Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

"We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo (50448 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
Willie2015:

No one have a problem with Christian prosperity, but there is a problem when a church is as rich as the IMF and the World Bank and yet 112m Nigerians are living below poverty level and more Nigerians are still joining them below that poverty level.

God made the Church rich so they can uplift the poor, God made the Church strong so they can help the weak.

Mr Willie, there is no problem with that. The corrupt people we have voted for in the past haven't done anything to help the poor. The church must be commended for taking giant strides. The various churches we have around do cater for the poor among them, but you will never see them come out to announce to the whole world how much they've helped others.
The church has the right to be richer than any financial institution on the planet Earth. It is because we have chosen dafts as political administrators that we have found ourselves in this quagmire. Wait till a true disciple of Christ becomes the president of this nation...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
sarutobie:

I mean it is all good for christains to work towards a good life here on earth and in the afterlife, but when a church sets it's eyes on competing with financial organizations of the world, then something is wrong..twist it whatever way you want, it is wrong...
Pls note that the title of the post is not the entirety of the message. It was just a quote he made while speaking. You should reread the last paragraph of the post for better understanding. God bless
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nodogragra4me:
...assumption is the lowest form of knowledge...

Well said

Nodogragra4me:
...Don't depend on bulletins and homily

Notice that you've just assumed I "depend on bulletins and homily"...

Nodogragra4me:
Mention one 'early apostle' that was poor or lived in penury...

The issue isn't about being poor or living in penury.

It's about having the same standards as the world system, to quickly assume that wealth equates to living a life of righteousness.

This leads to a certain kind of "Gospel" where people are clearly in it for the money.

A kind of "Gospel" where people are more concerned about calculating how much "returns" they can claim from their "seed sowing" than in living a life of purpose.

That's the real danger in making money your god.

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mayeldah:

Impressive though.

My concern in all these is ...where does the flock benefit? The church is getting richer while the constituent members can't have 3 square meals a day.
Jesus's ministry benefited the followers but today what we have are mega churches with mega pastors and mega church businesses and mega church buildings while the average church attendant is hungry.

On the judgement day, what will count for the church and pastor Oyedepo is how many of his church members he took to heaven and how he cared and provided for their welfare. All these church business and fame will amount to nothing.

Don't be surprised at the crowd who will make heaven! The church is blessing lives everyday, they don't announce it to the world.

One thing I know about the man of God is this, when he says it ...God will do it grin

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Dantee005(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
If they offered d poor scholarships in their grand universitiuniversities....I might have been impressed. ...

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by smileyoo: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
chasing shaddows! your home base is already under the thrones of islamization. christainity in nigeria is very weak and worldly.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ekealterego:
What I don't understand however is, if Jesus is coming so soon, why spend money on "world class infrastructure that will stand the test of time". Hardly a day goes by without being threatened with hell fire because "Jesus is coming soon" but same pastors use the money to build their personal empires.
I'm not hating though, its not a bad thing. In fact, investing in education is commendable but the intentions behind it is what I don't understand. In Europe, church spend most of the money to make on welfare but in Nigeria, we poor masses spend on "welfare" of the church.

Stop lying ..you don't deceive anyone with your tithe ranting ...you don't pay no tithe and the reason is firstly you are a poor dude and secondly you don't understand what it means to be a Christian and Christianity .... besides, it is not a condition to be in service ...whether you pay or not , the move is on ...we his mumu are ever more than ready as soldiers to engage our all because we have never regretted it ...... let me just leave mine testimony out of this equation... I will give anything to this commission ....I came I. Contact with Christ through her teaching
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Willie2015:

No one have a problem with Christian prosperity, but there is a problem when a church is as rich as the IMF and the World Bank and yet 112m Nigerians are living below poverty level and more Nigerians are still joining them below that poverty level.

God made the Church rich so they can uplift the poor, God made the Church strong so they can help the weak.

Nobody said d church is as rich as world bank yet. It is still an aspiration! I am sure the church understands her responsibility to the poor too.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I have a property close to the calabar site but haven't been there for sometime now. Will have t,o go and check to see if work is going on there now...Li only know that nit is fenced
Really? I am sure the place is quite big. Yeah living faith seem to prefer to fence their befor completion.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
alignacademy:

"Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge"

Well said

Notice that you've just assumed I "depend on bulletins and homily"...

The issue isn't about being poor or living in penury.

It's about having the same standards as the world system, to quickly assume that wealth equates to living a life of righteousness.

This leads to a certain kind of "Gospel" where people are clearly in it for the money.

A kind of "Gospel" where people are more concerned about calculating how much "returns" they can claim from their "seed sowing" than in living a life of purpose.

That's the real danger in making money your god.

You don't know the scripture better than an average winners ...it is the very life of the commission to put in all the time needed to explain the scripture under the direction of the spirit ..

Matt 6:33 gives two conditions for your to enjoy Gods hands and favour... 1. Seeking the kingdom .....that is letting the kingdom be established in your heart .....every kingdom has a ruler ...letting god be the absolute ruler of your life is the first .....2. .... faith in the righteous ness of Christ and then comes the addition of the things that others are dying to get.

Your physical prosperity is tied to your spiritual prosperity... I wish above all that you prosper even as your soul prosper

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nodogragra4me:
You don't know the scripture better than an average winners ...it is the very life of the commission to put in all the time needed to explain the scripture under the direction of the spirit ..

Matt 6:33 gives two conditions for your to enjoy Gods hands and favour... 1. Seeking the kingdom .....that is letting the kingdom be established in your heart .....every kingdom has a ruler ...letting god be the absolute ruler of your life is the first .....2. .... faith in the righteous ness of Christ and then comes the addition of the things that others are dying to get.

Your physical prosperity is tied to your spiritual prosperity... I wish above all that you prosper even as your soul prosper

This is not a contest about "knowing Scripture better than the average winner"

What would you say about billionaire atheists? How is their "spirit" linked to their wealth?

Look, making money isn't as spooky as we make it in this part of the world.

If you can SELL a needed product or service, you will make money, regardless of your affiliation

But then again, you're free to make up your mind anyhow you choose.

It's another thing altogether to quote Scriptures out of context to give the impression that GOD only blesses people who "sow" their money in a particular enterprise.

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by thinkmoney(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
how many souls are rich in the spirit, having a heavenly home? how many have a spiritual plane in their spiritual hanger, ready to fly to heaven at the trumpet blast undecidedhow many souls are rich in the spirit, having a heavenly home? how many have a spiritual plane in their spiritual hanger, ready to fly to heaven at the trumpet blast
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dantee005:
If they offered d poor scholarships in their grand universitiuniversities....I might have been impressed. ...
They do offer scholarships

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Adminisher: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Statsocial:
I am kind of disputing the figure Mr Leke gave for Canaancity though. The last I heard of it. It was a 1.6 billion USD project that should be around 500 billion naira.

Also both Calabar university and Abuja one are being built at the same time. I really cant wait to see the Abuja one. I know it would be super grand since it is being built on request of FG.

In all the Federal government needs to learn from these mega churches what administration is. You can argue about this being money of the poor all you want but you cant take away the good administration that exist in indigenous Nigerian churches. Also I doubt "only poor" made this church this wealthy.

The only thing that has worked for Churches is minimal corruption. Their administration is fairly basic and cost of controls is low because people are not stealing with every project and routine operational activity.

Also, NO you are wrong.
The Church is RICH because of concentration of effort on the POOR. They made trillions through prosperity messages to poor people. So they have proved that the best business is re programming people for success. When you move one person from poor to rich you are doing far better than moving a rich man to rich
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
some people dont understand the immeasurable benefits of tithing and giving

some people dont understand that real success is when you are in a position that you can display the glory of God to as many people as possible

and that prosperity is the amount of God's grace upon your life

Not everybody can understand this secret

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by freeay: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
Yes sooooo... Our Big Daddy in the Lord. The sky is too small for our limit. We shall keep on soaring from one enviable height to another. The work of God is unstoppable either the world likes it or not, believe it or not. May God's anointing upon your life keep on increasing throughout the number of years God has earmarked for you upon the face of the earth. I'M A WINNER FOR LIFE. TUALAY BABA.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
eleojo23:

It is not money chasing.

Why do people always have problem with Christians prospering?
If it was a non-christian that said this now, nobody will say it's money chasing.

Well, whatever you call it, the fact is, Christians/christian organisations are going to prosper beyond what people have ever seen and many will be surprised.
Just watch out.

it's not problem with Christian prosperity. There is always a problem with people prospering through by reaping off the poor by any means posinle.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
Adminisher:

The only thing that has worked for Churches is minimal corruption. Their administration is fairly basic and cost of controls is low because people are not stealing with every project and routine operational activity.

Also, NO you are wrong.
The Church is RICH because of concentration of effort on the POOR. They made trillions through prosperity messages to poor people. So they have proved that the best business is re programming people for success. When you move one person from poor to rich you are doing far better than moving a rich man to rich
Lol I don't know if u are a christian or not but I have been a Christian long enough to know that LFC's wealth is really not what u think it is. I hope you know that some people tithe their Corporate/business revenue to this church. As for me I pay my tithe and I expect my own financial reward back from God and not church. So far I get my own multiplications here on earth then I got no problem. The first time I tried tithing I Saw a triple increase on my income. So I got no probs tithing as long as God too is fulfilling His own promise.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by hilroy: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
deeway200:

call it anything u like. if u don't wanna be part of this greatness ,then don't even read it. As for me and my family, we will also park our helicopter there. and as for the housing ,go and build ur bungalow first before u comment
Typical Nigerian, he doesn't know who I am but deem it fit to tell me to build a bungalow before I comment. If you like buy spacecraft, all I know is that all these churches preaching money making instead of salvation are business enterprises

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by feelgoodInc: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
adegeye38:
some people dont understand the immeasurable benefits of tithing and giving

some people dont understand that real success is when you are in a position that you can display the glory of God to as many people as possible

and that prosperity is the amount of God's grace upon your life

Not everybody can understand this secret
tithing is not money
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Meksumnoiz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
hilroy:
Business enterprise undecided
business enterprise with 99percnt of the shareholder dormant(sleeping)
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Topgainer: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
We would soon be richer than IMF and Paris Club
'We' is highly deceptive because none of the men toiling (modified: labouring) to meet up with the demands of the Bishop like tithe, endless seeds, offerings and donations can come out tomorrow to say in all honesty that Winners international limited belongs to him/her (all its members). Winners Enterprise belongs to none other than Bishop David Oyedepo and family.
It should read
Oyedepo would soon be richer than IMF and Paris Club.
One thing that shouldn't be taken away from the Bishop is his ability to convince his followers and donors that they will be blessed through giving to his Church. And many men without hesitation have completely emptied their bank account to his Church and are awaiting the financial miracle promised by the Bishop.
Again the Bishop has shown his manages the money accruing to his Church since inception with shrewdness of an astute businessman.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by jayaim: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Pure scam. How many church members have the church empower? Fake churches

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by D1official: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
feelgoodInc:
while the church slept, Islam crept in, they tried this in Turkey with the basilica but it was conquered.
Christianity won't survive two decade in Nigeria, Christianity is weak.
Dat statement clearly shows dat u Dnt even hv an idea of what's coming. Hahahahaha.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by D1official: 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
feelgoodInc:
while the church slept, Islam crept in, they tried this in Turkey with the basilica but it was conquered.
Christianity won't survive two decade in Nigeria, Christianity is weak.
Dat statement clearly shows dat u Dnt even hv an idea of what's coming. Hahahahaha.
We hvnt even began sir!!!!
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Topgainer: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
hilroy:

Typical Nigerian, he doesn't know who I am but deem it fit to tell me to build a bungalow before I comment. If you like buy spacecraft, all I know is that all these churches preaching money making instead of salvation are business enterprises
Yes they are
They know what they worship and my interactions with people of such assemblies show that holy living is the least considerations in their warped minds. Fellowship is more about money and testimonies of money. Give money, take money or the promise of miracle money. Sometimes I wonder the Spirit behind those movements because that Spirit has little emphasis on the Salvation that Jesus bought for us rather its focus is on exaltation of Money in every meeting. The meaning of Salvation has been completely changed under this dispensation of 'Churches'. But they can't mock God, he can cut them down while they are busy manipulating the New Testaments and altering portions of the Bible, planning and allocating financial harvests.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Topgainer:

'We' is highly deceptive because none of the men toiling to meet up with the demands of the Bishop like tithe, endless seeds, offerings and donations can come out tomorrow to say in all honesty that Winners international limited belongs to him/her (all its members). Winners Enterprise belongs to none other than Bishop David Oyedepo and family.
It should read
Oyedepo would soon be richer than IMF and Paris Club.
One thing that shouldn't be taken away from the Bishop is his ability to convince his followers and donors that they will be blessed through giving to his Church. And many men without hesitation have completely emptied their bank account to his Church and are awaiting the financial miracle promised by the Bishop.
Again the Bishop has shown his manages the money accruing to his Church since inception with shrewdness of an astute businessman.

There is nothing deceptive about the word "We"..Leadership is team work.
When you say "toiling" that means fruitless effort; the people are not toiling but labouring in grace. Show me someone in the church who's labouring in grace and I will tell you his/her blessings.
He doesn't need to convince people to donate money, the people are moved by what God is doing in their lives and they support the work of the ministry.
Show me someone who has emptied his bank account for the sake of the gospel and has not been blessed in return.
The church belongs to God and his trusted servant is doing the job so well.

Shalom
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
Robbing the poor to live in affluence.

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
eleojo23:

It is not money chasing.

Why do people always have problem with Christians prospering?
If it was a non-christian that said this now, nobody will say it's money chasing.

Well, whatever you call it, the fact is, Christians/christian organisations are going to prosper beyond what people have ever seen and many will be surprised.
Just watch out.

Jesus didn't even own a house, he never had a donkey or horse.

If u want to live Christlike..... U know what to do.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dantee005:

angry You dont have to be impressed @ all. The last time I checked, the church has been able to cater for students whose hope would have been dashed by the corrupt political system in this country. The last time I checked, the people teaching in their universities are getting paid.

Let's demand accountability from the politicians looting our resources without doing anything for the people.

Shalom
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Topgainer:

Yes they are
They know what they worship and my interactions with people of such assemblies show that holy living is the least considerations in their warped minds. Fellowship is more about money and testimonies of money. Give money, take money or the promise of miracle money. Sometimes I wonder the Spirit behind those movements because that Spirit has little emphasis on the Salvation that Jesus bought for us rather its focus is on exaltation of Money in every meeting. The meaning of Salvation has been completely changed under this dispensation of 'Churches'. But they can't mock God, he can cut them down while they are busy manipulating the New Testaments and altering portions of the Bible, planning and allocating financial harvests.

Ha ha @ topgainer, where did you hear all these? Stop listening to hearsay, have a firsthand experience and your life will forever be blessed. grin
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus didn't even own a house, he never had a donkey or horse.

If u want to live Christlike..... U know what to do.

@ PrecisionFX, don't console yourself with poverty mode. Jesus is a blessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DSS Releases Apostle Johnson Suleman / My Experience Inside A Beer Parlour In Lagos / Rev Lucy Natasha: Bodyguards, Security Details Of Kenyan Female Pastor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.