Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697816 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Joan011: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
CockpitSense:
Hmmm... for MIT to admit someone.. one has to be extraordinarily good.
But then again, nothing is impossible
I love that spirit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Joan011: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
what did you smoke ?? grin grin grin
Hard work and faith in God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
chaiks:
that's interesting. I have been wondering because right now,to start registering for and preparing for GRE I'll take time.never gave it a thought on time.if 4.49 can chase a school,I I'll be glad.I have other documents and an sop under constant review.
Many people have advised you on what to do but it seems you have made up your mind, do you know how hard it is to study in the US without funding? You want to be thinking about how to pay your next rent and Tuition while also thinking about numerous homeworks, course to study and semester project? My brother/sister you don't want to experience that. Very few schools will accept IESLT, TOEFL is the most acceptable test of English in the US and its much more easier than ieslt. The earlier you follow the advice they have given you the better. You have a 4.49 gpa and you don't want to write GRE to boost your profile for funding? If you start GRE preparation today, you should be able to write it and get a decent score by Mid Dec. There are many good schools that have funding deadline as Jan 15, so you can still meet up with Fall admission cycle. I don't think you are ready. NO SCHOOL IN THE US WILL WAIVE GRE FOR YOU EXCEPT ITS ALL THOSE ONE BUILDING SCHOOLS, even international students who have had a masters degree in the US still need to submit GRE score for P.Hd application not to talk of someone that doesn't have a degree from the US. It irks me to see students with good cgpa that don't want to write GRE. You dont want to limit yourself because of lack of GRE which will make you apply to one nonsense school, there is life after school. In some schools all you have to do is your part and jobs will come while some you will have to work your ass out before you get that much desired job. The choice is yours to make.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ladson:
please am interested in the GRE and TOEFL subsidy. how do I go about it. can someone help me with well spring contact

Check your email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Epithet:
cc walspring; just an inquiry whether the TOEFL discount is still available.

Pm replied since morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ladson: 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2017
femi312:
Many people have advised you on what to do but it seems you have made up your mind, do you know how hard it is to study in the US without funding? You want to be thinking about how to pay your next rent and Tuition while also thinking about numerous homeworks, course to study and semester project? My brother/sister you don't want to experience that. Very few schools will accept IESLT, TOEFL is the most acceptable test of English in the US and its much more easier than ieslt. The earlier you follow the advice they have given you the better. You have a 4.49 gpa and you don't want to write GRE to boost your profile for funding? If you start GRE preparation today, you should be able to write it and get a decent score by Mid Dec. There are many good schools that have funding deadline as Jan 15, so you can still meet up with Fall admission cycle. I don't think you are ready. NO SCHOOL IN THE US WILL WAIVE GRE FOR YOU EXCEPT ITS ALL THOSE ONE BUILDING SCHOOLS, even international students who have had a masters degree in the US still need to submit GRE score for P.Hd application not to talk of someone that doesn't have a degree from the US. It irks me to see students with good cgpa that don't want to write GRE. You dont want to limit yourself because of lack of GRE which will make you apply to one nonsense school, there is life after school. In some schools all you have to do is your part and jobs will come while some you will have to work your ass out before you get that much desired job. The choice is yours to make.

Don't mind him, he is trying to cut cost and also saving his cool cash for another stuff or project. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ladson: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2017
have replied the mail I saw that walspring want to send me mail. I saw only that and the mail didn't send
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
paulbets:

Boss In my WES evaluation report.. SIWES as well as Project were included. 6 and 4 units respectively.

That's interesting. I just glanced at my own evaluation from 4 years ago and it was not included. I guess they have started including the SIWES nowadays. Even my undergraduate university does not include SIWES in our CGPA calculation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ubah1:

But they waived the English test for nigerians, so the test is of no need. Almost all US waive the toefl test for nigerians

They do but you need TOEFL for funding via Teaching Assistantships
Please don't make the mistake of writing IELTS for US admission. Just that I dont have time. I for show you more schools wey dey reject IELTS.
God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
folmus:

Chidinho10:

I think you should do some more research. I have gone through the admission requirements in[b] some schools[/b] and have seen it clearly stated that they don't accept IELTS. I can't remember their names at the moment.

Nawa for you o. How does one school become some and their names? Show me other schools you checked as suggested in your post. grin grin

Oga/Madam
You like argument too much
I can send you over 5 schools which I researched and discovered that they do not accept IELTS
You claimed I was lying and wanted proof. Now you don see proof dey talk another thing. I thought you said NO SCHOOL in the US rejects IELTS
I dont have anything more to prove to you. Google is your friend.
Expect no more posts from me on this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulbets: 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
bigfrancis21:

That's interesting. I just glanced at my own evaluation from 4 years ago and it was not included. I guess they have started including the SIWES nowadays. Even my undergraduate university does not include SIWES in our CGPA calculation.

My own evaluation is from 2 years ago.
I guess it didn't appear in your report because your undergraduate school does not include SIWES in CGPA calculation.
Probably WES only calculates CGPA with the courses the originating school uses...
It may interest you to know also that GST courses was not included in my CGPA calculation both in my undergraduate school transcript and WES report. GST courses are graded Pass or Fail in my school, and that was how it appeared in my WES report.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
University of Colorado Denver is waiving Application Fees of $75 from October 1st - 9th

Use code - 'OCTWAIVER17'

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ladson:
have replied the mail I saw that walspring want to send me mail. I saw only that and the mail didn't send

Try it again it will go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Miaanita(f): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
Pls when i was filling the ds160 so as to enable me book appointment (F1) under the "education section", I didn't see the the column for previous institution attended but I tried for Visit Visa (B1/B2), it showed the "previous" institution column...

What could be the cause pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
Miaanita:
Pls when i was filling the ds160 so as to enable me book appointment (F1) under the "education section", I didn't see the the column for previous institution attended but I tried for Visit Visa (B1/B2), it showed the "previous" institution column...

What could be the cause pls?

Nothing caused it, just that it is not there and it's a Normal thing because some people see that section while some didn't
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by blessurance(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
@walspring, please I need to be added to the discount list. I sent you a pm. Thanks for the good work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
Femmyy90:
Please house on differing my admission will I need to send new and updated SOA to the school again

Ya, most of the times you would have to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
aamstih:
SIWES?

The only stuff that I get A's...

Chaiiii... What would now augment for my plenty Compact Disc player angry.

Actually, wes now includes siwes in their cgpa requirement. So include it and re-calculate.

@lonelyhrt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aamstih: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
Quite a relieve but do the US schools also consider it?

bigfrancis21:

Actually, wes now includes siwes in their cgpa requirement. So include it and re-calculate.

@lonelyhrt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by thacokeboy: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
yomcy2016:
Thanks @thacokeboy

But please I still need info with respect to securing accommodation in Washington D.C.

I just PM u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
blessurance:
@walspring, please I need to be added to the discount list. I sent you a pm. Thanks for the good work.

I already replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by drhopeful: 1:13am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello dear people..... Please who has recently renewed passport in Washington DC? I need guidance. It seems New York and Atlanta are a bit more organized but those locations are too far and I am really swamped with school / house work. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by quille11: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2017
Good day everyone,

I am planning to apply for a master's prog in the US which requires one to have a 3.00 of 4.00 (CGPA in the US] evaluation system. My undergraduate CGPA is 3.40 of 5.00 (Nigerian CGPA).

I like to know if my CGPA meet up with the required one?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2017
quille11:
Good day everyone,

I am planning to apply for a master's prog in the US which requires one to have a 3.00 of 4.00 (CGPA in the US] evaluation system. My undergraduate CGPA is 3.40 of 5.00 (Nigerian CGPA).

Thanks

Your US evaluation should likely be around 2.8 to 2.9
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:28am On Oct 01, 2017
Ubah1:

Your US evaluation should likely be around 2.8 to 2.9

sorry but this is incorrect.. ..3.40 out of 5 can never be this low and will comfortablely be over 3.0

quille11 ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2017
quille11:
Good day everyone,

Thanks

credit : bigfrancis21

If you have a copy of your transcript already with you, you can do the WES evaluation yourself to see if the final , before you go ahead and pay for the official evaluation. Here is how you do it:

any A you have still remains A = 4 points
your B becomes a B+ = 3.33
your C becomes a B = 3.00 points
your D becomes a C+ = 2.33
your E becomes a C = 2 points
your F still remains an F = 0 (but do not include any failed courses as part of your calculation, only the years that you passed them).

The rest of the CGPA calculation is as usual.

A 3-unit course you made a C in (the C is now a B on the US scale = 3 points) now becomes 3 units * 3 points = 9 grade points.
A 2-unit course you made a D in now becomes C+ = 2.33 = 2 * 2.33 = 4.66 grade points
A 2-unit course you made an E in now becomes C = 2 points = 2 * 2 = 4.00 grade points and so on.

As usual, sum up all your grade points, and divide by the total number of units you did from first year to final year (excluding the units for all failed courses), that should give you your CGPA on the 4-point scale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Patrick2go: 9:13am On Oct 01, 2017
Walspring:

You can benefit from discounted promo.

Just send me pm.

Please is the discounted promo still available because I am interested as well.
Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2017
Anybody in university of New Haven?
I need info pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2017
Check this out if it interests u!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

sorry but this is incorrect.. ..3.40 out of 5 can never be this low and will comfortablely be over 3.0

quille11 ..

Okay. That's if you using WES evaluation, it may cross over that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obaxlove(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Hi Gurus,

Please for those who recently schedule their interview, can one get available interview date less than a week or it has gone up to a month.

or is there anyway one can see available date without visa fee payment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.