Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697004 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2017
BlinkyBling:
ok. A friend told me it's 10yrs sha.
Please, do one wait for the visa to expire totally b4 renewal or can do that 3 or 4 months b4 expiration of visa?

To get a 10 years visa, you must have been a frequent traveller to the US. You renew when it expires within the first 12 months of expiration.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2017
Good. I am heading to D.C too. Sent you a msg

ukrsc:
Hello house. This is the lady going for nursing course.accompanied with my little son... We Landed safely at Dulles airport Washington DC.... No questions at the Poe... I made sure I carried enough Garri, elubo Egunsi, stock Fish ,Maggi. . ... Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, advice and support.....
@ lagosismyhome. I appreciate...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 8:22am On Aug 01, 2017
Na me and am go share am winkI'm warming up for travel

LagosismyHome:

We thank God for safe travels ...... hummm all this, for only you . Where my share ..... Abeg invite me for dinner ooo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2017
folmus:

To get a 10 years visa, you must have been a frequent traveller to the US. You renew when it expires within the first 12 months of expiration.
ok. But I have read comments here about people renewing months b4 expiration. Don't know though, maybe our felllows can still throw some more light on this...
How much travel a year can be presumed frequent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2017
folmus:

ok. But I have read comments here about people renewing months b4 expiration. Don't know though, maybe our felllows can still throw some more light on this...
How much travel a year can be presumed frequent?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2017
folmus:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2017
folmus:

How much travel a yr can be presumed frequent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2017
folmus:

How much travel a yr can be presumed frequent??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 8:37am On Aug 01, 2017
BlinkyBling:

It's not a year thing bro. You don dey enter yankee since your 25th birthday, now you be 35th and you don go friendly countries tire. Enter Canada, Uk, etc like say na Ketu mile 12 you deey go, na bonus marks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 01, 2017
folmus:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 9:06am On Aug 01, 2017
Guys please does united airlines charge for extra luggage (2 bags of 23kg) for local flights?
Gurus over to you..... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chinewon88(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2017
OGreene:
grin The guy should have taken 10 minutes to type his transcript first or he should have chilled with his question till he is free to share his interview. I love your comment

Lol..This thread is like a pump and it has to be primed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femex7(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2017
Please I'm new here I want to know schools in US that accepts 3.5/7 CGPA for masters degree.Also what is the conversion grade to US grade system
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 9:27am On Aug 01, 2017
Pockets are not the same and people travel for diff purposes, some have their spouse working abroad or have a business meeting or for healthcare... and so must travel
Again, the cost of travelling is peanut to some folks. They go to those countries to relax in a calm environment unlike here, to them the benefit is higher. Some dont pay even for the travel, they are sponsored.

Another example: When the dollar margin was high, people made money just by travelling. I mean money!!! So when they are a bit broke; they plan to travel. Or they dont get to spend a dime from their pocket when they travel. It was at a point I understand, I kept wondering how they could afford multiple trips a year.
Some people have the information the rest dont have. Information is power

Many other reasons sha...

Time2Smile:

Congratulations. Please can someone enligten me, what is all the fuss about B1/B2 visa? One is only going to America to spend his/her hard earned money and then come back to Nigeria, or do people still.....................
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by espaciousay08: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2017
It is well.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 01, 2017
YorubaNigga:

Bro I have to return to the North at Ahmadu Bello University to start my exams this weekend and I am presently in Ibadan. Why are you saying I should stick to Lagos sir? Are there any consequences unseen?
you have to contact the embassy then on that. Or you refill the form online.

Why I told you to stick to Lagos is maybe you can get the visa there. And sometimes, you allow nature take its course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jason3206: 10:32am On Aug 01, 2017
Good morning house
Had my first delay 10th of July n again had my second delay 31st of July.....Both in Abuja
Was delayed last year for a B1/B2 visa before now

Here's my transcript below for yesterday, really confused

Me: Good morning
Vo: Act like she didn't hear me
Me: I ignored too
Vo: What course are u going for
Me: Master in educational Leadership/Administration
Vo: Why this school
Me: I choosed d skul coz it's ranked number one among other schools in New Mexico for successful career outcome for its students, it's also known for its renowned academic excellent, it has a low student to staff ratio which will enable me learn easily, n I'll also be working with prof James burns whom ive being in contact with right from my admission process, he agreed I joined his research group upon my arrival.
(She was just nodding, only God knows why she was nodding)
Vo: Then she stated interacting with one other new lady that she was tutoring, her attention on me was so divided. All this started from d Begining of d interview.
Vo: I noticed u applied few weeks back and was denied
Me : yes
Vo: Has anything changed since then (She meant on my ds160)
Me: No, still the same
Vo: Then she continued with her interaction with d lady, this time two other ladies. To me I was wondering if that was d right time to tutor someone.....While outside I saw her taking this same lady around showing her some certain things even before my interview......
BACK TO D TRANSCRIPT
Vo: After tutoring for a while then she asked Why should I grant u this visa?

Me: I need all the necessary skills I can possibly get in becoming a successful school administrator, thereby helping to improve on d quality of education rendered in my dad school where I work as d school administrator, This program will train me to lead a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for children at all grade level, it will also train me to motivate teachers and even students and also motivate them to work to their best potential, and set a tone for continuous development...
Vo: She looked at her screen and continued her discussion and after a while she handed me d blue paper n bla bla bla

Please people where on earth have I gone wrong?
I'm really tired and confused coz my program starts 14th of August

Plz guys help With any advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2017
Jason3206:

Good morning house
Had my first delay 10th of July n again had my second delay 31st of July.....Both in Abuja
Was delayed last year for a B1/B2 visa before now

Here's my transcript below for yesterday, really confused

Me: Good morning
Vo: Act like she didn't hear me
Me: I ignored too
Vo: What course are u going for
Me: Master in educational Leadership/Administration
Vo: Why this school
Me: I choosed d skul coz it's ranked number one among other schools in New Mexico for successful career outcome for its students, it's also known for its renowned academic excellent, it has a low student to staff ratio which will enable me learn easily, n I'll also be working with prof James burns whom ive being in contact with right from my admission process, he agreed I joined his research group upon my arrival.
(She was just nodding, only God knows why she was nodding)
Vo: Then she stated interacting with one other new lady that she was tutoring, her attention on me was so divided. All this started from d Begining of d interview.
Vo: I noticed u applied few weeks back and was denied
Me : yes

Vo: Has anything changed since then (She meant on my ds160)
Me: No, still the same

Vo: Then she continued with her interaction

You didn't change anything so... sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2017
BlinkyBling:

Nigerians are not given 10 years ..... Nigeria is 2 years

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2017
VISA Approved!!!

Thank God, its good to pray and be prepared.

Thank you so much guys

@tunnyz7
@teedawg and
@zealotre

I don't know how to thank you guys but God will bless you guys for the encouragement and for the mock interview. You guys call and chat me always and always check on me like a brother.

@walspring menh thanks a lot. The guy that encouraged me to apply immediately and be positive.

@oludare01 this guy really drilled and gingered me during mock but menh that was part of what made me step up.

@texrem thanks Bro keep up the good work and thanks for the mock.

@lagosismyhome keep up the good work you are doing here

And everyone that contributed one way or the other here God will bless you guys.

I will post transcript later. Make I rest I feel like to sleep for 48 hours lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jason3206: 11:34am On Aug 01, 2017
electronic:

You didn't change anything so... sad

I really don't understand the whole thing right now coz it seems Abuja is messed up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MackyNaija(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2017
Chapecoense:
MackyNaija
I see you are asking people to comment and contribute on ur diary
https://www.nairaland.com/3926467/naija-yankee-thoughts-experiences/1#3926467.55
You started ur experience in the diary section and there is no way people can ever comment or ask their questions there cos access is to u ONLY. Maybe u should start it in the travelling section.
Cheers.

Since I saw the quote and reply links, I felt that restriction was lifted...

Threads can be moved, lemme see it it will be sent to the Travel section. Thanks for informing me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mcabidoh(m): 11:47am On Aug 01, 2017
Hello House,

I am new here but i have seen some relevant information from this thread. I have applied for Msc Computer Engineering at Iowa state University (Spring 2018) and i indicated interest in funding (TA and RA) during the application. My GRE score is 315.
I however would like to get some useful tips on securing funding while waiting for my admission status with the grad school.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by freudianslip(m): 11:57am On Aug 01, 2017
Alhamdulilah robil alamin. Visa Approved today at Walter Carrington 6:30am batch. Transcript loading!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by DreManuel(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
mcabidoh:
Hello House,

I am new here but i have seen some relevant information from this thread. I have applied for Msc Computer Engineering at Iowa state University (Spring 2018) and i indicated interest in funding (TA and RA) during the application. My GRE score is 315.
I however would like to get some useful tips on securing funding while waiting for my admission status with the grad school.

Thanks

What's the breakdown of your GRE score?

Usually, scholarships depend on your overall profile; GRE, GPA, SOP, LOR, work experience, extracurricular, teaching or research experience. And usually you don't have to apply for them, your application doubles for consideration for financial aid.

Also, you might apply to safer schools whose GRE requirements are way lower than 315. Then your chances may be higher for financial aid.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chinewon88(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
anodebeanthony:
VISA Approved!!!

Thank God, its good to pray and be prepared.

Thank you so much guys

@tunnyz7
@teedawg and
@zealotre

I don't know how to thank you guys but God will bless you guys for the encouragement and for the mock interview. You guys call and chat me always and always check on me like a brother.

@walspring menh thanks a lot. The guy that encouraged me to apply immediately and be positive.

@oludare01 this guy really drilled and gingered me during mock but menh that was part of what made me step up.

@texrem thanks Bro keep up the good work and thanks for the mock.

@lagosismyhome keep up the good work you are doing here

And everyone that contributed one way or the other here God will bless you guys.

I will post transcript later. Make I rest I feel like to sleep for 48 hours lol

Congratulations, brother. #StCloudState #Fall17

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
BlinkyBling:
How much travel a year can be presumed frequent?..

I feel you mis-understood passport renewal for visa renewal.. but i will let the gurus throw more lights on your question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
electronic:
Guys please does united airlines charge for extra luggage (2 bags of 23kg) for local flights?
Gurus over to you..... grin

Laughhh.. Baba you too na Guru na!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kayuscares4u(m): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hello Gurus, my visa was delay yesterday. Kindly advice me on flaws.
I got to the embassy early enough around some minutes to 6am for 6:30 interview. I joined the line for verification n Security checking that was when realized i am having my passport photo with me, as a lag guy i kept silent. I got to the interview hall without my photo, people in hall are not up to 20 doing their biometric. The naija guy ushering people to the VOs jst check my docs and ask where is my passport photo, that was how i fell into the trap of this hustler. By the time i got back to the hall, i saw the crowd, i was mad wit my self.
Here is the conversation
VO -where re u going
Me-To Northeastern university for my master
VO - Do u apply to any other sch
Me - two other sch morgan state university n lasell college
VO - do u get admission from any of them
Me - yes lasell college
VO - Do u write any exam
Me - no
VO - Why
Me - it was waived
VO - Why
Me - (i did nt response on time) because of good sop
VO - how do u get to know about the sch
Me - I made an intensive search on using google to search for sch with experiential learning, then i proceed to sch website about the admission process
VO - Why the sch
Me - neu offer hands of learning components through experiential learning that will enable me to learn from the expert and widen my employability skills, Northeastern programs is certified by project management institute global accredited Center (then i paused)
VO - re u married
Me - yes
VO - how many children
Me - 1
VO- how old
Me - 3yrs
VO - is ur family going with u
Me - no
VO - what does ur wife do
Me - she into business, she is into comestic product, she a distributor of skin beauty product
VO - who is paying for ur study
Me - my father
VO - what does do
Me - he is retired lecturer but presently into haulage of petroleum product also hv a gas station.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tolumuntari: 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hello everyone!
please can anyone give me names of schools that accept second class lower in the united state for masters in business programs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.