Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate (78047 Views)

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / We will Declare Saraki,Melaye Seat Vacant-Akpabio Speak Fire / Dino Melaye And Remi Tinubu In Red & White Dresses At Senate On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by jashar(f): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
jboi81:

Backward constitution, Omo I Don laugh taya o.

what na? embarassed embarassed embarassed

authority2006:

This amounts to a subtle coup.

They are trying themselves ooo. As if we even want them there sef...
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by TimeMod1: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:

point of order, I'm not Igbo.
if indeed it was preplanned, then it wasn't planned well

since we do not have the full story, I wouldn't want to jump into further hasty conclusions. if abaribe an Igboman tries to get Osinbajo impeached, there's no big deal, the saraki for instance is a Muslim and has northern alliances since many would argue that he's not a northerner, and he'd quash all forms of agitation from the east. that's why I didn't talk about abaribe, because he'll be the biggest loser, losing support from home as well. so I wasn't absolving him at all.. he's not worth all these talk
Very well said but if you want me to take you seriously then you would do away with the person on that DP & replace it with a better one.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
These useless abokis are looking for trouble, walai dem go get am for double.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by ifewise(m): 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
Buhari will soon come back,All this news will stop.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by oyakhilomeh(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
MrMcJay:
Leadership in Nigeria is like when you pour beans in water. Those that float up are the bad ones.

How can Senators talk as if they lack analytic, deductive and commonsensical reasoning? So, if a Governor travels out on an official assignment to attract investors, he's no longer the Governor?

The Senate should get their acts together and stop talking like a congregation of unintelligent drunkards.
The Senate might have gone about it the wrong way but if a governor travels out of the country he needs to handover to someone in acting capacity, and yes he remains the governor. Same applies to the President
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by chidextec: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nigeria is like a nollywood movie, always predictable. Now the Fulani cabals are coming out from their shells. The chicken is coming home to roast, and the movie in the cinema galleria has started. I can only sit down with my cold origin bottle grin and view these uneducated charlatans display their stupidity in public and make mockery of their foolishness and also pity the afonja's because they have been scammed grin grin

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by obailala(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
belzabull:
yes I can imagine that.

He will make a better president than the dead wood called buhari
Wasn't expecting anything less from a Jonathanian who has built her life around anything which she perceives might be anti-Buhari; I'm sure you would even be happy if Evans was made president.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by deomelo: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
MrMcJay:
Leadership in Nigeria is like when you pour beans in water. Those that float up are the bad ones.

How can Senators talk as if they lack analytic, deductive and commonsensical reasoning? So, if a Governor travels out on an official assignment to attract investors, he's no longer the Governor?

The Senate should get their acts together and stop talking like a congregation of unintelligent drunkards.

Yes, if he or she abdicated and transferred power to his or her deputy to act in his absence same way the acting president is the president of Nigeria at the moment because the president legally and constitutionally handed over power to his Vice, the now acting president to be the president in his absence.

You can not have 2 governors or 2 president a the same time.

Saraki saw the landmine and quickly extinguished it before any kind of discussion or promotion of the silly idea.

....buy I do agree with you that the Nigerian senate is really a congregation of unintelligent drunkards.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by deomelo: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
Tinubu the Theif has led his ethnic group to the slaughter house and you are busy yapping nonsense

His people are in the slaughter house, but you losers are the one crying and shouting marginalization. Logic and intelligent reasoning no dey jam you Igbos.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
deomelo:

His people are in the slaughter house, but you losers are the one crying and shouting marginalization. Logic and intelligent reasoning no dey jam you Igbos.

grin grin
arressa the aregbe arse licker grin

E ku se ooo grin
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by deomelo: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:
Unusual loyalty by saraki... well played. now osinbajo, owes him a favour. in the game of life, it is very bad to owe someone a favour cos you'll keep praying he doesn't ask for the impossible.
meanwhile the zfara senator is just a religious fanatic who doesn't know how to play chess

Acting President Osinbajo doesn't owe him anything, Saraki was just doing his job based on the same constitution guiding his own job, not any kind of favor.

Saraki can not become the acting president unless the acting president legally or constitutionally surrendered power to him based on his inability to govern for health or personal reasons just like PMB did when he ceded over to his VP.

The zanfara joker is just another ignorant and illiterate clown, but Saraki is not, hence his decision not to even entertain such foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by diezani(f): 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
Very well said but if you want me to take you seriously then you would do away with the person on that DP & replace it with a better one.

Diezani Allison Madueke is an Ijaw woman married to an Igbo man. She's smarter, better educated, and achieved more than most Nigerian women. Aside the political stuff she's very very very intelligent unlike members of our current cabinet.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by TimeMod1: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:

Diezani Allison Madueke is an Ijaw woman married to an Igbo man. She's smarter, better educated, and achieved more than most Nigerian women. Aside the political stuff she's very very very intelligent unlike members of our current cabinet.
What are you saying?..
I never asked you furnish me her bio rather I asked that you disengage from her demeaning personality. At best, she's lost her personality. If you're Diezani, it's quite unfortunate of you. Your truest feelings of shame and guilt would come in retrospection if only you're not an iceberg. While I truly hope you are not her, be advised to totally disengage from her damning any pecuniary gain that are attached. Your integrity should matter to you.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by deomelo: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:

Of course, looters and crooks are always your intelligent heroes. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Jasomine: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
Trust Saraki, the guru of Nigeria politics. The Kwara lord will not fall for that. Like a cobra, he knows when to strike.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Boyooosa(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
MrMcJay:

THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME HOPE, I THOUGHT ALL NIGERIANS ARE NIGERIAN SENATORS...
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by TimeMod1: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:
Unusual loyalty by saraki... well played. now osinbajo, owes him a favour. in the game of life, it is very bad to owe someone a favour cos you'll keep praying he doesn't ask for the impossible.
meanwhile the zfara senator is just a religious fanatic who doesn't know how to play chess
I thought you said you didn't want to jump into hasty conclusions, so from where do you pull this out?? Osinbajo owes nobody a favour.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by haykes(m): 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
NOT NEW SARAKI BETRAYED HIS FATHER SO DON'T BE SURPRISED
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by sagaxity(m): 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
You see the first three words..." A mild drama""

Nigeria is a film... Watch, when you tire to watch you check out....
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by diezani(f): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
I thought you said you didn't want to jump into hasty conclusions, so from where do you pull this out?? Osinbajo owes nobody a favour.

I doubt you read the article. the dispute was on whether Senate had the right to reject nominations and osinbajo disregarding their rejection. the Igbo senator said that none of the presidents are in the country currently, probably hinting at an opportunity for the Senate to declare saraki as acting president and effect magu and gbajamiala's rejection by himself. saraki knows that as soon as osinbajo returns power would naturally fall back to the VP. but doing something like that would cause unrest because people would cite how long it took for osinbajo to become acting president and the ease with which saraki became acting president. people would talk about northern agenda etc so saraki lets it slide
note that no one is talking about impeachment.
but the zamfara senator comes in , armed with the constitution, he obviously has rehearsed this and has been waiting for an opportunity. his intentions are religio-ethnic, and sees it as an opportunity to get osinbajo out.
he represents the interest of his constituency and the coincidence is odd that a senator from zamfara is so versed on the Senate provisions for declaring acting president, Nigerian senators are not known for brilliance in things like this. he has been planning this for a while.
but he's too quick, now he's a known party traitor.
p saraki doesn't even allow debate on it, he quickly rules it out of order. it would have been a good opportunity for senate to have executive powers but saraki knows it is extremely dangerous, would set a bad precedent and would make him a few more enemies.
thats politics for you. the other angle could be that it could be a grand plot to fool the executive into believing that saraki is loyal, but the unity needed for such a plot is lacking in the Senate.

right now , osinbajo owes saraki.. and u should read the story again

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by diezani(f): 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
Jasomine:
Trust Saraki, the guru of Nigeria politics. The Kwara lord will not fall for that. Like a cobra, he knows when to strike.

you read the post
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by diezani(f): 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
What are you saying?..
I never asked you furnish me her bio rather I asked that you disengage from her demeaning personality. At best, she's lost her personality. If you're Diezani, it's quite unfortunate of you. Your truest feelings of shame and guilt would come in retrospection if only you're not an iceberg. While I truly hope you are not her, be advised to totally disengage from her damning any pecuniary gain that are attached. Your integrity should matter to you.

I don't think you have the moral license to judge or condemn anyone.. let's leave the diezani issue and talk about the thread

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by diezani(f): 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
deomelo:

Acting President Osinbajo doesn't owe him anything, Saraki was just doing his job based on the same constitution guiding his own job, not any kind of favor.

Saraki can not become the acting president unless the acting president legally or constitutionally surrendered power to him based on his inability to govern for health or personal reasons just like PMB did when he ceded over to his VP.

The zanfara joker is just another ignorant and illiterate clown, but Saraki is not, hence his decision not to even entertain such foolishness.

saraki's smartness greatly surpasses his goodwill. though constitutionally there are provisions that could have been exploited like the Zamfara joker was trying to point out. I agree with you that he's ignorant and a clown and you should agree with me that someday in the perfect season saraki will strike

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by bashydemy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
The yorubas brought the reproach called CHANGE into aso rock as a result of the backstabbing of GEJ!
Therefore the fake pastor with his brothers should fight the north alone!

Good morning Nigeria!

LOL who care for the support of the Igbos? they are irrelevant..

Well we the South Westerners have the power on who become President in Nigeria..
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by TimeMod1: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:

I doubt you read the article. the dispute was on whether Senate had the right to reject nominations and osinbajo disregarding their rejection. the Igbo senator said that none of the presidents are in the country currently, probably hinting at an opportunity for the Senate to declare saraki as acting president and effect magu and gbajamiala's rejection by himself. saraki knows that as soon as osinbajo returns power would naturally fall back to the VP. but doing something like that would cause unrest because people would cite how long it took for osinbajo to become acting president and the ease with which saraki became acting president. people would talk about northern agenda etc so saraki lets it slide
note that no one is talking about impeachment.
but the zamfara senator comes in , armed with the constitution, he obviously has rehearsed this and has been waiting for an opportunity. his intentions are religio-ethnic, and sees it as an opportunity to get osinbajo out.
he represents the interest of his constituency and the coincidence is odd that a senator from zamfara is so versed on the Senate provisions for declaring acting president, Nigerian senators are not known for brilliance in things like this. he has been planning this for a while.
but he's too quick, now he's a known party traitor.
p saraki doesn't even allow debate on it, he quickly rules it out of order. it would have been a good opportunity for senate to have executive powers but saraki knows it is extremely dangerous, would set a bad precedent and would make him a few more enemies.
thats politics for you. the other angle could be that it could be a grand plot to fool the executive into believing that saraki is loyal, but the unity needed for such a plot is lacking in the Senate.

right now , osinbajo owes saraki.. and u should read the story again
Owes him for what?. For what favors?
They are only plotting a legislative coup which is neither unconstitutional nor undemocratic. A coup that would never have been allowed to stand by Nigerians.
The military coup was never allowed to stand. Do Buhari /Osinbajo also owe Buratai for leaking the plot to the media? They are merely testing the waters.
Your points are watery, be more convincing.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by deomelo: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
diezani:

saraki's smartness greatly surpasses his goodwill. though constitutionally there are provisions that could have been exploited like the Zamfara joker was trying to point out. I agree with you that he's ignorant and a clown and you should agree with me that someday in the perfect season saraki will strike

Strike where and how? Please brief us a little.

Saraki can not be the president or acting president without the current acting president handing over power to him by transmitting to the senate per his absence and inability to continue as the president or the acting president of Nigeria and until that is done, saraki can not be anything beyond his current position.

In this case, saraki did nothing and he did the acting president no favor and the acting president owe him nothing, all he did was prevent the ignorant and constitutionally void senator from zamfara from embarrassing himself and the senate including saraki himself.

The acting president's position or authority was never in danger and the law and the Nigerian constitution remains on the side of the acting president, not on saraki's side or his ignorant foot soldier so no favors was done.

1 Like

Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Alexis0147(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Brilliant by Senator Saraki to avoid heating up the polity
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by TimeMod1: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
deomelo:

Strike where and how? Please brief us a little.

Saraki can not be the president or acting president without the current acting president handing over power to him by transmitting to the senate per his absence and inability to continue as the president or the acting president of Nigeria and until that is done, saraki can not be anything beyond his current position.

In this case, saraki did nothing and he did the acting president no favor and the acting president owe him nothing, all he did was prevent the ignorant and constitutionally void senator from zamfara from embarrassing himself and the senate including saraki himself.

The acting president's position or authority was never in danger and the law and the Nigerian constitution remains on the side of the acting president, not on saraki's side or his ignorant foot soldier so no favors was done.

diezani does not know what she's saying. She's just flip-flopping How can saraki become an acting President when powers hasn't been transferred to him. Can he act otherwise?
Cancer falls on those over-ambitious politicians.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Sodijan(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
If PMB is nt back on time, saraki may become d president
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by sonofoluku: 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
ignis:
Nigerian politics is a joke.

While the old men politicians are killing the economy of thd country, the youths are busy forming slay kings and queens.

God bless you my brother.Instead of we youths to fight and reclaim our country,we r on instagram flaunting boobs and ass and in the studio looking for the short cut to f me and money.
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Viergeachar: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
dumo1:

I swear your brain is made in China angry

And yours is made in Taiwan angry
Re: Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
Viergeachar:

And yours is made in Taiwan angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Polls Over Cert Forgery / President Buhari Leaves Mosque Without Convoy Or Sirens / President Buhari Pointing At Dino Melaye (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.