of sensitive installations in Abuja three years ago...blocking off several streets have gone. Boko is on the back foot....but I don;t expect them to go immediately.

IN my ideal world....Evans, and Kabiru Sokoto and their kind would be in jail permanently (And mind you, there are a lot of Bokoists in detention....and some are still being caught).

And remember...Evans had a lot of victims too. Just because Kabiru Sokoto got freed....does not mean that the rights of those victims to get their day in court should be denied. Neither does it mean that govt should slack off in its fight against Boko....nor does it prevent govt from recapturing Sokoto...and the rest...and bringing them to justice.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Vicben(m): 5:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Evans has lost his plot of land in society and also who tries to have him release back to the society would surely take his place in the blocks

2 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by UnknownT: 5:49am On Jun 25, 2017
Who is dis Dasuki? I prefer the other Commisioner, what's his name again, Fatai!!! When was he transferred?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by eliwa47(m): 5:49am On Jun 25, 2017
I will believe this news is not from the police!
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by donogaga(m): 5:49am On Jun 25, 2017
Some of you in your 30s and 40s will feel really foolish in your 50s and 60s.

What am I saying? Think beyond today when you analyse and take position on issues. This is even more so when you're contending with long range issues and you're just knee jerk. Those before you and smarter than you are in the dustbin of regret today.

Perhaps, I might fall in that category...so, note to self.

5 Likes

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by etzskillz(m): 5:49am On Jun 25, 2017
phensbassey:
free Evans
abi weyrey ni e

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eiye Cult Members Nabbed While Robbing Victim In Lagos. Photo / EFCC Seized Benz, Lexus During Early-Morning Raid At A Hotel In Edo State / Corpse Of Edward Soje, Kogi Civil Servant Who Committed Suicide By Hanging (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.