Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

Character Traits Men Love In Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Character Traits Men Love In Women (1843 Views)

Why Do Old Men Love To Chase After Young Girls? / 6 Traits Men Want In A Long Term Female Partner / Ladies, If He Exudes Most Of These Traits, Pls Consider Marrying Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
sunshineG:
Vict.ornezzar where is pop corn biko
I think this thread maybe come very interesting

I may learn one or two grammer biko
..here cheesy

Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by pryme(m): 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hand over these type of Ladies to fvckboys, and you will be doing them a great disservice
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by DarkRebel69: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
You're missing the point bro

Decisiveness has nothing to do with submissiveness... Let's assume you're submissive to your boss, does it mean he can't delegate power to you to make a decisive decision in his absence?

Or are you trying to tell me that my gf has to seek advice from me before she can decide whether she should date a guy asker her out? No I guess

Decisiveness could mean right sense of judgment

There's some correlation, however thin it might be, between submisiveness and decisiveness, so yes, it has everything to do with it. Submissiveness comes with connotations of dependency on others, which could further be construed as the inability of an individual to think and act independently.
If you crave a submissive woman, then what you want in essence is a thoughtless ornament, a servile yes-man, an Uriah Heep who would acquiesce to all your vagaries, and who wouldn't think to oppose you in any way even when you're in the wrong and in dire need of opposition.

The example you gave of your girlfriend poorly depicts desiciveness. If a girl has a boyfriend and is being hounded by another guy who keeps asking her out, what it takes is common sense to turn down the advances of said guy, and maybe loyalty, too.

If I may ask, are the parameters of a boss-staff relationship the same as one's relationship with his wife?
I think that is where you've got it mucked up. Spousal relationships are not like the relationship a boss has with his staff, or the relationship a master has with his servants. In its most ideal sense, it is rooted in mutuality and co-dependence, not domination or submission.

If submissiveness is what you crave then it'd be for the best if you'd be kind enough to apprise your would-be wife from the outset that your marriage to her is to be of the _BDSM variety because, trust me, it's only in that setting that the words “domination” and “submission” rightly apply.
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's what it is.

Decisive women are people who know what they want and will go in pursuit of it. They are people with good directional instinct

A typical example here.
A married woman is submissive to her husband in the sense that she isn't cheating on him and has never cheated on him even when tempted...of course, she's submissive to her husband. Again, this same woman is very decisive in the sense that; she takes decisions on how certain things should be done in her home and stands by her words or says "No" to her husband on certain absurd suggestions. Such a woman is submissive and decisive. So you didn't make any mistake in quoting both words as your desires in a woman. grin

1 Like

Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
Victornezzar:

Egbon ask my boss lefulefu
na agbo I dey sell grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by tosyne2much(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

There's some correlation, however thin it might be, between submisiveness and decisiveness, so yes, it has everything to do with it. Submissiveness comes with connotations of dependency on others, which could further be construed as the inability of an individual to think and act independently.
If you crave a submissive woman, then what you want in essence is a thoughtless ornament, a servile yes-man, an Uriah Heep who would acquiesce to all your vagaries, and who wouldn't think to oppose you in any way even when you're in the wrong and in dire need of opposition.

The example you gave of your girlfriend poorly depicts desiciveness. If a girl has a boyfriend and is being hounded by another guy who keeps asking her out, what it takes is common sense to turn down the advances of said guy, and maybe loyalty, too.

If I may ask, are the parameters of a boss-staff relationship the same thing as one's relationship with his wife?
I think that is where you've got it all wrong. Spousal relationships are not like the relationship a boss has with his staff, or the relationship a master has with his servants. In its most ideal sense, it is rooted in mutuality and co-depedence, not domination or submission.

If submissiveness is what you crave then it'd be for the best is you'd be kind enough to apprise your would-be wife from the outset that the marriage is mostly to be of the _BDSM variety, because, trust me, it's only in that setting that the words “domination” and “submission” rightly apply.

So you still don't believe that a submissive woman can be decisive?
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
lefulefu:

..here cheesy
the fight don finish jare grin
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by thesuave10(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

If I may ask, are the parameters of a boss-staff relationship the same thing as one's relationship with his wife?
I think that is where you've got it all wrong. Spousal relationships are not like the relationship a boss has with his staff, or the relationship a master has with his servants. In its most ideal sense, it is rooted in mutuality and co-depedence, not domination or submission.

If submissiveness is what you crave then it'd be for the best is you'd be kind enough to apprise your would-be wife from the outset that the marriage is mostly to be of the _BDSM variety, because, trust me, it's only in that setting that the words “domination” and “submission” rightly apply.

Just shut up. You sound dum. Submissiveness has nothing to do with being decisive. See submission in this caseas a president and a vice president . They both share similar ideologies and beliefs . They both have opinions but when it comes to running the country (home) one person makes the final decision and is the leader
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
sunshineG:
the fight don finish jare grin
another one fit start sha grin grin grin
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by tosyne2much(m): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
Benita27:
A typical example here.
A married woman is submissive to her husband in the sense that she isn't cheating on him and has never cheated on him even when tempted...of course she's submissive to her husband. Again, this same woman is very decisive in the sense that; she takes decisions on how certain things should be done in her home and stands by her words or says "No" to her husband on certain absurd suggestions. Such a woman is submissive and decisive. So you didn't make any mistake in quoting both words as your desires in a woman. grin
May God bless you for this thoughtful comment

Submissiveness could be faithfulness and humility, while decisiveness could be taking good decisions without the validation of your husband. As simple as ABC cheesy
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
May God bless you for this thoughtful comment

Submissiveness could be faithfulness and humility, while decisiveness could be taking good decisions without the validation of your husband. As simple as ABC cheesy
Simple.
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by DarkRebel69: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
So you still don't believe that a submissive woman can be decisive?

Of course I do. I believe she can be decisive in one out of two million occassions. And that's me being lenient with my grading system. grin
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by thesuave10(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
This darkrebel69 ain't got sense grin
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please let my dullard self contribute to the topic intelligent people are discoursing

Now according to the dictionary a submissive person is a person who is ready to conform to authority or a passive person

While decisive person is a person ready to take decsion quickly and effectively

Clearly these words are not the opposite of each other
However, there is a small diffrence between someone who is passive and a person who takes decision quickly but that doesn't mean a passive person can't take decisions too

But let me mind my business
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by DarkRebel69: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Benita27:
A typical example here.
A married woman is submissive to her husband in the sense that she isn't cheating on him and has never cheated on him even when tempted...of course, she's submissive to her husband Again, this same woman is very decisive in the sense that; she takes decisions on how certain things should be done in her home and stands by her words or says "No" to her husband on certain absurd suggestions. Such a woman is submissive and decisive. So you didn't make any mistake in quoting both words as your desires in a woman. grin

When a married woman does not prostitute herself, it's not submissiveness, but fidelity and faithfulness.

How possible is it for a submissive person to be said to be decisive? A woman who says NO to her husband is not being submissive at that point, but rather is being assertive.
Do you even truly understand the meaning of the word "submissive"? A submissive individual is one who is passive, one who conforms to authority and cannot act independently, and one who is obedient almost to the point of ingratiation.

1 Like

Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by mikeycharles(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by thesuave10(m): 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

When a married woman does not prostitute herself, it's not submissiveness, but fidelity and faithfulness.

How possible is it for a submissive person to be said to be decisive? A woman who says NO to her husband js not being submissive at that point, but being assertive.
Do you even truly understand the meaning of the word "submissive"? A submissive individual is one who is passive, one who conforms to authority and cannot act independently, and one who is obedient almost to the point of ingratiation.

shocked shocked my God! This guy is sha a fool lol.. Submissiveness is the willingness to be under authority. You can be under authority and act independently. You are under the authority of Nigerian government and it's laws and still act independently. You are under the authority of nairaland rules and still act independently. Why are NIGERIANS this dum na. I'm moving over to reddit. Da fucCcck? grin
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by tosyne2much(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
sunshineG:
Please let my dullard self contribute to the topic intelligent people are discoursing

Now according to the dictionary a submissive person is a person who is ready to conform to authority or a passive person

While decisive person is a person ready to take decsion quickly and effectively

Clearly these words are not the opposite of each other
However, there is a small diffrence between someone who is passive and a person who takes decision quickly but that doesn't mean a passive person can't take decisions too

But let me mind my business
You've spoken well my brother
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
You've spoken well my brother
we try my bro wink
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
thesuave10:

shocked shocked my God! This guy is sha a fool lol.. Submissiveness is the willingness to be under authority. You can be under authority and act independently. You are under the authority of Nigerian government and it's laws and still act independently. You are under the authority of nairaland rules and still act independently. Why are NIGERIANS this dum na. I'm moving over to reddit. Da fucCcck? grin
bro are you not the bro always giving advice in the travel section
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by thesuave10(m): 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
You guys should not miss the point. A generally passive person can be submissive to a particular person or authority. Don't look at submissiveness as a personal identity but as a trait anybody should have or must have. You can be submissive to your partner that is you're willing to be under his authority
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by thesuave10(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
sunshineG:
bro are you not the bro always giving advice in the travel section

There's a travel section? cheesy grin
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
thesuave10:

There's a travel section? cheesy grin

yep On nairaland bro grin
I thought I have meet you before
But maybe not wink
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

How possible is it for a submissive person to be said to be decisive? A woman who says NO to her husband is not being submissive at that point, but rather is being assertive.
Submissiveness in marriage isn't what your dictionary is giving you. It's different dear!. That a person is submissive doesn't mean they can't be decisive. Take our parents for example.

1 Like

Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by DarkRebel69: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Benita27:
Submissiveness in marriage isn't what your dictionary is giving you. It's different dear!. That a person is submissive doesn't mean they can't be decisive. Take our parents for example.

Spoken like a veritable product of passive-aggressive patriachy...
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Lol. grin cheesy You're entitled to what you think.
Re: Character Traits Men Love In Women by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2017
DarkRebel69:

bro I guess submissive may not be the accurate word to use
I think from tosins explanations he is looking for a team player
You know someone who will always seek his consent before taking key decisions and probably vice versa
Not a lady who will take important decisions in a marriage all by herself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rick Ross Throw Shades At Hush Puppi, Claims To Be The Gucci King (pic) / I Am Extremely Boring Is That A Sign Of High Or Low IQ? / This One Is Special For Nobodys,best Chef On Nl-(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.