Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave (2928 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / An Atheist Church!! Atheists Trying To Fill The "God" Void! / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by urheme: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Religion has its uses.

To brainwash
To make a community
To do charity
To control
To kill and dominate
To get booty

Religion is a tool. Careful how you use it

"To Do Charity"
How many of them really engage in Charities

Money is just so involved in religion...and it worries me......what God showed me is different from what most churches are projecting.....God is still looking for a man that will do it RIGHT.

Remove money and material gains from religion....almost all if not all will crumble.

JackBizzle, i am inclined to agree with you....and isn't this what has kept most of us in atheism ...... and despite all these negativity associated with Religion ..... I still maintain that there is a God that shows so much mercy.

the truth is that ...people need not go to religious houses houses to connect to this God.....read the book of Daniel.....there was no record that he was praying in the church.......But some How he Prays regularly and God Reveals deep secret to him.....people fall for religious scam because they are gullible.

JackBizzle, God is real believe me.....I,m Happy I connected to His Powers
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
I just tire for them
I schooled at north carolina but I'm back here for now embarassed angry
But you don't see me going around saying that on every thread.
I hope to leave again for a masters degree soon though wasn't able to do it this year unfortunately
And then try and get permanent residency immediately. This Nigeria na nonsense place tongue
But I'm considering Canada. It's densely populated and it's so large. Even in large cities like Toronto and Vancouver there are a lot of property waiting to be occupied

grin

That's good to know. Oga. Don't make the mistake I made. Even during your masters, be looking for job. I too dey run commot this country.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

That's good to know. Oga. Don't make the mistake I made. Even during your masters, be looking for job. I too dey run commot this country.
lmaooo
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
hahn:

I didn't even read your comment cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lepasharon, I can actually relate with Jackbizzle o

Exactly what he said grin

Na uk lepa booty confuse you so? grin
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

that's the way bro oo cheesy
This Nigeria ehn
I've given up on the country
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
urheme:

"To Do Charity"
How many of them really engage in Charities

Money is just so involved in religion...and it worries me......what God showed me is different from what most churches are projecting.....God is still looking for a man that will do it RIGHT.

Remove money and material gains from religion....almost all if not all will crumble.

JackBizzle, i am inclined to agree with you....and isn't this what has kept most of us in atheism ...... and despite all these negativity associated with Religion ..... I still maintain that there is a God that shows so much mercy.

the truth is that ...people need not go to religious houses houses to connect to this God.....read the book of Daniel.....there was no record that he was praying in the church.......But some How he Prays regularly and God Reveals deep secret to him.....people fall for religious scam because they are gullible.

JackBizzle, God is real believe me.....I,m Happy I connected to His Powers

Can your God provide me with dollars?

Buhari' s recession don beat atheism commot my body. I won't mind a spiritual sugar daddy.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
that's the way bro oo cheesy
This Nigeria ehn
I've given up on the country

I came back to Naija, only to find a crazy country. No light, burning diesel everyday, traffic, religious fools as office colleagues etc.

Now Naira is a half deaf currency that will stiĺ fall.

Yet some fool will tell me that there is God. What kind of God would allow me to be born in this hell hole of a country?

Yahweh can suck my ballz
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Na uk lepa booty confuse you so? grin

Lepa no dey get yansh na tongue
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
hahn:

Lepa no dey get yansh na tongue

Not always
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
I just tire for them
I hope to leave again for a masters degree soon though wasn't able to do it this year unfortunately
And then try and get permanent residency immediately. This Nigeria na nonsense place tongue
But I'm considering Canada. It's densely populated and it's so large. Even in large cities like Toronto and Vancouver there are a lot of property waiting to be occupied

Oboy, see men dey flee cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

undecided UK this, UK that.

You and spacetacular sef. Na only una reach London?

South London is a different case. Churches are packed there with West Africans. Old Kent road has about 15 black churches in that same road. One road and 15 churches!

So, yes, you can relate if you have been to South London.

Ya get me, fam? Innit blud?
My post didn't mention London did it?
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

[s]
You are in UK and CANNOT RELATE? funny!

South London or south east as rightly observed by my troll is packed.

We have THE SOUTH EAST LONDON CHURCH with an average ratio of 20 whites to 1 black

We have REDEEMER CHURCH LONDON which has a ratio of 100 whites to 1 black

We have south Norwood baptist

Crystal palace community church

We have st. Luke's church woodside and hundreds more.

Churches in south and south east London are well over 500 and all are either almost packed full or packed full depending on which one. I know them because my team and I ply a lot of those routes.

You are in the UK and so cannot relate indeed. Lying is a terrible vice to have. Either lying about your location or lying about church attendance here. Both are terrible vices.

Most of these churches are run by whites and not blacks or Africans as wrongly insinuated by Jackfizzle. [/s]

Sir! Could you not quote me
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by urheme: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Can your God provide me with dollars?

Buhari' s recession don beat atheism commot my body. I won't mind a spiritual sugar daddy[b][/b].

grin grin grin grin grin

If your problem is money then you are not a candidate for God's power.....you will be scammed.

At a time in my life i hated the world and all the material good things that are in it....nothing made sense to me.....i just wanted to leave and that is when the Power of God Located me.

If i was pursuing dollars... i for done die leave the dollar.....every human being go die leave dollar my friend.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by urheme: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

I came back to Naija, only to find a crazy country. No light, burning diesel everyday, traffic, religious fools as office colleagues etc.

Now Naira is a half deaf currency that will stiĺ fall.

Yet some fool will tell me that there is God.[b][/b] What kind of God would allow me to be born in this hell hole of a country?

Yahweh can suck my ballz

And i am one of such fool......guy, give your self peace.....religion has nothing to do with the economic situation of Nigeria....some people don't even feels the lacks that you are feeling...they don't even understand why we complain....is as bad as that.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
I just tire for them

WTF where do you see me talk about my location on every thread? undecided
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

location crossed!

Gender crossed!

I wonder what else you've got crossed.

I quote whoever, whenever I damn well please. I do not cower behind others to make snide comments indirectly. If I want to make such snide comments I make them DIRECTLY!

learn to be a strong female and not some second fiddle.

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

WTF where do you see me talk about my location on every thread? undecided
lol baby I'm not talking about you I was referring to the overseas detective hehe
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
hahn:

Oboy, see men dey flee cheesy grin
bro no time oo
cheesy
Before I go go catch feelings and go and marry one naija babe and then slow down immigration process
Lemme run while I'm still young cheesy
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by jonbellion(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
spacetacular:

location crossed!

Gender crossed!

I wonder what else you've got crossed.

I quote whoever, whenever I damn well please. I do not cower behind others to make snide comments indirectly. If I want to make such snide comments I make them DIRECTLY!

learn to be a strong female and not some second fiddle.
what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by spacetacular(f): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
lol baby I'm not talking about you I was referring to the overseas detective hehe

I have an ID. You would do well to mention it. Unlike you I was direct when I responded to the liar who said

"Hmm..can't really relate cos I'm in the UK.."

Yet said she never mentioned London but went ahead to say she can't relate by giving a general coverage area. Insinuating that EVERYWHERE in UK (which is made up of ENGLAND, WALES, SCOTLAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND) has empty churches.

Which was why I had to clarify and use a small location to do that so one can then attempt to see the big picture all over UK using that as a sample.

She knows I know and can only sell her crock of bull to others but not to me.

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

My post didn't mention London did it?

grin
Okay. Calm down
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by hahn(m): 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
jonbellion:
bro no time oo
cheesy
Before I go go catch feelings and go and marry one naija babe and then slow down immigration process
Lemme run while I'm still young cheesy

Haha

I am already married but soon I will make enough money to travel to Europe on a Friday to drink starbucks coffee and come back on Sunday with some KFC chicken cool
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by QuietHammer(m): 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
4evergod, wehdone sir, we are watching you from the high places. Welcome back.
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
QuietHammer:
4evergod, wehdone sir, we are watching you from the high places. Welcome back.

Bwahaha..you wrong for this grin
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by Seun(m): 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
UyiIredi:
1. Help from church members in time of need.
2. Getting a job.
3. Getting a husband/wife.
4. Getting capital and workers for your business.
5. Getting a skill, some churches have skill-acquisition programmes.
6. Making money as a pastor.

These are practical benefits one can get as a church member.

But atheists want you to leave all that for atheism.
You don't have to leave the church when you become an atheist. Many atheists are church members and workers. Musicians, pastors, etc. Having said that, you have vastly over-stated the benefits of attending a church. Most of these benefits are enjoyed by a very tiny minority.

What benefits does atheism have to give?
Relaxation on Sundays. Guilt-free sex with your lover. Freedom to spend your tithes, offerings, first fruits and pledges. Not having to reject facts that contradict your faith. The world makes perfect sense to an atheist; there are no illogical "mysteries" that you have to "wrestle" with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by AHCB: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Seun:

You don't have to leave the church when you become an atheist. Many atheists are church members and workers. Musicians, pastors, etc. Having said that, you have vastly over-stated the benefits of attending a church. Most of these benefits are enjoyed by a very tiny minority.

Relaxation on Sundays. Guilt-free sex with your lover. Freedom to spend your tithes, offerings, first fruits and pledges. Not having to reject facts that contradict your faith. The world makes perfect sense to an atheist; there are no stupid mysteries that you need to "wrestle" with.
Now the bolded is my best part. But christians do enjoy the bolded too. I know many whose conscience don't prick them when they fornicate.

1 Like

Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by JackBizzle: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
urheme:

And i am one of such fool......guy, give your self peace.....religion has nothing to do with the economic situation of Nigeria....some people don't even feels the lacks that you are feeling...they don't even understand why we complain....is as bad as that.

Oga, you are an adult. Will your God pay my bills?

I have responsibilities, I don't have time to waste on superstitions. Furthermore, history and probability is on my side. Atheists are usually more secure financially on average compared to christians and the rest of the society!
Re: Practical Benefits Of Being In A Church Atheists Want You To Leave by lepasharon(f): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Oga, you are an adult. Will your God pay my bills?

I have responsibilities, I don't have time to waste on superstitions. Furthermore, history and probability is on my side. Atheists are usually more secure financially on average compared to christians and the rest of the society!
Don't let a certain kingebuka see this oo grin

Get ready

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Characters In The Bible That Were Actual SIMP / AMAZING! Watch Video Of Men And Women Bathe Together Naked In A River With Thei / 10 Mysterious Alledgedly Alien Artifacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.