Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? (1560 Views)

Boyfriend Shaves Her Eyebrows Over Compliments From Guys At The Club / Why Are Most Independent Office Women So Arrogant And Disrespectful? / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by deluxecad(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2010
She sees how stunning you look and how trim and clean your haircut is, but she can't say a simple "You look good". She can't drop a nice comment on a cute pic of a guy. Nothing! What in the world is wrong with the womenfolk? Everybody loves to be appreciated, of course. Are they just so mean or they are plain petty?
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by sesman(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2010
Women do give compliements, the ones i know certainly do, might just be the ones you hang out with,
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by sistajay(f): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2010
Hey handsome, . . you lookin sexy today, wow I like your smile! wink
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by dbigrod(m): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2010
deluxecad:

She sees how stunning you look and how trim and clean your haircut is, but she can't say a simple "You look good". She can't drop a nice comment on a cute pic of a guy. Nothing! What in the world is wrong with the womenfolk? Everybody loves to be appreciated, of course. Are they just so mean or they are plain petty?

u want someone to tell u dat u are fine even though u are not.
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
Maybe, Maybe I said Maybe you just dont look as good as you think you do. Mama alwasy said if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all maybe she is just obeying her mama grin. You on the other hand may be suffering from reverse body dysmorphia  grin
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by gabriel4u(m): 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Maybe, Maybe I said Maybe you just dont look as good as you think you do. Mama alwasy said if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all maybe she is just obeying her mama grin. You on the other hand may be suffering from reverse body dysmorphia grin

No mind am jare.
@ poster

Why some guys like falling their hands?If truly you look good and you are a fine boy keep it to your self. most you force your gf to tell you that 'you are fine boy'?

I know truly, if you are handsome then you will upload your picture, not using the baby you stole from Jet Li [/b]as your profile pictures. [b]Mumu we de fall we guys hand!! shocked grin shocked shocked grin
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by deluxecad(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
sista-jay:

grin
cheesy

Thanks darling. cool
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2010
It wouldnt be wise for u to generalise cos i do know ladies(non nigerians) that give compliments big time. Lets just say (nigerian ladies) find it hard to compliment guys.
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
sista-jay:

case close grin
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by Moyola(f): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
Yun know some people believe in "If yu dont have something nice to say abt someone juz keep shut"! Or would it please yu if she says "Euugh! what r yu wearing?" Nywayz. . . tongue
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2010
Of course women give compliments to peeps who actually deserve it. . .

If you ain't looking good, why should she compliment you?

Wouldn't it be better if she said nothing at all than lie to you? undecided
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by deluxecad(m): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2010
@gabriel4u: Don't call me crazy names, don't diss me. Make ur point and butt out. I reserve d right not to put my personal pics on a public forum as this. I really am very cute u know. I've taken my time b4 I posted to really ponder why some Nigerian babes I knew weren't giving a single compliment, they said the guy would have his head swollen, that is, he'll hold himself too highly which the ladies detest. Now, many ladies hav confided in me dat dat's their reason(tho quite a few free and cool ones do compliment) for not doing so. So what's ur wahala?
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by kandiikane(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
Rooneyboy:

It wouldnt be wise for u to generalise cos i do know ladies(non nigerians) that give compliments big time. Lets just say (nigerian ladies) find it hard to compliment guys.
Because the women look like men if they compliment they know they will never get one lipsrsealed

[size=3pt]Im joking[/size] grin
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by MzOutside(f): 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
a confident person won't need compliments smiley
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by kandiikane(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^But its good to appreciate.
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by MzOutside(f): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
^ i guess theres nothing wrong with a few flying someones' way now and then grin
Re: Why Are Women So Stingy With Compliments? by madoba: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
Deluxe, I am Ebenezer Scrooge when it comes to paying men compliments. From personal experience it does get into their heads and if you dare compliment them more than twice they think you've got a thing for them or want to get laid by them.

(1) (Reply)

For FL GATORS, For You Dear / Falling In Love (with Your Heart Or Your Head) Which Is Better / 5 Signs It's Time To End A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.