Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution (38970 Views)

BREAKING: OPC Announces New Leader, Oshibote Oodua / YOLICOM To Declare Oodua Republic, Rejects Restructuring / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 10:02am On Jul 03, 2017
wristbangle:

The Eguns are Benin republic tribes who are also habitats of some area in Yewa land and when we choose to secede, for those who have legitimate right to stay such citizen by birth, by work permit, residential period of stay would be condone and that is if they choose to stay but for those without traceable record will have to go through legal means if they are interested to be citizen of the country.

As the minority ground, I am indifferent about it because they are well grounded in yoruba culture and also a foreigner (Benin republic)

I agree with the last sentence. Everybody should answer to his/her father's call

Bro, Eguns in Yewa are regarded as Nigerians.. Those in iwoye ketu etc Egun is an ethnic group in Nigeria. .

Yes ancestrally they are from Benin Republic just like the Yorubas in Benin Republic are also from Nigeria ancestrally but regarded as an ethnic group in Benin Republic. .

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2017
deedeedee1:

We should be wary of Ijaws too.

You're right, but awon iyen kere si number in comparison. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by wristbangle: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Bro, Eguns in Yewa are regarded as Nigerians.. Those in iwoye ketu etc Egun is an ethnic group in Nigeria. .

Yes ancestrally they are from Benin Republic just like the Yorubas in Benin Republic are also from Nigeria ancestrally but regarded as an ethnic group in Benin Republic. .

You are right though especially at the bolded. Well they will become part of Odua republic just like the Yorubas who have been nationalised in Benin republic and Togo.

Meanwhile someone mentioned earlier that why not choose Western Republic of Nigeria or something instead of Oduduwa Republic maybe due to the way it sounds. What do you think about this bro?

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2017
wristbangle:

You are right though especially at the bolded. Well they will become part of Odua republic just like the Yorubas who have been nationalised in Benin republic and Togo.

Meanwhile someone mentioned earlier that why not choose Western Republic of Nigeria or something instead of Oduduwa Republic maybe due to the way it sounds. What do you think about this bro?

Oduduwa republic will be perfect if we are to be homogeneous nation.. but the awujale of ijebu land that has come out to distance the ijebu people from oduduwa nko? and ijebus are one of the largest groups in our tribes.

Western Republic of Nigeria will be perfect..

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by wristbangle: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Oduduwa republic will be perfect if we are to be homogeneous nation.. but the awujale of ijebu land that has come out to distance the ijebu people from oduduwa nko? and ijebus are one of the largest groups in our tribes.

Western Republic of Nigeria will be perfect..

Really? Why would he make such stance? Even if the kabiyesi has distance himself from it and people of Ijebu have agreed to Oduduwa republic secession, I don't think the Oba can do anything. Besides it will be the case of only one person fighting against thousands. I see the situation that the Oba may be "technically outnumbered" in his stance to have distance himself

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2017
wristbangle:

Really? Why would he make such stance? Even if the kabiyesi has distance himself from it and people of Ijebu have agreed to Oduduwa republic secession, I don't think the Oba can do anything. Besides it will be the case of only one person fighting against thousands. I see the situation that the Oba may be "technically outnumbered" in his stance to have distance himself

Oh, sorry, I meant to say the awujale has distanced the ijebu people from the general belief that all yorubas have their roots in ile-ife.

He said the ijebus migrated from Waddai in Sudan.. So he might oppose the name "oduduwa Republic"

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by omohayek: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Oh, sorry, I meant to say the awujale has distanced the ijebu people from the general belief that all yorubas have their roots in ile-ife.

He said the ijebus migrated from Waddai in Sudan.. So he might oppose the name "oduduwa Republic"
He can say whatever he wants - such matters should be settled by the will of the people in a referendum, and if "Oduduwa Republic" carries the day, no amount of whining by some traditional leader will make a damn bit of difference to the outcome.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2017
Egbon StOla, we need your contribution here.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by givbitcoin: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2017
You people should keep on converging here like vagrant vultures that you are. That is the only leverage your education offers you, but I'll laugh over it so long your incoherent draft will end up a nonsensical piece. But pray! Pray earnestly that I don't ascend to power, which none of you can overrule anyway, because if I do, you will wish you never deceived people in this country.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2017
wristbangle:

What of oodua republic?
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Actually, I think what he said was that ijebus are not descended from Oduduwa, but that they were already present at Ife before Oduduwa's advent and establishment of his dynasty. He's more anti-Oduduwa than anti-Ife. Though I doubt most ijebus share his overall opinion in this regard.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2017
Please kindly ignore the fulani guy above

4 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by StOla: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:
You people should keep on converging here like vagrant vultures that you are. That is the only leverage your education offers you, but I'll laugh over it so long your incoherent draft will end up a nonsensical piece. But pray! Pray earnestly that I don't ascend to power, which none of you can overrule anyway, because if I do, you will wish you never deceived people in this country.

Who is this inconsequential conquered minority?

9 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by jiangchu: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2017
MrMaestro:

You call yourself yoruba but you don't like the notion of a Yoruba country. You call yourself yoruba, but don't want a country for your tribe and seemingly put more worth in the comfort of minorities than the comfort and future of Yoruba women and children. You say you're Yoruba but everything you're saying is not in the best interest of the Yorubas. Just because you say you're yoruba doesn't make it true. If you're yoruba but have anti- yoruba sentiments, you're really only Yoruba by name and name alone.

By tribe i'm yoruba even if i wish not to. but the better part of me is that i'm a HUMANIST. iwant the best not only for my tribe but for other people. a homogeneous tribal nation will never be egalitarian and are always to conservative. MULTI-CULTURAL SOCIETY THRIVES
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Please kindly ignore the fulani guy above

He's a morafockin attention seeker. Even some of his own kinsmen have expressed willingness to stand alone if need be. Omo irankiran ni.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Actually, I think what he said was that ijebus are not descended from Oduduwa, but that they were already present at Ife before Oduduwa's advent and establishment of his dynasty. He's more anti-Oduduwa than anti-Ife. Though I doubt most ijebus share his opinion.

Yeah, the awujale's stance seems to correlate with that of Oba akinruntan..

But how come we all try to shy away from that discussion that there might have been the possibility of some settlers in Ile ife before the advent of Oduduwa?

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

He's a morafockin attention seeker. Even some of his own kinsmen have expressed willingness to stand alone if need be. Omo irankiran ni.

The dude is a fulani man, I went through some of his posts

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 10:51am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Yeah, the awujale's stance seems to correlate with that of Oba akinruntan..

But how come we all try to shy away from that discussion that there might have been the possibility of some settlers in Ile ife before the advent of Oduduwa?

To be honest with you, I have no problem with some Yorubas choosing not to acknowledge Oduduwa as their progenitor. Ife had been in existence with inhabitants before Oduduwa's advent. I place more premium on Ife as our source than on Oduduwa as our progenitor. Oduduwa's story is laced with so much legend and myth anyway. That's just me though.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by wristbangle: 10:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Okay.. the fact remains that he can't speak for the people and saying Ijebus are from Sudan is heresy to me.

3 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by StOla: 10:53am On Jul 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

It would be wrong to say ancestrally any tribe is from a country where their majority population is from, especially when that country never predated their migration or claims to their present abode.

As such, the Yorubas in Dahomey are indigenous to Dahomey as they own their towns and villages in Dahomey, just as the Gun/Egun are indigenous to Nigeria as they own their towns and villages in Nigeria.

The geographic description that is imposed on an international tribe by a country boundary does not in anyway erode the claims of the minority or less notable section of the divide to the country they have found themselves.

Same goes to Borgu kingdom that is part Nigeria part Dahomey, or Adamawa that is part Nigeria, part Cameroun.

The people retain ancestral claims to their own land of present existence even if they have a bigger kin across the international borders.

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by wristbangle: 10:54am On Jul 03, 2017
deedeedee1:

What of oodua republic?

Hmm still indifferent about it though the ideology remains the same" A full yoruba region"

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by givbitcoin: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2017
StOla:

Who is this inconsequential conquered minority?

Minority? You must be out of your mind. But don't worry, you will be paid in full for your treachery, backstabbing and all the vices you solely brought upon this country.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by StOla: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:

Minority? You must be out of your mind. But don't worry, you will be paid in full for your treachery, backstabbing and all the vices you solely brought upon this country.

Dude, get lost and ponder on your future.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by givbitcoin: 11:03am On Jul 03, 2017
StOla:

I'm not dude, You don't know me. Get some respect and stop quoting me.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by givbitcoin: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2017
StOla:

I'm not dude, You don't know me. Get some respect and stop quoting me.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by forgiveness: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
[/b] Ooduapathfinder: unless your group wants to become jokers in the mould of iPob touts and miscreants who are notorious for stupidly lumping together uninterested and separate ethnicities in their agitation (in this case Edos and Deltans), then you had better remove Edo and Delta states from your document lest they start denouncing, abusing and accusing us via press releases abeg. Yorubas are not known to be land-grabbers or by-force-by-fire attache formers. We don't need that please.

And just like an earlier commenter stated, I am not feeling that 'Oduduwa republic' name at all (it's way too clumsy to pronounce, IMO). But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

. The land description of the Oodua Yoruba Nation corresponds to the present states of Ekiti, Eko, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and[b] all Oodua lands in Kwara, Kogi, Edo and Delta States[/b]

He is right on point based on the @bolded.

He even forgot to mention Niger state where we have Jebba.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Ekealterego: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2017
najoke:

But your dum* selwf is here and did you see anybody shouting Biafra, Kanu or calling igbos here.
When we discuss we dont care about you guys but when you guys open a thread if you dont shout Afonjaaa or insult the yorubas the thread wil not go beyond 1 page.
Whenever you call us we must answer. This thread is a true reflection of what will happen to NL when your likes leave to develop Biafrasay, egberetvnews and Biafraherald. We Afonjaas dont give 2 fuccks about you guys.....this thread says it all.
Meanwhile...moving forward you will be ignored cos you wil not derail this thread
If you are gonna be truthful in this case, you will observe that in any typical Biafran thread, Afhongass are always the first to comment. I can randomly screenshot many of these threads if you doubt me. A typical Biafran doesn't really give a hoot about what happens in Afhonganistan, the evidence is right here this thread. Never mind I was here.....
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2017
StOla:

It would be wrong to say ancestrally any tribe is from a country where their majority population is from, especially when that country never predated their migration or claims to their present abode.

As such, the Yorubas in Dahomey are indigenous to Dahomey as they own their towns and villages in Dahomey, just as the Gun/Egun are indigenous to Nigeria as they own their towns and villages in Nigeria.

The geographic description that is imposed on an international tribe by a country boundary does not in anyway erode the claims of the minority or less notable section of the divide to the country they have found themselves.

Same goes to Borgu kingdom that is part Nigeria part Dahomey, or Adamawa that is part Nigeria, part Cameroun.

The people retain ancestral claims to their own land of present existence even if they have a bigger kin across the international borders.

I agree that i was wrong by inferring that the Eguns are ancestrally from a country that was not in existence then

But I think it's safe to say the Eguns in Nigeria can trace their origin to present day Benin republic.. While the yorubas indigenous to Benin Republic can also trace their origin to present day Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2017
forgiveness:

He is right on point based on the @bolded.

He even forgot to mention Niger state where we have Jebba.

Bro, I can't shout o. You never see as the Edos and Deltas have already come in here to denounce their inclusion? I just don't want anyone calling us name that isn't ours.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Omofunaab2: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2017
wristbangle:

Okay.. the fact remains that he can't speak for the people and saying Ijebus are from Sudan is heresy to me.

To a large extent the awujale can speak for the ijebu people on their origin... Remember he is the custodian of their history... But he can't speak on their behalf on issues relating to their political future

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by forgiveness: 11:24am On Jul 03, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Bro, I can't shout o. You never see as the Edos and Deltas have already come in here to denounce their inclusion? I just don't want anyone calling us name that isn't ours.

I don't think he is referring to the whole Edos and Deltas.

There are some communities in these areas that identifies themselves as Omoluabi. This can't be ignored.

It's not as if they have any form of mineral resources to contribute to the economy but they must be considered first then if they refuse, no wahala. But so far, I don't think they have refused.

I think those who are denouncing are ignorant about this Yorubas being indigenous to these states.

Besides, I know Itshekiris are also part of Afenifere group. They might likely join else they know now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (30) (Reply)

APC Leaders In Happy Mood As They Shake Hands At Campaign Meeting (Photos) / Niger-Delta Avengers Destroy Agip And Shell Pipelines / Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu Wins Polling Unit

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.