Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696149 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Gentlemen And Ladies.
Please which is the Bank to open a Domiciliary Account based on experience between GTB, UBA, Access Bank and Zenith.
Please consider charges and easy if service.
Thank you fam...
I believe the info would help the house.
Epistles are Welcome.... grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
gud evening, please room kindly come to my rescue, please is sevis fee of 200$ refundable? is the payment made bfr interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
oduzbaba89:
gud evening, please room kindly come to my rescue, please is sevis fee of 200$ refundable? is the payment made bfr interview?

It's not refundable. You need to show evidence of sevis fee payment during your interview so you've got to make payment before your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mine was on a Tuesday as well and i picked it up on Wednesday the following week ..Your friend should wait for 5 days ...the passport should be ready for pickup by wednesday ..Don't Panic grin grin
toniauj:
Hello house, please can you kindly provide views on this situation? Thanks in advance.

A friend's interview was approved last week Tuesday and he was given the white paper. He was told he would be contacted to go pick up. He tracked his status on Friday and some minutes ago this morning and he says it's status is on administrative processing. The normal wait time should be 2 or 3 days after interview.

Please is there any among those approved last week that has picked up their passport?Thing is he wasn't told anything other than your visa is approved and you'll be contacted to go pick it up. Gurus please what does this indicate? He is quite worried and his school resumes on August 14th.

Thanks for your views.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
Laadeh:

Victory At last! Congrats bro

Yes o, lol. Thanks dear... and for your encouragement then too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beegamer: 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
Guys, I graduated from secondary school 2015 and went to lautech for bsc. Unfortunately the school has been on strike for 15 good months. I decided to apply for admission in USA and luckily they gave me computer science. Already booked my appointment for next week

My Question::::
If they ask why am I just applying to university now? what will I say

OR

What have you been doing after your secondary school?
Any help please because I know they will ask.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
Please ladies and gentlemen in Trumpland, what mobile carrier would you advise a student that doesn't intend to spend a fortune on airtime and (especially) internet, but also needs internet freedom/privacy... even the possibility to use a vpn if one so desires and ability to share hotspot with one's laptop?

Is it AT&T? T-Mobile? Sprint? Sim card-giving companies instead? (I don't know their names), etc? Your insight will be invaluable o. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
Beegamer:
Guys, I graduated from secondary school 2015 and went to lautech for bsc. Unfortunately the school has been on strike for 15 good months. I decided to apply for admission in USA and luckily they gave me computer science. Already booked my appointment for next week

OR

Any help please because I know they will ask

Only you can or should come up with answers to those questions now.

It's not a good idea to have people here come up with lies to help you answer such questions.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Beegamer:

OR

While waiting for your school to call off the strike, you must have learnt something.. or doing something. Eg, did you register somewhere to learn some basic computer packages? Did you at any time read up courses or materials online on computer science, like MOOC courses? anything? How exactly have you have spent the past 1 year and 3 months, if you don't mind? So I can give you an example from that

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Beegamer:

OR

Dude, you've got a couple of reasons on why you want to study in the US.

First, tell the VO your school has been on strike for more than one year. Say more than one year instead of 15 months in order to make it sound loud. The future looks uncertain.

Second, the school is poor in term of infrastructures. Talk about modern facilities. Go to the website of the school in America and see if you can see one of the facilities and talk about it as an example.

There are many more reasons to give you, but due to time, I will stop here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ability247:
Please ladies and gentlemen in Trumpland, what mobile carrier would you advise a student that doesn't intend to spend a fortune on airtime and (especially) internet, but also needs internet freedom/privacy... even the possibility to use a vpn if one so desires and ability to share hotspot with one's laptop?

Is it AT&T? T-Mobile? Sprint? Sim card-giving companies instead? (I don't know their names), etc? Your insight will be invaluable o. Thanks in advance.

Type Lycamobile,ultra mobile in the search box. There have been lots of posts on that.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beegamer: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thanks DeeTus

DeeTus:
Dude, you've got a couple of reasons on why you want to study in the US.

First, tell the VO your school has been on strike for more than one year. Say more than one year instead of 15 months in order to make it sound loud. The future looks uncertain.

Second, the school is poor in term of infrastructure. Talk about modern facilities. Go to the website of the school in America and see if you can see one of facilities and talk about it as an example.

There are many more reasons to give you, but due to time, I will stop here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyday: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Beegamer:

OR

In fact, America's looking for motivated peeps like you. Just say what you've just said here. And that you've learnt how a US Education can get you closer to your dreams of studying CS. If not for the strike, you won't have any need to travel abroad for studies. Which makes perfect sense, in your case.

You mean, instead of sitting down and whining about how Buhari refused to pay the lecturers, you 'took the law' into your own hands, and applied to schools in the US. Esp CS. It takes some guts.

PS: For more on the experience of studying in the US, go here: https://educationusa.state.gov/experience-studying-usa/experience-studying-usa

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by klawaaa: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
Please, were you offered any assistantship?
Pasblack:

No deposit was made
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ability247:

Depending on which state you are going, your best bet is Lycamobile's $19 plan,its cheap and its going to serve you till when you settle and you decide to choose other carrier or plan. The $19 plan comes with 100mb data,unlimited calls and text within the US. You can also call about 60 countries too, but Nigeria is not included. You can only call Nigeria's landline on the $23 plan and higher plans. You can try Tmobile's $27 plan too which comes with unlimited call and text within US but no data, the $45 tmobile plan comes with 3gig data. But if you ask me, Lycamobile's $19 is the way for a new student till you settle and decide to choose any other plan or carrier. You can always port from carrier to carrier within 1day. If you are not driving soon, you don't need to worry about data since most apartment (all utilities included) and schools have wifi you can always connect automatically too.You should order the lycamobile plan on there website and it comes with a free sim, with that one guy in the mall wont scam you to pay activation fee/sim etc. I am always an advocate of do it yourself except the issue requires an expertise you don't have.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
For flight bookers I believe this will help..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by texrem(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Na baba God do am again oo..

VISA APPROVED>> wink cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
texrem:

Congratulations again oo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
texrem:

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by floraine: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Edakun !!! Help help

I typed well structured English no one replied

Please who is looking for or knows anyone looking for a roommate in northwest Houston , a female

Kindly reply

Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
floraine:
Edakun !!! Help help

I typed well structured English no one replied

Please who is looking for or knows anyone looking for a roommate in northwest Houston , a female

Kindly reply

Regards

I personally wont reply to those who dont give back..... ask questions but little thing like post transcript so others can learn...radio silence

It not so much as the response self but just to note the questions asked. Imagine if everyone kept quiet angry

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LanrayMasters: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good day,

I need help/advice from my fellow nairalanders.i am currently confused.
I intend to move to the USA soon for further studies,I have a Bsc,Mba and almost 10 years banking experience.
I am considering another MBA because it will give me an edge(the few months internship will give me an opportunity to get US work experience).however I do not have the funds to pursue an MBA,don't know how to write MBA essays or scholarship etc. I am looking at school in Texas,especially Texas A & M other schools are welcome too.anyone that can help with all the rudiments of the admission process will be appreciated.i am ready to put in my best for GMAT prep.
Masters in Public Health(MPH) I am looking at concentration in Health management ,was considering it as an alternative option.this will enable me contribute to the health sector in Nigeria and the world at large.looking to get employed in top organizations like WHO,or as a consultant to hospitals,issue is also funding and application process.

I would like advice and tutoring from fellow nairalanders that have gone through the processes and if they can help in any way possible ranging from exam prep,application writing etc.

Counting on you guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ability247:
Please ladies and gentlemen in Trumpland USA, what mobile carrier would you advise a student that doesn't intend to spend a fortune on airtime and (especially) internet, but also needs internet freedom/privacy... even the possibility to use a vpn if one so desires and ability to share hotspot with one's laptop?

Try Metropcs..... $30 is $30 per month and if 2 lines, $25 is $25.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
femi312:
Depending on which state you are going, your best bet is Lycamobile's $19 plan,its cheap and its going to serve you till when you settle and you decide to choose other carrier or plan. The $19 plan comes with 100mb data,unlimited calls and text within the US. You can also call about 60 countries too, but Nigeria is not included. You can only call Nigeria's landline on the $23 plan and higher plans. You can try Tmobile's $27 plan too which comes with unlimited call and text within US but no data, the $45 tmobile plan comes with 3gig data. But if you ask me, Lycamobile's $19 is the way for a new student till you settle and decide to choose any other plan or carrier. You can always port from carrier to carrier within 1day. If you are not driving soon, you don't need to worry about data since most apartment (all utilities included) and schools have wifi you can always connect automatically too.You should order the lycamobile plan on there website and it comes with a free sim, with that one guy in the mall wont scam you to pay activation fee/sim etc. I am always an advocate of do it yourself except the issue requires an expertise you don't have.

I won't do that Tmobile. They start with you at a very low cost, at the end of the month, you pay more than you bargained for. Also, there is $20 reconnection fee on every line you have with them...... They are horrible and with lot of hidden charges.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beegamer: 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
Okay, I'll include it in my interview. Thanks

happyday:

In fact, America's looking for motivated peeps like you. Just say what you've just said here. And that you've learnt how a US Education can get you closer to your dreams of studying CS. If not for the strike, you won't have any need to travel abroad for studies. Which makes perfect sense, in your case.

You mean, instead of sitting down and whining about how Buhari refused to pay the lecturers, you 'took the law' into your own hands, and applied to schools in the US. Esp CS. It takes some guts.

PS: For more on the experience of studying in the US, go here: https://educationusa.state.gov/experience-studying-usa/experience-studying-usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Airich01(m): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
Beegamer:

OR

Didn't you just tell us the reason?.... Now you will have to expound better ,be careful not to bad mouth your country tho.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kennyanderson: 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
In LUTH, Community Health Outpatient Clinic
Okay, thanks a bunch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
imperiouxx:

I won't do that Tmobile. They start with you at a very low cost, at the end of the month, you pay more than you bargained for. Also, there is $20 reconnection fee on every line you have with them...... They are horrible and with lot of hidden charges.
Used them for 10months, never had this issue with them. I was always paying $45 plus Tax, when I changed to the $25 plan, there was no extra charge still. Maybe you did a family plan or something.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by emmy994: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
DeeTus:
Why did you say your uncle then?

Yeah, next week is okay but make sure you prepare adequately. Visa fee is relatively high.
DeeTus:
Why did you say your uncle then?

Yeah, next week is okay but make sure you prepare adequately. Visa fee is relatively high.
I told him she is into real Estate and she also owns a large farm. I won't lie to u that 64k no b small money. I have noted my flaws and am working in them. More contributions wud be welcomed. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I personally wont reply to those who dont give back..... ask questions but little thing like post transcript so others can learn...radio silence

It not so much as the response self but just to note the questions asked. Imagine if everyone kept quiet angry
@lagosismyhome please check your mail,i messaged you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2017
femi312:
Used them for 10months, never had this issue with them. I was always paying $45 plus Tax, when I changed to the $25 plan, there was no extra charge still. Maybe you did a family plan or something.

Yes, it's for family of two. I started using Tmobile since the first week I landed US as a single line for 2.6 years and then change to family (2) plan after I married and used them for over 3 years, making over 5 years total. They are fantastically horrible..... lot of hidden fees, charges and $20 reconnection fee for every line. You can't understand your bill.... You won't know what you're missing until you switch.

Now they started advertising that no more hidden charges... everything is included because their old customers have started dumping them for another network. Tmobile is notorious for hidden charges and their customer representatives are cocky..... I don't know if they've changed now but Tmobile will always be Tmobile (established company).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by laekzy: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
MrChillz:

Go to your appointment booking page. You should see a link to update your profile on the top left hand corner. Update your DS160 confirmation number and reprint your appointment confirmation page.

Okay thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.