Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698380 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 5:57am On Aug 28, 2017
Ehen... What is OT on CC again self.
SSN.. is loading

wink Oludare over to you....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 28, 2017
Walspring:
Happney awon eyan Mayweather. I sight you fan of money man.
uncle edakun EPP with ielt past questions please.. Edakun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EyeowaDavid: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2017
Good morning good people on this platform. I'm really happy to read of testimonies and i pray that everyone here we have a good testimony to share. Please i just started the process of getting admission for masters, I will like to know how convert GPA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2017
ecoleco:

For more of this type of information, find the free book titled "THE PHD GRIND" by Philip Guo and read. He was a one time PhD student of Stanford University and currently a faculty of University of California San Diego.

All the best!

This might be A experience but not B experience ........ Some see all these funding as just a way to get by , do the work and go home. There is no loyalty or politics involved . I was in school of business but was working in engineering department as part of a NSF grant work. For me it was just a student job to get by ... Wetin concern me with any other thing, even their conferences that I helped organised wetin I sabi , I just do the work needed and go home . Again that was my experience which might not be others.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2017
EyeowaDavid:
Good morning good people on this platform. I'm really happy to read of testimonies and i pray that everyone here we have a good testimony to share. Please i just started the process of getting admission for masters, I will like to know how convert GPA.
if you really read the thread like you claimed then you would realize that GPA conversion was just discussed three pages ago; I just don't understand all of you with the need to lie about reading the thread before asking questions. angry

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

This might be A experience but not B experience ........ Some see all these funding as just a way to get by , do the work and go home. There is no loyalty or politics involved . I was in school of business but was working in engineering department as part of a NSF grant work. For me it was just a student job to get by ... Wetin concern me with any other thing, even their conferences that I helped organised wetin I sabi , I just do the work needed and go home . Again that was my experience which might not be others.
Aunty, "go home" as in return to Nigeria? cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dayjeee(m): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2017
EyeowaDavid:
check page 178 or 179, aunty @Lagosismyhome explained it there extensively.
cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ardedaryor(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2017
EyeowaDavid:
Seems you skip page shocked grin tongue

Try this link http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2017
lonelyhrt:
hi everyone

would love to hear from you all about my prospect am a graduate of pharmacology with cgpa of 1.75/5 have been working as a pharmacist assisitant. i intend going back for another bachelors in any medical science program.what could be my chances regarding my low gpa and interest for another bachelors degree.

i hope to hear from you all

1.75/5 is extremely low. I doubt if this can get you into any grad school in US. Take the TOEFL and SAT first, then apply for an undergrad. To be sincere with you, studying in US will break you pretty much than that in Nigeria. If you're not sure about studying, don't waste your time and resources.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
imperiouxx:

1.75/5 is extremely low. I doubt if this can get you into any grad school in US. Take the TOEFL and SAT first, then apply for an undergrad. To be sincere with you, studying in US will break you pretty much than that in Nigeria. If you're not sure of studying, don't waste your time and resources.

This same girl has gotten here, my word is : "she is confused"

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lonelyhrt(f): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
DeeTus:
How long have you been working now?

2yrs plus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by RaeMystix: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
lonelyhrt:
hi everyone

would love to hear from you all about my prospect am a graduate of pharmacology with cgpa of 1.75/5 have been working as a pharmacist assisitant. i intend going back for another bachelors in any medical science program.what could be my chances regarding my low gpa and interest for another bachelors degree.

Honestly speaking, you can not be admitted to any 4 year college in the States with a CGPA that is less than 2.00. My advice is that you go the community college route. You may have a better chance at transferring your credits in which you have a grade of C or higher. Nothing is guaranteed, but there is no sin in trying.
Just know that there a possibility that you would have to start all over again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
ponpon:

This same girl has gotten here, my word is : "she is confused"

so your eye sharp like my eye ............ world people grin grin

I hail ooo, trust you are settling in well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Spetzzy7(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Walspring:
Discounted promo offer for GRE and TOEFL is out again for just 10 people. 10 applicants will pay 50% while some poeple on this thread paying 50% but they don't want me to mention their names.

I will post further info and requirement later and if you are interested send me pm.

God bless the good people behind this. Amen

I will like to participate. What are the steps to take
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by babaklazz: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
I am interested kindly pm me bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gbemisolarh(f): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
pls house, kindly pardon me to ask this question here pls

A family of 4 is going on a vacation (B1/B2) to the USA.... Are they gonna pay for 4 visa appointment fees or just ONE cos they are going together.....

Pls an urgent answer is needed....

Pls pardon me once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
good afternoon,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mitchely: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
Good day all, please what is the most economical way to call folks back home in Nigeria from the US, my straight talk plan on AT&T does not have Nigeria on the list of International destinations I can call, and the folks in question are not the whatsapp generation ooo, so the call must terminate on their cell phone number.....Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cuspy(m): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
icool, I sight you! cool
How is it going at Texas? Hope you weren't affected by the hurricane and/floor I've been hearing everywhere? Stay safe and enjoy man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chinewon88(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Mitchely:
Good day all, please what is the most economical way to call folks back home in Nigeria from the US, my straight talk plan on AT&T does not have Nigeria on the list of International destinations I can call, and the folks in question are not the whatsapp generation ooo, so the call must terminate on their cell phone number.....Thanks.

How much is that plan? You can try Lycamobile $29/month with 100 mins to Nigeria, or the $19 plan then you can probably use boss revolution to call Nigeria on that with about 9 cents/ min.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mitchely: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Chinewon88:

How much is that plan? You can try Lycamobile $29/month with 100 mins to Nigeria, or the $19 plan then you can probably use boss revolution to call Nigeria on that with about 9 cents/ min.
Thanks....the plan is for 35/month....problem I have using Lycamobile is they only have 4g and 2g (no 3g) coverage at my location, and my current phone does not support 4g. Will checkout the boss revolution. ...Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Gbemisolarh:
pls house, kindly pardon me to ask this question here pls

A family of 4 is going on a vacation (B1/B2) to the USA.... Are they gonna pay for 4 visa appointment fees or just ONE cos they are going together.....

Pls an urgent answer is needed....

Pls pardon me once again

each person is treated as a seperate person so 4 visa fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
if you really read the thread like you claimed then you would realize that GPA conversion was just discussed three pages ago; I just don't understand all of you with the need to lie about reading the thread before asking questions. angry

In his defense, he only claimed to have read the "testimonies". All the other serious stuff is of no concern to him. It is your job to read it and spoon feed him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
oduzbaba89:
good afternoon, my father just gave me his bank statement just now, so e tells me e Will need to move some money for business so am worried. please does university in US verify bank statement, Ashland university in particular, because if they do e might have used the money for business as at the time the school verify if they do so the balance might not be able to cover the first year . so please does Ashland or US school verify bank statement. Thanks

So basically you're trying to scam them with a fraudulent account... and you wonder why they treat us like dirt.

If you don't have the requisite funds to study in the US, stay in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
Deep introspection For those genuinely going to study and those just simply "running away"

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
RaeMystix:

Honestly speaking, you can not be admitted to any 4 year college in the States with a CGPA that is less than 2.00. My advice is that you go the community college route. You may have a better chance at transferring your credits in which you have a grade of C or higher. Nothing is guaranteed, but there is no sin in trying.
Just know that there a possibility that you would have to start all over again.

Nah the sincere advice is that schooling in America isn't for everyone. If you couldn't be serious enough to earn a reasonable cgpa then learn a trade. A VO will be certain to dash her a denial with such a low cgpa.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by segunojo866: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
lonelyhrt:
hi everyone

it's possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
lonelyhrt:

2yrs plus
Add it to your admission stuff.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

so your eye sharp like my eye ............ world people grin grin

I hail ooo, trust you are settling in well
Yes I am ooh, I feel I'm eating too much so I've started fasting... And we're presently being loaded with assignments..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulbets: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
AfonjaBoston:
Deep introspection For those genuinely going to study and those just simply "running away"
Who says I must wipe my ass with paper.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
etudiant:
Please can someone recommend any good school that does not require APPLICATION FEE for MBA... Thanks

Laughhh cheesy Are you for real?? if you don't pay application fee how do you expect your application to be processed, well i have never heard or come across any school that does not require application fee. my 2cent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Mitchely:

Use KeepCalling. It'an app, and an intuitive one at that. I use it and I've had no reason to consider an alternative. Lower rates too (7.9 cents I believe)

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.