Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution (38933 Views)

BREAKING: OPC Announces New Leader, Oshibote Oodua / YOLICOM To Declare Oodua Republic, Rejects Restructuring / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by HopeAtHand: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
You and whoever came up with this Constitution are idiots.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by ooduapathfinder: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Addendum:

Edo as in Akoko Edo; Delta as in Itsekiri

Editor

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Jetleeee: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
That one or two people from Edo and Delta joined in drafting the document doesn't mean majority of them care about Yorubas or would love to be part of a Yoruba country . Please lets quit the ipob-esque delusion. Have you ever seen Itsekiri or Akoko-Edo repping in any Yoruba event?

The only Yorubas outside the SW are Kwarans and Okun people. The rest are...whatever

No need to consult them for anything. Yoruba is Yoruba. Itsekiri is Itsekiri.

21 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by ShangoThor(m): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Obaluf0n:

You may neef to first understand that prior to Oduduwa the King or Abrahamic religion; the Yoruba had a creation story which revolved around a god Oduduwa that was seen as a bottom of the calabash while Obatala was the top of it, this deity was seen as a female, wife of Obatala, by western Yoruba while fpr the Eastern it is male, the husband but a common ground is that they were both on an errand of creation and became rivals. This precedes Oduduwa the human by far. Alfred & Shaka were humans, Oodua for Yorubs can be the creator deity or warrior king. It is fluid.

For me, this is where you nailed it, and considering this whole idea is a concept which ultimately has to be sold in order to gain traction and wide acceptance is is very necessary to try as much as possible to separate fact from fiction or myth.

There is nothing fictional about creating a Nation-State, this is not a joke whereby some roll out of bed and dream of creating an autonomous independent Nation-State, the main consideration here in buy-in and opt-in by most of the participants. Also as a concept, many other considerations have to be explored such as viability and the marketing for obvious reasons, and I could go on and on.

I would just like to say that this is what I do for a living and I get paid extremely handsomely to actualize concepts.
What you are effectively doing is creating a bone of contention before the idea actually germinates.

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by ShangoThor(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
Oopps, mistake
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
Jetleeee:
That one or two people from Edo and Delta joined in drafting the document doesn't mean majority of them care about Yorubas or would love to be part of a Yoruba country . Please lets quit the ipob-esque delusion. Have you ever seen Itsekiri or Akoko-Edo repping in any Yoruba event?

The only Yorubas outside the SW are Kwarans and Okun people. The rest are...whatever

Exactly. Only a minority of those groups still openly identify themselves as Yoruba today. The vast majority have long carved a separate identity for themselves and would rather be identified along those lines.

My view is that we start from our current 6 SW states while consulting with those in parts of Kogi and Kwara. If the Kogi and Kwara ones refuse to commit to the project, that's fine and no hard feelings. After all there are Yorubas in Benin and Togo, and they're cool where they're at while still enjoying good relations with the rest of the wider Yoruba family based on our shared historical and cultural ties.

We mustn't allow any petty excuse to rob us of an opportunity to have a Yoruba country. IMO, Yorubas that are currently not a part of the SW fold but are willing to join their brethren must be vocal and at the forefront of making such ambitions and aspirations known. I am sure the SW states will surely support them if they do. But they must be the ones to make the first moves.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Jetleeee: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Exactly. Only a minority of those groups still openly identify themselves as Yoruba today. The vast majority have long carved a separate identity for themselves and would rather be identified along those lines.

My view is that we start from our current 6 SW states while consulting with those in parts of Kogi and Kwara. If the Kogi and Kwara ones refuse to commit to the project, that's fine and no hard feelings. After all there are Yorubas in Benin and Togo, and they're cool where they're at while still enjoying good relations with the rest of the wider Yoruba family based on our shared historical and cultural ties.

We mustn't allow any petty excuse to rob us of an opportunity to have a Yoruba country. IMO, Yorubas that are currently of the SW fold but are willing to join must be vocal and at the forefront of making such ambitions and aspirations known. I am sure the SW states will surely support them if they do. But they must be the ones to make the first moves.

I swear! No hard feelings rara.

17 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Malawian(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Please your Oodua constitution should only have the six south western States for now..
Remove lagos from that map. Lagos is no mans land.

6 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Malawian(m): 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Hear this Omo ale. Even as una dey fight for Biafra you still dey eye Lagos?? Are you people cursed? Better go and face your Biafra struggle.
brace yourself, Oba Lil' Wayne is coming.
Oshogbo here you come.

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by MrMaestro: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

We mustn't allow any petty excuse to rob us of an opportunity to have a Yoruba country. IMO, Yorubas that are currently not a part of the SW fold but are willing to join their brethren must be vocal and at the forefront of making such ambitions and aspirations known. I am sure the SW states will surely support them if they do. But they must be the ones to make the first moves.
I agree 1000% with this.

10 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
ShangoThor:

For me, this is where you nailed it, and considering this whole idea is a concept which ultimately has to be sold in order to gain traction and wide acceptance is is very necessary to try as much as possible to separate fact from fiction or myth.

There is nothing fictional about creating a Nation-State, this is not a joke whereby some roll out of bed and dream of creating an autonomous independent Nation-State, the main consideration here in buy-in and opt-in by most of the participants. Also as a concept, many other considerations have to be explored such as viability and the marketing for obvious reasons, and I could go on and on.

I would just like to say that this is what I do for a living and I get paid extremely handsomely to actualize concepts.
What you are effectively doing is creating a bone of contention before the idea actually germinates.

Sir, I like your job already. Especially the 'I get paid extremely handsomely' part grin. Abeg, na vacancy dey make I free this career path I dey on.

I agree with your first paragraph. Especially where it says to separate myth from fact. Yoruba folks are too caught up in Islam and Christianity to read/research their own culture history, tradition of origin and spiritual system. If the 'educated' Yoruba group were knowledgable of these things, it woud have been easier to sell the 'Oodua' idea but then since it is ypur job, this is where people like you come in.

3 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Olu317(m): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
ShangoThor:
My little contribution this afternoon.
I predict this topic in terms of implementation ought to be considered D.O.A.

Basic premise:
Not all sub-collectives relate to being descendants of Ooduduwa, however the common thread running through our collective existence is an affiliation with 'Ile-Ife' as the source.

Thus any idea of a republic ought to be called 'Ile-Ife' or Simply 'Ife' and not 'Ooduduwa' republic.

Now considering this is an idea that needs to be sold to all sub-communities underneath the context of a global or transcending umbrella identity, and it is not going to be IMPOSED, I suggest you do a little bit of consultation unless you are not taking the whole enterprise seriously and you intend to waste people's time.

Cheers
I doubt your postulation to be true if you consider the fact that everyone that moved away from ILE IFE at one time or the other are linked to Odu'a. I mentioned this because they all intermarried among themselves at one point in time or the other. However, because of a genuine concern of yours which I draw wisdom from. However, it is going to be challenging though but it shall be resolved. Though world wide, we are referred to as YORUBA people . Perhaps you can suggest an alternative name that is more appealing or a newly coined one apart from ILE IFE. After all, no knowledge is lost.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
Olu317:
I doubt your postulation to be true if you consider the fact that everyone that moved away from ILE IFE at one time or the other are linked to Odu'a. I mentioned this because they all intermarried among themselves at one point in time or the other. However, because of a genuine concern of yours which I draw wisdom from. However, it is going to be challenging though but it shall be resolved. Though world wide, we are referred to as YORUBA people . Perhaps you can suggest an alternative name that is more appealing or a newly coined one apart from ILE IFE. After all, no knowledge is lost.

Buooda mi Olu omo Olusi. This is your aburo from Ife o Se e wapa?

1 Like

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by SuperS1Panther: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
ooduapathfinder:
Thank you all for your contributions. Of couse, this will have to be sold and NOT enforced. And this particular debate is very encouraging. As to Edo/Delta, some of them participated in the making of this Draft and actually insisted on being included. Having said that, it is a question they will have to address and answer, even as we are cognizant of their geo-political location. Any interested organization or individual can make their formal submissions to "editor@ooduapathfinder.com". These will form part of the preparations towards further steps.
So, sirs/mas, in the meantime, let the debate continue.
Editor.

Please edit your initial post sharp sharp.

Remove Edo and Delta please.

7 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by TheKingdom: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
What the world and Africa is waiting for is for Yoruba men to be men and declare yourself free from British Ni.gger Area control and mindset.

Period

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by yomexp(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

but the okun people of kogi (senator Dino milaye and smart Adeyemi constituency) have long stated in clear terms that they want to join their kith and kin from South West in the last national conference

2 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
HopeAtHand:
You and whoever came up with this Constitution are idiots.
Tell us why
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
ooduapathfinder:
Addendum:

Edo as in Akoko Edo; Delta as in Itsekiri

Editor
Pls dont include itshekiri with us. They should join niger-delta republic. Itshekiri people are more closer to urhobo and benin people. Pls delete them

5 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by ZorGBUooeh: 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
nototribalist:
See these slaves thinking they're free from their Masters yet. Oduwawa or whatever you call yourself. Have Tinubu approved your leaving Nigeria?
Hahaha! Nna help me ask am o..Its like they laced the weed he smoked this night with sumtin..They have been slaves to dia fulani lords since the days of dia fada afonja the betrayal. cheesy
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Jetleeee:

Thank you jare. I don't know why somebody will include itshekiri with us. It is like they don't know they are ridiculing us by including the minorities. Even if the itshekiri want to join, we will reject them.
I don't want to hear any cry of marginalization when we have our new country. Why then do we plan to leave Nigeria when we will still face the same problems that we faced under her? Let them stay on their own. We don't want them. We don't share same culture. They are closer to Benin and urhobo people.

11 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Excellent contribution! The Yorubas in Benin and Togo speak Yoruba language and even look up to us here in Nigeria. I dont know why the ones in Nigeria don't really focus on them. I guess their obsession with "one nigeria" is the cause. There are "Nigerian yorubas" that dont even know that yoruba language is spoken by many in Benin and Togo
This is the map of Yorubaland in Benin republic and Togo.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
Malawian:

Remove lagos from that map. Lagos is no mans land.
Baba face your biafra. Stop being two-faced

8 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
yomexp:
but the okun people of kogi (senator Dino milaye and smart Adeyemi constituency) have long stated in clear terms that they want to join their kith and kin from South West in the last national conference
No be only talk. Let them act.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by deedeedee1: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:

Hahaha! Nna help me ask am o..Its like they laced the weed he smoked this night with sumtin..They have been slaves to dia fulani lords since the days of dia fada afonja the betrayal. cheesy
If yoruba put mouth in biafra threads now, you will start crying. You are begging hausa-fulanis to leave you and you are calling other people slaves. lolz!!!
Be deceiving yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by ZorGBUooeh: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
deedeedee1:

If yoruba put mouth in biafra threads now, you will start crying. You are begging hausa-fulanis to leave you and you are calling other people slaves. lolz!!!
Be deceiving yourself.
Hahahaha! Im pain am..Nigga Ibos don't bow to Babylon like you guys.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Malawian(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
deedeedee1:
Baba face your biafra. Stop being two-faced
you invading thrives are trying to steal otodobgbame lands.
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by AshiwajuFoward: 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
yomexp:

That's awesome, and I see and recognize them as our kith and kin. But then again, on this same very forum I have come across someone from there that denied being Yoruba and preferred instead to trace his roots to other Northern tribes rather than ife -- though his likes seem to be in the minority, besides, overwhelming evidence point to Ife as their authentic origin.

Now, personally I believe in 'live and let live' and feel such a person is free to be whomever he chooses. However, when the time comes to reach a consensus amongst ourselves over Yoruba frontiers/borders when Nigeria eventually disintegrates, such people may become stumbling blocks in our path, thereby preventing us from speaking with one voice during negotiations.

IMO, they need to continue to reinforce their desires to be reunited with their SW brothers. I believe the SW is more than ready and willing to reintegrate them back into the fold. Why else do you think Tinubu was willing to stick his neck out to support Faleke during the last Kogi election? (A decision that pit him against some powerful APC stalwarts in the North) It was simply because he was trying to use his clout to address the political marginalization of the Okuns in the state.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

And who was the blind fool that demarcated the Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara to the North. What boundary exists other than the artificial boundary that exist between the SW and the Yorubas in NC. Why do many Yorubas of today act like those in Kwara and Kogi are some type of foreign race. Was that the way it has always been? The Oya overlooking Jebba marks the Northernmost frontier of Yoruba people at least in Nigeria hence the land North of that mark is known as Oke Oya where foreign traders came from.

Somehow one is going to include Ila Orangun, and the Igbominas in Omu Aran are not going to want to join. If Ekiti state is included, won't the Ekitis in Kwara join likewise the Ibolos. Are the Okun in Northern parts of Ekiti somehow more Yoruba than those in Kogi?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by 9jakool: 3:03am On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Excellent contribution! The Yorubas in Benin and Togo speak Yoruba language and even look up to us here in Nigeria. I dont know why the ones in Nigeria don't really focus on them. I guess their obsession with "one nigeria" is the cause. There are "Nigerian yorubas" that dont even know that yoruba language is spoken by many in Benin and Togo
This is the map of Yorubaland in Benin republic and Togo.
It's mainly the Yorubas along the border or well informed people that are very aware of those in countries like Benin. The Yorubas in Nigeria and those in Benin are much closer in reality. This can be especially seen in Ogun West. The Yorubas in Imeko Afon Lga are the same Yorubas found in Ketu in Benin republic. They were under the Kingdom of Ketu and they speak the same dialect. The Anagos in Ipokia LGA are the same Anagos in Porto Novo, Benin.

12 Likes

Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by HughJazz(m): 3:37am On Jul 01, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Please edit your initial post sharp sharp.

Remove Edo and Delta please.
hey Igbo. Why don't you fuckoff
Re: Draft Of The Oodua Region Yoruba Constitution by Olu317(m): 6:40am On Jul 01, 2017
Obaluf0n:

Buooda mi Olu omo Olusi. This is your aburo from Ife o, from ile obatala grin. Se e wapa?
My dear brother,how are you doing,your family and well wishers ? It has been a long time. I know, by the power of our Eledua, all is well. Kaare O Omo Obatala.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Between Peter Obi And A Nigerian Who Asked Him To Contest Presidency In 2023 / Doyin Okupe Mocks Buhari For Attending Thanksgiving Service In Lagos / Chinedum Orji: Orji Kalu, My Dad, Gov Ikpeazu And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.