Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Why Do People Change After Getting Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? (23366 Views)

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / Why Do Things Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Zither:

True. It is quite obvious she was but I couldn't leave it to chance hence my response.

I like your replies . your smart cheesy

Very precise and on point ! cheesy
Nice one!
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by Zither(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
alexialin:

I like your replies . your smart cheesy

Very precise and on point ! cheesy
Nice one!

Lol. Thanks. The truth is I feel quite embarrassed by the whole episode. Oh well, it's all good. smiley
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by greatwomenworld(f): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
naijaboiy:
Sometimes you date a person who hasn't really discovered him/her self and you think that's the true personality of that person and then along the line they discover who they truly are and bring it out for you to either tolerate and stand by them or get frustrated and do something drastic.

Many people don't really know who they are and so they can't even explain what happened or what they did that made the marriage change shape but the other partner will see it as pretence.

No matter how long you spend courting a person if you both haven't come to that self realization of your true selves and make a decision on how to compromise with each other, there will be problems in marriage.

$2
I agree with you but how can you know if the person you want to get married to has discovered his or herself?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by ayokunlefaniku: 10:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
If I must talk from experience, I will have to get married to confirm that
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
loveymom:

grin grin grin

Seeeeee? Datzzz the spirit. wink
Nothing hard like dat o. cool
Happiness is IN YOUR HANDS! Period. kiss
If you count on GOD, man, woman, child, animal OR JUJU? You don MIZZZZZZZZ road walahi! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Alot of people miss the true meaning of dating. I was always of the opinion that long courtship wasn't worth it. Truse me when I say people can pretend. No matter how long you date for. Again, alot of "ladies" see marriage as the final stop. Once u get in, u can do as u like. It's like doing an msc program, u read because u know it's for a short period of time, u r willing to do what it takes to get the certificate. Once u get it, how many people hold b on to the books from msc? They toss it away, now acting like the masters holder.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by dangotesmummy: 6:46am On Jul 02, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

Thanks my darling. Longest time. grin
I h-enjoy "our" country wella wella o.
I chop niallllllly BURST!
Na one heavy party I cone attend o.
I don land back for Trioumphant Trump Land sha. cheesy
wow.see enjoyment cheesy

No go get constipation o cheesy
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 02, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

Seeeeee? Datzzz the spirit. wink
Nothing hard like dat o. cool
Happiness is IN YOUR HANDS! Period. kiss
If you count on GOD, man, woman, child, animal OR JUJU? You don MIZZZZZZZZ road walahi! grin

Awwww kiss kiss kiss

Thanks
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
dangotesmummy:
wow.see enjoyment cheesy

No go get constipation o cheesy

You mean DIO-rrrrhea?�
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by dangotesmummy: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

You mean DIO-rrrrhea?�
yeah something like that lol
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by Olasigun01(m): 3:45am On Jul 04, 2017
greatwomenworld:
what prompted my post was a phone call I had with a male friend which turned into a debate .

He is about getting married and says something like one doesn't need to date for a long time before getting married ,maximum 6 months because there's nothing you want to know about your spouse, you will eventually find out everything when you become husband and wife living under the same roof .

Trust me, I debunk the notion because I am of the strong opinion that rushing in is dangerous. You need to know the person you want to settle with to a very large extent before tying the knot. The time you spend doing that, is up to you. but I am particular about the " LARGE EXTENT ".

I used my previous relationship as an example, I once dated someone who if not for longtime relationship and closeness, I wouldn't know that he abuses drugs.
Well, if I had rushed into marriage with such person, I'm sure I would be regretting because this guy was an addict. I cannot stand it.

talking about why people change after getting married, I really don't think that people change, we just haven't discovered who they really are until we find ourselves living together then the true colour start to display.

that's my opinion.

Tell me yours , I want to learn from you, i might have a wrong mindset.

U are ryr, but don't U think it is better to do a kind of investigation about everything possible about the guy than saying U want to study him urself

greatwomenworld:
what prompted my post was a phone call I had with a male friend which turned into a debate .

He is about getting married and says something like one doesn't need to date for a long time before getting married ,maximum 6 months because there's nothing you want to know about your spouse, you will eventually find out everything when you become husband and wife living under the same roof .

Trust me, I debunk the notion because I am of the strong opinion that rushing in is dangerous. You need to know the person you want to settle with to a very large extent before tying the knot. The time you spend doing that, is up to you. but I am particular about the " LARGE EXTENT ".

I used my previous relationship as an example, I once dated someone who if not for longtime relationship and closeness, I wouldn't know that he abuses drugs.
Well, if I had rushed into marriage with such person, I'm sure I would be regretting because this guy was an addict. I cannot stand it.

talking about why people change after getting married, I really don't think that people change, we just haven't discovered who they really are until we find ourselves living together then the true colour start to display.

that's my opinion.

U are ryr, but don't U think it is better to do a kind of investigation about everything possible about the guy than saying U want to study him urself

greatwomenworld:

that's my opinion.

Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by Olasigun01(m): 3:56am On Jul 04, 2017
lonelydora:
It depends on what you call change. I don't believe in long relationship, reason I met my wife in January and did traditional in April then white wedding November. 5 years down and our love is still waxing stronger.

All I need to know about any woman is about 80% of the characters I can/cannot condone. I don't need ages to confirm what she may hide till marriage if she wants.

Once I am okay with her sex life, cleanliness, religious life, cooking skills, education level, family background, I'm ready to walk down the aisle, no time to waste.

Not good enough.
Re: Why Do People Change After Getting Married? by greatwomenworld(f): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
Olasigun01:
[color=#000099][/color]
what kind of investigation and who? will his friends or family tell you the truth ? these things are complicated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moment Lady Calls Her Dad Before Accepting Her Fiance’s Marriage Proposal (vid) / ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' / My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.