Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave (2927 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by UyiIredi(m): 6:50am On Jul 20, 2017
1. Help from church members in time of need.

2. Getting a job.

3. Getting a husband/wife.

4. Getting capital and workers for your business.

5. Getting a skill, some churches have skill-acquisition programmes.

6. Making money as a pastor.

These are parctical benefits one can get as a church member. But atheists want you to leave all that for atheism. What benefits does atheism have to give?

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by Lordave: 6:58am On Jul 20, 2017
UyiIredi:

2. Getting a job.

These are parctical benefits one can get as a church member. But atheists want you to leave all that for atheism. What benefits does atheism have to give?

[b] 1. Help from church members in time of need.

If you can only get help from the members of your church, then Christianity is a hoax and it's followers has no business being referred to as Christians. Remember the parable of the good Samaritan.

2. Getting a job.

If you're are awarded a job because the interviewer has been compromised or is your church member, it means you're not the best qualified for the job and as such, Christianity supports/encourages nepotism and cheating.

My dad who is an ardent believer and Assemblies of God Church Goer didn't even meet my mum in the church, Mum was a Methodist then.

Please kindly go through number 1, thank you.

It can never be as good as our conventional skill acquisition programmes. Even an apprentice in Ariaria shoe market has a better chance of graduating with much experience and succeeding in his endeavour than you who combine religion with professionalism.

What more can I say? PastorPreneur ti take over!

How do you make money being a pastor? Did any of the early apostles go into the mission for wealth and profit making? What is the essence of preaching about our reward in heaven?
Seun, if you see any hypocrite type "Vanity upon Vanity" upon un-religious wealth, abeg a ban till we get rewarded in heaven can't be more appropriate.
Thank you.[/b]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by CoolUsername: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
Besides all the things the poster just above me has said, I just want to add that not every atheist tells people to leave the church and many haven't left themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
CoolUsername:
Besides all the things the poster just above me has said, I just want to add that not every atheist tells people to leave the church and many haven't left themselves.

Why haven't they left? What benefit could they possibly derive from being in a church when God is it's central discussion?
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by CoolUsername: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Why haven't they left? What benefit could they possibly derive from being in a church when God is it's central discussion?

The ones who built their lives around the church family sometimes find it difficult to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
CoolUsername:

The ones who built their lives around the church family sometimes find it difficult to leave.

Still makes no sense! If they built their lives around the church and the same church preaches what they are against or detest why not build their lives around those things or people that they have now embraced?

They can still have their relationship with family without being in church can't they?

I don't think it's based on the reasons you just gave. I feel it's due to deep uncertainty and fear of the unknown. Some actually remain so they can constantly riddle teachers with questions when the opportunity presents itself in the guise of opening the minds of the religious while they PRETEND to still be Christians.

So why ask those questions IF they are so sure of their convictions?
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by CoolUsername: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Still makes no sense! If they built their lives around the church and the same church preaches what they are against or detest why not build their lives around those things or people that they have now embraced?

They can still have their relationship with family without being in church can't they?

I don't think it's based on the reasons you just gave. I feel it's due to deep uncertainty and fear of the unknown. Some actually remain so they can constantly riddle teachers with questions when the opportunity presents itself in the guise of opening the minds of the religious while they PRETEND to still be Christians.

So why ask those questions IF they are so sure of their convictions?

Because in this hyper-religious country we live in, going to church is socially profitable.

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
CoolUsername:

Because in this hyper-religious country we live in, going to church is socially profitable.

So going to church for an atheist holds some profit even though it's a social one? I thought atheists say religion holds no value. Can you help reconcile?

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

So going to church for an atheist holds some profit even though it's a social one? I thought atheists say religion holds no value. Can you help reconcile?

Religion has its uses.

To brainwash
To make a community
To do charity
To control
To kill and dominate
To get booty

Religion is a tool. Careful how you use it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Religion has its uses.

To brainwash
To make a community
To do charity
To control
To kill and dominate
To get booty

Religion is a tool. Careful how you use it

Number 2 and 4 hold true for Christianity but the rest were just thrown in by you as an arm of ridicule and also state how messed up your mind is.

You can't stay away from me can you?

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Number 2 and 4 hold true for Christianity but the rest were just thrown in by you as an arm of ridicule and also state how messed up your mind is.

You can't stay away from me can you?

Lies! All of them apply to Christianity.

And yes, I have this irresistible urge to prove that you are an alt username for an oldie on the religion section

4 Likes

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by UyiIredi(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
CoolUsername:

The same with me though I am a deist.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by UyiIredi(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lordave:

[b] 1. Help from church members in time of need.

If you can only get help from the members of your church, then Christianity is a hoax and it's followers has no business being referred to as Christians. Remember the parable of the good Samaritan.

2. Getting a job.

If you're are awarded a job because the interviewer has been compromised or is your church member, it means you're not the best qualified for the job and as such, Christianity supports/encourages nepotism and cheating.

My dad who is an ardent believer and Assemblies of God Church Goer didn't even meet my mum in the church, Mum was a Methodist then.

Please kindly go through number 1, thank you.

It can never be as good as our conventional skill acquisition programmes. Even an apprentice in Ariaria shoe market has a better chance of graduating with much experience and succeeding in his endeavour than you who combine religion with professionalism.

What more can I say? PastorPreneur ti take over!

How do you make money being a pastor? Did any of the early apostles go into the mission for wealth and profit making? What is the essence of preaching about our reward in heaven?
Seun, if you see any hypocrite type "Vanity upon Vanity" upon un-religious wealth, abeg a ban till we get rewarded in heaven can't be more appropriate.
Thank you.[/b]

You didn't deny pastors make money. Jesus got by on donations of goodwill. Same for many pastors, even atheists like Hemant Mehta on Patreon.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
UyiIredi:

2. Getting a job.

You can.do all these without church, so what's ur point?

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

You can.do all these without church, so what's ur point?

The problem is that the society has made the church one of the best places to do this.

Seriously, churches on Sundays in Nigeria are more packed than any other event.

People would rather attend a church to pray their problems away rather than organize a campaign for their rights.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lies! All of them apply to Christianity.

And yes, I have this irresistible urge to prove that you are an alt username for an oldie on the religion section

Say what now? Irresistible what? To prove what? I may be a bit of an "oldie" in age but that's as far as it goes.

A few people have left me befuddled with this talk which were much like yours . However yours doesn't make it any clearer.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Say what now? Irresistible what? To prove what? I may be a bit of an "oldie" in age but that's as far as it goes.

A few people have left me befuddled with this talk which were much like yours . However yours doesn't make it any clearer.

grin grin

Its okay
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by decentmother1: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
COULD GOD BE SEEKING YOUR ATTENTION? WATCH THIS WORD VISION 2MINS SHORT FILM TITLED "ATTENTION" BY WALE APOTIERI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMQ3cEF2Qg
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
decentmother1:
COULD GOD BE SEEKING YOUR ATTENTION? WATCH THIS WORD VISION 2MINS SHORT FILM TITLED "ATTENTION" BY WALE APOTIERI

Lol. I do not think you realize the amount of ridicule you just subjected your god to with this video cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by frank317: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
sad
decentmother1:

Lol... Stop making your God sound like a baby in need of attention

2 Likes

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
hahn:

Lol. I do not think you realize the amount of ridicule you just subjected your god to with this video cheesy cheesy grin grin

Bwahaha grin grin
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

The problem is that the society has made the church one of the best places to do this.

Seriously, churches on Sundays in Nigeria are more packed than any other event.

People would rather attend a church to pray their problems away rather than organize a campaign for their rights.

Hmm..can't really relate cos I'm in the UK..
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

I can't relate either and I live here in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

undecided UK this, UK that.

You and spacetacular sef. Na only una reach London?

South London is a different case. Churches are packed there with West Africans. Old Kent road has about 15 black churches in that same road. One road and 15 churches!

So, yes, you can relate if you have been to South London.

Ya get me, fam? Innit blud?

2 Likes

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
hahn:

I can't relate either and I live here in Nigeria undecided

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

You are in UK and CANNOT RELATE? funny!

South London or south east as rightly observed by my troll is packed.

We have THE SOUTH EAST LONDON CHURCH with an average ratio of 20 whites to 1 black

We have REDEEMER CHURCH LONDON which has a ratio of 100 whites to 1 black

We have south Norwood baptist

Crystal palace community church

We have st. Luke's church woodside and hundreds more.

Churches in south and south east London are well over 500 and all are either almost packed full or packed full depending on which one. I know them because my team and I ply a lot of those routes.

You are in the UK and so cannot relate indeed. Lying is a terrible vice to have. Either lying about your location or lying about church attendance here. Both are terrible vices.

Most of these churches are run by whites and not blacks or Africans as wrongly insinuated by Jackfizzle.

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

I didn't even read your comment cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lepasharon, I can actually relate with Jackbizzle o

Exactly what he said grin
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

You are in UK and CANNOT RELATE? funny!

South London or south east as rightly observed by my troll is packed.

We have THE SOUTH EAST LONDON CHURCH with an average ratio of 20 whites to 1 black

We have REDEEMER CHURCH LONDON which has a ratio of 100 whites to 1 black

We have south Norwood baptist

Crystal palace community church

We have st. Luke's church woodside and hundreds more.

Churches in south and south east London are well over 500 and all are either almost packed full or packed full depending on which one. I know them because my team and I ply a lot of those routes.

You are in the UK and so cannot relate indeed. Lying is a terrible vice to have. Either lying about your location or lying about church attendance here. Both are terrible vices.

Most of these churches are run by whites and not blacks or Africans as wrongly insinuated by Jackfizzle.
ummm is this necessary. It's not tbh
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by CoolUsername: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
UyiIredi:

The same with me though I am a deist.

I can only imagine what an ex-Jehovah's Witness might have to go through.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
ummm is this necessary. It's not tbh

well to be honest it is necessary. Records have to be set straight. Someone is either lying about their location or are glued to a spot in London so act ignorant about other areas which couldn't be the case because even teens here have practically been all over.

By the power of deduction I can say the first option is most likely the case (location fabrication via imagination).
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

undecided UK this, UK that.

You and spacetacular sef. Na only una reach London?

South London is a different case. Churches are packed there with West Africans. Old Kent road has about 15 black churches in that same road. One road and 15 churches!

So, yes, you can relate if you have been to South London.

Ya get me, fam? Innit blud?
I just tire for them
I schooled at north carolina but I'm back here for now embarassed angry
But you don't see me going around saying that on every thread.
I hope to leave again for a masters degree soon though wasn't able to do it this year unfortunately
And then try and get permanent residency immediately. This Nigeria na nonsense place tongue
But I'm considering Canada. It's densely populated and it's so large. Even in large cities like Toronto and Vancouver there are a lot of property waiting to be occupied

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Archibishop Benson Idahosa Biography / Characters In The Bible That Were Actual SIMP / AMAZING! Watch Video Of Men And Women Bathe Together Naked In A River With Thei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.