Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? (38400 Views)

My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. / Two Nigerian Women Kissing At A Wedding Ceremony. Photo Sparks Outrage / Nigerian Man Demands Car From Son-in-law Ahead Of Wedding, Daughter Supports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
i dont ever want to have a traditional marriage, too many unfamiliar ppl that i'm expected to shine teeth with and i refuse to have to pretend on my day to be so thrilled to see ppl idgaf about. so there...
i dont want a white wedding either cos it's very unnecessary in my opinion, i just dont get it.
my ideal wedding is a small court marriage with immediate family and very close friends present maximum 7 from both sides, total of 14, after the papers are signed, we'll have the reception at sunset till dawn at a private beach(with prior reservation of course), nothing tacky, very classy setting, good wine, good weed, good indie music, beautiful tall cake(this, i'm very particular about, my wedding cake must be outright stunning), we'll toast to life, get high, dance, make small talk and just enjoy ourselves. in the morning, we part ways with the guests and leave for our honeymoon. no extravagant gifts expected from my guests, we're just gonna make very good memories and let them be happy for us.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Ishilove: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
Toks2008:

That's about N5m for one day event
To each his own grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by fumiswtpusy(f): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
Old man go and get married and leave us alone.time is not on your side.
Even you ishillove you are a woman menopause is loading 10,8,6, 4,one to go.look for even if it is a house boy or conductor and get married to.even if it's a poorman without sense like tosyne2much.
In summary nigeria has so many problems now and if you an elder and you can't profer situation to any.then stfu.all these are not necessary.
Can't you write about the half dead buhari.
Or how niger delta and igbos have no sea port etc.
I gues you are afraid anyway its normal for we yorubas to be cowards.
They call me the first brave,neat and truthful yoruba girl.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Toks2008(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
I don't know if lalasticlala or mynd44 will find this interesting cos Naija guys need to have a clue.
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by AlexCk: 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
sexybbstar:

Don't run away, come back here

Come back keh, so that u wee throw frying pan and pot on my head abi.
Lol

Tor.
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
selflessmaya:
i dont ever want to have a traditional marriage, too many unfamiliar ppl that i'm expected to shine teeth with and i refuse to have to pretend on my day to be so thrilled to see ppl idgaf about. so there...
i dont want a white wedding either cos it's very unnecessary in my opinion, i just dont get it.
my ideal wedding is a small court marriage with immediate family and very close friends present maximum 7 from both sides, total of 14, after the papers are signed, we'll have the reception at sunset till dawn at a private beach(with prior reservation of course), nothing tacky, very classy setting, good wine, good weed, good indie music, beautiful tall cake(this, i'm very particular about, my wedding cake must be outright stunning), we'll toast to life, get high, dance, make small talk and just enjoy ourselves. in the morning, we part ways with the guests and leave for our honeymoon. no extravagant gifts expected from my guests, we're just gonna make very good memories and let them be happy for us.

I believe ylu are a lady so i hope you communicate this to your partner cos many guys usually conclude that many ladies want expensive wedding ceremonies.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by crismark(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
My white wedding, 300 people, 150 from each side, i will rent a wedding gown or design myself. For the white wedding reception, 2 million should cover it maximum, 2.5 million, for court just me and my bae, like 200k should cover it. For traditional too, also 300 people mostly family and friends, 2 million should cover it. This is my minimum standard, we will both achieve this without any wahala after or soaking garri during honeymoon. I am hustling, you had better be set..
Omo ur wedding go like cost ooo

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by kingrt2(m): 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hmm
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
AlexCk:

Come back keh, so that u wee throw frying pan and pot on my head abi. Lol
Tor.
Lol smiley smiley
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
A simple and tasteful wedding with not more than 100 people, strictly by invitation, make up by BanksBM Pro, photography by Atunbi experience, very classy souvenirs and tasteful dishes.

Not more than 2 hours reception so I can go and groove my husband on my honeymoon.
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by jchioma: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
Economy is not smiling at all o! However, I'm not given to ostentatious lifestyle, so it should be something modest. The Traditional will gulp more. Court is cheap and simple. We will free the Church ceremony. Give or take, a budget of N250k will do.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
I know I shouldn't be commenting here since i am a guy but any guest of more than 25 or 30 people is too much for me grin
Where is the money biko angry

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by muller101(m): 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
I will remain a nun. A man nun grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by LazyNairalander(m): 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Make I pullover here, maybe I will find her here.
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by dotcile28(f): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:

I don't have friends in church and I won't even invite office people abeg. Just family and very close and old friends
And you are sure that won't be more than 50 guest ?
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Bills2307(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
LazyNairalander:
Make I pullover here, maybe I will find her here.
is dat her

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by ChiefOlabowla(m): 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
selflessmaya:

Good weed inclusive ?... Oya patewo yourself. Shisha no go join?
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
My white wedding, 300 people, 150 from each side, i will rent a wedding gown or design myself. For the white wedding reception, 2 million should cover it maximum, 2.5 million, for court just me and my bae, like 200k should cover it. For traditional too, also 300 people mostly family and friends, 2 million should cover it. This is my minimum standard, we will both achieve this without any wahala after or soaking garri during honeymoon. I am hustling, you had better be set..
Yoruba girl spotted....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by LazyNairalander(m): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
VargasVee:
All these 100 people Max, I hope the wedding won't be in Nigeria.

80% of Nigerians are the nosiest people ever, even when not invited, they'll still storm there. Most of them even bring along their ancestors grin
thank God, I am a Biafran.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by LazyNairalander(m): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Toks2008:

What could be responsible for your apt and rare intelligence?

Afonja whats so exceptional about that comment?

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by uwa244(m): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:
Very quiet and low key with a maximum of 50 people in attendance. 25 from my side, 25 from his.

What informs my choice is not economy but privacy. It is not how lavish a wedding ceremony is that will determine the success of a marriage.

For example, the 1980 wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana was the most beautiful and lavish wedding ceremony up to that point in history. It was broadcast to billions worldwide and leaders across the world attended.

Today where are they? Prince Charles is married to someone else while Lady Di is in the grave. And they were separated for years before her death.

Noise. It is not by feferity and noise.

Marriage is serious business and people nowadays get so carried away by the fanfare of wedding ceremonies that they forget this immutable fact.
What you should realize is that over 40% of attendees on your wedding day might be strange faces you haven't seen b4.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by LazyNairalander(m): 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
Bills2307:
is dat her
are you two sibs?
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Lanretoye(m): 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
that's deserving for most ladies but as a Yoruba lady u know the bulk of the amount should come from the ladies family...if I may ask,what percentage of that amount can u afford as you are now.
well I believe that's what ladies desire before 25,and at almost 27 you wouldn't mind a ceremony of about 1.5 then at 30 or fair above,your family should be willing to give u out for just an introduction of less than 100k.any moment after that,a sharp guy will just impregnate you and you are parking in with him for just accepting to be responsible for it.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Edowitch: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Hope after honeymoon you wouldn't faint or have eye problem

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by dipznano: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

If i were to choose, i wud prefer very modest but solemn wedding ceremony...

Maximum 10 ppol will be invited. NO MORE THAN 10.

Civil wedding wud do. No need of a church wedding since i do not have a religion.. cool

Wedding gown? Maybe.

Wedding Reception: Juz in hotel..So it will be juz counted..RSVP only. cool

Na person like u go end up having a reception like campaign rally!!! grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by ikevictor: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
selflessmaya:

Sounds good. But I can smell the bill associated with this...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by lazeal: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
thesuave10:

Even worse.. .she referred to it as noise, it could be fun to someone else. Also Prince Charles wedding has nothing to do with marriage. How can you call that reference intelligent. What has wedding got to do with the marriage. Being lavish or not has nothing to do with intelligence. undecided nairalanders like that ishilove lack sense. Go to reddit and see intelligent comments and not that B. S

Oga drink Otapiapia if itpains you too

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by Fkforyou(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:

I don't have friends in church and I won't even invite office people abeg. Just family and very close and old friends

Don't let them accuse you of being stingy...o grin

Don't you know how we Nigerians value wedding food, most especially the rice?.. cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:
Very quiet and low key with a maximum of 50 people in attendance. 25 from my side, 25 from his.

What informs my choice is not economy but privacy. It is not how lavish a wedding ceremony is that will determine the success of a marriage.

For example, the 1980 wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana was the most beautiful and lavish wedding ceremony up to that point in history. It was broadcast to billions worldwide and leaders across the world attended.

Today where are they? Prince Charles is married to someone else while Lady Di is in the grave. And they were separated for years before her death.

Noise. It is not by feferity and noise.

Marriage is serious business and people nowadays get so carried away by the fanfare of wedding ceremonies that they forget this immutable fact.

Low-key wedding is the dream of most people,but then again, Family members no go let person see road. I for one would love such a wedding, but you see my mama? She is a crowd puller. She doesn't need to share invite sef. grin..make breeze just blow say Mumsi Jeff first Pikin dey marry, okpari!! Wedding don cast lol

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ninety percent of the ladies asking for a low key wedding on this thread are LIARS.
If this was truly the prevailing sentiment, 80% of men above 25 would be married.
Lies, Lies Everywhere.

....walks far from thread with popcorn in hand

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Type Of Wedding Ceremony Would You Prefer? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
VargasVee:
All these 100 people Max, I hope the wedding won't be in Nigeria.

80% of Nigerians are the nosiest people ever, even when not invited, they'll still storm there. Most of them even bring along their ancestors grin

Most of the people for Nigerian weddings no get invite lol... Some no know whondey wed sef. NA their paddy them follow come just to come chow lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

As a fine boy, I Get Jealous When I See Finer Boys. / Less Is More / Women’s Behavior When Getting Wooed Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.