Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj (90988 Views)

Happy Married Life To TiffanyJ / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Shadows Of The Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by mzdorkisz(f): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nice one tiffanyj..eeew this woman is just too wicked. Tiff pls save shayet from this wicked woman.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by BlizzydoDo(f): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
TiffanyJ:
Lol, you seemed so sure
I am o

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Ebigbola(f): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Am waiting o. Told my fingers and eyes that TIFFANY says update is twice a week.
Good job. And hope u don't tell me to buy de rest stories o lol. I had to de last one dou it was worth it�
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Chubbiehills:
oh my my!! God keep sahyat save. plssss
Amen to that

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
cerowo:
Tiffanyj please save Shayet from the hands of Tissan's mother oo....
Who knows what she's planning, wicked woman
We shall find out
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
mzdorkisz:
Nice one tiffanyj..eeew this woman is just too wicked. Tiff pls save shayet from this wicked woman.
I will try
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kamelot77:
my pity goes to shayet in advance
Lol
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
charytea:
Tiffanyj, i suppose get to c u o, i stay in narayi. Where do u stay in KD.. Great story dear!
I live in sabo. Ungwan boro, to be specific, although I am currently out of town. Will let you know when I returned
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
aprilwise:
some names in kaduna sounds like china names
You think so?
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
Twinkle004:
The story just began. I feel for shayet becks her mother-inlaw is evil. I pray she scale through
I pray so too
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jumizie13:
I can't pity the poor lady less.
Weldone Tiff.
Me too
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Maryclaire1:
This are some of the reasons some ladies pray not to have a mother inlaw..thanks for the update TJ..
Welcome ma

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
holuwaseunpat:
You are doing a great job here aunty Tiffy.....Weldon ma.
Thank you ma'am
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Vickiey192:
Please ma is this story on Okada books
No ma
Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by TiffanyJ(f): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
The beeping of her phone woke her up the following morning. She sleepily picked her phone and pressed the receive button.
'Hello?'
'Common love, you are still in bed?'
'I think I slept in'
'Mother won't be happy. You promised to try'
'Yes. Okay let me bath and go down'
'Good. Go to the market and prepare Oha soup for her. It has always been her favorite'
'Okay, if that will make you happy'
'It will. By the way, we are about to board the plane'
'Okay, safe journey'
'Bye. I will call you as soon as I can'
'Bye'
She disconnected the call and went downstairs for breakfast. Sarah was waiting in ambush for her.
'Good morning ma',
'I don't want your greetings. Tell me what time it is'
'8am, ma'
'I told you. In this house, we wake up by 6:30am. Every one knows it, even Tissan does wake up at that time'
'I am sorry ma. I promise it won't happen again'
'Nonsense, your slut of a mother never did 'bring you up the right way'
'Ma, it won't happen again'
'Good. In this house, we don't come downstairs in our robes or sleeping clothes. Only sluts do that', Shayet looked down at her robe, her father-in-law was not at home so she saw nothing wrong with her coming downstairs in her robe. It was just below her knees.
'I am sorry ma'
'Go back to your room and change'
Shayet ran back inside and had a shower, wore a red ankle length dress and came down for breakfast. She ate, washed the plates, to the amazement of the maids and went to the market. She returned and set to work. By the time she was through, she sighed in excitement. Sarah will be surprised.
When it was time for lunch, she served her.
'Who cooked this food?'
'I did ma. Tissan said its your favourite and I want us to...'
Sarah flung the food away.
'I won't eat it. So you want to poison me?'
'No ma. I will never do that to you'
'Listen. Stop wasting your time'
Shayet went up to her room and never did venture out. By evening, she came down, ate and went up to sleep. she woke up by 6am the following day and had a bath then walked down to greet her husband's mother. She had breakfast and then return to her room. The week went away and another week went too. She couldn't take it anymore so she went to her mother's house on monday of the third week.
'How are you?'
'Tissan's mother hates me'
'You should win her over'
'I tried all I could. Cooked for her, washed her clothes and even buy gifts for her'
'Then don't kill yourself over her'
'Mum?'
'Yes?'
'Tissn said to give you this'
'I won't take it. I want him to come tell me why he beat you up'
'He apologized to me and I have forgiven him'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes. I think I love him mum. I haven't thought of Emma in a while'
'So when last have you spoken with him?'
'He calls every morning and evening'
'Sounds romantic'
'He will be back next week and I can't wait to see him. I so missed him mum'
'Okay, I've heard you'
'I will be at the hotel tomorrow. I am so bored in that house'
'Okay. Your father was here yesterday. Said he wants me to set a meeting between you two'
'I have no father, you know that already'
'Ah, mum, its already 6pm. I should get going'
'Spend the night'
'I didn't tell my mother-in-law I would spend a night'
'Okay. But Suchet should go with you'
So Suchet and Shayet took a taxi home. He watched her enter then left promising to pay her a visit soon. She went in and saw Sarah with Richard. Shayet greeted Sarah and went up. She tiredly lay in her bed when the door burst opened. Richard walked in with Sarah and another maid. Sarah's most trusted maid.
'What so you want?', Shayet asked,
'Hold her down'
'What is it?', but Richard tore her clothes. She screamed and cried but none heard her. When she was completely nude, he tied her hands and legs to the bed post. A rag was pushed into her mouth.
'You know Shayet. Your mistake is thinking you can manipulate my son. Look at the time you are coming home. I shall personally inspect you to make sure you've not had s.x with another man while my son Is dying'
Sarah inspected Shayet's body while Richard and the maid watched. As she touched Shayet, Shayet felt ashamed. When they were through, she was satisfied that Shayet didn't have s.x so she instructed the maid to dispose the clothes and untie her. Shayet, when alone in the room picked her phone and tearfully called her husband.
'My love, just about to call you'
'Tissan, your mother...'
'Are you crying? So mother told you? Well, I am going in for surgery. The doctors said my chance is fifty-fifty. I can no longer say when I will be back but please don't cry'
'Wait Tissan'
'My love, my time is up. I'm already in the theatre. Bye'
And the phone went dead. Shayet spent the night crying. By morning, her shame wouldn't even let her come downstairs. She bathed by afternoon and planned to escape the house but the security man won't let her out. She returned to see an international number calling her.
'Tissan?'
'Its me his father. They had the surgery but he is in comatose. The doctors said we should wait'
'Sir...', she burst into tears.
'Don't cry will you? Just keep praying for him'
By evening, her phone was taken from her. And the door to her room locked. She was fed, twice.
A week went by and Shyet didn't see the light of the day. She found out she was pregnant two weeks later. She wondered why her mother and her brother didn't come looking for her. She fell ill but Sarah wouldn't take her to the hospital. A month went by and Shayet nearly lost her mind. No words from any body.

Baboshia knew that all was not well. Every food she tasted sounded bitter in her mouth she stopped eating. Suchet had tried to reassure her but she wouldn't listen
'Mother, you are thinking again!', he admonished
'Why shouldn't I think? When last have you heard from your sister?'
'I'm sure Shayet is fine. Tissan's mother already told you that she had to urgently traveled to America'
'And she didn't bother telling me? Her own mother? Its been a month and neither she nor Tissan made any contact. That's very unlike them'
'Mother, I'm sure they will have an explanation'
'Baboshia tied her wrapper securely around her slim waist, called Kasham to bring her slippers and handbag from the bedroom.
'Where are you going?', Suchet asked
'To see that old hag of course'
'Tissan's mother?'
'Yes. Do you know that woman wouldn't even give me a number to contact my own daughter?'
'Mother... I am worried too but we have to thread carefully'
'Kasham?', Baboshia called
'Kasham came with a black slippers and a brown old bag. Suchet knew he couldn't stop his mother so he had to go with her afterall. They hailed a taxi and and boarded. Twenty minutes later, they were at Ungwan Rimi, two streets away from the State University, knocking on the Johnson's gate. The security guard opened the door, saw the woman and his smile disappeard
'Can I help you?'
'I am Shayet's mother. Can I have a word with Tissan's mother?'
'She said you are never to step your feet in her house. I am sorry I can't let you in'
'Just call her for me'
'What can I do for you?', Sarah asked, pushing the guard from her way
'Good afternoon. I don't understand why Shayet left without telling me nor why she didn't make contact. Does Tissan call you?'
'Yes. Your daughter also calls'
'May I have their phone numbers?'
'No'
'Why?'
'Isn't is obvious? She is ashamed of you and doesn't want to make contact'
Baboshia was silent.
'Mother let's go'
'Shayet might be ashamed of me but not her brother and sister. Something isn't right'
The gate was shut to their faces. Baboshia returned home with her son. Praying her daughter would return home safely and explained why she had abandon them.

'You are pregnant, you slut'
Sarah told her one day.
'Don't worry, Tissan will never know about it. You shall take abortion pills and if you refused, I will have to inject you'
She stormed out and came back some minutes later. Shayet was feverish, she covered her body and prayed to God to help her. The next day, she was lying down when a nurse came with Sarah. They injected her, no one cared that she was barely awake.
'It will take effect in a few hours', the woman said.
And truly, a few hours later, the pain began. Shayet wanted to die. She couldn't even shout. She was too weak. By evening, the nurse and Sarah's maid bath her. She saw all these in her semi consciousness when all these happened. They tried feeding her but she refused. At last she was forced to take a cup of milk. A few minutes later, she threw it all up. Another injection was given to her. On the third day, she couldn't take it no more. She fainted.
'What next?'
'My son will be back in two weeks. I don't care what you do, clear all evidence'
'We should take her to the hospital'
'Never'

Tissan was too excited. They arrived at the Ritzy hotel around 3pm. He didn't try his mother or his wife's line. He wanted to surprise them. He made his father promised to not tell his mother they were in town.
'Father, I'm going home'
'We just arrived. Are you not tired?'
'Tired you say? I haven't seen my mother and wife in two whole months. Okay, I haven't even spoken to Shayet in over a month'
'It isn't your fault. You were in intensive medical care. Your mum always assure me she is doing great'
'I just hope they are now close'
'They should be. But don't forget, you are yet to completely recover'
'I'm going dad'
'I can't change your mind?'
'No'
'Tell your mother I will be there tomorrow'
'Okay'
'But Tissan?'
'Yes?'
I won't let you drive. My driver will take you home'
'No qualms dad', he said and called someone to pick up his box. He didn't even buy anything for her. He refused to dally one more day with excuse of shopping for her.
He was in toll gate by 5pm. His phone rang, it was his wife's mother.
'Hello ma'
'I'm glad, I reached you today. Now where in the hell is my daughter?'
'What do you mean?'
'I haven't seen Shayet in six weeks. Please tell me you are with her'
'Ma, I just entered the country. I haven't even been home yet'
'your mum said you sent for Shayet and she went to the States. My daughter will never travel without telling me or calling me'
'There must be a mistake somewhere. Ma, I'm at toll gate. I will be home in thirty minutes'
'I need a favour from you'
'What?'
'I shall meet you at Command Day Secondary School. I want to come home with you'
'Ma, its not a good idea'
'You please. I am begging you'
'Okay, meet me there'
When he finally saw her at the junction, she looked unhappy. He opened the door for her and she entered the car.
'I don't know what happened to my daughter? That evil woman you called a mother...'
'Ma, with all due respect, let's go home. I'm sure there is an explanation for all these. Wait, did you call Shayet?'
'Her number isn't going through'
'Calm down'
Baboshia kept quiet. She. Had been scared when Shayet stopped calling. A week later after she visited her, she went to the Johnson's and Sarah said Shayet went out. Baboshia went to the hotel the next day and was told her daughter wasn't there. she kept going back to the house and at last was told that Tissan sent for Shayet.
'My daughter will never go without telling me'
'That's your problem', Amy had said. Since then, Sarah had went home and waited for her daughter's call which never did came. She became more worried two weeks later. She kept trying to get to Tissan but couldn't, she had stopped eating nor sleeping. It was a miracle his line went through.
'We are here ma'
. She jumped from the car and Tissan followed suit. He began almost running into the house with Baboshia at his heel. He swung open the the door and saw his mother in deep discussion with a woman of about fourty wearing a nurse uniform.
'Holy Mary, Tissan, what are you doing here?'
'Mother, I thought to surprise you and Shayet. We arrived this morning', he went to her for a hug. That was when she saw Baboshia
'Where did you meet that woman?'
'Oh, she called me and we met at Command's junction. By the way mum. I miss you so much. Father said to tell you he will be here tomorrow'
'Oh?'
'Mother what's wrong? You don't seemed happy to see me. Is Shayet upstairs? I want her to explain to me why she made her mother go through such pains', Tissan said and began running up.
'Wait Tissan', his mum called
'What is it?'
'There had been an accident'
He didn't wait. He began running up. Baboshia followed him up. He stopped at the door and pushed it open. The room was dark, the curtains were drawn and the lights, switched off. He suddenly felt cold. He went to the switch and pressed the button. His eyes drifted to the bed. He saw her, lying down, with a drip over her.
'Shayet?', he said, running to the bed. She didn't answer him. Then it occurred to him she was unconscious. Her lips were broken. Baboshia began shouting,
'My baby? What happened to you?'

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by yeeshanana(f): 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
That woman is a witch...This is the reason why most ladies hate their mother in law

2 Likes

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by harunablezin(f): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
mhmmmmnn! nawa ooooo....y are human so terribly wicked?!!!

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Toyin223(f): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
For Me I Can Never Marry A Man Dat Is Mother Did Nt Love Me, See Wicked Mother In Law

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Toyin223(f): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
I Was Just Crying NW

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by laraemi(f): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sarah you are wicked ,God will judge you, your end is near.shayat sorry for the pain.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by heemah(f): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Toyin223:
For Me I Can Never Marry A Man Dat Is Mother Did Nt Love Me, See Wicked Mother In Law
That's one of the greatest mistake a woman can make...I pray it doesn't cost her her life

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by yewande1234(f): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dis is too much,how can a woman do dis to her fellow woman,not even thinking abt her son nd aw he would fell if he find out abt all she did

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Maryclaire1(f): 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
Imagine the useless, heartless,iniquitious, peccant,evil woman angry She's so blinded with hate that she killed her first grandchild angry God!!!

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by charytea(f): 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
TiffanyJ:

I live in sabo. Ungwan boro, to be specific, although I am currently out of town. Will let you know when I returned
Ok dear, i knw sabo to well, i'll wait for ur return...

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by rosalieene(f): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
jeezzz!!! that Sarah is so wicked!!!

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Oyindawealth(f): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
Seriously dis Sarah, is a confirm 'mother ill luck' what has Shayet done 2 deserve dis I pity her so much... Tissan! It's high time u man up!! Take Shayet far away from ur mother where she won't be able 2 see u people atall... by dat time, her body Will come down.. Tiffanyj weldone!!! More plsss!!

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Chubbiehills(f): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
am moved to tears!gosh, so so bad

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
there is no way I will stay in the same house wit u when I know u hate me
what kind of nonsense is that, d disgrace n d pain, I'm just feeling it here
God forbid bad thing o

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by bossy512(f): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
This is too much, may be she is a witch

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Healer007: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
This episode is really creepy...
How can they control Shayet like she's a robot: Naked her at will, lock her up in her room, feed her twice, seize her phone, bath her, control her movement and finally inject her so that she would be feeling pains and then try to abort the pregnancy while she just keeps quiet, watch, smile and wave all through. Na wa oo... angry... I wonder how the next episode will be likeundecided
By the way, Thanks for the update cheesycheesygringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by horlah1(f): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
see me see tears.. Madam TiffanyJ wehdone

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj by Healer007: 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
horlah1:
see me see tears..
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Love Happened By Rose Akpabio / My Final Year Love (MFYL) - First Season Of Perfect Rejection by Babsopey / The Divorced Housemates (Erotic, 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.