Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,558 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? (4436 Views)

Learn From The Yorubas- Joe Igbokwe Tells Igbo Brothers / Appeal To My Igbo Brothers / Nigeria Must Decide What It Wants From The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by afonjaheadhunt: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
orisa37:
We want to eat our cake and have it.
Exactly.
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:

Thank you for your kind words.. Personally I write a lot of stuff to benefit the Igbo nation and for the well being of our people but each time I post them here they are automatically deleted by tribalist mods even when they have not broken any rules, that shows these guys want to systematically shut the voice of Ndigbo on this platform, that why i am glad our very own Biafrasay is growing rapidly, very soon I will spend more time posting over there before I post anything here.

As for the title I believe that's the reason the mods did not delete this thread but I have heed your advice and change the title to be more welcoming to Ndigbo. To be frank I am still watching in amazement and shock to see this thread still floating undeleted in the politics section even with tribalist mods lurking In the moderation. As for Ndigbo the politicians should take the back seat the youths have taken over with the counsel of our elders, Chibuike anyi. God is our strength.
...thanks for your response and correction of the headings. I really appreciates your passion for the progress of igboland. We are unstoppable and we shall surely get to our promised land. Above all, thanks for your humility.
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by mekaboy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
ceaz4r:

I am not burning my house/home, I am only saying to the current mangers of my home to stop Mismanaging my home and allow me manage my home myself. I am only saying to those who are making policies that affect my home badly to stop, and let me make the policies that affect my home the way I deem fit. Like you rightly said, the way I make my bed, so will I lay on it. I will feel more comfortable managing my affairs than some aliens doing it for me!!

If you boycott elections, will you be the one to manage your home? It's senseless.
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by ceaz4r(m): 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
mekaboy:

If you boycott elections, will you be the one to manage your home? It's senseless.

Boycotting the election says I'm done being part of a failed project.
Boycotting the election means I'm done doing same thing and expecting a different result.

Seriously, why are you people so scared and so disturbed that we want to go our saparate ways?!!
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by Dreambeat: 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Igbos need to boycott the elections.We need to send a strong message to Nigeria that we want out of this unworkable union.The politicians and the 'one Nigerianers' know the implication of boycotting the election.They know it will be the end for them,that is the reason they are fighting tooth and nail to scuttle the plan.The Anambra election is a test ground.We have to be resolute.If the boycott of Anambra election is successful,then we are as good as having a country we call our own where we can determine our destiny.Most of the people opposing the boycott are the selfish lots who would rather protect their personal interest that fight for the good of the majority. Igbos can do it.Yes,we can.Of what benefit has the elections in the past been to us?Lets not allow the greed of a few deny us the everlasting benefit we shall get by succeeding in this struggle.If we don't get it right now,then we may remain slaves in this country for years to come.God forbid!We must work out a better future for the next generation of Igbos,this we have to start now. God bless Biafra!
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
mekaboy:

Anambra people say they don't want their state to be used for experiment, is it by force. Let's try in Abia. So there will be no government in Anambra, while there is in Abia?

Wait for Abia elections.

So if there is no election in a state, what come happen?

Make we see what will happen.
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by lexxwiz(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
cjrane:

Dude,
Whether you claim to be from nnewi-ichi or Ukpor is not the issue. Boycotting the Presidential election will have a greater effect and not bring too much sufferings on the local civil servants and other innocent families.

Anambra does not deserve to be thrust under an abooki Sole Administrator for long 4 years to drain the state, incur huge debts that will finally remove any hopes of that state developing. Can you guarantee me that you will get Biafra after 6 months of boycotting the polls? NO!

Struggle for Biafra is a long term struggle. Therefore, you don't need to take thoughtless actions that will condemn parts of Biafra land to suffering for a very long time before Biafra.
I usually don't write on Biafra issues but o must applaud you for your brilliant replies ..
To @Op smart leadership isn't rocket science, all you just have to be is "smart"..
Aren't there no other ways to strike a blow to the FG asides from election boycott? You can't shut people up just to make a point. You're there calling people cowards and all sort of names just because they've disagreed with a plan... no no no! You of all people should know 'dictatorship' doesn't go down with Igbos.. ever attended an umunnas meeting? You know everyone always wants to be heard. "Typical of us"..

Come up with good reasons and a plan.. just asking people to boycott an election just to prove a point isn't a plan... what happens after FG installs their puppet there? What happens after that? And after that? Plan D?
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by oyatz(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Okay, but indigenes of Anambra and not aliens (as you are trying to portray it) have been governing Anambra State since 1999

ceaz4r:

I am not burning my house/home, I am only saying to the current mangers of my home to stop Mismanaging my home and allow me manage my home myself. I am only saying to those who are making policies that affect my home badly to stop, and let me make the policies that affect my home the way I deem fit. Like you rightly said, the way I make my bed, so will I lay on it. I will feel more comfortable managing my affairs than some aliens doing it for me!!
Re: Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want? by oyatz(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes, it is very difficult to truly understand what IPOB is; Is it a pressure group for the creation of Biafra, an opposition political group, an anti-Buhari pressure group , arch Hausa-Fulani enemies or just a pro-Igbo tribal group or every thing rolled into one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor / Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. / Nigeria To Have Nuclear Power Plants ''Within Months''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.