Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls (9541 Views)

Summary Of CBN Revised Bank Charges / CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 06, 2017
I choose Zenith bank, i hardly notice any outrageous charges grin
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by lympy: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Those mails are from fraudsters.

AuroraB:
Got mail from GTB 2days ago about a 13,800 debit for something I never asked or subscribed to. I have had nothing to do with the bank for over 4yrs I got fed up with their handling of my card issues. And will not have a thing to do with them. They can get the money from wherever they see it in the account.
Diamond bank sent theirs midnight today, I have never used the account before and thankfully too. They can as well, collect the 9,400 from the Nano millions in there.
I dey put my money for kolo or dig ground put am that way, these amase anfani pipo agaghi eri'm angry angry
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by Abujaexpress: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2017
I just opened a corporate account with Zenith Bank Plc, but when some transfered some money there(150k), I discovered they deducted about 8k from, leaving the account with a 142k balance. I have tried to reach my account officer, she has not been reached.

Pls, is it normal to deduct any money from a corporate account when it is opened?
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by RasTafariI: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2017
dingbang:
which bank do you now prefer?
No good bank in Nigeria. GTB and First bank are trying though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by AuroraB(f): 9:16am On Jul 06, 2017
lympy:
Those mails are from fraudsters.

shocked shocked shocked shocked You don't say?!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Thank God I didn't click the godforsaken links to deactivate sad
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by benjoggas: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2017
Whoever knows the management of Diamond bank should issue to them my last warning of senseless deductions in my account...or...
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by abelee(m): 9:22am On Jul 06, 2017
Even my bank(zenith) has been giving me negative balance for a while now
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by Shallypop(f): 9:42am On Jul 06, 2017
Diamond bank is worse. Educated thieves. Can't afford to bank with them anymore.
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by fison(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2017
Zenith bank is still the best, there's no deduction whatsoever except CBN normal transfer charges and N10 sms charges whenever I checked my account balance via my mobile phone. No atm charges ever since have been using the bank since 2014.

1 Like

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by slegerman(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2017
AuroraB:
Got mail from GTB 2days ago about a 13,800 debit for something I never asked or subscribed to. I have had nothing to do with the bank for over 4yrs I got fed up with their handling of my card issues. And will not have a thing to do with them. They can get the money from wherever they see it in the account.
Diamond bank sent theirs midnight today, I have never used the account before and thankfully too. They can as well, collect the 9,400 from the Nano millions in there.
I dey put my money for kolo or dig ground put am that way, these amase anfani pipo agaghi eri'm angry angry

I got similar mails too. It is not from the banks, so do not click and input your details. It is from fraudsters.

2 Likes

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by slegerman(m): 10:03am On Jul 06, 2017
I experience same too with GTBank. The best we should do is boycott all Nigerian banks and use the foreign ones. Banks like Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic and Ecobank are okay. I have an account with Standard Chartered Bank, any month is no transaction on my account, there will be no deductions. The only issue here is they have less branches nationwide.
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by wildchild1: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Banks are synonymous to scam grin

Check my signature for 2017/2018 club Jerseys and Confederation Cup countries jersey
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by MrsDan: 10:19am On Jul 06, 2017
Union Bank sent a text to wish me happy birthday and charged my account.
Not encouraging at all�
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by friday2011(m): 10:21am On Jul 06, 2017
juwoonn:
FIRST BANK is worst.
My wife decided not to use them again because of unnecessary charges. She moved all her funds to another bank and left only their N1000 minimum balance. And guess what? The N1000 minimum balance was debited to remain N390 in 2 months. They kept debiting for SMS alert despite not using the account.
The bank is a first class fraudster. Worst than Evans

guy, why not do your findings very well before coming here to write fabricated stories, most of this charges are backed by CBN, And it applies to all banks, I won't be surprised if your wife's account is a current account, COT (now known as account maintenance fee) applies to all current account, the -N690 difference will likely be COT charges or/and stamp duties.
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by allytinted: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2017
juwoonn:
FIRST BANK is worst.
My wife decided not to use them again because of unnecessary charges. She moved all her funds to another bank and left only their N1000 minimum balance. And guess what? The N1000 minimum balance was debited to remain N390 in 2 months. They kept debiting for SMS alert despite not using the account.
You just spoke my mind. Can you imagine First Bank debited my account last year June telling me its the previous year 'December alert charge'. The very charge that was debited before.

1 Like

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by davidodiba(m): 10:40am On Jul 06, 2017
Formerly, you are charged N65 after three transactions using other banks ATM but now it is N65 per transaction!!!
Corporate fraudsters wearing suits and sitting in relaxed atmosphere to loot Customers dry.

God will frustrate you.... Especially first bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2017
GTB is number one. that bank should be sanctioned for their dubious debit in costumer's account
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
xnsandrxns:
They should just warn GTB
Seems they have a personal beef for me
I thought interbank transfer charge is #50 per transaction but the always deduct #80
I get 3 sms alerts per transaction which I have to pay #4 for each.
So I pay #92 for every transaction
That's stealing
u forgot the part where they deduct 150 naira just to add a recipient for transfers.
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by thunderbabs: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
The banks re one of those controlling the world.... wink
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by friday2011(m): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
Abujaexpress:
I just opened a corporate account with Zenith Bank Plc, but when some transfered some money there(150k), I discovered they deducted about 8k from, leaving the account with a 142k balance. I have tried to reach my account officer, she has not been reached.

Pls, is it normal to deduct any money from a corporate account when it is opened?

Yes,

1. legal search fee -ranges from N6000 to N7000,

2. cheque book fee depending on the number of leaves u applied for.

And may be ATM card if its sole signatory

1 Like

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by mrkels(m): 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
AuroraB:

This is a cam mail and is certainly not from Gt
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by prodekul(f): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Zenith na the worst bank ever
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by YourWife(f): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
akanbiaa:
FCMB deducted 2000 naira from my account for buying airtime that was not successful and they did not refund it, its over 3 weeks now I have called customer care, wrote email and used their official Whatsapp chat yet money not returned , complained since June 14th 2017 and many reminders nothing have been done till date but they keep replying they are working on it.This is MTN customer care Ticket Ref. No is 82695125 that affirms I was not credited Here is FCMB tracking ID : 649086.
Call them out on Twitter... They will respond speedily
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by olujaidi: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
AuroraB:

This is an SMS sent by fraudsters not GTB or Diamond. Beware

1 Like

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by olujaidi: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
xnsandrxns:
They should just warn GTB
Seems they have a personal beef for me
I thought interbank transfer charge is #50 per transaction but the always deduct #80
I get 3 sms alerts per transaction which I have to pay #4 for each.
So I pay #92 for every transaction
That's stealing

transfers via USSD e.g *737* are based on cost recovery
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by YourWife(f): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
xnsandrxns:

What about the #80 transfer charges
And why can't they just send one sms alert?
Email could delay atimes, so it's not security wise to just rely on email notifications
Most times I get email notifications hours after my transaction

Emails actually come in faster than the sms alerts, and with more details too. Just refresh your emails, and you will see the latest ones (from your bank too).
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by olujaidi: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
damola311:
Am I the only one FBN charge for card maintenance fee since May? Very surprised, was thinking this is once in a year??

It's since been changed by the CBN guide to bank charges to N50 monthly
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by YourWife(f): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2017
juwoonn:
FIRST BANK is worst.

It will shock you to know I stopped operating my FCMB and Diamond banks, and stuck with First bank for my routine/daily transactions. They've been reliable so far! I mean, have anyone tried using Diamond Bank App when REALLY IN NEED? Those guys will so disappoint you!
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by ogundeleai(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
dingbang:
CBN as the watch dog of the financial industry should look into this
Regrettably, cbn is the brain behind all the obnoxious policy... Commercial banks can't act in isolation
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by fernandez1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2017
English teacher.......

bewla:
why spamming instead of scamming. any way naija for u any thing goes

1 Like

Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by Danfuster(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
akanbiaa:
FCMB deducted 2000 naira from my account for buying airtime that was not successful and they did not refund it, its over 3 weeks now I have called customer care, wrote email and used their official Whatsapp chat yet money not returned , complained since June 14th 2017 and many reminders nothing have been done till date but they keep replying they are working on it.This is MTN customer care Ticket Ref. No is 82695125 that affirms I was not credited Here is FCMB tracking ID : 649086.

just have your legal practitioner pen them a pre-suit letter and jejely go and submit it to any of their branch and watch how calls start rolling begging to retract your suit, while you sit sipping your red wine
Re: 80% Nigerians Express Concern Over Indiscriminate Bank Charges – Noipolls by Ebenezerk2: 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
Messages were not from those banks but 419 people, everybody receives all these messages often
AuroraB:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Make Money Buying And Selling Foodstuffs / Starting Up An IT Outsourcing Company / 11 Nigerian Banks Make Top 50 African Banks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.