Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696866 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
Oseni007:
Hello people of the world, I want to pay my enrollment fee of $400 via Flywire and will reimburse with Naira equivalent.
Cc Texrem, imperiouxx,Lagosismyhome,oluDare01,walspring.
Thanks.

Maybe texrem and the rest can help you with this. I don't need naira at this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by naijatisumi: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
All thanks to those that contributed to my issue yesterday...God bless you so much,I was relieved and YES the I can do it mentality struck me once again.

Here is my question I was rejected twice for Summer Admits and twice for Fall Admits at the Lagos consular. My School resumes Aug 16th 2017 M trying to reschedule for another interview next-week God willing. My question goes thus...Should I go ahead or just chill till later next year.

Aside the fact that I don't....wanna miss out this admission....My wife is preggy and will be due for OCT/NOV note she's staying LEGIT on F1
too ,really need to be there for her, just blank on what to do

Please HOUSE advise..GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TheGreat342: 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
segunojo866:
Glory be to God almighty Finally got approved . What a wonderful day. No time, am not the transcript posting type but will quickly drop this one. Ignore all those hustler trying to stample my documents. Enter the embassy and did all clarification. Can really remember the window number but was interviewed by that White man with bears. Vo: have i interviewed you before. Me: no sir. Vo: how many schools did you applied to? Me: four. VO : why cwu. Me: I choose cwu because i was awarded an academic merit scholarship which makes the tuition fee very affordable for my parents. Furthermore i also ( VO cut in) what qualify for this scholarship. Me: my excellent grades from highschool transcript and also my tests scores. Vo: who is sponsoring you. Me: my dad. Before know I will be approving your bla bla bla and gave me the special paper. It's all God. Never give up. Imagine it's my 3rd attempt but God did it

You decided to share your approval transcript but you were delayed twice and you didn't share your transcript. Please, post your delayed transcript. Let others learn. I was thinking you'll not be applying again after a post which look like you giving up. Anyways, congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
naijatisumi:
All thanks to those that contributed to my issue yesterday...God bless you so much,I was relieved and YES the I can do it mentality struck me once again.

Here is my question I was rejected twice for Summer Admits and twice for Fall Admits at the Lagos consular. My School resumes Aug 16th 2017 M trying to reschedule for another interview next-week God willing. My question goes thus...Should I go ahead or just chill till later next year.

Aside the fact that I don't....wanna miss out this admission....My wife is preggy and will be due for OCT/NOV note she's staying LEGIT on F1

You can re fire next week... may the Lord see you through

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
mojohnny:
Hello guys.
My sister is going for her interview tomorrow.
She applied to only one school for her masters and she got in.
Please what's the best response she can give.
Thanks in advance

Hi!

I think your sister should be ABSOLUTELY clear on why she only applied to one school. Perhaps she could state that she considered other schools but felt that this was the only one that met her requirements. She should be clear on what her requirements were.

Are you comfortable saying what school she got into or the ranking of the school? The reason I ask is my friend was also in the same situation but she got her visa approved last month. She only applied to Harvard and she got in. She said she wasn't even asked why Harvard. Apparently it is self-evident. If your sister got into a top school like that, it could also influence the VO.

All the best to her and God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
naijatisumi:

Well I'd say you should go again since it wasn't what you said that caused your denials, it's what you didn't say. So pray to God and ask him to open your mouth when you're in front of the VO. And also tell God you want to be directed to the VO that'll approve your visa. And you'll get it by his grace.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adewotired: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
gaviria:
Please, for someone with a one way ticket where's the best place to change Naira to Dollars asides from mallam?

You can buy from the bank... Just show them your admission letter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
naijatisumi:

pray against forgetting your lines.. Plz dont go blank this time.. Godspeed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Beautyaddy: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Don't mean to butt in here.

Gaviria and AfonjaBoston, both of you need to please stop derailing this informative thread.

Please Justwise do the needful ASAP. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
naijatisumi:

You can go again but try to be more relax and know VOs are like me and u ... the interview should be just like a one to one conversation and its no biggie

Dont put too much pressure on been there for your wife. That only adds to mental pressure . You need to get to a point where you can be relax and just focus on answering the questions. If i was free i would have had some mock telephone conversation but sadly i am not. Anyway if you go again remember its important that you relax and open your mouth and just keep talking . Although responses that answers the questions well. Only you can sell yourself and if you cant speak for yourself then nobody can . You just have to

Although a part of me feels since you gone twice this fall, and 4 times this year , maybe you wait a bit but only you can make that decision if you are mentally ready to try again or not .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Fenix:

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about the denial. I find it to be very strange that you would be rejected for having one masters already. The only reason I can think of is that your first masters looks very similar to the masters you are going in for.

If money is not an issue, I think you can re-apply for next week and you should strongly think of what story to tell for applying for another masters that appears similar to what you already have.

It is well! God bless you.

Thank you and God bless! I do not think the VO even understands that the masters are related because the I-20 does not show admission in chemical engineering but the Major which is generic category i.e. Biological and Physical Science the degree falls under; even the admission letter that I never had the opportunity to present shows masters of engineering in biopharmaceutical processing. The old woman had the fixed notion of why would I want to go for a second degree. I can only hope for grace next time because I am contemplating the latter option available to me and elucidate further on that if I the VO doesn't interrupt. The 64k not a small money though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
NefT:
VO: why another Masters?
ME: I stammered which is very unlike me, I couldn't come up with something concrete, I was scared, although I didn't portray it, I tried to pick up myself. I was motivated by my current job role which actually involve working in a pharmaceutical company, I failed to elucidate further on this. And I intend to set up a biotech company in the future, trust I wasn't articulate and I was hoping she will move to another question where I felt I was well prepared for.
VO: I am sorry bla bla......... handed me my passport with the blue paper..... if u are ready to pursue your study in the US you can apply for a PhD degree.
ME: I was shocked even with my $20000 scholarship trying to explain, I just said to myself move on the blue paper had been issued already. Trust the entire process is barely 3 minutes, it was brief. The American dream clear for my eyes! I was not happy left gallantly but dejected and I said to myself, if it is PhD admission you want I will get you just that. I must also admit I wasn't articulate and the reasons I gave was not a strong one.

It's been quite some time since I commented on transcripts last but I was compelled to do a quick reading through your transcript and write because I saw biochem, molecular cloning etc, which is the area I studied, researched and got my masters.

You became scared and started stuttering because your consciousness tells you "I told you going with a second masters degree for someone of your profile would be met with disdain". I know you know this before going to the embassy. The truth is, it makes no sense to spend thousands of dollars to have a second masters in a related field as the previous one.... with little or no upgrade. I won't give you the visa either. Going for a second masters in an unrelated field may have even attracted good consideration. A PhD would have won you the trophy with little sweat.

You sounded brilliant and it's good you know where the problem lies, and I hope you would work on it. If you go again with the same I-20, you might meet a VO that may be interested in how articulated you're or you meet one that would still think like the first VO ..... chances of visa approval or denial is always 1/2.

Continue to stay positive, work on your mistakes if you have time. I wish you the best of luck in your future trial.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by abujaniv: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hi Foreigntraveler. I work at the US Embassy in Abuja. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to contact American Citizen Services:
https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Best regards.

Foreigntraveler:

Well it's been about half and half regarding the number of trustworthy people that I've met and the amount of people trying to scam me. It's pretty messed up but thanks for confirming my fears that I'm pretty much f 'ed in this situation no matter what I do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks you Ma.
LagosismyHome:

Good decision to get the original Asap by DHL . Do not take the risk

Contact the school directly ....... They will best guide you on how they ship out their i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
yes bro, i have contacted the school...I'm waiting on their reply
ProfOjah1234:

Bro, save yourself from any future stories that touch, Quickly mail your school TODAY to send your i20 through DHL, you will get it before your travel date..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Okay bro thanks ..
Teedawg:
Go to DHL office here in Nigeria they do international pick up tell the school about your plans, so they will give you the address the pickup man can come get it.... also explain to the dhl you want it in like 3days so that last last in five days it will be available...
2) if you know someone arround the school that can pick it up and send via dhl it will work to..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
imperiouxx:

The truth is, it makes no sense to spend thousands of dollars to have a second masters in a related field as the previous one.... with little or no upgrade. I won't give you the visa either. .

same here, I agree..........even when I see people going from one BSc in naija to another BSC abroad (where it is way more expensive) it makes no sense to me . although yes some have valid reason.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
You people should stop quoting long posts angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
thanks
Oseni007:
Virgin island and US is in the drop down menu,you create an account,find your school if they are affiliated and fill the form for fund transfer.
I have attached a sample of a payment receipt made in June. Looking for a better option because the man charged at #400.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
I just gotten my bachelor of medical laboratory science degree from Niger delta university. I havnt gone for my internship and service, but still want to study medicine and surgery in USA. I m not financially bouyant. I m also searching for any opportunity and any university in USA that grant this course to any foreign alien on scholarship. Pls person with better info should help out.

Pls I m begging!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cmbagwu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
Visa delayed this morning 26/7/2017 at windows 4 at Lagos consulate. NB: when a VO Nods his/her head, please don't be confused. It's not a sign of affirmation, it might simply means "I can hear you, continue your super story". Anyways, Transcript goes thus:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, and how're you?
Me: I'm doing great and I'm sure you are too.
VO: Oh yes I am. Pass me your i20, sevis payment and passport.
Me: passed them
VO; what's your highest level of education?
Me: BSc in political science
VO: when did you finish?
Me: 2011
VO: what have you been doing?
Me: I have been working with different organization. I worked with Losberger GmBH, xyz bank but presently I'm with ABC bank as a Customer Service Executive
VO: So why Masters degree now?
Me: when I joined ABC bank, I drew up a 10 years career plan which is to work for three years, go for masters for two years then come back home to apply the skills learnt in the next 5years before running for public office as a councilor. The VO "nods head"
VO: So how did you find out about the school?
Me: A colleague of mine who just came back from his study leave recommended the school to me and I also used educational websites like usnews and Princeton review to check the ratings and reviews about the school and other schools.
VO: So why public affairs?
Me: Public affairs is a sub field of my undergraduate which is political science and it's in line with my short term and long term goals. It will help me to learn the analytical... VO cuts me.
VO: So you have a job waiting for you when you return?
Me: Oh yes, I'm going for a study leave.
VO: so have you travelled outside the country before?
Me: No please, haven't had a reason to.
VO: who will be covering for the tuition expenses?
Me: My dad will sponsor and I will also assist as I have been saving up for this program.
VO: Dis you get any assistantship
Me: No please.
VO: May I please have both statement of accounts.
Me: passed them. He looks at them for a while and typed on his computer for a while then passes it back to me.
VO: I don't think I will be able to approve your visa today.
Me: oh, no problem, it's okay. Have a great day(not from my heart though)

Got out and went to the car park, then my car refused to start.. village people, una well done oh. Spent money I didn't budget. But it's okay. Ready to fire again. The VO just wanted to be a tough nut to crack. I will crack it up this time around. Any corrections please? So I could change formation and do the necessity.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Time2Smile(m): 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
NefT:
I have been a silent follower of this forum. Regrettably, I  have been delayed a Visa this morning at the US consulate for the 6:30a.m appointment. My greatest fear actually came to pass; I was denied on the basis that I already hold a masters degree in Chemical Engineering and that why would I want to go for another masters degree‎. 
I would say schedule another interview and be ready to articulate why you are going for a second masters degree. If you can talk about your career path the way you elucidated it in your post then you will get your visa. Although you have to be concise and work on delivery. There are numerous ways of saying the same thing.

If you don't go for another interview you wouldn't have given this a good shot, especially with your scholarship. Good thing is you would definitely get another VO. Let's hope you get a sympathetic one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cmbagwu(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lest I forget, I was told to talk about the state "New Mexico" I'm traveling to after requesting for my account statement. I had to ask the VO "please are you referring to the school or the state and he said "The state itself" I became confused but I just said the little I knew "New Mexico is in the rural part of the United states and their economy is quite affordable compared to other cities. I think this sold me out.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by phdmscbsc: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
TO GOD BE THE GLORY....HALLELUYAH
I HAVE ARRIVED SAFELY,

Nairanlanders,( i which i can mention all the monikers to show how i appreciate everyone)
i thank you guys for your support,help and encouragement for the success of the previous stage of the journey,

and now, another stage of the journey begins, b4 i start a need some rest.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NefT: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
LagosismyHome:

same here, I agree..........even when I see people going from one BSc in naija to another BSC abroad (where it is way more expensive) it makes no sense to me . although yes some have valid reason.

Thanks @LagosismyHome. I want you to know that I pondered on this before deciding to go for this second masters, the offer is just too tempting to reject. I believe this program offers a better job prospect and of course it will help boost my professional and career development in this emerging and lucrative business of biologics development and production. Biotechnology is the rave of the moment in the US and all over the world; 8 of the top 12 selling drugs in the world are biologics.
Also, mote that my masters is with no clear cut specialisation and I have good reasons to go to the US because there is no institutions in Nigeria offering a masters engineering degree in biopharmaceutical processing.
I decided to go for this course because the top 3 states in the US with high concentrations of biotech companies are: Boston, California and New Jersey and this school is located in California with a strong industry collaboration; as a matter of fact additional lecturers are brought as adjunct faculty from pharmaceutical companies around just to keep the program updated with latest trend. Students have business cards and this school has packaging, there are special job fares held where u get to meet business men and industry experts and exchange cards and network.
Moreover, you are assigned two advisors when admitted: an academic and industry expert for academic and professional development. They also offer to give me a collateral free loan of 41000$. Why would they want to give a foreigner loan? Of course dem blief say jab sure die. I can always pay back 10years after graduation with an interest rate that is as low as 8 percent. From statistics 90% of people that offer this course are usually employed with an annual average salary of 65-70K.
I thought about all these coupled with the fact that it is a 2years program and a PhD is a minimum of 3 years if the Nigerian masters will be put into consideration and valued over there. But come to think of it the essence of going to US is for career development and professional network which should translate to tangible benefits. Me no wan go dey read book too much with no prospect of jab after grad o!
Lest I forget, there is a course called the Capstone Team Design Project which is industry sponsored and of course the internship which provide one with a veritable platform for professional network and OPT offer after graduation; students participate in a paid internship between the first and second year of their program. The 10-12 week internship salaries range from $15-$35 per hour, with students averaging $8,000 or more earned during their summer internship. Not only is the summer internship a way to gain experience and draw a salary, but 45% of MBS and PPM graduates report that their summer internship directly helped them find a job.
Please think about all these, who would not grab this offer?

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Attention seeker go and sleep ..biko i have important matters to attend too grin grin
AfonjaBoston:

I see you are one of those low esteem worshippers of men

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.