Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698915 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
chinemomah2020:

Laughhh cheesy Are you for real?? if you don't pay application fee how do you expect your application to be processed, well i have never heard or come across any school that does not require application fee. my 2cent.

There are schools that will waive application fees for you..provided you meet some criteria, or sometimes based on request. @etudiant, it's about making good use of google and/or NL search engine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by RaeMystix: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
TWoods:

Nah the sincere advice is that schooling in America isn't for everyone. If you couldn't be serious enough to earn a reasonable cgpa then learn a trade. A VO will be certain to dash her a denial with such a low cgpa.
Not everyone's destined to obtain a degree. I have seen folks that could not pass a common ESL class, but are doing great in terms of businesses . As for her, it's not too late.She could send her official transcript to WES ( nothing is impossible). A grade of D in Nigeria is viewed as a C is the US. Depending on the outcome, she could then apply to a community college, either to retake her low graded electives and general classes inorder to improve her CGPA before transferring her now new official transcript, or better yet start all over again. Graduate schools do accept mostly people with a 3:00 point and higher.....Especially when pursuing a masters degree in Science.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Go ahead submit an application, there’s no cost to you!

The Professional Master of Engineering program (10 courses) and the Graduate Certificate in Engineering program (4 courses) will offer an application fee wavier for the following terms: Winter ‘17, Spring ’18, Summer ‘18, and Fall ‘18.

Eligibility:
The application fee waiver is available to any prospective student applying to Professional Master or Graduate Certificate in Engineering programs. You can view the full listing of admission requirements and programs available for the waiver here.
https://advancedengineering.umd.edu/programs

How it works:
Start your online application here. In the Educational Intent section, select A. James Clark School of Engineering – Advanced Engineering Programs under College/School.

Complete all other required sections according to the instructions here and submit the application. The waiver will be y applied automatically.

Note:
The waiver only applies only to program listed under A. James Clark School of Engineering – Advanced Engineering Programs.
The fee waiver only applies to the submission of one application. If you apply to more than one program you will be charged for the second program.
Further application instructions can be found here.
https://advancedengineering.umd.edu/application-process

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Anna Damm, Coordinator for Admission and Recruitment, with any questions. She can be reached at adamm1@umd.edu.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Kindest regards,

Office of Advanced Engineering Education
A. James Clark School of Engineering
University of Maryland
2105 J.M. Patterson Building
College Park, MD 20742
O: 301-405-0362 | F: 301-405-3305
oaee@umd.edu | Apply Now

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2017
AfonjaBoston:
Deep introspection For those genuinely going to study and those just simply "running away"

What happened to the pant or boxer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
smithsydny:
uncle edakun EPP with ielt past questions please.. Edakun

Send me pm or you can also buy at British council or yaba or Ojuelegba.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
Spetzzy7:

I will like to participate. What are the steps to take

I posted it before but send me pm to send it to you.

But new rules now is payment before Arrow registration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
Sharles:

Note:
The waiver only applies only to program listed under A. James Clark School of Engineering – Advanced Engineering Programs.
The fee waiver only applies to the submission of one application. If you apply to more than one program you will be charged for the second program.
Further application instructions can be found here.
https://advancedengineering.umd.edu/application-process

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Anna Damm, Coordinator for Admission and Recruitment, with any questions. She can be reached at adamm1@umd.edu.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Kindest regards,

Office of Advanced Engineering Education
A. James Clark School of Engineering
University of Maryland
2105 J.M. Patterson Building
College Park, MD 20742
O: 301-405-0362 | F: 301-405-3305
oaee@umd.edu | Apply Now

Waoo.. am glad to see this, like world people will always say.. "Seeing is believing" thanks for this great info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
biikeys:

There are schools that will waive application fees for you..provided you meet some criteria, or sometimes based on request.
@etudiant, it's about making good use of google and/or NL search engine.

@Bold is good to know.. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Few weeks ago I posted about the promo offer and I stated the rules and everyone who sent me pm i posted the same to them and they agreed.

This guy with username Ceejayo sent me pm and I sent his procedure with terms and conditions and he agreed.

Since Friday I called and emailed this guy he didn't pick call even up till now then on Saturday he sent email that he will pay on Monday. I called again he didn't pick and I sent email he didn't reply until few minutes ago sending me new password that the test should cancel.

Because of people like this some people called me UNFAIR even those that have their cash ready but pm came late I didn't break rule just to justify first come first serve.

@Ceejayo I wil give you till tomorrow 4pm for your payment and if I didn't get it then the test will be cancel on a ground that a card was stolen to register the test for you so that this guys can get full refund.

By doing so then your Yankee dream is doom and its not a curse because your ETS account will forever be useless and no third party can help pay with card for you again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mitchely: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ability247:

Use KeepCalling. It'an app, and an intuitive one at that. I use it and I've had no reason to consider an alternative. Lower rates too (7.9 cents I believe)
Thanks....will check out the app.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
Walspring:

Send me pm or you can also buy at British council or yaba or Ojuelegba.
done boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Josh4wod: 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Walspring:
Few weeks ago I posted about the promo offer and I stated the rules and everyone who sent me pm i posted the same to them and they agreed.

This guy with username Ceejayo sent me pm and I sent his procedure with terms and conditions and he agreed.

Since Friday I called and emailed this guy he didn't pick call even up till now then on Saturday he sent email that he will pay on Monday. I called again he didn't pick and I sent email he didn't reply until few minutes ago sending me new password that the test should cancel.

Because of people like this some people called me UNFAIR even those that have their cash ready but pm came late I didn't break rule just to justify first come first serve.

@Ceejayo I wil give you till tomorrow 4pm for your payment and if I didn't get it then the test will be cancel on a ground that a card was stolen to register the test for you so that this guys can get full refund.

By doing so then your Yankee dream is doom and its not a curse because your ETS account will forever be useless and no third party can help pay with card for you again.

I PM you Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
Josh4wod:

I PM you Bro

I replied your pm back

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
smithsydny:
done boss

Materials sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
RaeMystix:

Not everyone's destined to obtain a degree. I have seen folks that could not pass a common ESL class, but are doing great in terms of businesses . As for her, it's not too late.She could send her official transcript to WES ( nothing is impossible). A grade of D in Nigeria is viewed as a C is the US. Depending on the outcome, she could then apply to a community college, either to retake her low graded electives and general classes inorder to improve her CGPA before transferring her now new official transcript, or better yet start all over again. Graduate schools do accept mostly people with a 3:00 point and higher.....Especially when pursuing a masters degree in Science.

She's not a US citizen or permanent resident. The US does not owe her an education so asking her to apply to a community college is moot. Community colleges aren't dumping grounds for people who didn't take their nigerian education seriously. You and I are on the same page - education isn't for everyone. I'm sure there's a job she can do or learn.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
etudiant:
Please can someone recommend any good school that does not require APPLICATION FEE for MBA... Thanks

Lagos business school.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 29, 2017
morning, m trying to pay application fees using uba debit visa card. its not going, what can I do. I need to pay asap..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 29, 2017
Walspring:

Materials sent.
seen. Thanks alot..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 29, 2017
oduzbaba89:
morning, m trying to pay application fees using uba debit visa card. its not going, what can I do. I need to pay asap..thanks
contact oga texrem for epp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 12:36am On Aug 29, 2017
whyqueu:

I have done it and it's falls on 3.06/4.0 ..

Bro send me a pm, I also faced the same situation. And on that WTAMU application, you are required to evaluate your transcript before sending it in, so you're to be blamed for that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 12:51am On Aug 29, 2017
whyqueu:

Thank you @slimmy2005 , I used the WES evaluation calculation and it's was 3.06/4.0 ..and I don't even know why they keep arriving at 2.5 and co. Despite the fact that most of the schools exempt Nigeria for TOEFL (meaning they have few Nigerians in the past) . so why are they saying this....

This was the message I got from Southern Illinois University

Dear Seun,

Your application was submitted to the committee for review but, we had no faculty member available to be your major professor and, several of the faculty felt your scores were too low to be successful in this major/degree. I have sent the decision over to the graduate school and they will notify you as well. Thank you, for considering SIUC for your academic future and, I know you will flourish in the right degree with your level of passion. I wish you the best in your academic career. 

Mary Dunmyer

Some schools are very funny with the way they handle their evaluation, an Admission Officer in one of the schools that rejected my application showed me how they evaluate transcript and it was so direct and I was left disappointed by them. He said a cgpa of 3.18/5 will be calculated as 3.18/5×4, which will come out as 2.54/4. So, as others have said it will be in your best interest to go for an official evaluation as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by whyqueu(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=Hushee post=59919649]

Bro send me a pm, I also faced the same situation. And on that WTAMU application, you are required to evaluate your transcript before sending it in, so you're to be blamed for that.[/quote

my question is that which of the schools in the US does that? we need to know those Schools ( I hope Arkansas State University don't do that ooo? because I just applied) so that future applicants do not fall in that category again.. and I have just applied to Arkansas State University.. I hope they don't do that sha... I pray Arkansas State University come out good for me.. I'm hopeful...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by whyqueu(m): 1:02am On Aug 29, 2017
Hushee:

Some schools are very funny with the way they handle their evaluation, an Admission Officer in one of the schools that rejected my application showed me how they evaluate transcript and it was so direct and I was left disappointed by them. He said a cgpa of 3.18/5 will be calculated as 3.18/5×4, which will come out as 2.54/4. So, as others have said it will be in your best interest to go for an official evaluation as soon as possible.

@Hushee I don send you PM... I think you should enlighten us more about those schools, so that future and aspring graduate student don't fall on this trap.. I also just applied to Arkansas State University and About to pay application fee for Murray State University too .. or do you guys knows if the schools mentioned above does that? I pray they don't do that ... My GPA is 3.24/5. please @Walspring, @femi312, @slimmy2005, @imperiouxx @lagosismyhome, @mjksho, @ProfOjah1234 @Sharles and co... please what's your take on this ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 1:22am On Aug 29, 2017
Is he delivering Hmmmm kinda.

... But Immigration fraud exist mainly in all these "the more you look the more you see" marriages

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/politics/trump-administration-green-cards-interviews/index.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 1:55am On Aug 29, 2017
LagosismyHome:

This might be A experience but not B experience ........ Some see all these funding as just a way to get by , do the work and go home. There is no loyalty or politics involved . I was in school of business but was working in engineering department as part of a NSF grant work. For me it was just a student job to get by ... Wetin concern me with any other thing, even their conferences that I helped organised wetin I sabi , I just do the work needed and go home . Again that was my experience which might not be others.

Lol. You're on point jare, funding na funding.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 2:16am On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=whyqueu post=59919877][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by RaeMystix: 2:19am On Aug 29, 2017
TWoods:

She's not a US citizen or permanent resident. The US does not owe her an education so asking her to apply to a community college is moot. Community colleges aren't dumping grounds for people who didn't take their nigerian education seriously. You and I are on the same page - education isn't for everyone. I'm sure there's a job she can do or learn.
That's harsh. I am not saying community colleges are dumping grounds. She could attend a community college as an international student with perhaps lower SAT scores, or just take a placement test ( I may be wrong). I know education isn't for everyone, but do you know the reason why she couldn't achieve a better CGPA ?.Don't judge. She can make it if she focuses on her studies and pray ( I do believe in prayers).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 2:19am On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=whyqueu post=59919877][/quote]

Ok, One of them is New Mexico State University. And this things also depend on the program and the number of applicants at that particular period. Also, if your gp is low and you will like to apply using your unevaluated transcript, the best thing to do is to contact a Prof before applying, so that you won't keep wasting your money and time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olayinka15(f): 2:37am On Aug 29, 2017
Please Nairalanders, Is there anyone coming to US anytime soon...pls anyone coming shd pls lemme know...thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 3:37am On Aug 29, 2017
oduzbaba89:

How much is the application fee? I am not sure the dollar limit of UBA but I know that of GTB naira card is $1000. That would be your best bet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 3:40am On Aug 29, 2017
oduzbaba89:

Contact your bank for solution or use another bank card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ikeminho18: 6:54am On Aug 29, 2017
Good morning fams pls I need help I want to do my masters in a good ND affordable university in US pls somebody shd help me so I can get admission Leta nd possible i20 thx looking forward to a response

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.