Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,322 members, 7,860,771 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:59 PM

Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! (2149 Views)

How Do You Turn A Lady Down Without Hurting Her / REVEALED: How To Know If Her Girl Likes You Even Though She Is Not Saying It / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by silentc(m): 1:15am On Jan 30, 2010
Buy her a big fat diamond ring, leave it on her bed with a little note saying - "It's over"
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Abekeade08(f): 1:19am On Jan 30, 2010
just tell her friend to tell her in a nice way, that way it will be just girl's talk and it wont hurt

You are in hot water for this comment. So this is the way you think hmm angry

@poster, Be a man, call her on the phone or meet her in person and tell her that you think its better you go your separate ways. She is not the first girl to be broken up with and she won't be the last. She might cry, but she will get over it and move on with her life.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Busybody2(f): 1:20am On Jan 30, 2010
Hmmm, you missed her matriculation (one of the most important days in her life) and then had the nerve to tell her to come over, what cheek!!! Sure u already know the cliche about it taking two to have a conversation cos from your posts on NL you come across as someone who can hold his own in a convo.

Forget your ex flame or first crush for now cos those are just passing fancies, what really transpired between you and your girl? When did the rot start to set in your relationship? Did she use to have this nonchalant attitude when you initially got together or was it something that came about solely cos u were away for 6 months?

Forgive me and my 21 questions, its just me trying to wrap my head round how someone with such impeccable communication skills as yours would wanna flee at the first sign of hiccup, rather than sit down and talk things through. IMHO, methinks you should just forget about any serious relationship for now and go on sowing your wild oats with your ex and old flame, cos its clear your mind is made up and yot want out of this relationship.

@at topic

She's not a cheap lay nor a one night stand so you owe her that courtesy to break up with her face to face, its the moral thing to do.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by oyinda3(f): 1:25am On Jan 30, 2010
silentc:

Buy her a big fat diamond ring, leave it on her bed with a little note saying - "It's over"

this is actually a nice one. I wouldn't mind that kind of break up  grin
or if u don't have a big fat diamond ring, give her 300,000 naira cash and leave it with the "it's over" note. that would definitely ease the hurt a bit. i am serious lol

its just me trying to wrap my head round how someone with such impeccable communication skills as yours would wanna flee at the first sign of hiccup, rather than sit down and talk things through.

it's the same with the men who go around with university girls. once they meet one of those girls, they suddenly realize after 30 years that their wife is fat or has a fault cheesy
i'm sure the dude in question didn't see any much problems with the phone conversations with his gf till he met the new girl. grass is always greener on the other side, as they say.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Busybody2(f): 1:26am On Jan 30, 2010
Now who was that astute person that correctly deciphered na2day as an enigmatic being who doesn't have a serious bone in his body, hmmm, lol.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by na2day2(m): 1:55am On Jan 30, 2010
fifi09:

LOL, your too funny!

just saying the gospel truth  grin grin grin

Abekeade08:

You are in hot water for this comment. So this is the way you think hmm angry

i love my Jesus, my Jesus loves me, no circumstances change my decision  embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Busy_body:

Now who was that astute person that correctly deciphered na2day as an enigmatic being who doesn't have a serious bone in his body, hmmm, lol.

chei! na on top my head u finish grammar put?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked enigmatic! ! ! i quickly run go buy dictionary for walmart; u owe me big time angry angry angry
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Busybody2(f): 2:09am On Jan 30, 2010
^^^
I no send una, no be me write am, na the thing i read i just dey relay to una, lol

@Oyinda

Don't mind rhythm, he's moved back to School, so the distance issue is now a thing of the past. He is just feeling like the next best thing since sliced bread cos of those two women fawning over him (his first crush and his ex, who dumped him) and who knows if those ones are not just back because of his vocation - his future is bright and he is about to land his first big job.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 2:11am On Jan 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Hmmm, you missed her matriculation (one of the most important days in her life) and then had the nerve to tell her to come over, what cheek!!! Sure u already know the cliche about it taking two to have a conversation cos from your posts on NL you come across as someone who can hold his own in a convo.

Forget your ex flame or first crush for now cos those are just passing fancies, what really transpired between you and your girl? When did the rot start to set in your relationship? Did she use to have this nonchalant attitude when you initially got together or was it something that came about solely cos u were away for 6 months?

Forgive me and my 21 questions, its just me trying to wrap my head round how someone with such  impeccable communication skills as yours would wanna flee at the first sign of hiccup, rather than sit down and talk things through. IMHO, methinks you should just forget about any serious relationship for now and go on sowing your wild oats with your ex and old flame, cos its clear your mind is made up and yot want out of this relationship.

@at topic

She's not a cheap lay nor a one night stand so you owe her that courtesy to break up with her face to face, its the moral thing to do.   
geez busybody! U got me there!But come on,why do U have to hit a brother like that,it hurts,realy hurts.
Anyway,U raised some very serious questions that are begging me for answers,unfortunately,I don't ve em.One thing that I ve noticed about myself is that,I don't like it when a girl is too reticent and unneccessarily uptight.When we first met,I noticed she didn't talk much which was fine by me cos honestly garrulous ladies come across to me as childrien.But when she did talk,it was usually about unimportant things,stuff that can barely advance the r/ship,she's so at ease with me doing all the move while she just watch.I like intelligent ladies who are not scared to spill thier guts and handle any situation without having to be dependent on any1.She's is intelligent no doubt but am yet to see some maturity in her intelligence and that to a large extent gets me pissed.I mean,I can't talk crazy with U or even do some crazy youthful stuff with U without u misconstruing my intentions.Maybe our temperaments are kind of a mismatch coz the more I try,the more she gives me more reasons to doubt the r/ship.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by na2day2(m): 2:13am On Jan 30, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^
I no send una, no be me write am, na the thing i read i just dey relay to una, lol

why na only u dey find this kind book angry angry angry
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Mannylex(m): 2:20am On Jan 30, 2010
NO there isn't.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 2:28am On Jan 30, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^

@Oyinda

Don't mind rhythm, he's moved back to School, so the distance issue is now a thing of the past. He is just feeling like the next best thing since sliced bread cos of those two women fawning over him (his first crush and his ex, who dumped him) and who knows if those ones are not just back because of his vocation - his future is bright and he is about to land his first big job.
lol. . . u must be a psychic of some sort but seriously U just know how to read my mind aloud.
My ex didn't dump me per say,it was distance that ended that r/ship.She moved to delta state where she's schooling and I moved somewhere else.She has even asked me to visit her in sch,i am just not cool with the idea of crashing with her in her own room which is what she wants.But she wont come visit me either,that was how it ended.My childhood crush is the only gal till this day who understands me in and out but for some reason we re not dating.There was this guy then that wanted to marry her,I learnt recently that it didn't work.Mehn! For my mind I happy die.I ve a feeling that she will end up my wife,thank God am in my finals,God help me sha!
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 2:33am On Jan 30, 2010
@na2day
see as U just dey make laf in d middle of d nyt like madman. . Hahaha. . .
@Oyinda
i no talk say I wan date my ex or my childhood crush,just that with them,it's usually fun.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Busybody2(f): 2:34am On Jan 30, 2010
@rythmz

There-in lies the problem with the relationship, there was no compatibility from the onset as far as communication is concerned, which is one of the factor majoure needed for any relationship to thrive. The ish is not that she is not mentally stimulating for you enough, its that she is not mentally stimulating at all, and all you have been doing unwittingly is carrying her along until talking to one of your exes made you twinge that you could not carry on like this.

Like i sussed out from the start, your relationship has lost its course, so its best you sit her down and tell her as soon as possible, their is no reason for you to cling on, pinging your hopes on her changing when her laikadasical attitude has reached the stage that she is beginning to grate your nerves and irritate the ish outta you. Do the honourable thing and call off the relationship before the last teeny weeny bit of lovefeeling/ you have left for her turns into hatred. Bet you've heard the one about the thin line between love and hate too, lol.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by Busybody2(f): 2:48am On Jan 30, 2010
@rythmz

The reason we all have this "could have together forever memories" of our childhood crush is because we "went through/felt those feelings" at the period in our lives when we still say things through rose-tinted goggles and had not yet experienced life as such. Not saying those teenage pangs of love we felt then don't work all the time, but for the majority, its just fantasy, which is best left in our head.

@na2day

My busy-body job (at least i can big myself up, lol) is solely based on gathering and disseminating and transcribing of information, from any medium, books included, so why are you slatting me for trying to earn an honest living to feed my pikin and hubby. Abi make dem no chop, na so you hate me reach? lol.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by calabaman(m): 2:52am On Jan 30, 2010
erm. .erm yes there is, u guys shld talk and in that discussion let her see some salient points why u are leavin her,
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by na2day2(m): 5:16am On Jan 30, 2010
rhymz:

@na2day
see as U just dey make laf in d middle of d nyt like madman. . Hahaha. . .

na that thing wey Busy Body give me chop na hin dey do me like so ooo grin grin grin grin

Busy_body:

@na2day

My busy-body job (at least i can big myself up, lol) is solely based on gathering and disseminating and transcribing of information, from any medium, books included, so why are you slatting me for trying to earn an honest living to feed my pikin and hubby. Abi make dem no chop, na so you hate me reach? lol.

an i bin think say na me bi ur husband? shocked shocked shocked shocked the devil is a liar! angry angry angry angry
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 8:01am On Jan 30, 2010
Busy_body:

@rythmz

There-in lies the problem with the relationship, there was no compatibility from the onset as far as communication is concerned, which is one of the factor majoure needed for any relationship to thrive. The ish is not that she is not mentally stimulating for you enough, its that she is not mentally stimulating at all, and all you have been doing unwittingly is carrying her along until talking to one of your exes made you twinge that you could not carry on like this.

Like i sussed out from the start, your relationship has lost its course, so its best you sit her down and tell her as soon as possible, their is no reason for you to cling on, pinging your hopes on her changing when her laikadasical attitude has reached the stage that she is beginning to grate your nerves and irritate the ish outta you. Do the honourable thing and call off the relationship before the last teeny weeny bit of lovefeeling/ you have left for her turns into hatred. Bet you've heard the one about the thin line between love and hate too, lol.
Mehn this chick should be a love Doc.Infact,henceforth na Love Doc na im me i go dey call U. . Lol. . BTW am making plans to see her this morning but I doubt I am going there to break a heart.Wish Me luck.
Na2day
i wish I new Ur gf,I can imagine how U go don take crack her ribs. . . Hahahaha
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by detopshot(m): 8:51am On Jan 30, 2010
@Poster: i wish i knew what you really want. a nice way to break up or supporters of the idea? well, if the former is ur motive then i fink u've gotten enuf. but whatever you do, make sure it's ur true feeling and pls tell her the truth no matter how she'll feel. i was EXACTLY in ur kinda situation some weeks back, apart from the matric thing and the time frame. but the midnight call issue and the rest were the same. i had to tell her the truth, though it's always bitter. in my own case, i was not seeing any other girl which would've warranted my breakin up wif her. it was just the way i felt- I WASN'T FEELING ANYTHING FOR HER ANY LONGER and i didn't need a third party to know what to do. i still respect her, though. good luck
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by detopshot(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2010
?¿?¿
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by na2day2(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2010
rhymz:

Na2day
i wish I new your gf,I can imagine how U go don take crack her ribs. . . Hahahaha

did u say girlfriend or girlfriends? just making sure we are clear on that one tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by jalether(m): 9:43am On Jan 30, 2010
OP, you don't tell her verbally, you communicate the message through actions, by ignoring her calls and all that shitzo

she will get the hint over time, smart girls usually does cheesy, however some chicks just don't get it and you might have to be

bold and tell her wts, hope that helps
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by shemdoe: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2010
dude i think u should just b straight to her before its to late! coz she gonna get to hurt when shes deep into u
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by funkkybabe(f): 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2010
one question? If your ex never called you, would you still have this same reaction to wanting to break up with the current one? In life, noone is perfect and you will always meet some one that [s]seems to[/s] has something your current one doesn't.

Should you then always break up because of that? I think you should let the current girl know the communication problem you think she has, be open and honest about your expectations, she might not be aware that you find it a problem.

if she really loves you, she will adjust or make an effort to, if she makes no effort then at least you tried. But i dont agree with just breaking up with her without letting her know there is a problem, otherwise you will keep breaking up with girls as there will always be one problem or the other
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2010
Well,guyz thanx for Ur responses,I ve already decided to give it another shot.I call'd her in the morning to inform her that I was coming over,she calmly told me that she wasn't in sch.We ve agreed to meet 2moro,I hope it goes well.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by oyinda3(f): 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2010
u better do that o. otherwise u will be jumping from girl to girl at every small sign of a problem, or sometimes even making up a problem so you can jump to another girl. but no be your fault na, u wanna take advantage of all the girlsopportunities coming your way abi.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by na2day2(m): 4:07am On Jan 31, 2010
rhymz:

Well,guyz thanx for your responses,I ve already decided to give it another shot.I call'd her in the morning to inform her that I was coming over,she calmly told me that she wasn't in sch.We ve agreed to meet 2moro,I hope it goes well.

oya come give us feed back biko
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by vfocus(f): 5:14am On Jan 31, 2010
OP, you don't tell her verbally, you communicate the message through actions, by ignoring her calls and all that shitzo

she will get the hint over time, smart girls usually does , however some chicks just don't get it and you might have to be

bold and tell her wts, hope that helps

great, i'm not with a ____ like you, (can't call you a man, you ain't no man, no guts) be like a real man and have a little respect, break up properly. Not like a ,mouse who just runs away.
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by vfocus(f): 5:18am On Jan 31, 2010
Well,guyz thanx for your responses,I ve already decided to give it another shot.I call'd her in the morning to inform her that I was coming over,she calmly told me that she wasn't in sch.We ve agreed to meet 2moro,I hope it goes well.

well, it works out for you's, and like some of that other advice i saw, tell her the problems.smiley
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 6:37am On Jan 31, 2010
oyinda.:

u better do that o. otherwise u will be jumping from girl to girl at every small sign of a problem, or sometimes even making up a problem so you can jump to another girl. but no be your fault na, u wanna take advantage of all the girlsopportunities coming your way abi.
hahahaha. . . "take advantage of all the girlsopportunities coming my way". . . Hahahaha. . . This is almost correct sha!
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by sjeezy8: 6:40am On Jan 31, 2010
@poster wetin concern you wit babes? Your GAY son

Thread closed poster is gay and a yahoo yahoo boy
Re: Is There A Nice Way Of Of Saying It's Over Without Hurting Her! by rhymz(m): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2010
na2day?:

oya come give us feed back biko
ngwa since U want feedback,I actually was planning to give her the certificate on Ur profile wall. . . Hehehehehe. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Not Enough For Her? / Is It Possible? / Girls wat is the most romantic thing a guy has ever done 4 u

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.