Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698388 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AzKelvin: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING (7:00am)!. IF YOU GUYS COULD RECOLLECT, I WAS THE GUY THAT POSTED LAST WEEK ABOUT BEING SPONSORED BY A FAMILY FRIEND. WE NOT REGULAR! FULL TRANSCRIPT LOADING...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please house what is the meaning of the number of applicant on my schedule interview because the number of the applicant is (1)... undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tomisinobm(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
AzKelvin:
VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING (7:00am)!. IF YOU GUYS COULD RECOLLECT, I WAS THE GUY THAT POSTED LAST WEEK ABOUT BEING SPONSORED BY A FAMILY FRIEND. WE NOT REGULAR! FULL TRANSCRIPT LOADING...

Bangdadadang grin
Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
AzKelvin:

Nice... believable is all you need grin

Congrats May God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Zodam16: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Congrats dear. I pray mine goes well too next week. This Abuja people have destabilized me. But its well. Please did you use your old DS160 or did you fill out a new one for your appointment in Lagos? Would really appreciate your quick response

Teminiyii:
Hey guys, I really want to say that this forum helped me greatly, my visa was approved today(7:45am) at the Lagos state embassy, after denying me a B1/B2 visa last year and also delayed at Abuja embassy last week Thursday a F1 visa but here I am today giving thanks to God Almighty for his love and mercy towards me. It was just pure favour and God's grace I received today. I also want to use this opportunity to thank Mrchillz, Ability247, blacnewton, eniolorunfe, Texrem, lagosismyhome and segun for ur contributions in one way or the other to the success of my visa. God will continue to bless u guys. Amen

My transcript goes this:
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning nd how was urnyt.. fine
Vo: Tell me about ur travel plans
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in mathematics with a specialization in applied statistics at Cleveland state university... Am required to earn 36 credit hours over a period of 24months and I'll be taking courses like... Vo cuts....
Vo: Let's make it simple... what re u going for?
Me: Am going for my masters in...... as mentioned above
Vo: why Cleveland state university?
Me: I chose Cleveland state university cos their mathematics and statistics department offers a good research and curriculum that's inline with my career pursuit wch will be apathway to achieving my career goal as a data analyst.
Vo: what's ur research on?
Me: Developing a robust method for analyzing data also developing a user friendly software that offers flexibility for data manipulation.
Vo: what do u intend to do with this course?
Me: I intend to work in a telecom company due to rapid increase in phone users in Nigeria, my skills and experience gained will help in analyzing sales report and also make good market research that will be productive in helping my company make a better business decision.
Na so she start to read my Ds160 form for like 2mins the next thing wey I hear na the magic word oooo.... that ur visa has been approved.. e be like say na d only thing wey I hear be that.
Before the interview was just singing all things re working for my good and it's intention and indeed God made everything work for my good. You're a failure only wen u fail and u refuse to stand again... And put God first in everything even wen it seems that nothing is working trust me God is working. Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onicemus1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
naijatisumi:
All thanks to those that contributed to my issue yesterday...God bless you so much,I was relieved and YES the I can do it mentality struck me once again.

Here is my question I was rejected twice for Summer Admits and twice for Fall Admits at the Lagos consular. My School resumes Aug 16th 2017 M trying to reschedule for another interview next-week God willing. My question goes thus...Should I go ahead or just chill till later next year.

Aside the fact that I don't....wanna miss out this admission....My wife is preggy and will be due for OCT/NOV note she's staying LEGIT on F1
too ,really need to be there for her, just blank on what to do

Please HOUSE advise..GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Pls refire asap.. I'm sure you're well prepared.. we all here anticipate on ur success transcript.. good luck sir smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oseni007(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks, Texrem came through.
imperiouxx:

Maybe texrem and the rest can help you with this. I don't need naira at this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Topiipii(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
I wanted to post this yesterday, but was busy reading this part from page 1 to the current one. I usually check my topics after work so there wasn't enough time to read through the entire thread yesterday.

My sincere thanks to the all those who posted their transcripts as well as the members who gave out tips on how answer questions. I prepared for this interview by reading the part 10 visa transcripts uploaded in the last part by justwise.

Visa approved yesterday morning, 7am appointment.

I left my workplace at 6.30am, because I had to drop my bag. I got to the embassy at 6.55am, promptly joined the 6.30/7am queue and went through the verification process. It finally got to my turn around 8.05am, I was interviewed by a young lady in window 2 and the whole process lasted for about 2 minutes.

V.O: Please pass me your passport and I-20

Me: Drops my passport with the I-20 and SEVIS fee confirmation paper inside the tray/bowl before realizing I was not asked for the SEVIS
confirmation, but decided to keep quiet.

V.O: Why do you want a Masters degree?

Me: (Paused for a bit) I want a masters degree because I am interested in carrying out research in control systems, my research areas
include robotics, UAVs, autonomous systems and machine learning.

V.O: So you're interested in machine learning?

Me: Yes

V.O: Where did you obtain your undergraduate degree?

Me: Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife

V.O: Why did you choose Colorado State University?

Me: I chose Colorado State because of two Professors, Professors Edwin Chong and Tony Maciejewski. Prof. Edwin Chong does research in
autonomous systems, network control stammers a bit here while trying to recall some of his research projects) and target tracking and
acquisition so I quickly move on to the next prof. Prof. Tony's research areas are in robotic control and robotic vision.

V.O: (She was typing while I spoke) picks white paper and passed it to me with my I-20 and SEVIS confirmation. Your visa will be ready in 3
working days.

Me: Thank you (and walks out).

Note: Those hustlers at the embassy are very convincing, it takes a lot not to fall for their tricks. My advice to anyone going for his/her interview is to ignore those people completely as has been advised several times here. If by chance you have to ask for directions, ask any policeman or security personnel you see around the area because those hustlers seem ready to capitalize on any opportunity they see.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akins2016: 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
Teminiyii:
Hey guys, I really want to say that this forum helped me greatly, my visa was approved today(7:45am) at the Lagos state embassy, after denying me a B1/B2 visa last year and also delayed at Abuja embassy last week Thursday a F1 visa but here I am today giving thanks to God Almighty for his love and mercy towards me. It was just pure favour and God's grace I received today. I also want to use this opportunity to thank Mrchillz, Ability247, blacnewton, eniolorunfe, Texrem, lagosismyhome and segun for ur contributions in one way or the other to the success of my visa. God will continue to bless u guys. Amen

My transcript goes this:
Me: Good morning nd how was urnyt.. fine
Vo: Tell me about ur travel plans
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in mathematics with a specialization in applied statistics at Cleveland state university... Am required to earn 36 credit hours over a period of 24months and I'll be taking courses like... Vo cuts....
Vo: Let's make it simple... what re u going for?
Me: Am going for my masters in...... as mentioned above
Vo: why Cleveland state university?
Me: I chose Cleveland state university cos their mathematics and statistics department offers a good research and curriculum that's inline with my career pursuit wch will be apathway to achieving my career goal as a data analyst.
Vo: what's ur research on?
Me: Developing a robust method for analyzing data also developing a user friendly software that offers flexibility for data manipulation.
Vo: what do u intend to do with this course?
Me: I intend to work in a telecom company due to rapid increase in phone users in Nigeria, my skills and experience gained will help in analyzing sales report and also make good market research that will be productive in helping my company make a better business decision.
Na so she start to read my Ds160 form for like 2mins the next thing wey I hear na the magic word oooo.... that ur visa has been approved.. e be like say na d only thing wey I hear be that.
Before the interview was just singing all things re working for my good and it's intention and indeed God made everything work for my good. You're a failure only wen u fail and u refuse to stand again... And put God first in everything even wen it seems that nothing is working trust me God is working. Thanks

Congrat bro, I am also in statistics program here in bowling Green State University Ohio. I am 2hrs drive away from Cleveland I think we have some things in common. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glurssymum: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello house I was denied today and have made another payment to reschedule appointment because my school resumes next month. Can someone help me with how to navigate on the scheduling appointment page as my old appointment is still there and not allowing me schedule another. I will appreciate your swift response as this is very urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mojohnny(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
She got into Texas A and M University.
She applied there because the requirements aren't exactly hard to meet I.e. They didn't require Toefl or GRE.
Fenix:

Hi!

I think your sister should be ABSOLUTELY clear on why she only applied to one school. Perhaps she could state that she considered other schools but felt that this was the only one that met her requirements. She should be clear on what her requirements were.

Are you comfortable saying what school she got into or the ranking of the school? The reason I ask is my friend was also in the same situation but she got her visa approved last month. She only applied to Harvard and she got in. She said she wasn't even asked why Harvard. Apparently it is self-evident. If your sister got into a top school like that, it could also influence the VO.

All the best to her and God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Femmyy90: 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Glurssymum:
Hello house I was denied today and have made another payment to reschedule appointment because my school resumes next month. Can someone help me with how to navigate on the scheduling appointment page as my old appointment is still there and not allowing me schedule another. I will appreciate your swift response as this is very urgent

Post your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
mudi1012:
yes bro, i have contacted the school...I'm waiting on their reply
Biko send reminders, if possible spam them with repeated mails.. Tell them your travel date is near.. You have nothing to lose..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
thanks,i have sent countless of emails and also called them ..Truly my flight date is actually near
ProfOjah1234:

Biko send reminders, if possible spam them with repeated mails.. Tell them your travel date is near.. You have nothing to lose..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teminiyii(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
Zodam16:
Congrats dear. I pray mine goes well too next week. This Abuja people have destabilized me. But its well. Please did you use your old DS160 or did you fill out a new one for your appointment in Lagos? Would really appreciate your quick response

I filled a new one...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mjksho(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Is anybody travelling to JFK through Egypt Air on August 1st? Let's connect. Send me a PM.

I intend to write about the experience and share photos. Maybe even do some reviews. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by damiliano(m): 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
Evening house,pls if one get a study visa to Texas but wants to travel first from Nigeria to Newyork to see his family for 2-3days before returning to Texas for school(before school resumes), will this be a problem at all.or at any point of entry pls??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oseni007(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sorry about the refusal, please post your transcript for people to help you critically analyze. To schedule another appointment you will need to wait 24hrs for the old interview booking to wipe from your profile dashboard afterwards you click on schedule new appointment and fill appropriately. Better still after filling your new DS form go to your profile and click update profile from the dashboard,remove the old DS form number and insert the new old. Best of luck on your next interview.
Cheers.
Glurssymum:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chapecoense(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
mjksho:
Is anybody travelling to JFK through Egypt Air on August 1st? Let's connect. Send me a PM.

I intend to write about the experience and share photos. Maybe even do some reviews. wink
Hey, unfortunately Iam not flying August 1st. Please do post pictures, share ur experience and do a review, It'd be really cool. I intend to do same too..
Cheers bro.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
TheGreat342:

You decided to share your approval transcript but you were delayed twice and you didn't share your transcript. Please, post your delayed transcript. Let others learn. I was thinking you'll not be applying again after a post which look like you giving up. Anyways, congratulations!

That tells you that those that have courage to post their denials are the true comeback winners.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by patovicy2k(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello,
Please I need a contact in Oakland, California.
Please try and help a brother o.
God bless You.
It is very urgent.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
feels good to be back , to the center of "Grace" , Twoods, Greetings grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
Abeg where can one find cheaper flights? My destination is Chicago Airport and the prices I'm seeing on travelstart.ng are mind-boggling shocked Like half a million and above

Also, can anyone comment on the services of Turkish Airways? From flight experience to layover experience to food
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oseni007(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Contact the moniker @ Starboy2016 and Awesu122.
Cheers.
patovicy2k:
Hello,
Please I need a contact in Oakland, California.
Please try and help a brother o.
God bless You.
It is very urgent.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
NefT:

Thank you and God bless! I do not think the VO even understands that the masters are related because the I-20 does not show admission in chemical engineering but the Major which is generic category i.e. Biological and Physical Science the degree falls under; even the admission letter that I never had the opportunity to present shows masters of engineering in biopharmaceutical processing. The old woman had the fixed notion of why would I want to go for a second degree. I can only hope for grace next time because I am contemplating the latter option available to me and elucidate further on that if I the VO doesn't interrupt. The 64k not a small money though.

Bro, we are in this together. I am also going for my second masters degree. The first I had was in finance and now I am going for a masters in education policy. Totally different fields.

Here is what I think. It is up to you to decide what you feel is best for you, not the VO. You should really think whether another masters will truly get you where you want to be. Perhaps going for a PhD straight is the better option. In the end though, it is up to you. Whatever decision you make, follow through fiercely. You have a scholarship of $20,000. Fight for that. Apply again.

I pray that it ends up well with you bro. God bless!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adewotired: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello... I am going to arrive in Baltimore on the 3rd/4th of August. I need a little place to stay/rent for about two weeks before dorms open and would love to know the costs

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by shakol91(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
folmus:

Check again. No message. Chebi I don give you the requested materials.
Yeah, I've gotten the stuff, just have few things to discuss with you about prepping, that's what the second pm is about. Pls check your inbox for the 2nd pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
damiliano:
Evening house,pls if one get a study visa to Texas but wants to travel first from Nigeria to Newyork to see his family for 2-3days before returning to Texas for school(before school resumes), will this be a problem at all.or at any point of entry pls??

No. The problem starts if you don't show up or contact your school after resumption.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kodeya(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please what is the difference between Appointment confirmation and the DS-160 form. I don't understand o. The file attached in the confirmation email I recieved is the same as the DS-160 form I printed after my visa application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glurssymum: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
Oseni007:
Sorry about the refusal, please post your transcript for people to help you critically analyze. To schedule another appointment you will need to wait 24hrs for the old interview booking to wipe from your profile dashboard afterwards you click on schedule new appointment and fill appropriately. Better still after filling your new DS form go to your profile and click update profile from the dashboard,remove the old DS form number and insert the new old. Best of luck on your next interview.
Cheers.

Hello everybody. I went for students visa interview with my hubby on F2. I need to travel with him as we are young couple without any kid. Please gurus in the house kindly analyse my transcript.

Me: Good morning
Vo: he is ur husband?
Me: yes mam
Vo:What's ur highest qualification
Me: B. Eng mechanical engineering
Vo: when did u obtain it
Me: 2010
Vo: why did it take you 7yrs to further ur education?
Me: mam it's actually 5yrs because I completed my Nysc in 2012. Meanwhile, after graduating as top 3 from my department my school showed interesting absorbing me as a lecture but I needed industry experience to be a better engineer before going back to the classroom. So I feel it is the right time to advance my degree so I can actualise my lecturing ambition.
Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I have been working as an engineer. I worked with
xyz company as project engineer and currently with xyz company as maintenance supervisor
Vo: why are u going for ur masters
Me: I want to invest in my future and also actualise my quest for research works so that I can contribute to existing knowledge as undergraduate studies only prepares students to understand and apply existing knowledge.
Vo: How many schools did unspoken to?
Me: 3 mam (new jersey institute of technology, Morgan State University and California state university Los Angeles)
Vo: so only Morgan State university admitted u
Me: no mam I also got admitted by California state university
Vo: why did u choose Morgan State university
Me: because asides having an exceptional curriculum that suits my program of study, they also have provision for facilities, equipment and resources suitable for my research exploration which is on..... So cuts in
Vo: how many years have u been married?
Me: 3yrs
Vo: any kids yet?
Me: none mam
Vo: any relatives in the US?
Me: yes mam (my big cousin, my mum's sister and my mum's brother)
Vo: where do they stay
Me: they all stay in Bowie maryland
Vo: sir, whats ur occupation
Hubby: am a mechanical engineer
Vo typed for sometime and told us sorry mam u don't qualify for a non immigrant visa as u show no ties with your home country. She then handed me a blue paper of denial under section 214b.
Please house, I have paid to apply alone this time because I truly want to go for studies. I would appreciate ur advice on better ways to get my hubby come with me, I can't concentrate if we are living separately. We have been married for 3yrs but have lived together for just 1yr because we both work at different states before I resigned to join him. So I don't want us to be apart again.
Please help a sister.

I am very sorry for the long post but just had to table it down the way it is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MackyNaija(m): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
smithsydny:
y didn't u post it here?

It will disrupt this thread...

Very long and boring posts I am making and for now I am planning to update till first semester is done. So there will be lots of posts coming in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.