Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) (12949 Views)

Boko Haram Vs Religion Of Islam / Anambra Catholic Church Massacre VS Religion Indifference / Boko Haram Vs Religion Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
spacetacular:

Same way you borrowed my "cringeworthy" on a post of yours. shocked

You think I didn't see it? It just made me laugh.
YOUR cringeworthy? grin You own the English Language? Who knew?! cheesy
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
YOUR cringeworthy? grin You own the English Language? Who knew?! cheesy

Ah he admits it. It must have been coincidental that I used the word on a thread you were on and then about 30mins later you used it to address someone in your usual blather Laden scribble.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
spacetacular:

Yadayadayada all day as drivel.
I already said that is the ONLY thing you can EVER see. The bilious blood that flows in you guarantees that outcome.

Did you notice my responses have been devoid of bile compared to yours? Now that is how to talk smart. smiley
Are you speaking to yourself now? grin Narcissus gazed into the mirror and saw his own beauty. You did the same and saw stupidity, but do not seem to be proud of it. Is that why you decided to LIE? grin

Can't say same for you.

You are becoming disjointed. Get yourself together soldier! You are beginning to whimper like a kid whose Popsicle got snatched by a bully.
Rambling of a 4-year old

Roach up (sorry man up)! grin grin
Another vomit. Digest as many as possible. Spit out the rest. Your mother was cruel. She shouldn't have fed you so many.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
I already said that is the ONLY thing you can EVER see. The bilious blood that flows in you guarantees that outcome.

Are you speaking to yourself now? grin Narcissus gazed into the mirror and saw his own beauty. You did the same but saw stupidity, but do not seem to be proud of it. Is that why you decided to LIE? grin

Rambling of a 4-year old

Another vomit. Digest as many as possible. Spit out the rest. Your mother was cruel. She shouldn't have fed you so many.

Same words each and every time. Same delivery too. Do you have eny fresh material at all?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
spacetacular:

Ah he admits it. It must have been coincidental that I used the word on a thread you were on and then about 30mins later you used it to address someone in your usual blather Laden scribble.
It must be coincidental that you used some words I used in my previous post in this nonsense you just posted. You're a fvcktard!
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
spacetacular:

Same words each and every time. Same delivery too. Do you have eny fresh material at all?
Dumb tactic. This isn't a nice way to tap out. Do it directly.

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
It must be coincidental that you used some words I used in my previous post in this nonsense you just posted. You're a fvcktard!

He admits it again! grin
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
Dumb tactic. This isn't a nice way to tap out. Do it directly.

Tap out? From my favourite pastime? I don't think so. Get used to me. cheesy
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
spacetacular:

He admits it again! grin
This idiot_ doesn't know how dumb she sounds. Are you implying that I've never heard of cringeworthy before you used it? You must have ORIGINATED the word then. Sh!t. Your stupidity is staggering.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
This idiot_ doesn't know how dumb she sounds. Are you implying that I've never heard of cringeworthy before you used it? You must have ORIGINATED the word then. Sh!t. Your stupidity is staggering.

Come on. You and I know you were staggering like you ran into a fist before I ventured on this website so don't blame me for being too dumb to see the fist you ran into.

people like you fall and hit the floor and then turn around to blame the floor saying it came up and hit you.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Joshthefirst(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
I've read your previous comments and none answered the question I asked, unless you don't understand the question. There are people who follow exactly what Jesus said in the scriptures, and will choose prayer OVER medical intervention to demonstrate their faith in God and show their unflinching trust in his power, only to end up harming themselves in the process. What do you think of such Christians? Are they wrong, even though Jesus told them that they can perform wonders and get anything they want, as long as they have the faith?
This is not a case of science vs religion. Christian religion has never declared medicine futile. So stop trying to put them against each other.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
You're getting boring. When I use more terrible words now, you'll go crying, get my post deleted, and get me banned. But I no longer have an escape route, that's why you're feeling so full of yourself, you fucking_ bastard. You'll be reduced to one screaming "vitriol".

If I am getting boring it's because you are not entertaining enough. If I wanted to get you banned I would have reported you all this while Afterall the report button is right in front of me but NO! You are my fun distraction and favourite pastime.

I am laughing all over the place here. cheesy
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Joshthefirst:
This is not a case of science vs religion. Christian religion has never declared medicine futile. So stop trying to put them against each other.
You didn't answer my question.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Joshthefirst(m): 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
TLuzzie:
You didn't answer my question.
Your question does not apply to the topic, I simply showed you how it didn't apply to science clashing with religion, and besides, you already made up your mind, and successfully derailed the thread. Start another thread and clearly state your question and it's purpose and maintain an open mind and I'll gladly clarify and answer

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by CatfishBilly: 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Since Spacetacular didn't answer my question, maybe you might.
Can prayer work in the face of an incompetent doctor?

3 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
spacetacular:

If I am getting boring it's because you are not entertaining enough. If I wanted to get you banned I would have reported you all this while Afterall the report button is right in front of me but NO! You are my fun distraction and favourite pastime.

I am laughing all over the place here. cheesy
I've had enough of your pigheadedness for now, frustrated lunatic. Go play on the highway and get crushed by something.

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Your question does not apply to the topic, I simply showed you how it didn't apply to science clashing with religion, and besides, you already made up your mind, and successfully derailed the thread. Start another thread and clearly state your question and it's purpose and maintain an open mind and I'll gladly clarify and answer
My question is related to the topic. Prayer/faith is claimed by Christians to have the same (and even greater) healing capability as medical science. So here there's a clash between Science and the Christian faith. As a doctor-to-be would you OBJECT to Christians using prayer as an alternative way of healing to medical science? That's the question.

And I didn't derail the thread. I have a partner in crime - spacetacular. The both of us are equally culpable.

If you won't be replying me on this thread, then you needn't bother. I can't open a thread for this.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
Joshthefirst:
accepted by Christians doesn't mean accepted by me.

The best way to test the efficacy of prayer is to pray yourself. Pray to the God you may have doubts about. Be open to the fact that you don't know everything, make room in your heart and don't assume you know all the answers. Pray to God to reveal himself and his truth to you, seek genuinely with a pure heart.

My answer is based on the assumption that you're a seeker at heart, and not a raver.
By far, the experience most common to many atheists is a last, desperate prayer to "God" to reveal himself.
It's usually when they are confronted with evidence contrary to their beliefs, and then they fall back to prayer, asking for personal evidence from God himself.

Of course, sometimes it works, unfortunately, it fits a probability distribution, suggesting that it's not actually the prayer that works, but the probability of having a delusional mind.

in a nutshell, your "best method" is actually responsible for producing atheists at such a fast speed than any other avenue, due to its epic failure rate. you might have to suggest something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by urheme: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Okay.

Urheme, I will become a Christian when a pastor heals an amputee. When that leg grows back

Which day you go get sense .....what if it is a babalawo that heals an amputee .

Pastors don't heal......Only God can heal.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
urheme:

Which day you go get sense .....what if it is a babalawo that heals an amputee .

Pastors don't heal......Only God can heal.

Of course amputee can't be healed. So much for a healing God
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by CatfishBilly: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Since Spacetacular didn't answer my question, maybe you might.
Can prayer work in the face of an incompetent doctor?
A classic case of "Cognitive Dissonance" is preventing Spacetacular and Joshthefirst from answering this question .
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by TheNazarene: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

For instance, we know that prayer is useless from a scientific point of view. We also know that most miracles are lies. But religion no dey gree.

Furthermore, it is logical that an omnipotent God could be the rules of nature to create miracles. BUT DOES THE SKY DADDY EXIST?

for instance, we also know that seeing before believing is suicidal from a christian point of view. We know that most theories if not all were ASSUMPTIONS that was tried over time before becoming laws. You go gree?

Yes, He does exist not only as your SKY DADDY but He is also the Almighty.

PS You might have to look beyond science to see Him because scientific toys are at best inadequate because when detect Him they read ERROR! cool
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by TheNazarene: 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by TheNazarene: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:
This thread is for Christians who are scientists, whether they are doctors, lab assistants, technicians, engineers etc.

HOW DO YOU BALANCE YOUR RELIGION WITH SCIENCE? THIS IS VECAUSE THEY CAN BE POLAR OPPOSITE AT TIMES.

JUST LOOK AT THESE QUESTIONS

3. As a geologist, wouldn't there be earth or soil under any body of water? Then how could God in genesis claim to have floated over deep waters and created the earth?

4. How do you reconcile pastors healing diseases with no cure? How can someone be healed of Aids, Ebola etc?

3. Even in swimming pools they put measurements 1m deep, 3m deep, 5m deep, 10m deep, etc. is there no solid ground under, how come the professionals in the field put it xm DEEP?

4. You don't reconcile that, you become dumbfounded and if you are demonized/possessed you begin to refute what happened right before your very own eyes but the truth remains that it happens, it happened and it is still happening.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Ermacc: 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
spacetacular:

Yes it did. I cannot be swayed by the philosophical musings of any man especially when I know it's all within the limits of HIS own mind and DESIRES. I simply develop my own musing from his own in relation to my belief and move on.
you deserve an award.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Ermacc: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
In spite of the u-turn this thread made, I really had a nice read. Learnt a whole lot. It was sad and funny seeing spacetacular and TLuzzie lashing at each other barely a week after reading this.
TLuzzie:
Great, touching, engrossing (yeah, yeah), and..... well, I'm inspired as well. Congratulations Spacetacular and more power to your elbow. It's great to see one who takes delight in altruism and selfless service to humanity. While others find it a BURDEN, you chose to make it the core of your being. And kudos to your hubby. Going by his words above, you guys are a perfect and matching couple. I believe your mum is joyous, probably just as much as you, or even more. You have my best wishes.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ermacc:
In spite of the u-turn this thread made, I really had a nice read. Learnt a whole lot. It was sad and funny seeing spacetacular and TLuzzie lashing at each other barely a week after reading this.
Lol. We already lashed at each other BEFORE then. It's just that I'm a sincere person, and whatever might have went before shouldn't stop me from saying my mind if I found worthwhile things in her story.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ermacc:
you deserve an award.

I do? How so?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ermacc:

The little runt started it and he decided to paint everywhere with his venom. I simply applied an anti venom. smiley

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by TSOM(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
-
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by Joshthefirst(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
CatfishBilly:

A classic case of "Cognitive Dissonance" is preventing Spacetacular and Joshthefirst from answering this question .
sorry for taking so long, but the answer to your question is yes of course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / Bible Prophecies: Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? / Who Is Your Biblical Hero Or Heroine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.