Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698694 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ChopNCleanMouth: 7:17am On Nov 20, 2017
platypelloid:

Hello boss
Have you registered with mafits before?
Are they real?
50k?
I doubt it!
I'll earnt GRE is 205 USD
So its not possible for 50k
Anyway pls do you know their address?
Thank you boss.

I had the same doubts.
I was convinced to register with them.
I did, they will even give you the textbook your require and if you're able to attend their classes, that's thrown in pro Bono for you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Respect Sir,
Baba i beg kindly recommend some of these schools that have these features to me.as in im also a doc looking out for such.

Your Supremacy Sir!!
TWoods:

I beg to differ. As a doc, he has plenty of opportunities. He can get into molecular biology, translational medicine, pathology, pharmacology, epidemiology and public health... phd programs in top tier schools here. He is almost guaranteed to get 100% fellowships (once accepted, you get a free ride to school and get paid at least $28,000 per year in stipends)... he can do this for 2 years, and get a masters - while sitting for his residency exams. He can then cross over to a residency program. Why waste your time with a cheap degree when you can get a solid degree in an ivy league that will make your residency resume even more attractive? A lot of US medical students take time off to obtain masters/phd programs in research that really boost their resumes. That's why you find a lot of MD/Phd dual degree holders in big league university hospitals - they are doctors that are also heavily involved in research. My own brother did this before starting his residency and it was of tremendous benefit to him. I am very reticent to this mentality of just looking for the cheapest path of least resistance to everything when you can certainly strive for excellence.

I would argue that bro should think about what specific area he wants to specialize in for his residency, then seek out researchers working in that area, contact them directly with his plans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2017
platypelloid:
Respect Sir,
Baba i beg kindly recommend some of these schools that have these features to me.as in im also a doc looking out for such.

Your Supremacy Sir!!

That is your job to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 7:28am On Nov 20, 2017
biikeys:

Just apply for a Canadian visit visa through CIC online. You don't need to appear at any embassy/consulate..It's usually a quick process.

TWoods:

Nothing special. Contact the Canadian consulate (i know there is one in Buffalo, NY). They used to let you mail in your passport and application but that was about a decade ago. Go online and read the instructions. Just in case you're not aware, even if your US visa has expired, you are allowed to go to Canada and return to the US, so long as you weren't away from more than 30 days.

Wow! Thanks guys! I really should plan for a week vacation sometime. I’ll look thru the process!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2017
NiklausAkins:
Well, from what I gathered I think we can start filling it, and make arrangements to pay our SEVIS fee. So once the document comes..it'll be easy to book appointment. Can we talk on whatsapp.. I need to ask some stuffs

Niklausakins, k199192 is this your first time applying for F1? You guys can start to fill the ds-160 cos you have all the info you would need. You can contact me for help if you want. chlsgt75 at Gmail dot com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by platypelloid: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Respect Ma.
Kindly suggest to me any of those cheapest schools.
I will be glad to apply.
Thanks

LagosismyHome:

Depending on your plans.....if you need the masters or phd just as a stepping stone to later move on to residency for me ooo.... there no need paying that money for ivy league . I go to the cheapest school as most people i have seen with that plan never end up using the degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2017
platypelloid:

Hello boss
Have you registered with mafits before?
Are they real?
50k?
I doubt it!
I'll earnt GRE is 205 USD
So its not possible for 50k
Anyway pls do you know their address?
Thank you boss.

205 yes is the correct fee through ets ....however some agent such as By matfit are given discount vouchers at ets hence they can register student for exactly the same exam at 50k ..... so yeah very real

http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/contact/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2017
platypelloid:
Respect Ma.
Kindly suggest to me any of those cheapest schools.
I will be glad to apply.
Thanks

Check mph programs in texas as an example or check google mph and sort based on price but very few are funded

So if you need funding then the phd advice earlier by Twood is a better option

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2017
samee72:
Hello house, I had my undergraduate degree about twenty years ago and didn't bother going back to school, but now I want to go back for my masters, do I stand a chance of getting a study visa? My bachelors degree was Bachelor of Agriculture and now I want to go for MS in Agronomy or Crop and Soil science all Agriculture fields, but I'm a business lady, running my own business, please house what do you think? I've also worked in some administrative roles in the past, should I go for MBA instead? But I really prefer Agriculture

Your UG was Agriculture why going for MBA? Ur UG, what you r doing presently, and ur intend MS must be related. That's one of the key things they look at. PM me chlsgt75 at Gmail dot com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by barnykiss: 7:57am On Nov 20, 2017
Good morning
Pls is its possible for one too opt in for an MBA in the us after graduating these same year July 12 2017 going for MBA now for spring 2018 without know work experience cause of the time limit after graduation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2017
biikeys:

What does this even mean? And high demand for an MS program?

It means that you have a good chance of getting a job after completion of your degree and the degree is hot cake.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2017
biikeys:

What does this even mean? And high demand for an MS program?

It means that you have high chance of getting a job upon completion of your studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2017
To the glory of God, VISA approved this morning at Lagos consulate, I was interviewed by the guy in window 3, 7:00am... The guy is a born questionnaire
The interview was little bit long and though but God took control and crowned my effort

Vo: good morning
Me: morning sir
Vo: Why are you going to USA?
Me: I'm going for my MBA with a concentration in Management information systems at Lincoln University California
Vo: how do you know about this school?
Me: it was recommended to me by my dad's friend who's an alumnus of the school and doing wonderful well is his business, and I visited the school website where I found out its a good school for me.
Vo: How many schools do you apply to?
Me: 3 schools, LU, UCM and university of North Carolina and LU and UCM admitted me.
Vo: Why LU and not UCM?
Me: LU is a business oriented institution that provides necessary academic foundation for their students to be competent in their field, and it also has a student faculty of ration 20:1 which allows students to learn fast and also give them easy access to their professors.
Vo: why are you going for MBA?
Me: it will equip me with the required skills to manage my dad' business efficiently when I return to Nigeria
Vo: why MIS?
Me: can't even remember the answer I gave to this
Vo: how do you intend to apply the skills aquire from this program to your dad business?
Me: i didn't prepare for this, but with confidence I compose one big story about record keeping and workers interaction.
Vo: what application do you use for record in your dad company?
Me: Microsoft excel
Vo: what does your dad do?
Me: he's into Agriculture, livestock and crop production precisely
Vo: who's paying for your study?
Me: my brother, my dad's first son
Vo: what does he do?
Me:, he's a car dealer.

Na so he carry my passport for one side and bring out the white paper, at this point I don't even understand his Grammer again

Thanks to the pillars of this thread
Lagosismyhome
Texrem
Walespring and others

I wish other applicants nothing bus success.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2017
Ijebuboy525:
To the glory of God, VISA approved this morning at Lagos consulate, I was interviewed by the guy in window 3,

I owe you a reply., apologies that i havent had time however really good to see this.. great news

congrats God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for your help, but that will be too risky for me, my appointment at the embassy is on the 6th of December.

Upandup:

Someone is coming down to Lagos with my I 20 by month end. They stay at Richmond, TX. Dunno if u can wAit till then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2017
Ijebuboy525:
To the glory of God, VISA approved this morning at Lagos consulate, I was interviewed by the guy in window 3, 7:00am... The guy is a born questionnaire
The interview was little bit long and though but God took control and crowned my effort

Me: I'm going for my MBA with a concentration in Management information systems at Lincoln University California
Me: it was recommended to me by my dad's friend who's an alumnus of the school and doing wonderful well is his business, and I visited the school website where I found out its a good school for me.
Me: 3 schools, LU, UCM and university of North Carolina and LU and UCM admitted me.
Me: LU is a business oriented institution that provides necessary academic foundation for their students to be competent in their field, and it also has a student faculty of ration 20:1 which allows students to learn fast and also give them easy access to their professors.
Me: it will equip me with the required skills to manage my dad' business efficiently when I return to Nigeria
Vo: how do you intend to apply the skills aquire from this program to your dad business?
Me: i didn't prepare for this, but with confidence I compose one big story about record keeping and workers interaction.

Na so he carry my passport for one side and bring out the white paper, at this point I don't even understand his Grammer again

Lagosismyhome
Texrem
Walespring and others

congrats ijebuboy smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by erniesail: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Lagosismyhome
Texrem
Walespring and others

Congratulations.... That same God will do it for all of us going for interview soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2017
Visa denied this morning by the guy in window 9

Vo: Good morning
Me good morning sir
Vo: why Concordia among all the schools in USA
Me: I chose Concordia because it's MBA gives me the opportunity to have dual degree by taking more than one concentrations and I was impressed by the corporate experience of their faculties such as Stacy Stinson and Tom Scholz a previous CFO at Harley Davidson and Risk analyst at Goldman Sachs respectively. (At this point he was interrupted by another lady)
Vo: Sorry I kept u waiting. So when did u graduate
Me January 2013
Vo: what course
Me: bsc economics
Vo: school
Me: Oau
Vo: any standardised test?
Me: no as it was not required by the school. My admission was based on my undergraduate transcript and work experience
Vo: since your Nysc, what have. U been doing?
Me:. I finished my Nysc in 2015 and since then I av been working at bleep which is a firm of professional accountants and we render audit service, tax and financial advisory. And I av rose from the level of trainee accountant to the level of tax consultant
Vo: why do you think this is the best time to go for your MBA:

Me: I feel this is the best time so as to equip myself with the necessary business and finance skills I will be needing for my mid managerial level and MBA finance at this point will lay a solid foundation for my CFA exam which I want to start in 2020 when am back in the country.

Vo: how many schools did u apply to?
Me: 2. Other one is Lincoln.

Vo: am sorry we cannot approve Ur visa at this time. Refer to the blue paper for the reason.

Mehn, I just felt like there is an app that can be used to determine genuineness of students.

Now I know it takes lot of courage to come here and post Ur denied transcript

Your critiques are highly welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 10:03am On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:
Visa denied this morning by the guy in window 9

Vo: Good morning
Me good morning sir
Vo: why Concordia among all the schools in USA
Me: I chose Concordia because it's MBA gives me the opportunity to have dual degree by taking more than one concentrations and I was impressed by the corporate experience of their faculties such as Stacy Stinson and Tom Scholz a previous CFO at Harley Davidson and Risk analyst at Goldman Sachs respectively. (At this point he was interrupted by another lady)
Vo: Sorry I kept u waiting. So when did u graduate
Me January 2013
Vo: what course
Me: bsc economics
Vo: school
Me: Oau
Vo: any standardised test?
Me: no as it was not required by the school. My admission was based on my undergraduate transcript and work experience
Vo: since your Nysc, what have. U been doing?
Me:. I finished my Nysc in 2015 and since then I av been working at bleep which is a firm of professional accountants and we render audit service, tax and financial advisory. And I av rose from the level of trainee accountant to the level of tax consultant
Vo: why do you think this is the best time to go for your MBA:

Me: I feel this is the best time so as to equip myself with the necessary business and finance skills I will be needing for my mid managerial level and MBA finance at this point will lay a solid foundation for my CFA exam which I want to start in 2020 when am back in the country.

Vo: how many schools did u apply to?
Me: 2. Other one is Lincoln.

Vo: am sorry we cannot approve Ur visa at this time. Refer to the blue paper for the reason.

Mehn, I just felt like there is an app that can be used to determine genuineness of students.

Now I know it takes lot of courage to come here and post Ur denied transcript

Your critiques are highly welcome.

am just trying to figure out the error...bro I think you should write one of the tests to increase your chances as a genuine student.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2017
Congrats boss

Ijebuboy525:

Lagosismyhome
Texrem
Walespring and others

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 10:17am On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks boss. Ought to have written but my ACCA exam be taking my time. Will write my last paper this December anyways. Thanks!

Sanctus1:

am just trying to figure out the error...bro I think you should write one of the tests to increase your chances as a genuine student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 20, 2017
Congratulations]To the glory of God, VISA approved this morning at Lagos consulate, I was interviewed by the guy in window 3, 7:00am... The guy is a born questionnaire

Lagosismyhome
Texrem
Walespring and others

[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dlare(f): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2017
thank you. will start immediately.

Teedawg:
you have a lot of time just start your visa process now since you have your i-20 details then schedule your interview 2 weeks from the expected date of original i-20 arrival incase it doesn't show this week smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dlare(f): 11:06am On Nov 20, 2017
thanks for the response. will start filling the forms immediately.

NiklausAkins:
This is my exact problem. I have not gotten my I 20 yet gan.. am gonna get it this week...
I was told to go ahead.. and then after getting a date for ur interview, if it's not okay with you, you ask for an emergency interview, where you'll send them a copy of ur I-20 to show the urgency.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:31am On Nov 20, 2017
Fatezee:
Morning guys, pls can i take a statement printed one month two weeks to the embassy or i have to go and get a new one??

Sure you can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Congratulations boss
pepe4reps:
Congratulations]To the glory of God, VISA approved this morning at Lagos consulate, I was interviewed by the guy in window 3, 7:00am... The guy is a born questionnaire

Lagosismyhome
Texrem
Walespring and others

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.