Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696993 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2017
infinityandzero:

Why did you repeat this 5 times?

Abi you wan ban visa

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2017
hello house,
please i am filling my ds 160 form and am going as a student(f1 visa). there is a part that talks about passport document and the options there are
regular,official, diplomatic etc, i dont know which one to choose

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ttosyne: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
platypelloid:

Hello boss
Have you registered with mafits before?
Are they real?
50k?
I doubt it!
I'll earnt GRE is 205 USD
So its not possible for 50k
Anyway pls do you know their address?
Thank you boss.

BY Mafit is real
Their office is Located at Ikeja (Awolowo house)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by marcinho11: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello mates,please I need someone to please help me with mock interviews,I intend to go for the interview early next month. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Xabibarbie63: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Please I would like to know if any one has an idea about masters of professional studies program .can international prospective student apply for MPS programmes especially in the universitbof Maryland ? Anyone with an idea on DAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
REGULAR

NiklausAkins:
hello house,
please i am filling my ds 160 form and am going as a student(f1 visa). there is a part that talks about passport document and the options there are
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:
Visa denied this morning by the guy in window 9

Vo: Good morning
Me good morning sir
Vo: why Concordia among all the schools in USA
Me: I chose Concordia because it's MBA gives me the opportunity to have dual degree by taking more than one concentrations and I was impressed by the corporate experience of their faculties such as Stacy Stinson and Tom Scholz a previous CFO at Harley Davidson and Risk analyst at Goldman Sachs respectively. (At this point he was interrupted by another lady)
Vo: Sorry I kept u waiting. So when did u graduate
Me January 2013
Vo: what course
Me: bsc economics
Vo: school
Me: Oau
Vo: any standardised test?
Me: no as it was not required by the school. My admission was based on my undergraduate transcript and work experience
Vo: since your Nysc, what have. U been doing?
Me:. I finished my Nysc in 2015 and since then I av been working at bleep which is a firm of professional accountants and we render audit service, tax and financial advisory. And I av rose from the level of trainee accountant to the level of tax consultant
Vo: why do you think this is the best time to go for your MBA:

Me: I feel this is the best time so as to equip myself with the necessary business and finance skills I will be needing for my mid managerial level and MBA finance at this point will lay a solid foundation for my CFA exam which I want to start in 2020 when am back in the country.

Vo: how many schools did u apply to?
Me: 2. Other one is Lincoln.

Vo: am sorry we cannot approve Ur visa at this time. Refer to the blue paper for the reason.

Mehn, I just felt like there is an app that can be used to determine genuineness of students.

Now I know it takes lot of courage to come here and post Ur denied transcript

Your critiques are highly welcome.
honestly this is a good transcript but to me ooo. , I feel maybe writing either toefl or gre would have given an oppurtunity or probably there's somthing wrong with the school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for the swift response.
But the travel documen number will be my passport number right??
nevicochidinma:
REGULAR

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by odewole16: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello mates,please I need someone to please help me with mock interviews,I intend to go for the interview early next month. Thanks in advance.
odewole16@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sponge3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
Your transcripts look good Albeit one major flaw; not writing any standardized test. Write the gre and u are good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sponge3(m): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:

Me good morning sir
Me: I chose Concordia because it's MBA gives me the opportunity to have dual degree by taking more than one concentrations and I was impressed by the corporate experience of their faculties such as Stacy Stinson and Tom Scholz a previous CFO at Harley Davidson and Risk analyst at Goldman Sachs respectively. (At this point he was interrupted by another lady)
Me January 2013
Me: no as it was not required by the school. My admission was based on my undergraduate transcript and work experience
Me:. I finished my Nysc in 2015 and since then I av been working at bleep which is a firm of professional accountants and we render audit service, tax and financial advisory. And I av rose from the level of trainee accountant to the level of tax consultant

Me: I feel this is the best time so as to equip myself with the necessary business and finance skills I will be needing for my mid managerial level and MBA finance at this point will lay a solid foundation for my CFA exam which I want to start in 2020 when am back in the country.

Vo: am sorry we cannot approve Ur visa at this time. Refer to the blue paper for the reason.

Mehn, I just felt like there is an app that can be used to determine genuineness of students.

Your transcripts look good Albeit one major flaw; not writing any standardized test. Write the gre and u are good to go.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
NiklausAkins:
hello house,
Choose Regular
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:

Me good morning sir
Me: I chose Concordia because it's MBA gives me the opportunity to have dual degree by taking more than one concentrations and I was

Me: no as it was not required by the school . My admission was based on my undergraduate transcript and work experience

what works for one Vo might not work for another ....... The MBA I know , I would not apply to any MBA that do not require GRE or GMAT . For me that is telling of the strength of the program so While one VO might be Ok with you not writing standardize test , another would feel that means you applied to schools which are not so good in MBA

I am not a VO so this is just my speculation . ............

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lolokike: 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello guys, please hw much is the GRE exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
lolokike:
Hello guys, please hw much is the GRE exam?

Read previous post ... this was mentioned less than 24 hours

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stanleych007: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
Please has anybody on Administrative Processing been contacted yet? Pls send email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks @sponge3 and @damilare5882

@lagosismyhome, i cannot agree less! I will go ahead and write the GRE. But with a very good score in my GRE, will i be able to get GA'ship in an MBA program from a reputable school? Thanks maa'm.

LagosismyHome:

what works for one Vo might not work for another ....... The MBA I know , I would not apply to any MBA that do not require GRE or GMAT . For me that is telling of the strength of the program so While one VO might be Ok with you not writing standardize test , another would feel that means you applied to schools which are not so good in MBA

I am not a VO so this is just my speculation . ............
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:

@lagosismyhome, i cannot agree less! I will go ahead and write the GRE. But with a very good score in my GRE, will i be able to get GA'ship in an MBA program from a reputable school? Thanks maa'm.

Yea it veey possible and for some cases it after one semester or one year . There are programs out there but you have to do the research to find it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sponge3(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
Assistantship in MBA programs are tricky and more difficult. The sciences are alot easier to get a GA. Go for it though because with a GA your visa is 90% guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sponge3(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:

Assistantship in MBA programs are tricky and more difficult. The sciences are alot easier to get a GA. Go for it though because with a GA your visa is 90% guaranteed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pbanyem: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
@lagosismyhome kindly assit with more info as i will be going for my MPH Spring 2018.

banyemp@gmail.com kindly send a mail and i will contact you or if i can get your email address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Lol, no be transfer jare. Just looking for some tags for Thanksgiving...
Ole. Well gbenusi no be Atenu.. I for say make you come ATL but going to H*l*n* house for Thanksgiving
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
goldenfresh:

Please I need information from you.
Hey sis.. I got your email. I am not in Baltimore and I don't know much about transferring. I just dey finger eldevee's brain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
dlare:

thanks for the response. will start filling the forms immediately.

never rely on an emergency interview. in most cases, it is not guaranteed. the best one should do is reschedule the interview date wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Philadelphia:

Thanks but does the score influence one's approval?
If yes, what score is permissible for approval?

I'm not a VO, but one thing I would tell you is that attempting the test even if scores are not perfect is generally perceived to help build your genuine student case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goldenfresh: 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

Hey sis.. I got your email. I am not in Baltimore and I don't know much about transferring. I just dey finger eldevee's brain

I'm not a 'Sis' and is not about transferring, just need to get some information from you please. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
aktoxine:

Me good morning sir
Me January 2013

your transcript doesn't look bad but I assure you what you say alone does not guarantee you ... you have to also consider how you presented yourself; where you bold enough, were you shaky, your facial/body expressions matters too. Even if you take standardize test and you still have flaws in your expressions, it might not be helpful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
goldenfresh:

I'm not a 'Sis' and is not about transferring, just need to get some information from you please. Thanks
Thought you the chinyere that sent me an email about transferring..

So what information do you wanna get.. Ask , I'm here bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
HonNellymike12:

It means that you have a good chance of getting a job after completion of your degree and the degree is hot cake.

I could go on and on, but really there are lots of field in high demand. What might be in high demand in a state might not be in another, so you might be making generalizations based on your locality. America is too big for you to just say 2 fields are in high demand with an MS degree. Statistics that attempt to show what is in high demand and what's not are mostly flawed; most of them just rely on the number of job openings. Most of them don't consider factors like not being a US Citizen or LPR, how many of those openings those companies intend to fill with external candidates or how soon they want them filled. The other aspect is, things change very fast-what you might think is in high demand now might not be when you graduate in 2 years.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Walspring:

Sure you can.

Thanks Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.