Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank (10581 Views)

Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom / Afreximbank Invests $17bn In Nigeria / Government Gets $1b Debt Offer From Afreximbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
babaolofin:

The $2 billion is to support other projects. The man is God-sent to Africa. Consider various cement factories in some countries in Africa.
Consider the petrochemical projects below,

2.The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.
3.The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone
4.It is the largest industrial complex in Africa
Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
5.World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries
6.It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD
7.Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³
8.During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians
9.Dangote is investing over $7 billion (N1.4 trillion) in the project
10.It is the largest single train refinery project on the planet
11.When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports
12.The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea
13. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW
14.All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies
15.The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s efforts will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis
16.Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks
17.Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities
18.This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products
19.Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene
20.The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million
Very massive project to stand in the Ibeju-Lekki axis come 2019.
The projects also have sub sea pipeline network one of the longest in Africa.

There are many projects. Nna, let us appreciate this man.
the world is going electric. Electric cars and trucks are gaining popularity every day and he's building refinery. He should start investment in clean energy
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kennitrust:
na now u wakeup from sleep.

I beg go find something chop

I dey think why Nigerian no fit impeach Buhari make things start to work well

your Case too small

Bro I think you need the food the most. It seems Buhari regime dey make you starve for days. abi jobs no dey for you. Ehyaa, sorry.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Bondesniger(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
HenryDion:
grin The good thing about being an entrepreneur is this, the higher you go, the easier it becomes.

Do you know what scares lots of people? The beginning. I've got to tell you the truth, the earlier stages of entrepreneurship is hell. You won't sleep.. your finances will be drained.. Everything will be affected. But as you keep pushing forward, it keeps getting easier.

it gets to a stage where you've to sleep for a whole year and still, the cash keeps rolling in. You don't get confined by bosses.. you're the boss and you more the rules.

Entrepreneurs retire early in life. The remaining years of their life is built on impact. You see them writing books, creating blogs, organising seminars.. just to keep life going. Just to have a purpose every morning.

As they play and sleep, their multiple streams of income keeps getting bigger as slaves toil on them daily.. slaves we usually call employees. grin www.entmirror.com
YOU JUST INSULTED OVER 1 MILLION NIGERIANS BY SAYING slaves we usually call employees.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Kennitrust(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
DonFreshmoney:

Bro I think you need the food the most. It seems Buhari regime dey make you starve for days. abi jobs no dey for you. Ehyaa, sorry.
open a new thread that has been post with a caption "why I left Christ embassy" and read.

do something that will relax ur mind. ohk!
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bondesniger:
YOU JUST INSULTED OVER 1 MILLION NIGERIANS BY SAYING slaves we usually call employees.

I just said the hard truth. Every morning, they wake up, hurriedly head for work.. Come back late,. then start all over again the next day. Living in fear of getting sacked.. Living in fear of not being able to pay the bills. Every month end, they cash out their paycheck which as usual, gets swallowed up in settlements of debt. The monotonous circle kicks off again. The rat race...

They stomach rubbish just to retain the job.. They keep altering their age to continue in slavery.. when old age has evidently caught up with them, they spend the rest of their lives in oblivion as they get replaced by another batch of vibrant slaves.

Yes! they are bunch of slaves.. While the employers are masters. Sometimes I call them gods.. If there are people who believes strongly that they are in control of their life, they are entrepreneurs.. Employees gets whatever life throws at them.. it's slavery, but entrepreneurs shape their own lives. They detect what happens and what doesn't. If there's a mistake, they believe to be its cause.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:
the world is going electric. Electric cars and trucks are gaining popularity every day and he's building refinery. He should start investment in clean energy
I can see the level of intellect of most young people that post on nairaland. com from their postings that is why most learned people don't even bother to read. How many electric cars are in Nigeria or Africa? What about industries that require AGO? What about industries all over the world that require polyethylene for plastic & Fibre, what are about fertilisers industries etc. The industries being serviced by a petrochemical chain industry will take me hours to enumerate here. You may need somebody in the Onitsha main market or Ariara to explain better.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
babaolofin:

I can see the level of intellect of most young people that post on nairaland. com from their postings that is why most learned people don't even bother to read. How many electric cars are in Nigeria or Africa? What about industries that require AGO? What about industries all over the world that require polyethylene for plastic & Fibre, what are about fertilisers industries etc. The industries being serviced by a petrochemical chain industry will take me hours to enumerate here. You may need somebody in the Onitsha main market or Ariara to explain better.
lolz it's u that needs someone to explain to you. Industries that depends on diesel are the ones in Nigeria where there is epileptic power. Unless you want to tell me the refinery is just to produce for Nigerians alone.
Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by 1forall: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
babaolofin:

Nna,
When you grow to that level you will understand. All over the world, conglomerate take loans to build industries & empower millions of people. No pain, at all.

Dude if you understood the comment you quoted you really wouldn't have bothered typing the above.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Need Funding For Your LPO? Lets's Talk! / Diamond Bank Plc Has Launched Visa Signature Debit Card, Which Is Designed Speci / CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.