Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697699 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2017
alexandersherif:
Anybody in university of New Haven?
I need info pls

Anybody in university of New Haven plz?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
Good morning folks , Do forgive my asking like a novice , as I have no idea, and asking questions for help and guide is never a bad thing .. Please I have an interest, not just an interest but I am fully ready to go for a second degree in the U.S. I studied sociology and I am done with my final exams , just waiting for my results .the school has been on a certain stupid strike for over a year and half now , I don't even care anymore about them releasing my result or not as I want to go for another degree in the U.S . I am 24, and would be 25 mid next year and my question is , what requirements would I need to embark on this journey , would someone with a budget of 4 to 5 million naira here be able to execute this project? Can I still go for a degree with my age? And what do I need doing from now as I intend to be done with every requirements and ready to move by early next year (MAX).. ? I am also open to Canada and Australia, whichever would be better and cheaper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Eseblanco(m): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
paulbets:

My own evaluation is from 2 years ago.
I guess it didn't appear in your report because your undergraduate school does not include SIWES in CGPA calculation.
Probably WES only calculates CGPA with the courses the originating school uses...
It may interest you to know also that GST courses was not included in my CGPA calculation both in my undergraduate school transcript and WES report. GST courses are graded Pass or Fail in my school, and that was how it appeared in my WES report.

Biko

How do i send my transcript for WES evaluation??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
obiagbaoso:
Babe no worries...you jst have to decide on what you want..if you want schools without Gre or Gmat...it's you decision. You can still get funding when you do well at school..if you don't have enof now but still want to study abroad..then go for schools without these exams GRE GMAT IELTS. it's economical that way..then save up or study hard in your first year to get a high GPA to qualify for funding...Am sure if one could get a high gpa in Nigeria the person can do even bettet abroad. with or without these exams you can get visa and admission.

PM me if you are still interested

can I contact you please brother? Pm wouldn't work because I don't have access to that mail . If there is anyway I can contact you through I'd be glad ,

This is my email zotobarr@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
Chidinho10:

They do but you need TOEFL for funding via Teaching Assistantships
Please don't make the mistake of writing IELTS for US admission. Just that I dont have time. I for show you more schools wey dey reject IELTS.
God bless!
i don't understand this ? Can one gain admission to the US without toefl , Gre? Is it waived for Nigerians? Why are others going for this here? Also is SAT same as these exams? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Happy Independence house. Please does anybody know anything about Western Illinois university? Please help a sis. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
slinkman:
i don't understand this ? Can one gain admission to the US without toefl , Gre? Is it waived for Nigerians? Why are others going for this here? Also is SAT same as these exams? Thanks

Some schools waive those exams for Nigerians but most of them won't fund you. If you're looking for funding, GRE and TOEFL IS A MUST!!

SAT is for undergraduate programs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
Happy independence.
Naija for life.
#Onelove

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
obaxlove:
Hi Gurus,

Please for those who recently schedule their interview, can one get available interview date less than a week or it has gone up to a month.

or is there anyway one can see available date without visa fee payment?

Yes you can get available date less than a week if applicants are not rushing this time around.

You can only view first available date for interview if you didn't pay visa fee but if you pay, you will see all the dates available.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Eseblanco:

Biko

How do i send my transcript for WES evaluation??

You only send official transcript directly from your school to WES.. After payment there's a form u download, fill and send to your school requesting for transfer of your transcript to Wes..
I hope this helps..
Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Gospelozy:
Happy Independence house. Please does anybody know anything about Western Illinois university? Please help a sis. Thanks

Like what about the university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
alexandersherif:

Anybody in university of New Haven plz?

What exactly do you want to know abt the school?? However you can streamline your search for students in ur intending dept directly via fb and LinkedIn to connect if it's personal..

Best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
slinkman:
Good morning folks , Do forgive my asking like a novice , as I have no idea, and asking questions for help and guide is never a bad thing .. Please I have an interest, not just an interest but I am fully ready to go for a second degree in the U.S. I studied sociology and I am done with my final exams , just waiting for my results .the school has been on a certain stupid strike for over a year and half now , I don't even care anymore about them releasing my result or not as I want to go for another degree in the U.S . I am 24, and would be 25 mid next year and my question is , what requirements would I need to embark on this journey , would someone with a budget of 4 to 5 million naira here be able to execute this project? Can I still go for a degree with my age? And what do I need doing from now as I intend to be done with every requirements and ready to move by early next year (MAX).. ? I am also open to Canada and Australia, whichever would be better and cheaper.
Gosh!! Your school's been on strike for over a year now? Which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Eseblanco(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
align360:

You only send official transcript directly from your school to WES.. After payment there's a form u download, fill and send to your school requesting for transfer of your transcript to Wes..
I hope this helps..
Best of luck!

Thank you

Is the payment to be made to the school or to WES before i can download the form??

If you have the link, pls try and send.

I will appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Eseblanco:

Thank you

Is the payment to be made to the school or to WES before i can download the form??

If you have the link, pls try and send.

I will appreciate

... use this
https://www.wes.org/#get-started
Do your registration if u v haven't.. submit doc and make payment online to WES.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
align360:

Like what about the university?
if its a good university(Western Illinois university)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
Gospelozy:
if its a good university(Western Illinois university)

Good on what premise... tuition, funding, assistantship,accreditation, course f study, gangbanging etc ..... grin??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by schrisade(f): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
Damilare5882:
Anyone applying to Eastern Illinois University??
Yes please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Otaifo1953: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please I would like to know if saying you applied three universities in U.S and getting an admit in all is alright, even though you only applied to one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Probz(m): 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
@bigfrancis21

I don't know how in or out of your reach this is but how can I best advise someone who wants to come to the UK for a postgraduate diploma about how to get a Visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Probz(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
He's got an upper credit in public administration if that helps (polytechnic).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
Probz:
He's got an upper credit in public administration if that helps (polytechnic).

what the point going to the Uk....the opportunities after graduation is very limited for an international student.

also this post/ thread is for US Visa waka. There another one for UK , best to go find that one if The target is UK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Eseblanco(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
align360:

... use this
https://www.wes.org/#get-started
Do your registration if u v haven't.. submit doc and make payment online to WES.

Best of luck!

Thanks so much brotherly cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gospelozy(f): 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
align360:

Good on what premise... tuition, funding, assistantship,accreditation, course f study, gangbanging etc ..... grin??
cheesy alllll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by skido04: 2:32am On Oct 02, 2017
Hello gurus, please I have a question.
I have written the Toefl and preparing for the gre. but right now, that's all I'm doing. but I feel like I might be missing something. is there any other documentation I should be doing right now? I don't like being in a rush and racing against time which this might cause in the future.
also. if I can get a personal mentor who I can ask simple questions directly. I'll appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chaiks: 4:29am On Oct 02, 2017
femi312:
Many people have advised you on what to do but it seems you have made up your mind, do you know how hard it is to study in the US without funding? You want to be thinking about how to pay your next rent and Tuition while also thinking about numerous homeworks, course to study and semester project? My brother/sister you don't want to experience that. Very few schools will accept IESLT, TOEFL is the most acceptable test of English in the US and its much more easier than ieslt. The earlier you follow the advice they have given you the better. You have a 4.49 gpa and you don't want to write GRE to boost your profile for funding? If you start GRE preparation today, you should be able to write it and get a decent score by Mid Dec. There are many good schools that have funding deadline as Jan 15, so you can still meet up with Fall admission cycle. I don't think you are ready. NO SCHOOL IN THE US WILL WAIVE GRE FOR YOU EXCEPT ITS ALL THOSE ONE BUILDING SCHOOLS, even international students who have had a masters degree in the US still need to submit GRE score for P.Hd application not to talk of someone that doesn't have a degree from the US. It irks me to see students with good cgpa that don't want to write GRE. You dont want to limit yourself because of lack of GRE which will make you apply to one nonsense school, there is life after school. In some schools all you have to do is your part and jobs will come while some you will have to work your ass out before you get that much desired job. The choice is yours to make.
thanks for your timely and painstaking advice.well noted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:46am On Oct 02, 2017
femi312:
Many people have advised you on what to do but it seems you have made up your mind, do you know how hard it is to study in the US without funding? You want to be thinking about how to pay your next rent and Tuition while also thinking about numerous homeworks, course to study and semester project? My brother/sister you don't want to experience that. Very few schools will accept IESLT, TOEFL is the most acceptable test of English in the US and its much more easier than ieslt. The earlier you follow the advice they have given you the better. You have a 4.49 gpa and you don't want to write GRE to boost your profile for funding? If you start GRE preparation today, you should be able to write it and get a decent score by Mid Dec. There are many good schools that have funding deadline as Jan 15, so you can still meet up with Fall admission cycle. I don't think you are ready. NO SCHOOL IN THE US WILL WAIVE GRE FOR YOU EXCEPT ITS ALL THOSE ONE BUILDING SCHOOLS, even international students who have had a masters degree in the US still need to submit GRE score for P.Hd application not to talk of someone that doesn't have a degree from the US. It irks me to see students with good cgpa that don't want to write GRE. You dont want to limit yourself because of lack of GRE which will make you apply to one nonsense school, there is life after school. In some schools all you have to do is your part and jobs will come while some you will have to work your ass out before you get that much desired job. The choice is yours to make.

"Funding" is a misnomer. It's getting financial aid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2017
DeeTus:
Gosh!! Your school's been on strike for over a year now? Which school is that?
ksu !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 8:25am On Oct 02, 2017
Chidinho10:

Some schools waive those exams for Nigerians but most of them won't fund you. If you're looking for funding, GRE and TOEFL IS A MUST!!

SAT is for undergraduate programs
thanks a lot . Also is SAT waived ? Or a must write? GRE and TOEFL are two different exams one must write? Does it also apply for undergraduate programs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2017
skido04:
Hello gurus, please I have a question.
I have written the Toefl and preparing for the gre. but right now, that's all I'm doing. but I feel like I might be missing something. is there any other documentation I should be doing right now? I don't like being in a rush and racing against time which this might cause in the future.
also. if I can get a personal mentor who I can ask simple questions directly. I'll appreciate.
how did you apply for the TOEFL bro? How long did you wait before writing it? And where did you write ? Hw much totally was spent? Thanks bro , I'll appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2017
MasterCard scholarship for Graduate students only Fall 2018 with Michigan state university...
Do the needful if it interests you!

http://mcfscholars.isp.msu.edu/pros/applications/graduate-application/fall-2018-graduate-scholarship-application/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 9:09am On Oct 02, 2017
slinkman:
how did you apply for the TOEFL bro? How long did you wait before writing it? And where did you write ? Hw much totally was spent? Thanks bro , I'll appreciate

Connect with @ walspring(He's a good man), he ll guide u on the registration with discount.

Best of luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.