Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,059 members, 7,849,282 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist (30024 Views)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Deicide: 11:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
felixomor:

Yahweh, is not a name.....
Its the description of a hebrew name in english alphabets.........
Go and do your homework on how that name was gotten
Yahweh
1. history of religion the name of the God of Israel worshiped by the Jahwist prophets in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah in antiquity
2. biblical in "Sacred Name Bibles", translating the Tetragrammaton
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Deicide:

You were the one changing goal post so i just let it die down

I didnt change any goal post.

My point was simple
Check my first comment that you replied

felixomor:

And also for side note,
There is nothing like "proven reality" in science.
Science can change its opinion at any time. What is wrong today can be right tomorrow in science

Show me where "5" was made the topic sentence viz a viz the highlighted....?
Mscheeeewwww
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Deicide:

Yahweh
1. history of religion the name of the God of Israel worshiped by the Jahwist prophets in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah in antiquity
2. biblical in "Sacred Name Bibles", translating the Tetragrammaton

I said go and read the history of the name.....
I didnt say bring dictionary.
Nobody uses dictionary to become a Christian.

You will never understand simple sentences.
Will you?
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Deicide: 12:09am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

I said go and read the history of the name.....
I didnt say bring dictionary.
Nobody uses dictionary to become a Christian.

You will never understand simple sentences.
Will you?
When Moses asked God "If people say who send me who i go tell them say na in send me?" then God said tell them I am sent you "I am" is what is translated to Yahweh.........
felixomor:

I didnt change any goal post.
My point was simple
Check my first comment that you replied
Show me where "5" was made the topic sentence viz a viz the highlighted....?
Mscheeeewwww
felixomor:

So the topic u raised is an argument between the deist and theist on the nature of God
because both already agree that God's existence is undisputable.

And also for side note,
There is nothing like "proven reality" in science.
Science can change its opinion at any time. What is wrong today can be right tomorrow in science.
You went on to make that statement @bolded then you started arguing that 1 + 1 = 2 can equal something else which i proved you was wrong
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 12:33am On Jul 13, 2017
Deicide:

When Moses asked God "If people say who send me who i go tell them say na in send me?" then God said tell them I am sent you "I am" is what is translated to Yahweh.........

You went on to make that statement @bolded then you started arguing that 1 + 1 = 2 can equal something else which i proved you was wrong
So lets rewind the calendar

Oh so if you wrote "000010" or whatever, as answer to my 1+1 before the invention of number bases in science you will be correct abi?

Mscheww, chai.....
Its getting slower.....

Let me use other examples for you, since your reasoning cant go beyond "5"

Just a few years back, it was wrong to advise athritis patients to excercise their joints.
It was thought to worsen the condition.
Today, the reverse is the case
Athritis patients are told to excercise their joints to improve their condition....

There are millions of other examples,
If you want to still deceive yourself,
Continue cool

Secondly, "I am"
Thank God you translated it
It should now be clear why it is not a name.....
Besides the full statement is "I am that I am"

If so why is the name not "Yahweh that Yahweh" ?
So you can now see, that its humans who chose that name.......
Moses never called HiM that name after he left the burning bush.....
God expected Moses to describe what he saw with his eyes. Not describe Him with a name.

As a Matter of fact Revelations says nobody knows the name of God.......

Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:18am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

I Just showed you a corroborating Bible verse
If that aint simple enough,
Then sorry, maybe you will look for an adult literacy class.

Besides go and get a hebrew bible concordance that tells the meaning of "heavens" as used in OT
I dont expect you to ever know that first hand.
Does the OT talk about galaxies and galaxy-clusters?
Does the Bible refer to the sun as stars?

Yahweh needs to do an updated version...

Seriously, you need to stop this shameful display. I don't find it interesting to mock the Bible or Christians, you always manage to drag me into this. That's why I try to ignore you and Ebuka.

After all our conversations on this forum you still want to drag in an ancient manuscript as if it would make your belief authentic.

Have a good day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Does the OT talk about galaxies and galaxy-clusters?
Does the Bible refer to the sun as stars?

Yahweh needs to do an updated version...

Seriously, you need to stop this shameful display. I don't find it interesting to mock the Bible or Christians, you always manage to drag me into this. That's why I try to ignore you and Ebuka.

After all our conversations on this forum you still want to drag in an ancient manuscript as if it would make your belief authentic.

Have a good day.
Hehehehe, "i dont find it interesting to mock......." grin

Anyway,
My point is made.
I showed u a bible verse that tallied with description of God.
And u kept shifting goalpost.

By the ways here is what "heavens" as used in that part of bible breaks down into:

Hebrew: שׁמה שׁמים
Transliteration: shâmayim shâmeh
Pronunciation: {shaw-mah'-yim} shaw-meh'
Definition: The second form being dual of an unused singular; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding[b] to the visible arch in which the clouds {move} as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve)[/b]: - {air} X {astrologer} heaven (-s).
KJV Usage: heaven (398x), air (21x), astrologers (with H1895) (1x).

Thats from the manuscript. Original
========

Have a nice day u too shocked
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2017
[s]
felixomor:

Hehehehe, "i dont find it interesting to mock......." grin

Anyway,
My point is made.
I showed u a bible verse that tallied with description of God.
And u kept shifting goalpost.

By the ways here is what "heavens" as used in that part of bible breaks down into:

Hebrew: שׁמה שׁמים
Transliteration: shâmayim shâmeh
Pronunciation: {shaw-mah'-yim} shaw-meh'
Definition: The second form being dual of an unused singular; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding[b] to the visible arch in which the clouds {move} as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve)[/b]: - {air} X {astrologer} heaven (-s).
KJV Usage: heaven (398x), air (21x), astrologers (with H1895) (1x).

Thats from the manuscript. Original
========

Have a nice day u too shocked
[/s]
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2017
grin grin

I'm so happy! I don't know why I take nairaland too seriously! But maybe it's my mission to spread humanism in Nigeria.

I'm so happy that at last kingebukasblog and felixomor's slippery bullshite has been exposed so clearly for all to see.

Cc Hahn, hopefullandlord, scepticalpyhrro, Tluzzie, lepasharon, et al,

This is how you expose these apologist charlatans. You got them at the heart of their dubious arguments. I knew that this was their one consistent weakness as they never make biblical arguments for the existence of their god- they usually fall to deism.

May the Spaghetti Monster be praised .
Ramen

4 Likes

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

grin

Felixomor has been destroyed into felixnomore

3 Likes

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:
grin grin

I'm so happy! I don't know why I take nairaland too seriously! But maybe it's my mission to spread humanism in Nigeria.

I'm so happy that at last kingebukasblog and felixomor's slippery bullshite has been exposed so clearly for all to see.

This is how you expose these apologist charlatans. You got them at the heart of their dubious arguments. I knew that this was their one consistent weakness as they never make biblical arguments for the existence of their god- they usually fall to deism.

Ramen

Hahahaha. KingEbukasBlog was even forced to jump from deism to panentheism. That was so desperate. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:
grin grin

Ramen

Coming from someone who we used a Whole thread to teach English.
On How to differentiate between "nature" and "existence"........

Yinmu undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

Felixomor has been destroyed into felixnomore

I can see you are pained.
Hence trying to get attention......

Hehehehe grin
You havr it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

Coming from someone who we used a Whole thread to teach English.
On How to differentiate between "nature" and "existence"........

Yinmu undecided

You mean this thread where you and your ilk were exposed?

Abegi. SWERVE

2 Likes

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

You mean this thread where you and your ilk were exposed?

Abegi. SWERVE

But we taught u english sha....
Thats the summary grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:
grin grin

Ramen

The first page exposed your ignorance for all to see .I'm glad you didn't notice at all . We will keep talking we talk and you will still remain defensive and trying to catch up .

Cheers mate . You are the victim of our own subterfuge .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 8:57am On Jul 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The first page exposed your ignorance for all to see .I'm glad you didn't notice at all . We will keep talking we talk and you will still remain defensive and trying to catch up .

Hehehehe,
The guy opened a thread that confirmed atheism is dead.
Own goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe,
Own goal.

Golden own goal

The fun there is that he does not even know . Maybe he will get in his old age , maybe he will never get it at all .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04am On Jul 13, 2017
TLuzzie:
Hahahaha. KingEbukasBlog was even forced to jump from deism to panentheism. That was so desperate. grin grin grin

Deism and panentheism are types of theism . Deism is under theism. You do enjoy making a fool of yourself, don't you ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by hopefulLandlord: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:
grin grin

Ramen

FSM remains the one true god, cannot also be disproved, Kalam works for it too, its also first cause

lol, has everyone noticed why Christians find it damn near impossible to counter OtemAtum? its because he claims the regress doesn't stop at Yahweh and it goes further, he wipes the floor with every Christian that's unfortunate enough debate him, why? cuz they're usually thrown into a dilemma

I ain't saying I believe in his "God Almighty" though, FSM is the only true God and others are fake and manmade

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin

This was direct and open warfare on ignorance and your ilk lost.

Let me list you and tour friends' failed arguments

1. Entropy applies to the universe.

2. Kalam cosmological argument proves God.

3. Creator is the same as God. (I had to point out to you that this to your Christian religion and not all religions)

4. Kalam cosmological argument (if true) does not work for a polytheist gods.

5. I'm summary. You guys still didn't give an argument for a religious God. Deism is your last refuge

1 Like

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe,
Own goal.

I never said that deism is true.

Lies will not kill you.
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2017
^^^^
IIIIII

Someone finally has landed at Otem's level
LMAO grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

FSM remains the one true god, cannot also be disproved, Kalam works for it too, its also first cause

lol, has everyone noticed why Christians find it damn near impossible to counter OtemAtum? its because he claims the regress doesn't stop at Yahweh and it goes further, he wipes the floor with every Christian that's unfortunate enough debate him, why? cuz they're usually thrown into a dilemma

I ain't saying I believe in his "God Almighty" though, FSM is the only true God and others are fake and manmade

May his noodliness be praised.

May the spirit of the holy toast be with you.

Ramen
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

I never said that deism is true.

Lies will not kill you.

LMAO cheesy
The topic says so.....
Mewwww grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by JackBizzle: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:
^^^^
IIIIII

Someone finally has landed at Otem's level
LMAO grin

Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Humanistme: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2017
this wasn't the point of my post.

are you ashamed of god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? grin
felixomor:

Yahweh, is not a name.....
Its the description of a hebrew name in english alphabets.........
Go and do your homework on how that name was gotten
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Humanistme:

this wasn't the point of my post.

are you ashamed of god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? grin

Where did I say I was ashame?
Please show me.... quick
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Humanistme: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

Where did I say I was ashame?
Please show me.... quick

I didn't say you said you are ashamed . I'm just asking if you are ashamed of Him cheesy
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by felixomor: 10:47am On Jul 13, 2017
Humanistme:

I didn't say you said you are ashamed . I'm just asking if you are ashamed of Him cheesy
And why are u asking?
There is no where I suggested that on this thread,
Neither is that the topic of discussion
Re: Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist by Humanistme: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:
And why are u asking? There is no where I suggested that on this thread, Neither is that the topic of discussion
I want to know na cheesy a simple yes or no will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Is Jesus Really God? / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere Gives Female Taxi Driver A New Car / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.