Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. (43812 Views)

Avoid The Risks Involved Dating A Lady @ Her Teen Or Early 20's / I Am Barely Through My Early 20's, Nd She Is Pregnant For Me. Help! / Dating A Guy Who Barely Calls Or Texts And Sometimes Ignore #Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by kilokeys(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
josju:
Good day all, I really want your sincere views or experience on the issue of dating a lady in her early 20's. I met a girl aged 20 has finished OND and just going for internship two months back and she seems to be the right person for me, her maturity, concerns and love shown have been commendable. Am 28 and would love to have her as a wife but my fear is if she wouldn't change from this good,homely responsible girl as she grows older.
I on my part will never cheat on her as I strongly uphold the one boy one girl relationship.
Question now is has anyone experienced or seen people that dated a girl of that age and age difference that work out well?
To mature older ladies how many of you are still with the lover you met at your early 20's?
From age 20 can a lady really be sure of what she wants in a lover and stick with a loving, faithful and caring partner without the urge to explore at some point in time?
Your mature and sincere response would be appreciated.

Bro.. I am 29. Dating 21.. Older isn't necessarily better.
The older chic I dated wanted us secret. Meanwhile I speak freely with the family of the 21 year old.

The question here is.. Why is she dating you and not someone in her age bracket.?

Keep being that thing she wants.. And she'll stay.

Mine has a million reasons.. And that's good enough for me.

8 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by clemz85(m): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Catch them young still remains numero uno!

Till a girls heart is broken she remain virtuous by default

6 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Ikgodslove(m): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
well to me, you dont have to be afraid. i met my wife at 17, we wedded when she was 19 and we just did 6years wedding anniversary. i tell you, i am enjoying my marriage. we have stopped child bearing with two boys. so my dear, we are now playing boyfriend and girlfriendsm. so, be plain to her and tell her what you want, try to be a man because the success and failure of ur relationship greatly lies in ur hand.

13 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by dipznano: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
ItalianWine:

Please viewers the scene you are about to witness could turn your romance jaws drooling and packed with preposterous intrigue combined with red hot sensual mix of candy falling through the bosom crest in a real, no magic moment.

Viewers discretion required.

Please confirm if you are 18+ to proceed
grin

*Grabs popcorn*

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Freestainworld(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
guy you dey crazeoo, you said she's good and homely as a housewife for you, wetin again u dey wait? dey there make all these Yahoo boys notice am, Naija go resemble you Sudan for eye

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by alexie4real(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
BUSHHUNTER:
When I was in 300L then i dated my landlord daughter, someone DAT just finished SS3 grin

My landlord get him own apartment inside same building but d man na tourist him wife na businesswoman she hardly stay home.

Mehn! I told her mk she please behave mature n mk she no let anybody suspect...whenever m around d girl go begin act strange so tey ppl begin notice us.
Badt guy grin

I manage d relationship reach final year cos of free n tight knacking grin

The day I regret myself na wen she get small misunderstanding with one other girl na so dem begin shout for outside say "she no dey shame say she dey fuvk student" God!

I don almost disappear inside room for like 2wks na ghost mode I activate if u wan see me guy! u must wait till 8pm for night grin

My guys con dey ask me why I no dey comot for daytime I just tell dem say I wan scarce small.

Funny enough my landlord seek advice from me whenever he's around...till I leave there d man no confront me grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by alexie4real(m): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Picture of you and the girl or i don't belifffffffffff
undecided u ar truly a problem child

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by clergyboy(m): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
guy age is Number n I tel u I have been dating a girl since she was 18 n now she is 20-wat I observed now is just d maturity I see in her doings buh no negative sight though...so my advice is u don't play wit her emotions as she is not dat exposed 2 emotional trauma. b a good guy

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by feddiferri(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Dating a girl of having 20 years old is a big task. you have to work a lot to date with her. for this, you have to giver her greeting cards, gifts, flowers, fragrances and much more. I always used best websites for greeting Cards as they affect most when it comes to a strong relationship. So you should always choose best cards for your girlfriend.

Tip:
Always keep calm and composed on your first date.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by dipznano: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
oshe11:

Whatever U do, mk sure U dnt marry her yet bt if U most then make sure she doesnt go to skul again if nt na U go fund her n her bf wen go dey kpansh her everytime, yet na him go carry ur bags wen U go visit her.....

THIS IS EXPERIENCE TALKING

Lmaooooooooo

You sound like I know you! Lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by oshe11: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
dipznano:

Lmaooooooooo
You sound like I know you! Lol grin grin

hahahahahhahahahahahaha.....

U cud tho

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Water101(f): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oga!maturity is 4rm the heart age is just a number.i agree experience grows with age but d heart is the real person.mind u even a 25-30 person can still misbehave,some of them dnt even know wat they want.Plus if a person does not have d fear of God u can only get d worst 4rm dem.my husband is 9 yrs older than i and we started dating when i was much younger dan 20,i neva explore til nw and i hv no regret.

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by dipznano: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Biggers82:
[color=#000099][/color]No point in dating a girl in her early to mid 20's....
...especially if you are looking to settle down. I went to a wedding last weekend, and met several ladies in their late 20's that were either married, engaged, or seriously dating their guys for 5 or more years. The central theme that each woman portrayed to me look somehow.
"I met one Nneka when I was 25 and we've been together 5 years. I didn't really know what I wanted when I met her, but we have a pretty good relationship, you know, its got good days and bad, sometimes more bad than good. I mean, she is really supportive of me, but its sometimes boring. But we have so much history together and I think that's what keeps us together a lot, though.
Gentleman- based on what I saw, and my own experience being married to a woman that you met when she was only 20 or22, I give a resounding don't do it. I understand the appeal- women in their early 20's are obviously sexually attractive, but also confused and trying to figure out what they want. You are going to go on that roller coaster ride with them and probably end up devastated at best, and divorced at worst.
Guy just Stick with 27 and up (which all of these women were). Almost all of these girls, honestly, are ready for a serious relationship, just not with the guy they are with. They aren't bad women- just not in love anymore (which I'm sure at one point they were). Timing is everything. They have outgrown their time. It was so clearly evident.
Chicks in their late 20's and early 30's rock anyway- so much sexier by then they have known what they want.
Unless you want to continue say sorry and begging her till you die .
A wise man learns that anything said negative about or to a woman should always be followed with good and positive stuff. It has to balance and the good should always be the last thing they hear.
That's where many guys screw up. They make negative generalizations and leave it at that. It's basically called failure[b]No point in dating a girl in her early to mid 20's....
...especially if you are looking to settle down. I went to a wedding last weekend, and met several ladies in their late 20's that were either married, engaged, or seriously dating their guys for 5 or more years. The central theme that each woman portrayed to me look somehow.
"I met one Nneka when I was 25 and we've been together 5 years. I didn't really know what I wanted when I met her, but we have a pretty good relationship, you know, its got good days and bad, sometimes more bad than good. I mean, she is really supportive of me, but its sometimes boring. But we have so much history together and I think that's what keeps us together a lot, though.
Gentleman- based on what I saw, and my own experience being married to a woman that you met when she was only 20 or22, I give a resounding don't do it. I understand the appeal- women in their early 20's are obviously sexually attractive, but also confused and trying to figure out what they want. You are going to go on that roller coaster ride with them and probably end up devastated at best, and divorced at worst.
Guy just Stick with 27 and up (which all of these women were). Almost all of these girls, honestly, are ready for a serious relationship, just not with the guy they are with. They aren't bad women- just not in love anymore (which I'm sure at one point they were). Timing is everything. They have outgrown their time. It was so clearly evident.
Chicks in their late 20's and early 30's rock anyway- so much sexier by then they have known what they want.
A wise man learns that anything said negative about or to a woman should always be followed with good and positive stuff. It has to balance and the good should always be the last thing they hear.
That's where many guys screw up. They make negative generalizations and leave it at that. It's basically called failure[/b]No point in dating a girl in her early to mid 20's....
That's where many guys screw up. They make negative generalizations and leave it at that. It's basically called failure

Chisox is lurd this epistle?? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Humility017(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
teamsynergy:
I prefer ladies above 25.... they are usually more level headed, considerate, calculative, know what they want, more open , less trouble and drama

the only ish is the marriage pressure...still I prefer them.. they r not usually as jealous...
from ma own experience ni ooooo no generalization
well said bro....but the pressure from those ladies way above 25 to get married is something to worry about..many end up marrying who they don't love and sometimes they rarely concentrate on their relationship as they tend to consider the words of every dick and harry who wanna Marry them immediately....

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Gwazah(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Secretario:
Dating a girl who is not experienced may prove risky.

At that age, she is yet to explore and one day she may tell you she is feeling caged in the relationship.

Let her know your intentions but don't let it override your senses.

She is just getting exposure and that will be your undoing, so do not rush her.

With due respect to all ladies, At that age, they have the "hotcake mentality" even the ugliest ones, so I will advise you seek another outlet for your joy or find an older lady.

Sometimes, if they have not gotten heartbroken, they will not know that all that glitters is not gold.

If you are the first boyfriend, just know that the relationship will not last.
If you force her, you will regret it much later.

She may be an exception, but are you ready to find out.
Bumpy ride ahead!

Here is a quote
"Birds fly definitely, but someday it will perch,
any perch then becomes gold to a weary bird!"

How to survive the Buhari recession in Nigeria (6 Tips that gets you more money)

Disclaimer: this is my opinion
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
I dont like some people's perception concerning relationship.
Let the young man go ahead and marry her if she agrees, she is going to hold on to her reputations as a married woman. It is not only when a woman explored the whole world that she can make a good wife.
Advising him to go for older women who have expanded their every every is not good, let him enjoy her youthfulness.

6 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Humility017(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
Water101:
Oga!maturity is 4rm the heart age is just a number.i agree experience grows with age but d heart is the real person.mind u even a 25-30 person can still misbehave,some of them dnt even know wat they want.Plus if a person does not have d fear of God u can only get d worst 4rm dem.my husband is 9 yrs older than i and we started dating when i was much younger dan 20,i neva explore til nw and i hv no regret.
God bless you for this....
i am in dilemma regarding same issue presently...
the lady in the picture is 23 years of age...
and me will soon be 28

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by harbjar(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
pocohantas:
People change because they want to change and some don't have the right guidance. Not just because they are getting older.

The thing you should have in mind is, contrary to what you read on NL, not every young girl in her early twenties is very enthusiastic about getting married at that age. Lots of them acshuali want to explore and experience life...this isn't always sexual. So, what you should do is carefully observe her and find out her type of girl.

Use your senses in the relationship. Don't overdo...
Don't go footing all her expenses in the name of love.

Most importantly, long relationships is totally unnecessary most times. That's what leads to lots of issues. Most ladies left their first love because they were most times of the same age and marriage didn't seem to be in the picture. If you observe her and she is perfect, marry her as soon as it's convenient for you both. No need fukceen each other for 6years and counting in the name of relationship.

Ignore people that will tell you to leave her alone, they are the same people that will tell you not to go for an older one because she will most likely have high bodycount. One would wonder what they want
OMG!!! am so triping for you right now....finally, i can confirm that there are still sensible gals in naija. u have said it all... tag me on all ur post... really want to keep up

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by whizzyleejr(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
It's possible she leave you and not even change 1. She is still young 2. The age difference 3. Many discouraging words from both friends and family

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Odaveboy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
yinkeys:

I think I agree to this. Spot on

God bless you bruh... the babe is still young and immature......am sure that babe is still gonna explore......
if you see wetin young babes dey do for school ehn... my guy... 3 to 4 guys go still yansh that babe for HND....

my advice to him.... ... follow your mind,dont do what you will regret later..... CHEERS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Kobicove(m): 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Just make sure you don't give her the impression that you pluck money from trees undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bro, most girls in 20's are sometime immature relationship wise especially those that are still students. Only a few. Just as most guys in early 20's are. My opinion from experiences tho. Many still want to explore. I do late 23's to 28. Your babe ma be different but I will advise she gets done with school.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Humility017(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
degelinglacis:

That's how you people will not let us see husband with your yeye analysis sad. Your age does not determine if you will be responsible. I'm in my early twenties, I was never involved in previous marital sex and I have only dated a guy. I have never double date.

Please op, if she's responsible go for her
I like your response...
please keep being a responsible lady that you're

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Charliewyt: 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
pocohantas:
People change because they want to change and some don't have the right guidance. Not just because they are getting older.

The thing you should have in mind is, contrary to what you read on NL, not every young girl in her early twenties is very enthusiastic about getting married at that age. Lots of them acshuali want to explore and experience life...this isn't always sexual. So, what you should do is carefully observe her and find out her type of girl.

Use your senses in the relationship. Don't overdo...
Don't go footing all her expenses in the name of love.

Most importantly, long relationships is totally unnecessary most times. That's what leads to lots of issues. Most ladies left their first love because they were most times of the same age and marriage didn't seem to be in the picture. If you observe her and she is perfect, marry her as soon as it's convenient for you both. No need fukceen each other for 6years and counting in the name of relationship.

Ignore people that will tell you to leave her alone, they are the same people that will tell you not to go for an older one because she will most likely have high bodycount. One would wonder what they want

IF SHE'S GOOD ENOUGH THEN SHE'S OLD ENOUGH, QED.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by lordnigel(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Truth is, the so called 'matured ladies' have also explore in their own time. If you can cope with the matured ladies, then you can cope with anyone.

UNDERSTANDING IS KEY.

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by livinbygrace: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
josju:
Good day all, I really want your sincere views or experience on the issue of dating a lady in her early 20's. I met a girl aged 20 has finished OND and just going for internship two months back and she seems to be the right person for me, her maturity, concerns and love shown have been commendable. Am 28 and would love to have her as a wife but my fear is if she wouldn't change from this good,homely responsible girl as she grows older.
I on my part will never cheat on her as I strongly uphold the one boy one girl relationship.
Question now is has anyone experienced or seen people that dated a girl of that age and age difference that work out well?
To mature older ladies how many of you are still with the lover you met at your early 20's?
From age 20 can a lady really be sure of what she wants in a lover and stick with a loving, faithful and caring partner without the urge to explore at some point in time?
Your mature and sincere response would be appreciated.

Try to have a side chick,girls of that age are totally unpredictable,as they always like to explore.Talking from experience

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by chuks34(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bro am once in ur shoes.
I met my gf when she finished waec nd she seemed so nice and loving. Always saying she will never leave me, but today she flirts around with different guys, I guess she wants to explore. But I don't do games so I shorned her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Water101(f): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
Humility017:

God bless you for this....
i am in dilemma regarding same issue presently...
the lady in the picture is 23 years of age...
and me will soon be 28
in addition to what i said it my husband who deflowered me,though i cant say much 4 some one dat has been to bed wit mutiple partners,they might keep to dat habit of exploring.Some dat are materialistic cannot be trusted either...they might just go off with a wealthy man this type if d fear of god is lacking can double date.

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Odaveboy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Samadict:
Have you discussed this with her? Does she want what you want? If she does, then let go of your fear and enjoy your relationship. I met my hubby at age 19. He was 27 then. He was scared like you at first feeling I may decide to leave him later for a younger guy after committing himself. I was scared he might later want to go for an experienced older lady. We later realised we were on the same page (want to be his and he, mine). We drove our fears away. People said lot of things (friends, family and neighbors) but last year we got married at ages 26 and 34. I do not regret staying with him. If you both want it, then you both can work it out with God.

congrats sis.... I like your testimony,but please can you tell us if he is just the only guy? I mean between age 19-26.....no fling in school or stuffs? regards

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Ayatul(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
alexistaiwo:
My girlfriend is 20 years old.
Been with her since she was 17 and I can tell that though people can change but that doesn't mean if you assess her with an open mind (no love sentiment).
You will be able to at least forecast ahead the worst she is capable of becoming in the future. If you think you can cope with the result. Go for it.
Regardless whether you are getting married to a girl of 20,30,40years. Marriage is all about hoping for the best and expecting the worse.

Typed this in a hurry.
Hope I made sense?
You made perfect sense bro. I agree completely!

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by wintersnow(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Slimydude49:
Many Girls in that stage of their life are in their hoe phase.. They collect from every Tom dick and Harry on little show of love or physical attraction..

Did you just mention my name and my surname...
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by emmaadigun(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
presently, in the same dilemma, I'm actually 30 n she's in her early 20s also. since she gained admission, all about her change towards me, her keeps assuring me that all will be well. at 30, a graduate, still managing though, with a job at hand. my concern is this tread concerns, do I va hope of getting married to her.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. by Timblaze(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=alexistaiwo post=58051468] My girlfriend is 20 years old.
Been with her since she was 17 and I can tell that though people can change but that doesn't mean if you assess her with an open mind (no love sentiment).
You will be able to at least forecast ahead the worst she is capable of becoming in the future. If you think you can cope with the result. Go for it.
Regardless whether you are getting married to a girl of 20,30,40years. Marriage is all about hoping for the best and expecting the worse.

Typed this in a hurry.
Hope I made sense?

and bro u need alot of patience wit her.becos sometimes she may put this Childish attitude but all that is part of the process of u moulding her to the woman of ur dream. taking frm experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help / Upload Your Sunday Selfie / After Dating For 7 Years, He Called Off Our Engagement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.