Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) (52056 Views)

Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / Bus Driver Shot Dead As Gunmen Kidnap Passengers In Rivers. Graphic Photos / Fulani Herdsmen Attack, Rob Passengers On Benin-lagos Expressway (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
we cant own guns to protect ourselves yet the police can't protect us.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Khutie:
cry ...and he kissed his children, promising to buy 'em goddies when coming back...He ain't gonna fulfil that promise again, not that he doesn't love his kids buh some cruel miscreants took away the most precious thing he ever had "HIS LIFE". Nigeria is a nation widowt an emotions. R.I.P
we both know he didn't kiss his kids...
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Austin234(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Oh! What a country? No job, No security, No good road, No electricity, No food, No job security, kiddnapping every where, boko haram menace, fulani herdsmen menace. What a country?

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Thank goodness they showed some respect for the dead this time. By at least covering his corpse. I'm tired of seeing 'graphic pictures' everywhere. RIP to the driver.

[/color]In the words of my dear mentor
'When you finish your degree, run! Run as fast as you can away from this country! It has nothing to offer you. There's no hope- trust me. I've been hoping since the 70s[color=#990000]

When you have a country where robbers are bold enough to attack during the day, you should know something is seriously wrong. Where are the security operatives? Along that same road, they will be there to set up checkpoints and greet 'Ogas' for N50. But when the real threats came by, they were nowhere to be found.
True sad
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by ITCareer14: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Need a website?
Real quick and affordable too?
Why dont you contact the webjagabans and let us work for you?

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by hardbody: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
einsteino:
my God, that area is a very dangerous axis. I ran into armed robbers there a month ago and by God's grace I escaped by the whiskers. There is rarely a week that goes by without a robbery incidence at okada -Ogbemudia farm axis of lagos - Benin road. The Police is aware of its notoreity but cares not.

That is if the 'police' are not the robbers.

Satan cannot catch satan.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by 48noble(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
fratermathy:

This tale is terrifying. Why would they shoot a mother and son? Was it deliberate or just stray hits?

The girl that was nearly raped is very lucky. Rape seems to be common place nowadays. What really happened?

@thread: another disastrous road is the Sapele-Agbor road (around Amukpe-Okpara Waterside Axis). Robbery occurs there almost everyday. Fulani Herdsmen have completely overrun Abraka-Benin road.

the bullets were intended for the driver who disappeared on the spot only to reappear on brief undies when this armed robbers ve gone. and the police? that's story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by goodluck813(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
a fail nation

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
SonsOfLiverpool:
God will not

He expects us to organize ourselves and form a better society with the brain he gave us.

He expects us to have security operatives on ground who will work for the betterment of all.

God has given us enough. cool

This comment is awesome smiley .....
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by komekn(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
einsteino:
my God, that area is a very dangerous axis. I ran into armed robbers there a month ago and by God's grace I escaped by the whiskers. There is rarely a week that goes by without a robbery incidence at okada -Ogbemudia farm axis of lagos - Benin road. The Police is aware of its notoreity but cares not.

What I don't understand that particular axis has been a den of robbers for over twenty years.

Everybody knows it, so why can't something be done.

May I suggest police implicit collusion turning an intentional blind eye, for inducement.

Or is that too far fetched for the Nigerian police.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by glories: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
My bus just escape the canage through bush path to Benin city and still trying come out of Benin hold up

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
48noble:

the bullets were intended for the driver who disappeared on the spot only to reappear on brief undies when this armed robbers ve gone. and the police? that's story for another day.
Are you saying the driver disappeared literarily as in jazz or he jumped out of the vehicle?
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by innocential3032(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
The same road that I lost my mopol friend on 16 last most , was kill by ARM robber ........

Gat me thinking sef

They shld ve like 10 army check point between Lagos to Benin . Because the rate of ARM robbery there is getting worst .......

My frnd was taking his late uncle corpse to d village on 16/06/2017 n arm robber attack n killed him with two other people ........

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by bethyz(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Am there now. In fact it's terrible. I think military people are on the road to clear it

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by holluphemydavid(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
olaolulazio:
This is too bad....

R.I.P to d dead!

.We won't walk when d road needs blood!
Amen oooooo
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by ibkonekt(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
in nigeria...you have to protect and provide for yourself in everysense of the word

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by rightwingz: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:
Angry bus drivers have blocked the Benin-Ore-Lagos Road after an armed Robbery attack in the early hours of Friday left one driver dead and one passenger seriously injured. According to reports, the incident occurred around Okada area of Benin, Edo state.

The corpse of the driver who was killed was laid on the floor as the protesters called on the presence of security operatives on the road.
They also demanded that Governor Godwin Obaseki should address them physically.

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/07/benin-lagos-road-shut-down-as-armed.html

Nigerians are problem to Nigeria................... They don't know what they want.
The same people calling for police to stop road block are now calling police.

We need more police. In my opinion, Army should be on highways too not only police because we have a crime society.
Nigeria is the only country in Africa that Armed robbers can rob bank successfully.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by jayloms: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
A thread on some dangerous (ruthless armed robbery) spots on our highways will keep frequent travellers well informed on how best to journey on those routes. Something really has to be done and fast.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by joey150(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Thank goodness they showed some respect for the dead this time. By at least covering his corpse. I'm tired of seeing 'graphic pictures' everywhere. RIP to the driver.

In the words of my dear mentor
'When you finish your degree, run! Run as fast as you can away from this country! It has nothing to offer you. There's no hope- trust me. I've been hoping since the 70s.'

When you have a country where robbers are bold enough to attack during the day, you should know something is seriously wrong. Where are the security operatives? Along that same road, they will be there to set up checkpoints and greet 'Ogas' for N50. But when the real threats came by, they were nowhere to be found.

Tell your dear "mentor" that where he running to, some people fought to make it what it is.. And his coward ass should fight for his own country or die there!
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by chudionu58(f): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
princemedico:
I reported a similar incident last month. security in this country is dead.
I have been restless since this morning, someone dear to me was shot in this incident though he is in hospital now. God save him.
Which time did the incident happen?
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Venica(f): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Jesus !!!!. This has confirm God's endless love for me. i was purpose to play that road this morning . but my appointment was postpone till next week . help me thank God o

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Agadaobo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
olaolulazio:
This is too bad....

R.I.P to d dead!

.We won't walk when d road needs blood!
Amen
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Agadaobo(m): 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Khutie:
cry ...and he kissed his children, promising to buy 'em goddies when coming back...He ain't gonna fulfil that promise again, not that he doesn't love his kids buh some cruel miscreants took away the most precious thing he ever had "HIS LIFE". Nigeria is a nation widowt an emotions. R.I.P
Your post touch my body and soul
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Maski87: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
Edo boys una sabi am,no body dey beat in a when it comes former robbery
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Fidecoo(m): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:
Angry bus drivers have blocked the Benin-Ore-Lagos Road after an armed Robbery attack in the early hours of Friday left one driver dead and one passenger seriously injured. According to reports, the incident occurred around Okada area of Benin, Edo state.

The corpse of the driver who was killed was laid on the floor as the protesters called on the presence of security operatives on the road.

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/07/benin-lagos-road-shut-down-as-armed.html
,God help us oo.pls & pls,govt. And security agencies should go there and do something about the situation.the truck carrying my goods from ibadan has been in that hold up since 3am. It's perishable item.i have been restless and so worried since I got the news. " no appetite mode activated".

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Fidecoo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:

,but my driver told me that the driver survived, only the passenger died.
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by 48noble(m): 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
sharpwriter:

Are you saying the driver disappeared literarily as in jazz or he jumped out of the vehicle?

jazz or magic! he literally disappeared

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by AyamStarch: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
czaratwork:
God saved me on that road last sunday
you travelled at night? which spot exactly
Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by Gobhanky: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
Check point on benin ore road nor pass 3
Esp just b4 u get to dah bend whr highway patrol dey always park
Na whr dem road side hawkers dey sell
Na dia dem go mount roadblock.
This shit def happened night journey

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbery Attack On Benin-Lagos Expressway, Driver Shot Dead (Photos) by onyxo76(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
From all indications nowhere is safe in this country, time to start processing my Canadian visa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Abia: Man Butchers Sister,Buries Brother Alive, Then Runs Away(photos) / Apostle Moses Itim Declared Wanted For Allegedly Impregnating 15-Year-Old / Prince Omoniyi Ademola Stabbed Oba Gbadebo Ogunsaki To Death For Refusing To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.