Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,009 members, 7,828,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (62108 Views)

Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes / Nigeria Airways Begins Operations, December 2018 (Photos) / Nigeria Airways: A Peek Into Its Heydays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Sweetguy25: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
150 billion naira profit my ass. Do you think we are kids?

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by mrsfavour(f): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
mrsfavour:
O Di egwu o, Nigeria .
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by totorimi: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
The same cabal killed Nigeria Airways period. They are those who feel everything federal is their birth right. Govt work is their own, we beg them to go to school free on scholadhip, army is their own, they depend on commission after every contract.

They won't pay to board plane, after be killing a whole Nigeria Airways they established their private airlines. They finished this country yet they want to continue to embarrass this great nation by holding in to power blindly.

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by yinka2011: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
am not sure if this can carry person go LAGOS-IBADAN-LAGOS by bus

Koval12:
The good old days. This country is like a keg of gun powder, waiting to explode.
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by agitator: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
SageTravels:

I'm just confused. Nigeria was doing very well before the oil stuff. We were ahead in Agriculture, today we are struggling. Despite the numerous Tourist attractions we have in this country We are not even among top 10 tourist destinations in Africa. Sometimes I wonder if we even have foreign students in any of our university.

GEJ, destroyed everything in 6years - APC wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by emynike2001(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
The promises

Are driving us mad as a NATION

Only a true leader will Stand by his words.

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by banmee(m): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
Modsenemy:
Oil is a curse to Nigeria , hence , the downfall of every other sector.

I hope you have watched the footage of the heavily leaking roof at newly renovated Abuja airport .

These days we don't have business planes , we have private jets owned by the pas...rs

How can you say that oil is a curse to Nigeria? Oil is not the problem. Unless you are saying Natural resource is not good for a country. The curse of Nigeria is the mentality of the citizenry. It is phucked up from the floor up. Nigerians don't think like normal human beings hence the reason it seems they take one step forward and a billion ones back.
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by basty: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
The North killed our southern technocrats thorough Murtala Mohammed in 1975 and OBJ followed the agenda with instructions from T.Y.Danjuma and Shehu Musa Yar-adua.

IBB came and nailed Nigeria coffin. Babangida cannot run away from God and man. He will die with his head and will die a miserable death.

The infrastructural problems we are having today is the Northern agenda
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Omeny: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
Modsenemy:

I hope you have watched the footage of the heavily leaking roof at newly renovated Abuja airport .

These days we don't have business planes , we have private jets owned by the pas...rs
. Oil was and is never a curse. It was/is a natural blessing and a gift from God Almighty. But u see, the money you get from Oil is so huge and easy to get,hence our laziness and combined with bad leaders that are criminally minded and selfish,hence we are where we are today. Don't ever blame God for blessing us with Oil.

3 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by agitator: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
nextstep:
I don't lament for the old days of careless spending on development projects without actually developing.

Personally, I take that picture as one of many symbols of Nigeria's problems: we didn't produce a single piece of technology in that picture, not even the plates use aboard nor the uniforms. We didn't have a good group of managers who understood the airline business neither could we afford such expensive equipment. Planes are not something you buy and forget

Any country that trades natural resources only to buy other peoples' technology is bound to get into trouble someday - as the price of oil suffers, so does our economy, corruption notwithstanding.

The plane is a facade, fancy dressing on a country with nothing to show. I would argue that we are actually in a better place today, as I'm seeing more indigenous engineering and foundry firms pop up in Lagos, Aba. That's actually what gives me hope that we will one day take pictures of a plane we made, even if it looks like crap.

Ethopia and Kenya are not producing anything, even tire, yet they are there.

I can't recall which of them Dangote established a cement factory, also Kenya requested for Nigeria's expertise to enable them extract their oil. wink wink wink
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by delors(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lol. Even the elephant come get pot belly join.

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by ncoolsome(m): 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
when we have a flying elephant as a logo,how will the Nigerian airways work??

3 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by alexxo11(m): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
agitator:

Ethopia and Kenya are not producing anything, even tire, yet they are there.

I can't recall which of them Dangote established a cement factory, also Kenya requested for Nigeria's expertise to enable them extract their oil. wink wink wink
nigeria"s expertise to extract our own??like its you people who extract your own??those foreign companies come and drill the oil from you and then buy it from you.(actually they buy it from your leaders since the money does not reach the common man).

5 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
Mediator97:
I Will Continue To Say It. If We Are To Achieve Anything In This Nation, We Must First Restructure It So That Everyone Will Know Their Stand. Our Leaders Are Not Interested If We Move Forward Or Not But They Always Make Sure We Are Moving; Backward Ever.

I agree, Nigeria must be restructured, Nigerian leaders nowadays are extremely lazy, they will continue to keep waiting for handouts from Abuja, But let every region provide for itself & workers
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
Why cry thr airways still dey. See

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by PDPGuy: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nigeria Airways was the giant of Africa then, but there is no way the airline was making N150bn at the time, and flying to 1,500 destinations grin That is a big exaggeration
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Onlineloaded: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dudes, Visit 48naija.com
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by SmartyPants(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Why should the picture make me cry?

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Onopa(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nigeria is a curse country

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Cmeo(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nigerian Airways is one of the victims of the President Obasanjo Debt forgiveness and Reforms which he negotiated with the Paris Club, World bank, etc. Our smart benefactors make a lot from this negotiation which include killing the airline for others (their foreign owned) to penetrate the largest aviation market in Africa although some of the reforms may be good for us but they were quick to implement the bad ones than the good ones.
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by stevecantrell: 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
Why should an airline use an elephant as their mascot....elephant dont fly.

4 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Gofwane(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
Smh. My boss is among those people that killed the Nigerian Airways. They sold about 30 aircrafts and disappeared with the money.
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by fakati(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
Like Nigeria is cursed I pray God to break the curse place upon Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
Modsenemy:

stop this oil is a curse thing. A natural resource remains a blessing. Your past leaders and poor management and maintenance culture is what's a curse. Nigeria ought to be the Dubai of Africa. Sadly, it's the opposite. Get rich quick, build house, marry wives, buy car mentality is the reason for where we are today. What many of us don't know is development only comes when we seek to make the next generation have a better life. If our leaders have this mentality, we won't be complaining of a dysfunctional educational system rather one to envy. The average black man does not wish his neighbour well sadly.

5 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
EgunMogaji:
My sister was an hostess on there before.

The youths of today do not know what we had.

Is it not your generation that messed things up? Why are you calling out current day young ppl?

Easy target abi?

1 Like

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by austyn0(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
There was once a great country blessed beyond human imagination that single-handedly brought curses upon herself...

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by seguno2: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Modsenemy:

Is Nigeria the only country that has oil?
USA has more oil than us, if I am not mistaken.

3 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
majekdom2:
stop this oil is a curse thing. A natural resource remains a blessing. Your past leaders and poor management and maintanance

Don't mind the dunce. Russia, Norway and even Saudi Arabia that have oil, are they cursed? We know how to talk without thinking in this country

4 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by chuckdee4(m): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
Not a hint of tribalism in the initial write up.
These days everything in Nigeria first has to go through the tribal mills before anything is even done
Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
seguno2:

Is Nigeria the only country that has oil?
USA has more oil than us, if I am not mistaken.
USA, Russia, Canada, Saudi. They do about 10 milion barrels per day. We just do 20 percent i.e 2 million and people talk like we do times 10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by AreaFada2: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
Has somebody blamed Goodluck Jonathan for it today? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry by wristbangle: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
Omotayor123:

Wrong! I have one Ghanian in my class; Just that he was Born, Bread & Buttered here in Nigeria. grin grin grin tongue

That one na naija blood. We are talking of those who left their country for education here cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures) / Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.