Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

"We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo (50508 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by gbishman: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
And when you are told to pay taxes you weep like the worlds going to end.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Mayeldah(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
Impressive though.

My concern in all these is ...where does the flock benefit? The church is getting richer while the constituent members can't have 3 square meals a day.
Jesus's ministry benefited the followers but today what we have are mega churches with mega pastors and mega church businesses and mega church buildings while the average church attendant is hungry.

On the judgement day, what will count for the church and pastor Oyedepo is how many of his church members he took to heaven and how he cared and provided for their welfare. All these church business and fame will amount to nothing.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by emeviks: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Rather than building all these enormous structures, why not build men for Christ. Men that fear God, Men that would take Christianity to the next level.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by perez100: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
I am not a prophet but what I read from Oyedapo is a Bishop who is happy of his worldly achievments and want to overtake his imaginary worldly rivals but put spirituality secondary.

3 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Statsocial:
I am kind of disputing the figure Mr Leke gave for Canaancity though. The last I heard of it. It was a 1.6 billion USD project that should be around 500 billion naira.

Also both Calabar university and Abuja one are being built at the same time. I really cant wait to see the Abuja one. I know it would be super grand since it is being built on request of FG.

In all the Federal government needs to learn from these mega churches what administration is. You can argue about this being money of the poor all you want but you cant take away the good administration that exist in indigenous Nigerian churches. Also I doubt "only poor" made this church this wealthy.

Bro, sentiments aside; the government of this country has a lot to learn from this man.

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by princetom1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
eleojo23:

It is not money chasing.

Why do people always have problem with Christians prospering?
If it was a non-christian that said this now, nobody will say it's money chasing.

Well, whatever you call it, the fact is, Christians/christian organisations are going to prosper beyond what people have ever seen and many will be surprised.
Just watch out.

After that wat happens? Dem go carry d wealth go heaven? 'all is vanity, said the Bible. Store up treasure in heaven Mathew 6: 20
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
Bisjosh:
When is he going to build hospitals with world class theatres? With subsidized treatment fees

When will he be kind enough to help the needy by creating poverty alleviation program

Give land to farmers et all.

Building more universities is just another money making scheme again!!

Covenant University can handle all that, and has already started the good work long ago! The medical school is still in view though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Willie2015: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
eleojo23:

It is not money chasing.

Why do people always have problem with Christians prospering?
If it was a non-christian that said this now, nobody will say it's money chasing.

Well, whatever you call it, the fact is, Christians/christian organisations are going to prosper beyond what people have ever seen and many will be surprised.
Just watch out.

No one have a problem with Christian prosperity, but there is a problem when a church is as rich as the IMF and the World Bank and yet 112m Nigerians are living below poverty level and more Nigerians are still joining them below that poverty level.

God made the Church rich so they can uplift the poor, God made the Church strong so they can help the weak.

3 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
durentchigozie:
Yahoo pastor. Stupid tithe thief.

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by BetaThings: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2017
feelgoodInc:
while the church slept, Islam crept in, they tried this in Turkey with the basilica but it was conquered.
Christianity won't survive two decade in Nigeria, Christianity is weak.

Who was sleeping when the Church crept in originally

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dekatron:

I am really sorry to say this. . . . but you need brain surgery. . . . WTF?

Lol, but bro, do you know he just quoted a scripture in the bible?
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
Statsocial:
I am kind of disputing the figure Mr Leke gave for Canaancity though. The last I heard of it. It was a 1.6 billion USD project that should be around 500 billion naira.

Also both Calabar university and Abuja one are being built at the same time. I really cant wait to see the Abuja one. I know it would be super grand since it is being built on request of FG.

In all the Federal government needs to learn from these mega churches what administration is. You can argue about this being money of the poor all you want but you cant take away the good administration that exist in indigenous Nigerian churches. Also I doubt "only poor" made this church this wealthy.

I have a property close to the calabar site but haven't been there for sometime now. Will have t,o go and check to see if work is going on there now...Li only know that nit is fenced

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by ELECTCHIBU(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
hilroy:
Business enterprise undecided
Yes it is. Jesus said " i go about my father's business". Thank you Jesus. The body of Christ is known for excellence and the church of God must prosper. Very soon, yes very soon, Nigeria will have to be borrowing from the church of God. I await for that day. Thank you Jesus
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
to hell with tithe, my tithes, offering and other seeds will now go directly to the less privileges... God do not dwell in the mega churches but in our hearts, how can I be making this business men in God vineyards richer some of this pastors are yahoo yahoo scammers TUFIAKWA

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Bisjosh:
When is he going to build hospitals with world class theatres? With subsidized treatment fees

When will he be kind enough to help the needy by creating poverty alleviation program

Give land to farmers et all.

Building more universities is just another money making scheme again!!

Focus on those areas and start small... you read the church had less than four members at her formative years..... start
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by ikorodureporta: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Winners Chapel 's Hidden Satanic Signs http://951953/winners-chapel-hidden-satanic-signs

morraphucken cultist, fulfiling their satanic agenda!
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by ELECTCHIBU(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
feelgoodInc:
while the church slept, Islam crept in, they tried this in Turkey with the basilica but it was conquered.
Christianity won't survive two decade in Nigeria, Christianity is weak.
Big lie, the church of God must prevail
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by ELECTCHIBU(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
[quote author=seunny4lif post=58384588][/quote] Rubbish, whatever you do, never try it with the image of Men of God, cos God won,t be happy with you
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
sanpipita:

Lol claim what? I pity your gullible soul

Ungullible soul what is your networth? Hope you are richer than Dangote ekpa... you get any title document Tom your name anywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dekatron:

I am really sorry to say this. . . . but you need brain surgery. . . . WTF?

That is a biblical statement from the books of Zechariah....through properity shall the Zion be yet spread abroad ....bulletin is not good get a complete bible

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by seunny4lif(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
Rubbish, whatever you do, never try it with the image of Men of God, cos God won,t be happy with you
Which men of God
You dey there with God

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by ELECTCHIBU(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
bobkezel:
Oyelunatic. Talking trash, scamming his mumu congregation.
You should get wise and know it that for giving a man of God such horrible name, you won't go free, you must pay for it. And you think he can scam a church of over 1 million.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
sarutobie:
I know and believe Christians should prosper in all ramifications, but aspiring to displace IMF and Paris club? Is it really something a church should be working towards??

This church doesn't work towards anything ...they just align themselves to the direction of the wind of The Holy Spirit and fly.... that is why they are able to build a university without second collection and no announcement or chief launcher

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Slurity(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
How many soul Will be on God's side by then?
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by feelgoodInc: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
Big lie, the church of God must prevail
then you're not a true Christian if not you would've known the times, that the kingdom of God is not in eating and drinking.

they did more than this in Syria turkey Egypt etc.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
alignacademy:

The danger in this line of reasoning is to assume that only money can give you "authority".

If that's the case, then the early apostles who penned the Scriptures must have missed it.

Mention one 'early apostle' that was poor or lived in penury...assumption is the lowest form of knowledge...get your bible and ask the help of the Holy Spirit to understand it. Don't depend on bulletins and homily
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Wolfbrother(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lol church business is good business...
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by paulpery: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Church Nigeria limited. Awon ole
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
3Hopeblog:
people way no sabi go begin shout church offering. Nobody was forced to give a penny and you won't be sent out if you did not give. Being a dedicated winner pays. I am a living witness. Oh! Yes! He answers prayers, the Lord I serve answers prayers, only jesus answers prayers.
I tap into ur testimony / anointing.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
ifyain:

Yes because business men have taken over in form of pastors, it is now for the highest bidder and soon Arab money will start buying the churches. your guess is as good as mine.

Ekpa what he is saying happened hundred of years ago under the very watch of the Catholic Church because they left Christianity to engage in religion and hence parting ways with the worker ...the Holy Spirit ....... there is a Las Vegas doing the bidding of Satan ...immorality ...therefore we must challenge Satan here on the earth by building a first vegas on his own very turf.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by toggy: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Who are WE?
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
MrMcJay:
Christianity in Nigeria has lost focus.
How many souls have you won. At least if I don't know anyone he has preached to at least I know I once came out for one of his alter call.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" / Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.