Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? (3090 Views)

Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Must A Lady Be A Virgin Before She Can Wear A White Gown During Her Wedding? / Can A Guy And A Lady Be Best of friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by zicoraads: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
So I had an argument last week at the office and I want to bring it here. Some few weeks ago, I went to this boutique to get some shoes. This is a particular place I buy almost all my stuffs. So I'm very familiar with the attendants. After walking around for some minutes, I settled on what I wanted. As we were talking price, this fine as hell lady walked in. I saw when the Venza drove in, and was kinda taken aback when it was the very young lady that stepped out. Dressing aside, she sounded respectful and well-manered. I deliberately told the sale guy to attend to her, I'll wait for when she is done. I did this because I really wanted to feast my eyes and gather my thoughts. I kept staring at her and the tattoos on her arms. I'm an avid lover of tattoos. Especially on a lady. She noticed my stare and smiled at me. I could only wave.

After about 20 minutes, she picked up a � and left. For the second time since I can remember, I was rooted to the spot. My brain was literally frozen. The first time this happened to me was sometime back at Silverbird, Abuja.

I brought up the incident at work and the fact that I froze because I felt the lady was way, way above my league. And my friends were of the opinion that there is nothing like a lady being above a guy's league.

Question is, can a lady be above a guy's league?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by professorfal: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yes if her make up kit is more expensive than his house rent

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Only if the guy have low self esteeme.

In life confidence matters a lot. As a man you need to develop an aura of mystery and sensuality to be able to get any woman you want No matter how broke you are.

I can get any woman i want no matter her societal levels.

#team Alpha male #.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
We have super league! we have league! and relegated league
one must belong to these category!.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
No.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by pocohantas(f): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yes and No.

Whether a woman is classy or not, the thing that turns them on in a man are pretty much similar. This has nothing to do with a guy's financial capacity, but his ability to turn her on and make her want him more.

If you are the kind of guy who knows what he is made of, you would be attractive to every sensible woman. You are compassionate without faking or over doing it, enlightened, spontaneous, have a purpose in life...that's an icing on the cake.

Who you are is what will attract her to you, not superficial things that she can obviously afford. Except if she is indeed excessively superficial. Every woman has a man she can bend over for...you just have to be that man and it takes lots of self-confidence to be that man.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by dingbang(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
No lady is above a guy's league.. You never know, she may be secretly praying for a good man ...
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by tosyne2much(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
I think it's a two way thing. YES and NO

A lady can be above a man's league and vice versa probably due to her level of exposure, academic attainment and perhaps, age.

The only thing I see here is that men are usually quick to discredit themselves when they meet financially stable ladies which is usually due to low self esteem, family background and lack of confidence in oneself

4 Likes

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by rose54321: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yep, a lady can be above your league and vice versa.
All fingers are not equal so the earlier you recognize your class the better.
Some people are worlds apart, its just like me targeting Adenuga's son, while i might be better than him in some areas (maybe intellectually, religion & personality wise, etc) he's from a way richer background. It just cannot work.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
zicoraads:
So I had an argument last week at the office and I want to bring it here. Some few weeks ago, I went to this boutique to get some shoes. This is a particular place I buy almost all my stuffs. So I'm very familiar with the attendants. After walking around for some minutes, I settled on what I wanted. As we were talking price, this fine as hell lady walked in. I saw when the Venza drove in, and was kinda taken aback when it was the very young lady that stepped out. Dressing aside, she sounded respectful and well-manered. I deliberately told the sale guy to attend to her, I'll wait for when she is done. I did this because I really wanted to feast my eyes and gather my thoughts. I kept staring at her and the tattoos on her arms. I'm an avid lover of tattoos. Especially on a lady. She noticed my stare and smiled at me. I could only wave.

After about 20 minutes, she picked up a � and left. For the second time since I can remember, I was rooted to the spot. My brain was literally frozen. The first time this happened to me was sometime back at Silverbird, Abuja.

I brought up the incident at work and the fact that I froze because I felt the lady was way, way above my league. And my friends were of the opinion that there is nothing like a lady being above a guy's league.

Question is, can a lady be above a guy's league?

No...u said she smiled at u..u 4 use dat chance te follow up..with her..but u dy dere dy luk uche face.. op u HURT ma feelings

Ok...u want the 3 Charles Nneji ebooks abi...
The Bang rule,the Advanced Bang rule n The how to get any gal to fall in love....abi

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
As an Alpha male no lady is above my league.

But i am above some lady's league.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by zicoraads: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
I think it's a two way thing. YES and NO

A lady can be above a man's league and vice versa probably due to her level of exposure, academic attainment and perhaps, age.

The only thing I see here is that men are usually quick to discredit themselves when they meet financially stable ladies which is usually due to low self esteem, family background and lack of confidence in oneself
Tosine. This one iz not low self esteem ooo. Na reality check do me. As in, when you see a lady you know for sure her hairdo will most likely be more than your monthly take home pay. I don't even see academics, exposure and age as being above my league. I see it more in the financial aspect.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by zicoraads: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
dingbang:
No lady is above a guy's league.. You never know, she may be secretly praying for a good man ...
Well, here is another angle. Except she is. If not, it's like asking a Cuppy Otedola to be one's girlfriend. When you know her taste is outta this world.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by zicoraads: 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
pocohantas:
Yes and No.

Whether a woman is classy or not, the thing that turns them on in a man are pretty much similar. This has nothing to do with a guy's financial capacity, but his ability to turn her on and make her want him more.

If you are the kind of guy who knows what he is made of, you would be attractive to every sensible woman. You are compassionate without faking or over doing it, enlightened, spontaneous, have a purpose in life...that's an icing on the cake.

Who you are is what will attract her to you, not superficial things that she can obviously afford. Except if she is indeed excessively superficial. Every woman has a man she can bend over for...you just have to be that man and it takes lots of self-confidence to be that man.

So are you saying if I have what you typed in the first paragraph, I can ask and get a cuppy Otedola to go out with me? It's easy to say all you have said above. But trust me, the reality is quite different. Most ladies will not even date a guy who doesn't drive a car. Now when she drives a good car, she'll most likely want who drives a higher one. Now except a lady has reached an overly high marriageable age, most Nigerian ladies would judge you by your appearance of affluent or lack of it when they meet you. Especially if they belong to that societal class.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by dingbang(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
zicoraads:

Well, here is another angle. Except she is. If not, it's like asking a Cuppy Otedola to be one's girlfriend. When you know her taste is outta this world

she is just a lady.. Personally I wouldnt go after a rich girl even if I had a lot of money...

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by pocohantas(f): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
zicoraads:

So are you saying if I have what you typed in the first paragraph, I can ask and get a cuppy Otedola to go out with me? It's easy to say all you have said above. But trust me, the reality is quite different. Most ladies will not even date a guy who doesn't drive a car. Now when she drives a good car, she'll most likely want who drives a higher one. Now except a lady has reached an overly high marriageable age, most Nigerian ladies would judge you by your appearance of affluent or lack of it when they meet you. Especially if they belong to that societal class.

Since you know women so much and have it figured out, why did you create this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by tosyne2much(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
zicoraads:

Tosine. This one iz not low self esteem ooo. Na reality check do me. As in, when you see a lady you know for sure her hairdo will most likely be more than your monthly take home pay. I don't even see academics, exposure and age as being above my league. I see it more in the financial aspect.
That's why I said it's a two way thing

When you're thinking of starting up a business and you don't have a capital and then you see a lady on an hairstyle that can start up your business, low self esteem go overwhelm you sharp sharp cheesy
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
it swings both ways biko, some women will neva be in the same room as me self talkless of dating

we are not all mates
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by zicoraads: 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
pocohantas:

Since you know women so much and have it figured out, why did you create this thread?
Poco Poco cheesy You wee not change, fa. We are having a debate nau. Now you are getting emotional. As usual embarassed
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by pocohantas(f): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
zicoraads:

Poco Poco cheesy You wee not change, fa. We are having a debate nau. Now you are getting emotional. As usual embarassed
I asked you a question. Why does my question unsettle some of you?

You sounded very conclusive and in the know, so...I got wondering why the thread. Was I wrong to have asked?

I actually said yes and no. You took only the no. That's not my fault nae.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by ibkayee(f): 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sure, consider their social/economical status, physical appearance etc

It applies to all genders i.e. a man being out of a lady's league

3 Likes

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
ibkayee:
Sure, consider their social/economical status, physical appearance etc

It applies to all genders i.e. a man being out of a lady's league
will you let me play in your league if I buy a nice jersey wink
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by ibkayee(f): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Piiko:
will you let me play in your league if I buy a nice jersey wink
Lool
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
This has no definite answer, there's 2 sides to this debate, self-confidence is almost everything, some females may be dying and praying for your attention and you just block your chances by insisting you can't mix, even if you don't date her it's always good to have friends across all social strata.

The Igbos believe in self determination so we work hard and break barriers such that we are able to inter-marry, don't give up and knock yourself as not deserving work on your etiquette and personality so you won't suffer from low esteem, I love my ladies classy cool
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by MissRaine69(f): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
The phrase punching above ones weight applies to both men and women.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
ibkayee:

Lool
why you lol

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by zicoraads: 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
pocohantas:

I asked you a question. Why does my question unsettle some of you?

You sounded very conclusive and in the know, so...I got wondering why the thread. Was I wrong to have asked?

I actually said yes and no. You took only the no. That's not my fault nae.
Your question doesn't upset me. Never has. Never will.

And as to your question, I'm not sure of anything, yet. I have personal convictions I'm probably highly aligned to. But then again, they may be wrong ones. And what you said above captured some of mine. But I picked the other option because that was where I still had questions to. So forgive me if I'm picking the 'No'.

And I probably know why the questions might seem upsetting to some. It's not the questions, it's the way you ask the questions.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by luminouz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Look at OP o...u fall ur own hand o....she even smiled at u!!!
For me,there is nothing like a lady above my league oh....if I get interest it doesn't matter if she squeeze face or yansh...me go approach her....in fact about 80% of the girls I dated always looked way tough nuts to crack but I cracked n sucked d nuts dry.....it is ur personality that matters n DAT include looks,poise,charisma,sense of humor n easy going attitude. Most times women fall for ur appearance but wait for u to approach them so they can CONFIRM u.....

Op....as that girl smiled at u eh...if na me....I will not only approach her..na she go carry me reach house o.... grin
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by pocohantas(f): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
zicoraads:

Your question doesn't upset me. Never has. Never will.

And as to your question, I'm not sure of anything, yet. I have personal convictions I'm probably highly aligned to. But then again, they may be wrong ones. And what you said above captured some of mine. But I picked the other option because that was where I still had questions to. So forgive me if I'm picking the 'No'.

And I probably know why the questions might seem upsetting to some. It's not the questions, it's the way you ask the questions.
My question was direct and insult free. Next time, please answer and quit 'semantics'...then we can proceed.

There is really no wrong or right to this. Maybe you should have walked up to her and share your experience. The taste of the pudding is in its eating you know.
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Lalas247(f): 6:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
pocohantas:
Yes and No.

Ride on I dey your back grin
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by Lalas247(f): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
So you can get Obama's wife if she becomes single

The ans to that question is the ans to this thread .. no your levels grin even me seff know some cases it's a yes and some a No

Cc Mynd44 oya come what do you think
Re: Can A Lady Be Above A Guy's League? by luminouz(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Joeblack01:
As an Alpha male no lady is above my league.

But i am above some lady's league.
From d way ur repeating ursef eh.....ur a BETA male......alpha males don't croak like u!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Shotz That Got Everyone Talking / Ladies,who Knows You Can Sue A Man For Promising To Marry You And Not Doing That / 7 Categories Of Men Who Are Not Husband Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.