Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard (19609 Views)

Big Python Killed In Our Farm Swallowed 2 Turkeys (Pictured) / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by mecuzee(m): 3:36am On Aug 30, 2017
You can keep up to 150 then. You'll have to be conscious of ventilation though as broilers need a lot of fresh air! smiley

jeeray:

Intend to keep them for 8wks sir
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by mecuzee(m): 3:39am On Aug 30, 2017
Nice. Kindly share how you prepared it, dosage and administration! smiley

tasho105:
Day 39

Blended bitter leaf in water today.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by tasho105(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2017
mecuzee:
Nice. Kindly share how you prepared it, dosage and administration! smiley

Blended leaves,50-60cl in 4ltrs of water.Not the standard dosage though.
Please do share an alternative or better organic herbs/drugs for birds other than synthetic.wished I could do basically organic for my birds but...
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by tasho105(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2017
Apologies....50-60ml
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by efetoma(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2017
Are you still using the fermented feeds?
tasho105:
Day 31

Vitalyte today
They finished the 8th bag of feed yesterday.
Opened the 9th bag this morning.
Birds rate of feed consumption has doubled.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by jeeray(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
mecuzee:
You can keep up to 150 then. You'll have to be conscious of ventilation though as broilers need a lot of fresh air! smiley

Thanks sir
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by tasho105(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
efetoma:
Are you still using the fermented feeds?
Yes
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by arizona20: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2017
Good evening house.please @TASHO 105 ,PLEASE HELP ME WITH YOUR NO.

nanamm4real@yahoo.com

Please need to discuss with you privately PLEASE
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by arizona20: 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2017

nanamm4real@yahoo.com

Please need to discuss with you privately PLEASE.
Also can we create a whatsapp GROUP. .I think it will help us
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by jfkenny(m): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
arizona20:

nanamm4real@yahoo.com

Please need to discuss with you privately PLEASE.
Also can we create a whatsapp GROUP. .I think it will help us
There ar so many broiler what'sapp groups
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by tasho105(m): 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2017
jfkenny:

There ar so many broiler what'sapp groups
Yea so many indeed but none that i know of with the intention of sharing info to educating us.Most of the whatsapp groups on poultry are for business...you'll have to pay before they enlist you with the real group.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by tasho105(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2017
Day 43

Started Scent leaf in water today after 3 days of Bitter leaf and 1 day of plain water.
Taking the last shot of 13th bag this evening.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by Yhemit(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
sir
am sure your birds must be ready for market now. great work sir, am also willing/praying to start something in agrobusiness soon. tired of watching and dropping comments.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by jfkenny(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2017
Tasho What's up with ur birds
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by ifysimple(f): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
tasho105:
Day 43

Started Scent leaf in water today after 3 days of Bitter leaf and 1 day of plain water.
Taking the last shot of 13th bag this evening.

You have totally gone organic. I m going into poultry for the first time and i 'd like to go organic from day 1. Do you advise that i do that? Again is there a schedule to foĺlow organically from day 1. thanks in advance.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by bigiyaro(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
can i fament my chic feed witout LAB? cos i dont have access to LAB serum
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by abassmayowa24(m): 5:35am On Sep 15, 2017
bigiyaro:
can i fament my chic feed witout LAB? cos i dont have access to LAB serum

You Can
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by bigiyaro(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2017
abassmayowa24:

You Can
Tanks alot. pls can u tip me a little.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by abassmayowa24(m): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
bgiyaro:
Tanks alot. pls can u tip me a little.

Get a bucket... fill it with water to some level..add the feed to it and stir it thoroughly then cover the bucket.
Always ensure that you stir it daily(like 4 to 5 times in a day..for 3 days) make sure that the water level is always above the feed.
If you get this right..within 3 days your feed is fermented and ready for use.
LAB is just to fasten the process i.e if you add LAB to the 'concortion'..you can start using the feed the following day.
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by crro: 9:02pm On May 13, 2018
Hello all, pls I'm looking for fertilized Turkey eggs .

Quantity - 300.
Breed - Preferably "Foreign" Turkey but "Local" is fine.
Location -.Port Harcourt , Rivers State

Contacted on : 09075936267, 08181143612, 07019136097

All lines available on whats-app
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by Aychuks: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
[quote author=tasho105 post=58990180]Day 10:
Gave birds Gumboro vaccine and vitamins after.
Had to give them another 1kg feed @430am.
Started with 4kg feed today.
Another dead bird today.I realised I have picked 4 dead birds at the same point for past 4 days.Had to rearrange the pen by putting feeding can at the spot so that birds will not perch there and stampede one another.Hope it works[/wen u gv vaccines.... Gumboro nd lasota....ensure large quatity does nt spill on d floor....bury d left over after administering it for 2hrs.....wash drinkers nd continue wit clean plain water dat dat....no drugs lyk vitamin....u ll alter d work of d vaccine]
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by Aychuks: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
Dude...u dont gv drugs on day of vaccine...just plain water....nd vaccine duration is 2hrs...bury leftover...it is air transmit...a gud percentage shouldnt pour in ur brooding house
tasho105:
Day 10:
Gave birds Gumboro vaccine and vitamins after.
Had to give them another 1kg feed @430am.
Started with 4kg feed today.
Another dead bird today.I realised I have picked 4 dead birds at the same point for past 4 days.Had to rearrange the pen by putting feeding can at the spot so that birds will not perch there and stampede one another.Hope it works
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by potosky: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
tasho105:
Lost the last 8 wks old turkey of my 2nd batch today.
I lost the cost of buying the birds and the cost of feeding them for over 8 weeks - very painful

I am on the 3Rd batch of birds in my backyard.

The first batch arrived 23/05/17 - 50 FIDAN broilers and 5 foreign turkeys ordered from poultry plaza.Culled 41 broilers at 9+wks and put in the freezer to sell to neighbors and friends, lost the 5 foreign turkeys.

The second batch arrived 16/06/17 - 50 Zartech Cobb 700 and 12 local turkey ordered from a nairalander.This batch was supposed to be better than the first but I started losing them right from the day I got them.Before 2 wks I had lost more than half of the turkeys and like 20 broilers-hard luck you would say.

This thread is for the third batch which I received on 21/07/17. i wanted to order for 100 broilers and 20 foreign turkeys when I started the thread but I later changed my mind when I got to know the wayo most of these agents play when you order for birds.

A short story--- I reside in Abuja but I am originally from Ibadan.i spent the best part of my life in Ibadan at Oluyole Estate where most hatcheries are.
So when I was about to order the third batch,my brother in Ibadan let me know that he could get them for me from the open market by Obasanjo farms in Oluyole and give to the drivers that normally hang around teachers' house.He gave me the prices and I realised that it's a lot cheaper.He even told me about how the agents used to change cartons and birds.
I eventually saved lots of money and got healthy and quality birds at the end of the day.
I had no plans of buying plain carton but when I discovered a childhood friend with a quality breeder,he sells day old chicks too...so I picked from him a carton of broilers + 10 extra birds at N80 per bird,4 foreign turkeys at N1400 and 6 local turkeys at N350.
I also bought a carton of Sayed at N130,at a time the agents were selling at N160/170.I bought a carton of male line at 150,agents were selling N190/200 then.You can imagine how much I saved.

Dear Nairalanders,pls be informed that you can book your birds directly from all hatcheries on phone if you have their contacts.You can get the contacts from their websites.i am sure of Nastech,Zartech,Foresight,NPG...Also Amo but their minimum order is 500 birds.
Let us try as much as possible to avoid these agents that sell substandard and unhealthy birds,or change birds from branded to plain cartons.It's always painful when you invest your hard earned money and achieve nothing at the end.

please do you have cascada hatchery contact?
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by chisam22(m): 1:40am On Feb 01, 2019
Try and visit www.agrobubble.com
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by PaschalN: 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
potosky:

POULTRY PLAZA IS A FRAUD

I paid for Noilers via their online payment portal and the payment went through but they decided not to give the products and would not give me back my money. They told me to go to Access Bank, but Access bank gave me proof that the transaction went through, but they still would not give me either my money ot the Noilers. I am going to file a case in court against them. No Nigerian should have to go through this nonsense and I am going to make sure they don't do it to another person. THEY ARE THIEVES
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by potosky: 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2019
PaschalN:

POULTRY PLAZA IS A FRAUD

I paid for Noilers via their online payment portal and the payment went through but they decided not to give the products and would not give me back my money. They told me to go to Access Bank, but Access bank gave me proof that the transaction went through, but they still would not give me either my money ot the Noilers. I am going to file a case in court against them. No Nigerian should have to go through this nonsense and I am going to make sure they don't do it to another person. THEY ARE THIEVES
sorry
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by PHOTSEE(m): 3:32am On Feb 16, 2019
NICE
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by joshymere(m): 10:34am On Feb 16, 2019
potosky:
Pls can I get ur mobile, love what u are doing? This my email joshymere@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by Cassie74: 10:44am On Feb 16, 2019
potosky:
sorry

Did you get their number... Cascada... Interested please

1 Like

Re: 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard by potosky: 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2019
Cassie74:

Did you get their number... Cascada... Interested please
no. I even tried google but nothing came up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? / Please How Many Bags Of Garri Can One Get From 1 Tons Of Cassava?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.