Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696841 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 1:55am On Aug 22, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Abeg who are the sponsors of this program so they can be greeted specially

If you do the math .... this is a lot of $$ money to run this program.

Una welldone ooo. Nice one. May God replenish the pocket a million times

Amen to your prayers and best wishes.

I am sure they are all reading this and they will talk and speak when the time come.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glowrie22: 2:18am On Aug 22, 2017
Late travel Transcript.. (sorry)

I flew to Kansas City with Turkish Airlines, journey was really long with two layovers at Istanbul and Chicago. I didn't have any issues with customs at MMIA.
Someone mentioned there that I should go to the agricultural desk because I have foodstuff but I confirmed from the Turkish airlines staff that I don't need to do anything like that, so I didn't.

We left MMIA 8.45pm Nigerian time (9th August) and arrived Istanbul 5.20am Turkish time (10th August). Food was plentiful, I guess it was good too, cos others seemed to enjoy it, but I couldn't eat most of it (Thank God for my galas and other snacks I held). The entertainment on board was really good too, with all the recent movies. The layover was still 2pm and airline provided us with breakfast during the wait.

We left Turkey at 2pm and landed Chicago at 5.35pm US time ,this part was just too long (11 hours) and so I couldn't wait for it to end. The food was better during this part though.

POE was smooth, the only question I was asked is who is going to pay for my schooling, to which I replied that I have an assistantship that will cover all my fees. My bags weren't searched at all. Even the galas I thought would be thrashed sailed through.

The last leg of the trip was from Chicago to Kansas City, and we finally left around 11.30pm after the flight was delayed twice. We landed at Kansas City around 1am. I finished up the journey with a greyhound bus.

Thanks.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:56am On Aug 22, 2017
JayMartins:
Hello everyone!
I greet you all!

Please I need help. I have had F1 visa interview for 3 times. I have a student visa for Austria but have not yet started my studies there only learning the language yet.I had already 2 denials in Austria based on lack of social ties. I just came back to Nigeria to have another one but was still denied. My school in NY opens on the 28 of this August and I had an interview today been 21 of August. Please dear friends help me out.

Thanks!

You seem to lack any focus, other than running away from Nigeria. You're on a student visa in Austria yet have applied 3 times for a student visa to the US. Why? What is wrong with the Austrian schools?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 22, 2017
JayMartins:
Hello everyone!
I greet you all!

Please I need help. I have had F1 visa interview for 3 times. I have a student visa for Austria but have not yet started my studies there only learning the language yet.I had already 2 denials in Austria based on lack of social ties. I just came back to Nigeria to have another one but was still denied. My school in NY opens on the 28 of this August and I had an interview today been 21 of August. Please dear friends help me out.

Thanks!
I really don't know why The US Embassy in Austria doesn't approve visa easily. My uncle was also denied a visa there, some years ago though, even with his Austrian passport.

The man was angry but had to return to Nigeria there after and the visa was issued to him.

Where were your interview in Austria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 22, 2017
TWoods:

You seem to lack any focus, other than running away from Nigeria. You're on a student visa in Austria yet have applied 3 times for a student visa to the US. Why? What is wrong with the Austrian schools?
Man, please take it easy with your comment. You really didn't know what happened in Austria. He is not the first person to be denied a visa there.

Sometimes, you need to motivate someone in order to get the best out of him regardless of the situation.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 7:38am On Aug 22, 2017
Glowrie22:
Late travel Transcript.. (sorry)

I flew to Kansas City with Turkish Airlines, journey was really long with two layovers at Istanbul and Chicago. I didn't have any issues with customs at MMIA.
Someone mentioned there that I should go to the agricultural desk because I have foodstuff but I confirmed from the Turkish airlines staff that I don't need to do anything like that, so I didn't.

We left MMIA 8.45pm Nigerian time (9th August) and arrived Istanbul 5.20am Turkish time (10th August). Food was plentiful, I guess it was good too, cos others seemed to enjoy it, but I couldn't eat most of it (Thank God for my galas and other snacks I held). The entertainment on board was really good too, with all the recent movies. The layover was still 2pm and airline provided us with breakfast during the wait.

We left Turkey at 2pm and landed Chicago at 5.35pm US time ,this part was just too long (11 hours) and so I couldn't wait for it to end. The food was better during this part though.

POE was smooth, the only question I was asked is who is going to pay for my schooling, to which I replied that I have an assistantship that will cover all my fees. My bags weren't searched at all. Even the galas I thought would be thrashed sailed through.

The last leg of the trip was from Chicago to Kansas City, and we finally left around 11.30pm after the flight was delayed twice. We landed at Kansas City around 1am. I finished up the journey with a greyhound bus.

Thanks.

I sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 22, 2017
Walspring:

I am sure they are all reading this and they will talk and speak when the time come.
I sent you mail after you replied my PM. I need instruction on payment details. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2017
TWoods:

u go just dey talk anyhow. People are seeking visas for different reasons.
U go just dey talk anyhow.. Because a Nigerian is involved. Australian embassy dey deny UK citizen visas anyhow are u aware?.

To slap u just dey hungry me. tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2017
[Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2017
[please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Josh4wod: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello
There's $5000 Available in the USA, not sure if anyone will want to take it and give me Naira here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by skido04: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2017
I am a beneficiary of the 50% ETS discount going on, I want to thank every one involved in making this happen, I appreciate, God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by naijatisumi: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2017
Sorry HOUSE please i need answers to some question ...GURU in the house do assist Thanks
OMG I have been denied 5 times this year twice for summer admit and thrice against Fall Admit even when have coach two of my friend aside my wife now in the US...Oh well am sure my time will COME. However my question goes does>>>

1.Now i plan going on F2, REALLY NEED TO SEE MY woman before January 2018 or so cause she will be due to give birth for Oct.Meanwhile doing my F1 application i did not include the fact that my WIFE is now in the US hope I wont have issues with the F2 application

2. She run an insurance through the school where she pay 600dolls which cover 3month medical checkUP,Also the school claim they will cover 90% of the payment on delivery while she will have to pay the outstanding 10%. My challenge is hope this will not be included on her application or history that the government paid more like a medicare

3. What are my chances on F2 VISA and what exactly can be done...I just don't wish to shoot myself with any issue for now.

Please genuine answers...Forgive any typo Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chingynas: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2017
mathewakin123:
Bro please PM me your email lets talk...Thanks

copy that Thank you, have you been given admission, more over have you been given your I20 if you have gain admission and are you going for MSC or degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chingynas: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2017
[quote author=chingynas post=59713310][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Josh4wod:
Hello
There's $5000 Available in the USA, not sure if anyone will want to take it and give me Naira here?

How much are you selling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hisvoice(m): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2017
jelmusboy:
Hello house, I recently stumbled on this page while looking for info about studying for PhD in USA.

I need advice on what I can go for.

EDUCATION

Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science - LAUTECH (2:2)

MSc in Environmental and Public Health in the UK (Distinction and best graduating student)

Publications: Five and two in indexed journal (PubMed)

Three years work experience in Nigeria and just started working in the UK as a Biomedical Scientist.
Your profile seems familiar. Pm me 'Jel'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2017
DeeTus:
Man, please take it easy with your comment. You really didn't know what happened in Austria. He is not the first person to be denied a visa there.

Sometimes, you need to motivate someone in order to get the best out of him regardless of the situation.

I'm unclear what the above means. I'll simply ignore the previous uncouth poster.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2017
naijatisumi:
Sorry HOUSE please i need answers to some question ...GURU in the house do assist Thanks
OMG I have been denied 5 times this year twice for summer admit and thrice against Fall Admit even when have coach two of my friend aside my wife now in the US...Oh well am sure my time will COME. However my question goes does>>>

1.Now i plan going on F2, REALLY NEED TO SEE MY woman before January 2018 or so cause she will be due to give birth for Oct.Meanwhile doing my F1 application i did not include the fact that my WIFE is now in the US hope I wont have issues with the F2 application

2. She run an insurance through the school where she pay 600dolls which cover 3month medical checkUP,Also the school claim they will cover 90% of the payment on delivery while she will have to pay the outstanding 10%. My challenge is hope this will not be included on her application or history that the government paid more like a medicare

3. What are my chances on F2 VISA and what exactly can be done...I just don't wish to shoot myself with any issue for now.

Please genuine answers...Forgive any typo Thanks

Applying 6 times in the same year screams one thing - desperation. Why not apply as a B1/B2 and indicate you are simply going to visit? An F2 indicates you are going to stay with your wife as the dependent of a student. Neither you nor her are allowed to work (she can do 20 hours/week after the first year) so how do you explain how you both are going to survive financially?

Well i suppose i was to "motivate" you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2017
TWoods:

I'm unclear what the above means. I'll simply ignore the previous uncouth poster.
Lol, go play in a sand box and stop using industrial language. "No man is an island."

Getting Austrian visa alone is difficult. They will dig every information about you including your village.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Drocks: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2017
My friend's visa got approved this morning, thanks to God and I am Glad I am part of his success story from A to z. He's going to Ashland University,ohio for his MBA. Initially, Someone in the USA got a community college admission for him to do a certificate course,he had paid his sevis and was preparing for the embassy. And then he told me about it. Having learnt a lot from this forum, I told him guy, your chance of getting that visa with a Community college admission is very slim despite he's been to italy and Paris (travel experience) . I advised him to do a university and so he heed to my advise. We started the Ashland university process, we got the Admission and i20, transfered his sevis from the community college to Ashland university, we booked appointment for today, we trained and here today VISA APPROVED! 9am this morning.
Thanks to everyone here for all the contributions. GOD BLESSING FALL ON YOU ALL.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2017
DeeTus:
Lol, go play in a sand box and stop using industrial language. "No man is an island."

Getting an Austrian visa alone is difficult. They will dig every information about you including your village.

and this has what to do with a US visa?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
TWoods:

and this has what to do with a US visa?
There's nothing spectacular about the US visa provided that you have a good package and someone who is experienced to guide you through. Anyone cannot be denied a visa though. Do not make it sound as if the dude is senseless and does not know what he is doing.

Again, Austrian visa is tough too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Akin26: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
nevicochidinma:

I have the information i need...i just need someone already in the school or an applicant to the school have few questions regarding to one of the processes and also need to rub mind together with an applicant. Please if you have Information on that you PM me. cool cool
Got your PM and i try to respond but it did not deliver all i got was faliour notice after failure notice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by debris: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
Walspring:

Walspring please how do i contact you on this am intrested on the discount..Thank you and God bless you ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dawbbleOuEi: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2017
A big THANK YOU to the people behind the 50% discount on the GRE and TOEFL fees. I have been registered without hassle. God bless you people!
Thank you, Walspring; God bless you too. Thank you for having such a good heart.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kingbukaz: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
Please, I will likevto know if there is anyone studying Industrial and Organizational Psychology in the USA or any prospective applicant. Please I need some clarafications.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Epithet: 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
It's really nice to be a beneficiary of the 50% discount for the GRE and TOEFL fees I appreciate the benevolent individuals again and again, may God replenish your effort. By the way the GRE should better smile on me smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
jelmusboy:
Hello house, I recently stumbled on this page while looking for info about studying for PhD in USA.

EDUCATION

MSc in Environmental and Public Health in the UK (Distinction and best graduating student)

Three years work experience in Nigeria and just started working in the UK as a Biomedical Scientist.

I'm interested in PhD in Infectious Diseases. Yale, Pittsburgh, Harvard, John Hopkins, Minnesota are the universities have seen so far offering this course.

Considering the fact that these universities are highly competitive, does anyone know universities offering this course or have an idea of how I can dig deep to get more less competitive universities offering this course.

Also, I'm yet to take the GRE. Do you know of any university that does not require GRE?

Lastly, any positive advice will be highly appreciated.

Wch type of infectious diseases do u want to specialize on....m also a ladokite...I read clinical biochemistry...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by rinw: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
Josh4wod:
Hello
sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
jelmusboy:

EDUCATION

I'm interested in PhD in Infectious Diseases. Yale, Pittsburgh, Harvard, John Hopkins, Minnesota are the universities have seen so far offering this course.

Considering the fact that these universities are highly competitive, does anyone know universities offering this course or have an idea of how I can dig deep to get more less competitive universities offering this course.

Also, I'm yet to take the GRE. Do you know of any university that does not require GRE?

Lastly, any positive advice will be highly appreciated.

What wrong with attending a competitive school.?

As a uk graduate with distinction i would have thought you will be drawn to competitive and good schools moving forward...

If cost is the reason why you dont want a competitive school then that simple. Take GRE , Read very well , score high and aim to get phd with full funding

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by marshall7: 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
Walspring:

I replied your pm ever since.
hello wal,
just sent a pm now.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.