Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695765 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2017
bigfrancis21:

First, which school is that? You may need to drop it for your own benefit, someone else here studying in the school or who applied to it before may be able to better assist you. Things like a school that you applied to are not things to hide on this forum, you never can tell the wealth of information and help you may receive by being totally open.

Second, if the school needs GRE, boy they NEED GRE. You must satisfy ALL requirements to get admission. I have noticed that we Nigerians love to think that if I satisfy 3 out of 5 requirements, I don try na, they should mercy for me. Unfortunately the US system does not work that way and they have a system that applies the same requirements to everybody. It is a system based on merit. You would have to write and pass the GRE to complete your file at the school or believe me your application will remain incomplete/pending while you wait thinking admission will come in, and nothing will and the year comes to an end. Except you choose to apply to another school waiving both requirements. You better act fast.

bros, u can help me and explain what they mean..the school EAST CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OK. graduate studies in management .please house what's the possible outcome of 2.98 GP on our 5.0 scale
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2017
Observer25:

no GRE required?

Required.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2017
femi312:
Tuition waiver? Are you the dean? Most thesis masters dont get tuition waiver in UMD takeless of a one year masters program that adds nothing to the department

Trust you are doing just fine today. I am not the Dean! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vickertony(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2017
imperiouxx:

Exactly. Let's forget about the paying of due part. He seems to be saucy, that's why I backed what the other guy said. Being international students representing of a country in U.S, we need to learn to be humble and answer questions intelligently.
Well-done Boss,

Been reading your comments, seems you have experience with graduate admission,i have a few questions to ask you please!

1.I studied Accounting,can i get admission with funding, i graduated with 2.2, i know its upto 3. on naija scale of 5.0,i haven't seen my transcript, so i made the calculations my self, am serving by November, i only have statement of result and no cgpa is written on it.

2. Will i write GRE, Toefl and Sat all at once to stand a chance of getting funded by the school i apply to and what grades should i aim to stand a chance in all three exams?

3.what are my chances of remaining in the USA after my graduation?I don't want to come back to Nigeria, ever!
tongue tongue

4.Am looking at September 2018,when should i start applying for Admission?

5.I have this uncle in Missouri, do you think is better i apply to a university in Missouri in terms of Accommodation so as to stay with him,his family and other unforseen expenses?

6.This my personal Hustle, my parents don't have much money to help me out, what are my chances of ever succeeding, i know some people here are from not so rich family.

Thanks, patiently waiting for your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2017
vickertony:

Well-done Boss,

Been reading your comments, seems you have experience with graduate admission,i have a few questions to ask you please!

1.I studied Accounting,can i get admission with funding, i graduated with 2.2, i know its upto 3. on naija scale of 5.0,i haven't seen my transcript, so i made the calculations my self, am serving by November, i only have statement of result and no cgpa is written on it.

2. Will i write GRE, Toefl and Sat all at once to stand a chance of getting funded by the school i apply to and what grades should i aim to stand a chance in all three exams?

3.what are my chances of remaining in the USA after my graduation?I don't want to come back to Nigeria, ever!

5.I have this uncle in Missouri, do you think is better i apply to a university in Missouri in terms of Accommodation so as to stay with him,his family and other unforseen expenses?

6.This my personal Hustle, my parents don't have much money to help me out, what are my chances of ever succeeding, i know some people here are from not so rich family.

Well done Sir. You can get admitted with your grade sir. To get funded, you'll need only TOEFL and GRE scores for graduate studies.
You'll have to go to the exams and records department in your school so that they'll prepare your transcript fast as you can't do anything without that transcript.
Your chances of staying in the USA can be decided because overstaying will roll you outta status and you'll be living illegally.
You can't decide that you wanna school in Missouri because your uncle stays there. I believe you're man enough and should be able to cater for yourself in other States in the US.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2017
vickertony:

3.what are my chances of remaining in the USA after my graduation? I don't want to come back to Nigeria, ever!

@bold ....take it easy oooo. na so Nigeria bad reach smiley cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vickertony(m): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2017
Johnolukolade:

Well done Sir. You can get admitted with your grade sir. To get funded, you'll need only TOEFL and GRE scores for graduate studies.
You'll have to go to the exams and records department in your school so that they'll prepare your transcript fast as you can't do anything without that transcript.
Your chances of staying in the USA can be decided because overstaying will roll you outta status and you'll be living illegally.
You can't decide that you wanna school in Missouri because your uncle stays there. I believe you're man enough and should be able to cater for yourself in other States in the US.
I replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Naija matter don taya egbon. lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vickertony(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Lol grin grin please i need your input in my other Questions.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onihaxy: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2017
i'm a grateful and proud beneficiary of the TOEFL promotional offer. May God bless everyone involved in making this happen. its a promise, i will surely replicate and be part of future promotional offers to new generations on this platform soonest. Thanks to every member who took out time from their busy schedules to attend to issues on this thread. God bless.

from an addicted Ghost Reader

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
RA is not joking matter...You'll work your ass out

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Anybody willing to make payments between $50 and $52 should PM me. I'm offering it at an attractive rate cos I'm in dire need of naira now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by log1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
vickertony:

Well-done Boss,

Notthing is impossible just that you need to identify with many schools/faculty to know maybe they have fund for you

You don't need SAT since you are going for graduate studies. Don't just apply for GRE and TOEFL but ace it to stand a funding chance.

I will be worry of getting here first before thinking of that.

Most times preparation is a year to entrance year, so for you the time is now. Register for standardized exams and get your transcript ready. Once you have done that, submit your application on time like before Jan 2018

is he ready to accommodate you? does he stay close to the campus? I suggest you don't start by thinking of getting help from anyone.

That's why you need to ace your GRE and TOEFL in order to get a tuition waiver plus monthly stipend anything short of that may make your life miserable for you if you don't have sufficient money here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
vickertony:

Well-done Boss,

You're hilarious grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vickertony(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
biikeys:

You're hilarious grin
Lol don't mind me smiley grin i didn't mean it shaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vickertony(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
@ log1

Thank you very much for your input

Can you please explain what you mean by Ace GRE and Toefl..
Do you mean score very High?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
vickertony:
@ log1

Yes that's the meaning and masters admission doesn't need SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by log1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
vickertony:
@ log1

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by log1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
onihaxy:
i'm a grateful and proud beneficiary of the TOEFL promotional offer. May God bless everyone involved in making this happen. its a promise, i will surely replicate and be part of future promotional offers to new generations on this platform soonest. Thanks to every member who took out time from their busy schedules to attend to issues on this thread. God bless.

Baba, the love story writer. Extend my greetings to Bimpe o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Yarnvibes(f): 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
New to this thread.

I decided to go for an undergraduate study in the US. Computer science to be precise.

Already has an international passport. What and what do I also need or have to do??

Help a bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yarnvibes:
New to this thread.

I decided to go for an undergraduate study in the US. Computer science to be precise.

Already has an international passport. What and what do I also need or have to do??

Help a bro

why your name / profile stating F for female but you end with Help a bro

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rasengan02(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
onihaxy:

Onihaxy oko bimpe emsef.... How far......... Longest time........ Awa ti ghost riders
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Yarnvibes(f): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

why your name / profile stating F for female but you end with Help a bro

This account was actually created my boss for updating her blog contents on nairaland. Not my personal account.

U have something to say about my enquiry madam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yarnvibes:

This account was actually created my boss for updating her blog contents on nairaland. Not my personal account.

U have something to say about my enquiry madam?

nope i dont have much to say grin

For undergrad Google will be your best point of focus as there loads of information regarding schools and scholarships depending on your needs and academic ability

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by herrlicher: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
Everything here matters cos its in relative to someone else's question not a demo.
Its that simple!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
lonelyhrt:

LONG POST ALERT grin grin (i pray this becomes true @bigfrancis21 shocked)

let me start here eg:

Course unit Grade Grade Grade point
3 50C 3.0 (3*3=9)
3 44E 1.0 (3*2=6)
2 52C 3.0 (2*3=6)
2 44E 1.0 (2*2=4)
2 54C 3.0 (2*3=6)
Total course unit 12 Total unit grade 31

Total course unit Total grade point
1st yr 31 - 85.32
2nd yr 35 - 91.61
3rd yr 27 - 77.94
4th yr 24 - 67
Ext yr 33 - 92.98

Total grade point/Total course unit=2.76/4 cgpa could this be real shocked for naija 1.75cgp though lots of D's

One other thing I forgot to mention earlier is to not include your IT (SIWES Industrial training) in your GPA calculation. Due to its heavy units (as high as 10 units in some universities), WES does not include it in their GPA calculation. So if you did, take it out and recalculate again.

PS: to others evaluating their transcripts themselves, please exclude your IT/SIWES from your GPA calculation. WES does not include it in their official evaluation, so that you get an accurate GPA after calculation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abigalbee98(f): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

nope i dont have much to say grin

For undergrad Google will be your best point of focus as there loads of information regarding schools and scholarships depending on your needs and academic ability
evening ma....can you pls reply my msg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by thacokeboy: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
abeg is there anyone who applied to troy university here for undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nigerians are exceptional and wherever you find them, they shine like diamonds in the sky.

Some Nigerians are studying at the Bowie State University, in the State of Maryland, U.S. and the school has good testimonies.

About 1,000 Nigerian students are in the tertiary institution and about 100 are international students while 900 are residents.

Professor Cosmas Nwokeafor is a Nigerian and he is the Dean of the institution's Graduate School.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria that the institution has been blessed by Nigerian students.

“Most of our Nigerian students are majoring in Computer Science and Organisational Communications and many other programmes.

“And Nigerians have actually performed very well and I can tell you because I’ve been in this university for 25 years.

“When you look at the list of performance, our students have been stellar students in all facets of our graduate programmes as well as the undergraduate too.

“In most areas, many of our students have completed their degree programmes here both the undergraduate and graduate, and have advanced in other major professional fields out there.

“Their character, my goodness, if I would speak about their character based on the ones that work very close with me, you can see the difference.

“When you meet Nigerian students, you can tell they are well-mannered, very humble, respectful and mindful of their business, which is of course their education.

“Among all, there might be one or two that do not actually portray what we expect of them but a majority has actually demonstrated excellence and that represents Nigeria very well,” he said

According to him, many Nigerians who had completed their programmes in the university are medical doctors.

“Some are professional nursing practitioners and educators are out there are doing very well. A lot of our students on the undergraduate level that come from Nigeria are really doing so well.”

Robert Batten is a Senior Director, International Programmes at the university and he also spoke highly of Nigerian students in the 150-year-old university.

Batten said: “The first thing I know is about their work ethic; they are tirelessly committed to excellence.

“When they are hired for on-campus jobs, they show up early, they stay late, they ask for additional job duties; the employers on campus love these Nigerian students”.
https://www.nairaland.com/4017535/see-what-u.s-university-says#59901531

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by styrese: 12:09am On Sep 28, 2017
Please house, is there any one in or that knows someone in boca Raton, Florida, I recently got an admission to study there. I need help on how to cut cost on living expenses, which would make life easier for me there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.