Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? (34713 Views)

Who Is Man Enough To Grant This Lady Her Bid? / I Be Man Like You,lady Tells A Sexual Harasser In A Commercial Bus In Lagos. VID / A Man I Considered A Friend Wanted To Have Sex With Me - Lady Cries Out (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by 2shure: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
Smoke sk
Its natural
No side effects
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Maxi112: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
Tahrah:
No
grin lies
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by hamilton62(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
Good morning everyone, I would just head straight to the point here.

I happen to be a person who does not find smoking even the said harmless shisha fun. I hate it so much that I advice my friends to stop it when they do it in clubs. I also hate drinks as well, be it alcohol, beer or the popular kerewa hard drinks. I can at least settle down with malt as I don't take fanta, Pepsi, coke and the rest of the sugary drinks

Now my problem is my friends, they indirectly insult me over this, even my own brother did too, saying I look too soft cos I'm not doing weed or shisha at least which is harmless, that I'm not man enough physically. Its become persistent that its starting to worry me and I just wanna hear someone say I'm doing what's right and not wrong...

I'm not tryna show/say I'm a Holy person but I just don't like it. Is this normal? Are there guys like me out there?
You are doing the right thing brother.... I neither smoke nor drink and I faced this during my tertiary education amongst friends and guess what, it didn't even give me the slightest thought or concern...
You are the real man both healthwise and morally...
They often envy you but won't say so and don't ever bring yourself down from that great and better height you are.
Time always unveils the truth about our personality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by RealHaute: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
pocohantas:
Men who do not smoke, drink or womanise are very man enough to me. Where you wan take get them? grin

Let's not forget the health benefits of abstaining from these three things.

First you liked men with full eyebrows, now you like men who don't smoke or drink. Please stop talking about your preferences. I don't want you to like me. angry
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by sconp: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor,

Peer pressure makes people leave their principles and take that of others.
You are a man in every​ aspect, it actuallytakes alot to abstain from those things.
I don't do drugs, smoke or alcohol but I have my own way of gettinghigh and burning out stress and there's nothing(legal) that someonehigh would do that I can't do withmy clear eyes.
Enjoy Bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by AlwaysUltraPad: 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
pocohantas:
Men who do not smoke, drink or womanise are very man enough to me. Where you wan take get them? grin

look no further.
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by 9itewolf(m): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
Benekruku:
Prove to your dudes that they re kids

You up the game by starting with cocaine, heroine, morphine and opium and let them see who really is a man.
bro wer I fit get dis kain weed....d1 u tak b4 dis post grin grin
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by PatriotTemidayo: 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
My brother, I worked in a 5star hotel for 8 years and in hotel and other 3-star hotelS, Lounge and Club for close to 4 years,

handling very high volume of alcoholic and cigarette inventories, yet I've never tasted alcohol or any other HIGHING drinks,

neither have I participated in any kind of smoking and to be honest with you, I am more of a man than the Idiots that called me "a woman" for over ten years.

Its a stupid mind game to pull you into the self-destruct habits. Secretly, they wish your life is theirs. They value the self-discipline you have but they know so well its too late reverse the damages they've done to themselves. So they want you to be like them.

Don't mind the Mumu friends of yours cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
I don't smoke , don't drink, don't womanize. I think I am too nice to be a man.
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by bejite: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Op, read this carefully and make your choice.

Cigarette and You: Enjoy your stick of death!

Although you must have been told that smokers are liable to die young; that smoking a stick a day reduces your life span by 5minutes; and that your vital organs such as the heart, liver and lungs are destroyed as a result of cigarette smoking, yet, you think those are mere talks? Pity yourself!

Cigarette, which includes “igbo”, whitey, etc. is as dangerous as the name sounds. Every stick contains more than 28 chemicals which work together to ensure your untimely death. Wait for it!

1. Social consequences of cigarette: you are not new to how cigarette has affected your social life, are you? It attracts the wrong set of people to you and keeps you wondering why you are not moving forward in life. Your breathe stinks and your lips are darker than a charcoal even if you lick all the “Tom-Tom” and eat all the groundnut in the whole world, your lips will still remain dark and your breathe will still stink. Your family members will avoid you like plague and you may not even know. Your wife will never tell you that she dreads kissing you for any reason. She is even embarrassed of going out with you. Your colleagues will write you off even if you are the star of the company: YES! EVEN IF YOU ARE THE STAR! No church member will show up during the child dedication because they cannot stand the stench of cigarette in the sitting room. The worst part, you may not know any of these stuffs.

2. Biological consequences: studies have proven that cigarette smoking is one of the leading causes of cancer, lungs, liver, and heart-related diseases and ultimately death. Should the studies concern you? No. Non-smokers should be given the chance to live in a densely populated world. You deceive yourself by believing that smoking helps you to calm your nerves when you are worked up. Let me burst your bubble: smoking temporarily gives you a false sense of relief. It does not calm your nerves down. It jerks them up and dries you up. The nicotine, which makes up 80% of every stick you take, ensures that you are made miserable for the rest of your life. It keeps you stuck on cigarette even when you try pulling yourself out of it. That’s the exact reason the manufacturers jerk up the quantity of nicotine every other year.

3. Economic consequences: believe it or not, cigarette not only put a big hole in your pocket, it will cut off the pocket entirely. Examine it yourself: an average chain smoker guzzles 2 packets of the stuff every day. A stick costs N20 and you have 12 sticks in a packet. A chain smoker spends N172, 800 (ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY TWO THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED NAIRA) every year on cigarette. Assume he does this for the next 5 years, he would have spent N864,000 (EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND). Invest the same amount on a viable business earning 20% annually, you will make the same amount in another 5years. Unfortunately, cigarette is no investments. The money simply goes with the puffs. Now, you are desirous to stop because you have heard enough, you begin to run helter-skelter looking for the shortest way to get a faster result. Sharp business dudes then capitalize on your desperation and “chop” you “well well.” Towards the end of your miserable life, the doctors say your case is hopeless because the cigarette has done so much damage to your vital organs that requires you to be place on life-support machine. Your properties are sold to crap up money to support you. Unfortunately, that will be the end of the road for you. On your death bed, you regret why all the “MERE CIGARETTE TALKS DID NOT MATTER TO YOU.”
A stitch in time saves TEN!
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by osita76(m): 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:

I happen to be a person who does not find smoking even the said harmless shisha fun. I hate it so much that I advice my friends to stop it when they do it in clubs. I also hate drinks as well, be it alcohol, beer or the popular kerewa hard drinks. I can at least settle down with malt as I don't take fanta, Pepsi, coke and the rest of the sugary drinks

Now my problem is my friends, they indirectly insult me over this, even my own brother did too, saying I look too soft cos I'm not doing weed or shisha at least which is harmless, that I'm not man enough physically. Its become persistent that its starting to worry me and I just wanna hear someone say I'm doing what's right and not wrong...

I'm not tryna show/say I'm a Holy person but I just don't like it. Is this normal? Are there guys like me out there?
I myself I do not drink and smoke it gives me a lot of joy so don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Martin0(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol! You're trying but I'm not Zulu tongue
yeah I know u are not,just look over it eh..

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by emonkey(m): 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:

It takes a MAN to be able to take a stand against the crowd.
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by testimony1089(m): 4:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
U ar right bro, I face the same thing here almost everytime but I never allow any of it to get into my head. I'm proud of myself being among the rare type. Believe me, u ar the best man u cud eva be!!!
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
DeGuyNxtDoor:
I see...thanks for this bro.
Same as u. I tried drinking one day just to look "man enough" to them, since they disturb me countlessly each time they drink and i will say no to their request to drink with them. They mixed beer with bullet; they said it will lessen d alcoholic effect, oya take it (sounds funny). I foolishly took it. Bro., dat night as a whole, i couldn't sleep; it kept on disturbing my brain till dawn to d extent dat i almost died. From that day henceforth, i determined to be d real man (complete man enough). Nobody can talk trash to me again, and i'll listen to him or her. At best, i try to avoid such companies to avoid "had i known". It taught me a great lesson never to follow d crowd, but to be my real self no matter d insults that may come from the "fake men" dat claim they are real men. Bro., evil communication corrupts good manner. SHUN THEM!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by jnoz23(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
as far as dem no put am 4 ur mouth, dont be a bitch! Abi na sympathy u want?
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by 2buffagain(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
pocohantas:

All da one na wash.
Many guys like that exist, but young girls will always say one thing and use their toto to follow another thing.

At least with young guys, they use their mouth AND dick to tell you what they want so there is no confusion or cognitive dissonance. Everyone knows exactly where they stand.

If he wasn't a womanizer, you wouldn't have given him the time of day. End of!
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Palado(m): 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2017
May God help you people. The standard of God negates smoking, taking hard/alcoholic drinks for leisure purpose. Drink is permissible if u use it as medication which has controlled measurement. GOD standard has not changed , our people are only looking towards doing things that defile them before God.

Pls people of God stay away from smoking, alcoholic drinks , over-dose of drugs.
Thanks
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lionessza:

I used a product called Nicorette , it has both patches and gums and I used them both. My cousin used them too but they didn't work for her and she started swearing at me that I made her waste her money loll.

Loll @ plus I was fat, I know that could piss off anyone lol. To be honest I also had to take some mood stabilizers for about two weeks coz I couldn't concentrate on anything and I would easily fly into a rage for no reason, it was like I was going mad. I wonder how junkies cope without their drugs grin. Now I'm a coffee junkie , I guess i replaced one addiction with another.

OK thanks, I'll check it tomorrow. Hope it doesn't cost an arm & a leg. It's like they price them blindfolded, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, the only way you can cope with the withdrawal symptoms is by gulping happy pills, otherwise you'll go mad. Btw, I wonder the same thing about drug addicts. Back when I used to waitress I worked with one coke addict. They're as "generous" as cigarette smokers because they be trying to get you to try their shit. Many times I told the girl no because I saw how she was acting when she wasn't drugged up. She had nose bleeds & was either picking her skin or complaining of stomach cramps. I knew it was not a cross I was willing to carry because I got gorgeous skin grin LOL!

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
ZarZar:

OK thanks, I'll check it tomorrow. Hope it doesn't cost an arm & a leg. It's like they price them blindfolded, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, the only way you can cope with the withdrawal symptoms is by gulping happy pills, otherwise you'll go mad. Btw, I wonder the same thing about drug addicts. Back when I used to waitress I worked with one coke addict. They're as "generous" as cigarette smokers because they be trying to get you to try their shit. Many times I told the girl no because I saw how she was acting when she wasn't drugged up. She had nose bleeds & was either picking her skin or complaining of stomach cramps. I knew it was not a cross I was willing to carry because I got gorgeous skin grin LOL!
AMEN!! She just blew her own horn

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Deeldorado: 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
There are many of us out there Bro who don't do alcohol and smoking. No fear.
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Berekeshele: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
Defaramade:
I hope they will be man enough to face the consequence of their unhealthy habits when it starts haunting them (a la cirrhosis and cancer)
That is the answer to that question. Drinking and smoking is bad for the health and also as a Christian/ Muslim. Settle for the best and not the fake trending guys.
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Lionessza(f): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, No its not that costly.

Yeah true that. Lol , true I don't know anyone as generous as a drug user , always trying to recruit new users lol. I wonder why they always have those stomach cramps . Lol @ gorgeous skin tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
Jayceon:
AMEN!! She just blew her own horn

grin

I forgot to add, so I've been told tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, No its not that costly.

Yeah true that. Lol , true I don't know anyone as generous as a drug user , always trying to recruit new users lol. I wonder why they always have those stomach cramps . Lol @ gorgeous skin tongue

Why really? It's so weird & scary because it's not like they eat the drugs. That's one thing I'd never try for as long as I live. IDK if it's vanity or what, but I'm dead scared of things that alter your looks. Same reason I avoid alcohol. Some people you can just tell that they drink without asking. Alcohol is written all over them. If it's not the scurvy red lips (spanyaw grin), it's "that" face. Today they're going to say you're a bore when you don't drink like a fish, but years down the line, they're the ones who'll be looking haggard & hard- faced like they've been chiseled from a rock. LOL!

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Lionessza(f): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
ZarZar:

Why really? It's so weird & scary because it's not like they eat the drugs. That's one thing I'd never try for as long as I live. IDK if it's vanity or what, but I'm dead scared of things that alter your looks. Same reason I avoid alcohol. Some people you can just tell that they drink without asking. Alcohol is written all over them. If it's not the scurvy red lips (spanyaw grin), it's "that" face. Today they're going to say you're a bore when you don't drink like a fish, but years down the line, they're the ones who'll be looking haggard & hard- faced like they've been chiseled from a rock. LOL!

LMFAO grin grin. ZarZar, you are scaring me with your description of my future face grin you made me go stand infront of a mirror to check how far the wine has destroyed my looks so far grin. I know those faces and the multi colored lips grin.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Toks2008(m): 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
pocohantas:

I dey here.. don't do any of the three.
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by UwaBuPawPaw: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
No matter how u get high....U can't be higher than the most High
Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
ZarZar:

You got lucky, I guess. Because mine started with just a few puffs in high school. We used to bunk maths class & hide in the bathrooms. In there it was smokers' paradise & before I knew it, I was hooked like a snoek grin It's really nice when you 1st start it though, next thing you know, you're dumpster diving looking for half-smoked cigarettes. LMAO. On my broke days, I used to stand outside ABSA to collect stompies tongue
I guess I'm lucky.LOL@picking stompies,we have all been there.I used to smoke cigarette buds until I could feel my lips burning from the smoke.Now I have started this habit of smoking cigars,there is this cheap cigar they sell at Checkers,it is contained in a small cylinder-like container,when I'm bored I just swing by Checkers and buy two to last me for the whole weekend.

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lionessza:

LMFAO grin grin. ZarZar, you are scaring me with your description of my future face grin you made me go stand infront of a mirror to check how far the wine has destroyed my looks so far grin. I know those faces and the multi colored lips grin.

Lol, go easy on it then. Don't be Nospirit grin Apparently, alcohol has some "health benefits", taken in moderation. Like a glass a day, they say. So it's not all bad, I guess.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
VickyRotex:

cool cool
cc: DeGuyNxtDoor
that was cool...thanks for the mention smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Who Does Not Smoke Or Drinks, Is He Considered Not To Be Man Enough? by thestevens: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
I doubt if you're in Lagos,if real hustle knock you off,these things will not even cross your mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My 1-week Girlfriend Is About To Turn EX. / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / My Husband Is Drinking My Menstrual Blood And Urine – Woman Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.