Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank (10579 Views)

Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom / Afreximbank Invests $17bn In Nigeria / Government Gets $1b Debt Offer From Afreximbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by penta(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2017
Dangote has positioned himself for investors and fund raising all round the clock, 365 a year. If you understand what am saying and its importance, you are a real entreprenur and visionary. shocked shocked shocked www.petechs.com www.smscomms.com #greatspot
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Kay17:

What sort of entrepreneur do you have in mind?

That sort of entrepreneurship that entails starting with a ridiculous small amount, and ending big later in life. There are many paths to being financially free. Most of the things we overlook are usually money making machine. Take for instance, snails. This will be a huge turn off to some people, my best friend is into this and makes millions every quarter of the year. I'm a real estate tycoon.. I also do importation business. Right now, I've retired. Chopping the money wey I don get...
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by pokipoki: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
What about the $2 billion loan he borrowed from China?

By the way, do you know that if you have $10 in your wallet and no debts, you're richer than 25% of Americans? They live their lives on credits, there houses on mortgage, there health care by insurance companies, cars on credits, even their iPhones is on credit. Thank God I'm in Nigeria, I sleep well at night knowing that I'm not owing anybody.
There's nothing more traumatic than debt
Why are you interested in what he did with the $2billion he borrowed from the Chinese? If you must know, the money he borrows to expand his business, creates thousands of employment for Nigerians.
Also, if not for people that live on credit in western societies, do you think majority of Nigerians will be able to afford news cars? We needs to thank them for making tokunboh card available.
What you must understand is that borrowing money for personal lifestyle is different from borrowing money for business. The later is rewarded with profits!!
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by pandoras08(m): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
then why not go and borrow money from Nigerian bank and see what having debt on your head feels like tongue
ppl still borrow from nigerian banks and still make something out of it. not all debt are headaches.
Happy Sunday
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by toprealman: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
then why not go and borrow money from Nigerian bank and see what having debt on your head feels like tongue
my dear that's the point. If you go to most Nigerian banks, it is very very likely that you will be denied the credit facility. Why? Cuz of your name. Basically nobody knows you, they recognize a Dantata, Adenuga, Alimi.....and even an Evans! Street smart Dangote don tire for them sef...he now plays with the men.
America was built on ideas. If you have a standout idea, chances are that by the end of the year someone from there will come grab you....and the grants released to you. If Na credit you want, you go get am.
Reformat your thinking Oga, I be your elder brother... trust me we need to see things from the other side. This Na 2017 ooo
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2017
toprealman:
my dear that's the point. If you go to most Nigerian banks, it is very very likely that you will be denied the credit facility. Why? Cuz of your name. Basically nobody knows you, they recognize a Dantata, Adenuga, Alimi.....and even an Evans! Street smart Dangote don tire for them sef...he now plays with the men.
America was built on ideas. If you have a standout idea, chances are that by the end of the year someone from there will come grab you....and the grants released to you. If Na credit you want, you go get am.
Reformat your thinking Oga, I be your elder brother... trust me we need to see things from the other side. This Na 2017 ooo
lolz. Not to mention the fact that their outrageous interest rates are not fixed. They can call you tomorrow and tell you the rates has been increased
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by toprealman: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
lolz. Not to mention the fact that their outrageous interest rates are not fixed. They can call you tomorrow and tell you the rates has been increased
That's why you need to understand the terms and conditions before you sign. Some financial institutions are just "Yahoo Yahoo"... lol.
Others make so much brain. Today Na Sunday, where the Sunday medemende de happen?
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2017
pokipoki:

Why are you interested in what he did with the $2billion he borrowed from the Chinese? If you must know, the money he borrows to expand his business, creates thousands of employment for Nigerians.
Also, if not for people that live on credit in western societies, do you think majority of Nigerians will be able to afford news cars? We needs to thank them for making tokunboh card available.
What you must understand is that borrowing money for personal lifestyle is different from borrowing money for business. The later is rewarded with profits!!

borrowing for business is the worst. Look at where it landed Etisalat today
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 02, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:
do u think that when u insulted me I will insult u too.

think maturely guy

Ken, let me lecture you. Insult does not always mean an insult, most times insult can be a way of advising you, educating you, or trying to let someone know he is in the wrong. Not all insult is bad insult
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

Ken, let me lecture you. Insult does not always mean an insult, most times insult can be a way of advising you, educating you, or trying to let someone know he is in the wrong. Not all insult is bad insult
don, do u know if I'm older than u with that "idiot u called me" on my mention?

just be careful and honest...boy!
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:
don, do u know if I'm older than u with that "idiot u called me" on my mention?

just be careful and honest...boy!

So how do you know you older than me? Anywhere you go, oyoung people can also advice older ones. Age is just a number bro, mental capacity and intellectual ability of everyone is different. But really are you not an idiot? Just a question tho, it's a yes/no answer nw
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Flye: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2017
HenryDion:
grin The good thing about being an entrepreneur is this, the higher you go, the easier it becomes.

Do you know what scares lots of people? The beginning.
I've got to tell you the truth, the earlier stages of entrepreneurship is hell. You won't sleep.. your finances will be drained.[b][/b]. Everything will be affected. But as you keep pushing forward, it keeps getting easier.

it gets to a stage where you've to sleep for a whole year and still, the cash keeps rolling in. You don't get confined by bosses.. you're the boss and you more the rules.

Entrepreneurs retire early in life. The remaining years of their life is built on impact. You see them writing books, creating blogs, organising seminars.. just to keep life going. Just to have a purpose every morning.

As they play and sleep, their multiple streams of income keeps getting bigger as slaves toil on them daily.. slaves we usually call employees. grin www.entmirror.com

The bolden is the truth.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

So how do you know you older than me? Anywhere you go, oyoung people can also advice older ones. Age is just a number bro, mental capacity and intellectual ability of everyone is different. But really are you not an idiot? Just a question tho, it's a yes/no answer nw
dress up and go to church.

don't quote me again. angry
DonFreshmoney:

don't quote me again.

I no get ur time
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:

don't quote me again. angrydress up and go to church.

don't quote me again.

I no get ur time

So are you in church? Did I tell you I was a Christian? You've been having my time all this while, what changed? Did I hit a weak nerve? You that is in church, you chatting on NL. What's the difference between you and those at home?
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

So are you in church? Did I tell you I was a Christian? You've been having my time all this while, what changed? Did I hit a weak nerve? You that is in church, you chatting on NL. What's the difference between you and those at home?
see!
just stop it or I bash u
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:
see!
just stop it or I bash u

You be Bash Ali.. if u like change your moniker from Ken to Bashiru.. you OYO.. smh
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by HeGeMon(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Yes oo, especially ipob drug money bags that think their drug money should be enough to scratch the surface, they think its buy showing off money to hungry folks in their villages & getting hailed & praised, that they have assumed heavenly heights.
NOETHNICITY:
yet, many ignoramus will be hating him, and be postulating lame thoeries that IBB, OBJ annd other corrupt politicians re using him to conceal stolen wealth.
Nigerians can be irredeemably dull sha
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 10:54am On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

You be Bash Ali.. if u like change your moniker from Ken to Bashiru.. you OYO.. smh
you really get time.

this is symptoms of laziness.

hope u know that there is no food for lazy man
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by oshiokpu(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

By the way, do you know that if you have $10 in your wallet and no debts, you're richer than 25% of Americans? They live their lives on credits, there houses on mortgage, there health care by insurance companies, cars on credits, even their iPhones is on credit. Thank God I'm in Nigeria, I sleep well at night knowing that I'm not owing anybody.

This is the most clueless and ignorant post I have ever seen in my entire life. You need to know that there is a difference between good debt and bad debt. The former triggers the power of leverage to create value. while the later is a loaded time bomb that Will ultimately consume the owner.
also, if your leverage ratio i.e. total debts/ total assets is less than unity, you're in a perfectly healthy situation.
Next time do not comment on issues that you know next to nothing about.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by pokipoki: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
borrowing for business is the worst. Look at where it landed Etisalat today
Hahahaha. That's is no point arguing with you. When the time comes you will understand
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by pokipoki: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2017
oshiokpu:

This is the most clueless and ignorant post I have ever seen in my entire life. You need to know that there is a difference between good debt and bad debt. The former triggers the power of leverage to create value. while the later is a loaded time bomb that Will ultimately consume the owner.
also, if your leverage ratio i.e. total debts/ total assets is less than unity, you're in a perfectly healthy situation.
Next time do not comment on issues that you know next to nothing about.
Hahahaha. The dude does not understand how business operates. Hopefully, the more he browses the net, the more the dude will understand.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 02, 2017
allrightsir:

That's the mentality of a poor man. a man with a mortagege will one day finish paying off his mortgage and then he owns his house. The man with $10 in his pocket will forever have $10 in his pocket and forever pay rent till he dies.

A man with a mortgage is building equity in a property, even when he hasn't finished paying off the loan, he can dip into the equity to finance a business, the man with no debts and $10 in his pocket will never be a able to find the money to finance a business idea and so will remain poor.

Like I said...the mentality of a poor man is I have no debt. Debt is not a problem, it's what kind of debt you have. if you are borrowing to fund your lifestyle, you are a poor man, if you are borrowing to invest then that is good debt.
You're wrong on this one. I live in the U. S. And the people u talk abt owning houses are not the average Joe's but mostly successful people. In essence, credit card companies make interest on you while leaving u in a perpetual cycle of debt. In Nigeria, people don't use credit yet they live just fine. If you have a good saving culture, you cn still own that house without any credit. But in u.s the banks killed the saving culture as a means of making money. People don't want to wait to get things anymore. They want it right now whether they can afford it or not. Or how would u explain someone earning say 2500 dollars monthly finding it difficult to buy a 400 dollar phone without having to spread the payment over 2 years? Same for a car. If u wanted a car at that hypothetical pay, you can save 500 dollars every month for 12 months and still get the car without paying any credit card interests. What Pple need to understand is that a credit card is not free money. It is a loan. And loans have interest. However, it depends on what kind of debts u have. Having debt on mortgage is good. Because it's a property. But wen ur debts is on the newest iPhone, new led TV or newest gadgets like many Americans do, your 2500 dollars gets thing and you're basically living above means.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

wise one...if u die rich or poor u are not carrying it anywhere... wonder where dangote will put his wealth when he dies...cuz the govt will own it...if u think u are wise u can never b wiser than government
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
pokipoki:

Hahahaha. That's is no point arguing with you. When the time comes you will understand
No need to argue because u know I'm saying the truth. Etisalat crashed and was taken over by banks because of $1.2 billion loan. The interest alone kept multiplying and they couldn't cope any longer.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
`
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:
you really get time.

this is symptoms of laziness.

hope u know that there is no food for lazy man

Shuuooo.. I tell you say I dey hungry. Abi I meet u for food, abeg shift make I see front.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

The $2 billion is to support other projects. The man is God-sent to Africa. Consider various cement factories is so
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

The $2 billion is to support other projects. The man is God-sent to Africa. Consider various cement factories in some countries in Africa.
Consider the petrochemical projects below,

2.The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.
3.The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone
4.It is the largest industrial complex in Africa
Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
5.World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries
6.It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD
7.Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³
8.During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians
9.Dangote is investing over $7 billion (N1.4 trillion) in the project
10.It is the largest single train refinery project on the planet
11.When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports
12.The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea
13. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW
14.All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies
15.The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s efforts will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis
16.Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks
17.Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities
18.This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products
19.Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene
20.The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million
Very massive project to stand in the Ibeju-Lekki axis come 2019.
The projects also have sub sea pipeline network one of the longest in Africa.

There are many projects. Nna, let us appreciate this man.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by 1forall: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

Try excruciating pain first.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

Shuuooo.. I tell you say I dey hungry. Abi I meet u for food, abeg shift make I see front.
na now u wakeup from sleep.

I beg go find something chop

I dey think why Nigerian no fit impeach Buhari make things start to work well

your Case too small
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
1forall:

Try excruciating pain first.

Nna,
When you grow to that level you will understand. All over the world, conglomerate take loans to build industries & empower millions of people. No pain, at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaba International, Largest Electronics Market In West Africa Goes Online / Do You Need Funding For Your LPO? Lets's Talk! / Diamond Bank Plc Has Launched Visa Signature Debit Card, Which Is Designed Speci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.