Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle (25659 Views)

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 4:50am On Aug 10, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO

The Unfaithful Gallows
Mother didn't give birth early enough, and the chief had to espouse Tabitha, a fair maiden. After some seasons passed, Tabitha put to bed and the now old chief slaughtered cows. But when mother took in and it was known, he hanged himself, feeling mocked and betrayed for mother knew he was a paper tiger.

36 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 4:51am On Aug 10, 2017
Missnande
MIND BELLOWS
Time is said to heal everything,but how much time will heal time?
Nine months of hosting a body in your belly,four-hour traumatic labour and seconds of joy at the fragile form,only to helplessly watch him take fleeting breaths moments later.
Will time untie the bond I shared with my son?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2017
illicit
BOGUS
He made to touch the "statue" but he withdrew his hand when it blinked. What! He looked closer and saw its mouth moving. Bollocks! He thought....
He lit a cigar and put it to the "statue's" rear. The "statue" exclaimed, Yeoowww!!! and dived in the pool.
He could not stop laughing as he strips himself....

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Kusibe77

TITLE: NOW, A DADDY
I smiled and cried softly. Benita, my dear, had arrived into our cozy bungalow from heaven with her mother's
body.
Immediately, her mother's pitiful scream was substituted with smile.
Rocking her gently, I beheld the resemblance; her oval face, and her pointed nose were like her mother's --- teary-smile --- like a dream, I'm now a daddy.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 10:54am On Aug 10, 2017
CRISCROSS

Cupid fooled me.

Broke as he was, I loved him, housed and financed his business.

The beatings had started with apologetic slaps, then remorse disappeared and painful sex climaxed each episode.

It was my fault.

Why didn’t I ever notice?
Oh my daughter!

“Nooooooooooooooooo!”

Hands tied, I couldn’t stop him.
I watched him enter her.

Jazminnye

67 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
KimberlyWest
CHARACTER IS THE PRINCIPAL THING NOT BEAUTY.
''We're gathered here...''
''Your 'good girl' character won't do you any good, you're too ugly, no man will marry you.''
For 25 years, those words were hurled at me by neighbours and schoolmates, without any spark of decency.
''...I now pronounce you man and wife.''
''You're beautiful.'' he whispered to me, as tears cascaded down my cheeks.

79 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Gmike2rule
The Survivors
The pang of hunger mixed with the windy rain couldn't stop Joel as he carried the stiff corpse of his daughter. The painful gun wound on his arm, the weeping of his wife, and the terrible silence of his ten-year-old son gnawed at him as they escaped from Damaturu and Bokoharam along with other survivors.

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
A Glimpse At Us
The last guest paid her condolence and left. Max wiped his face and dumped himself unto the sofa. He nodded at his wife and she replied with the faintest smile. Their son's death brought more relieve than pain.
Their kid was an 1mbecile, and I was the only one who knew of his beautiful paintings.
Gsteve001

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by LarrySun(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Selected Contestants:

1. OluwabuqqyYOLO

2. Gmike2Rule

Well, to review the stories:

Frankenstein: I really like the fact that you wrote your narrative from the perspective of a dog. And for someone who resides in Ikorodu and understands first-hand the insurgency of the Badoo cult group, I appreciate this work. But it would not be entirely right of me to choose a story due to personal experience, or relatable ideology for that matter. I am obliged to choose a work that leans more on the side of literature; and personally, I believe that's where OluwabuqqyYOLO's unicorn grew a longer horn at the snout. However, I still had to question my choice; indeed, I was sitting on a fence about what story to choose. Yours is a deep story, his a deep writing style. Here, I was in a quandary. And so, after reading both stories over and over, I decided to share among anonymous folk who appreciate good writings; unsurprisingly, it was almost a tie, but your opponent's story picked the lead still. Choosing between your story and your opponent's was the toughest decision I had to make.

You are a very good writer, there's absolutely no doubt about it, but you can be much better. I would love to read some of your works if you've got any. That big-headed OluwabuqqyYOLO was a diamond in the rough when I met him, but he has become so good that he gives me the creeps. Don't stop writing, Frankenstein, you've got it in you. You can only get better.

Skarlett: Yours was the first story I read. It moved me to tears. I should have selected it but for a little error. What you wrote was supposed to be a letter, which is perfect, but that letter shouldn't have contained quotation marks. Your opponent, Gmike2Rule, wrote something almost as heart-rending as yours. You both are amazingly talented. I feel so glad to have had you in my group. You are a wonderful, writer, Skarlett dear, it's so unfortunate that I had to choose. You write comfortably in almost any genre. You gained my respect the day you wrote that story about gunshot. Don't you dare give up writing; your decision may cause the third world war. Much love.

God bless you all.

LSD.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by repogirl(f): 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
Gosh! This is very hard! embarassed It's why I've been postponing the inevitable. DIVEPEN1!!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO CHOOOSE?! SOBS*

Okay, wipes tears and clears throat.*

Illicit, Jazminnye, kusibe77 amd Missnande... Your stories were very good, but I have to do this. embarassed

Chai!

I pick Illicit and Missnande!

Kusibe77, I understood what you were going for, but you didn't pick the right words to capture what your character felt for his newborn. How is a baby born with the mother's body? That would be super weird. Good work all the same.

Illicit, your last sentence should have been 'stripped' not 'strips', watch the tenses please. Your story was hilarious. The first sentence catching and the second one intriguing but, the concluding sentence was weak and slightly confusing. Think of your last sentence as a punchline, It should wow/amaze the reader. Congrats on moving forward.

Jazminnye, good work but sorry I couldn't retain you. Hopefully the votes will redeem you. You wrote well but there was just something more edgy about Missnande's writing. Her story almost sent me to tears.
If you get to return, touch another subject aside domestic violence please and work it with your special magic.

Missnande, good job and keep it up. You're through to the next stage. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by AudreyTimms(f): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
I apologize for the late result.

Team Elixir

1. piroux

2. GSteve001

Kimberlywest, congratulations. I can see you've already made it to the next round. That's my only reason for not picking you. I was more than impressed with your story. You've greatly improved. Keep it up.

Debbietiyan, you did well too. Wish you had edited your story though. All the same, you should be proud of yourself.

I applaud you all.

Team Elixir, if you wanna win this, you've got to reach in deep and bring it out.

By the way, GSteve001, it's, 'relief' not 'relieve'

#teamplatinum

4 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 3:48am On Aug 12, 2017
At this point, readers, fans and lovers, we will need your vote. Each person is entitled to two votes, a like and a share. The person(two) with the highest vote wins, this would run for only today. Readers are to vote for

1. Kimberlywest
2. Debbietiyan
3. Kusibe77
4. Jasminnye
5. Skarlett
6. Frankenstein

The top two proceed to the next stage. Please go through the thread and read their works.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 12:29am On Aug 13, 2017
1. Kimberlywest---62 Likes 44 Shares= 106 votes 2. Debbietiyan--- 27 likes + 16 shares= 43 votes 3. Kusibe77---) 8 Likes 3 Shares= 11 votes 4. Jasminnye= 64 Likes 40 Shares = 104 votes 5. Skarlett-- 70 Likes + 62 shares= 132 votes 6. Frankenstein- 53 Likes+ 33 shares= 86 votes

Top 2
Skarlett--132 votes Kimberlywest- 106 votes

2 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 6:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)- August 13–15
— The judges would pick three contestants
--- They have the right to choose anyone among their picks and members of their team voted for.
— Reader's vote would pick three more contestants.
This leaves us with 6 contestants

Contestants
Team Elixir

piroux
GSteve001
Kimberlywest

Team Repogirl
Illicit
Missnande

Team Larrysun

OluwabuqqyYOLO
Gmike2Rule

Skarlett

Audreytimms
Larrysun
Repogirl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
Skarlett

*Iya ni wura
Mariam, a widow, lives under Daleko bridge and sweeps big compounds for a living. For 30 years she toiled and made sacrifices to ensure her three sons do not live in a shanty like she did.
Turns out she failed, none of their mansions are big enough to have her.

*mother(hood) is priceless.

94 Likes 62 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
KimberlyWest
THE INNOCENT MURDERER.
''Bestie, I killed an innocent man.''
''Ebere!''
''I saw him at the market, screamed 'THIEF!' and he was caught and beaten to death, I later saw the real murderer; he has a scorpion-tattoo on his cheek. I should've left vengeance to God.''
''I don't...
''My parent murderer, I KILLED HIS TWIN BROTHER!''

92 Likes 68 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
piroux
Misery loves company
His life was over, he thought, depressed. He had lost his job, wife and children.
Then he heard his neighbors fighting again and their children crying miserably.
He picked up the gun angrily and went to their door.
He would end it for all of them. None would wake tomorrow.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
illicit

Infant Immortality

It travelled down the lonely greasy path soiling its birthday suit and arrived a new world where life was too bright, cold, smelly and alarmingly deafening.... It kept mute.
They watched....

It was grabbed and turned upside down gently. A palm struck its buttocks once.
Shocked! The newborn wailed indefinitely....

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 3:08am On Aug 15, 2017
GSteve001
Devil's Lair
Kenny should have known. His wife never welcomed him with a warm smile or good food.
He moulded a bit of the pounded yam, stirred it in the fish stew and swallowed.
“Why are you smiling?” he asked his wife.
“I poisoned our meal. Welcome to h-h-ell.” She spilled blood.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 3:24am On Aug 15, 2017
Missnande

THE MISTAKE
I stare furiously at the stranger as he pays for his meal from my wallet,which I left on the table to use the restroom.
He knowingly smiles and points behind him, I Iook and see my actual wallet and realize I'm on the wrong table. I smile apologetically.
'Thank God!'

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO

Like The Twitch Before A Teardrop

After the chief's death, people despised our mother, like slaves despised their lords. While she womb still harbored Kure, she was put in jail. There, she met Alero who then planted me in her and whom Kure learnt to call father. But happiness had a slender body that broke easily.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
Gmike2rule

One More Step

Asake chuckled as she typed excitedly into her phone. Her mother's footsteps echoed as they descended the staircase.
' You and this phone', her mother complained.
' Leave me mama', she mumbled. ' I'm not...'
She screamed as she missed a step and sent her Samsung S8 crashing, screen first.

14 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.