Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here (50516 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by eleojo23: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

Yeah, true.
An AVERAGE introvert has the solution to problems. While you're shouting and worrying your head off, he's lost in thought trying to get solutions.
Basically, some of them are usually one step ahead.

Right. grin
What is even the point of crying and worrying over spilled milk when it has already spilled?
That is a waste of time...find the solution instead...
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by freebrowsingtime: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2017
AND everyone is now an introvert. Even those that can fight and have fought in the market square grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:03am On Jul 21, 2017
ransomed:
Create a buffer zone for yourself, mount a wall of protection around you, set limits to encroachment on your territory, seclude yourself from merry makers and unfriendly friends then you will identify your foes. Stay indoor during holidays. Attend church without joining any service group. See no evil and talk no evil then you will know that the heart of human is desperately wicked and only God can search it. Tell people the truth they will still probe further to provoke you to anger, then why answer them. People talk their destiny away by confiding in adversary they term as friend who goes abound undermining and backstabbing. Commune with your creator and avoid the cacophony of lieing tongues who engage in idle talk, gist, gossiping, backbiting and character assasination. Give short responces like yes, no, later, no problem, don't know and move on to enjoy your sweet quietness. Is it a crime to enjoy my space without interferrence?
Wow..
U killed it bro smiley
We have our own world in our head..
We don't follow d world's pattern of success and fun..
We do things our way and when forced to do something we go crazy..
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 21, 2017
activelyA:
Can't I stay indoors for 3days in peace? ??

people be like "are u okay" what is happening? are I sick etc...

But that is bliss to me.
I dont like going out, could make friends but will never collect your number,
Dont like picking calls or calling...not that I dont think of you.
Dont like people around me.
its just complicated. ..

Friendships: It's complicated because you haven't met friends who are interested in the things that you are interested in. Perhaps, you love highly intellectual discussions and the people you meet are plain Janes and dull Bobs. That would influence your willingness to engage in discourses with them or form long lasting friendships. A person of your personality can have friends but it is mostly people who can keep you on your toes intellectually. People who can understand the obscure (but to you: obvious) references you make. People who have mastery over a diverse number of topics. For you, a normal conversation can range from economics to philosophy to how Europe underdeveloped Africa.

Calling: Yeah, a lot of folks have poor phone etiquette. Sometimes, I'm like: why is he speaking pidgin? arrg, lord. Or, why is he cutting me off. Makes me not want to pick up phone calls sef. Also there those set of highly emotional people (my sisters) who want to know how you are doing everyday. Makes me mad.

Indoors: Yay! Lol, I guess people of an introverted/reserved personality do not really need the heavy bustle of the outdoors to feel that they are living life. For them, it's important to have extended periods of quiet or lonesomeness in order to be in touch with their true selves.

I don't know, all I've shared is from my personal experience.

Just wanted to chime in.

How are you?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2017
ThatFairGuy:
Hmmn! I suffers same fate. People thinks it's pride
As in ehn undecided
D truth is it's not pride just d way God created us...
I use to be mad at myself but when I did some research about being an introvert decided to accept it and work on the negative aspects..
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by callydon(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2017
Chai
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Lordshola: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2017
hinky:

Next month... writing exams

smiley

Wish u success in ur exams.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by lordoddy(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2017
Chai!!!
Being an introvert can be very.....
1) Like having sooooo many things to say but not saying it. (D solution to this is to ask them OPEN ENDED questions, and u'll see d person talking)
2) They're very trust worthy, my sister still tells that it's my over trusting people that will kill me.
Tell them ur secret and u r sure it's not getting out.(IF anyone asks about d secret they'll most likely respond 'I DON'T KNOW')
3) In a relationship, chai we can miss a GREEN light for Africa. (But they HARDLY cheat once they're in one)
Lemme stop here for now...

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Limitless72:

Bro this one wey u jst talk nw ehn be the thing wey dey disturb me the most
I no dey make friends
The few once wey I get I no dey too spend time with them....

E just be like sey I dey inside my own cacoon
Do my things my own way,,,
I just love been on my own
Attimes I just sober at my inability to socialize nd just wanna be seperate,,,like been in my own world .....

Weytin con dey weak me pass be sey if person try to intrude my privacy
For example,,,friends come visiting me
Chai I go just dey uncomfortable

Bt nevertheless am a very outgoing person
I've gat that vibe, that aura to lighten up places I'm whenever am with very close friends,,
Chai,,nah that time u go con see my real colour
Bt wen I go to the outside world I quiet..LOL
I'm a lady grin
U can't change who u really are..
Just work on the socializing aspect.
But me no body dey force me do wetin I no want..
When I want to be alone I just shut everyone off. grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by echoeflow629: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Oh thank God....I was beginning to think I was the only one..I tot I was abnormal...tnx guyz grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by ThatFairGuy: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2017
Good move.... Everything happens with reason
Cleopatra4:

As in ehn undecided
D truth is it's not pride just d way God created us...
I use to be mad at myself but when I did some research about being an introvert decided to accept it and work on the negative aspects..
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2017
b0rn2fuck:
I wish i could be sneaking to your house to help you nack service your tin, i love girl like you, no bi the one like bukky, wey fit roam 10 streets within 2 hours
Lol..
Your location tho grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nofuckgiven: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2017
Raiyell:

Your believing in it makes it obvious to the world that you have a low intellectual capacity. Not a bad thing [having a low intellectual capacity], I guess is the way your creator fashioned you, or maybe you're just plain, you know, thick. grin grin
If you had a high intellectual capacity,you should know that astrologers existed during the biblical times and were seen as wiser that most people. If you were also intelligent as you claim you should not argue about a topic you clearly know nothing about but because of religious sentiments you say it is false. Not everyone is a Christian. Astrology has been proven by people in real life situations so just saying it is shit doesn't make it shit. Keep your beliefs, let others keep theirs. I don't see how astrology is a sin or affects anyone negatively.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by ThatFairGuy: 10:17am On Jul 21, 2017
You've spoken sir.
lordoddy:
Chai!!!
1) Like having sooooo many things to say but not saying it. (D solution to this is to ask them OPEN ENDED questions, and u'll see d person talking)
2) They're very trust worthy, my sister still tells that it's my over trusting people that will kill me.
Tell them ur secret and u r sure it's not getting out.(IF anyone asks about d secret they'll most likely respond 'I DON'T KNOW')
3) In a relationship, chai we can miss a GREEN light for Africa. (But they HARDLY cheat once they're in one)
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by mrsfavour(f): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2017
majority here are introverts then.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nofuckgiven: 10:18am On Jul 21, 2017
lordoddy:
Chai!!!
100000% correct! On point! Its just sad that most people don't value an introvert's loyalty. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2017
dupsyluzy:

Exactly, your last point tho,I do keep it in mind too.
I think our nature might influence the kind of man we meet. Its like I am in this shell and I seriously want to break out but its not easy
Same here..
Decided to tag along with an extrovert.
When I see her life style I run grin grin
Couldn't keep up with the partying, outings and stuffs embarassed
Guys will just look at you like one weirdo like that.
A guy once called me secret cult grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by DONOCHAS(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2017
I can be with people less talking to them but in my mind am like the one handling the topic. like staying indoors, am like what is the essence of going to parties even if I attend am always quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2017
ArcFresky:

Lol. Thats why theres fb.

I am kinda introvert myself, I can relate to staying at home and friends complainig.

If you take alcohol, you can try a lil of that, just a lil oohh... Then meet people, u will see a diff.
I will freak out I swear grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Cleopatra4(f): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2017
judgedredd22:

don't worry, i'm also introverted... can i be your husband already! melikey what i see! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Judgedredd one of my best game that year smiley
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by awesome17: 10:34am On Jul 21, 2017
I used to have lots of friends,some were introverts like me and we did lots of fun stuff together but then i and my family relocated to another state.It was really hard for me to aclimatize and get used to the new people i found myself with.I now have just a friend,he's an introvert too but we live far away from each other so we only visit each once in a while.I find it hard to socialize so i'm either stuck with my phone or drawing.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by awesome17: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2017
sometimes when i'm walking on the street,i find it hard to walk and breathe properly and when i notice people staring at me,i feel so uncomfortable

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 10:40am On Jul 21, 2017
Some people's case here has turned to spiritual attack

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Psoul(m): 10:43am On Jul 21, 2017
iPrevail:
Thread for people with complexes

Superiority Complex or Inferiority Complex?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Immaculate909(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Making and keeping friends is very challenging. I prefer staying indoor for good 24hrs. Though it sucks at times especially when there is no electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2017
barallanee:
exactly dear..some people think am jux a snob BT am nt...dats jux me sad
Yeah, One good thing about being introvert is that we always believe in ourselves. We're a special creature.

Where are you located?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Same here..
Decided to tag along with an extrovert.
When I see her life style I run grin grin
Couldn't keep up with the partying, outings and stuffs embarassed
Guys will just look at you like one weirdo like that.
A guy once called me secret cult grin
Lol,you tried o,the only time I have ever been to a club was when our CLO decided to take all the corpers out to celebrate pop,requested for malt,see as people dey laugh me when my fellow girls were taking Heineken and the likes. I just don't like anything wild, guess I should start getting used to the lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Mine is worstest(if there is anything like that)...i dnt go out,i dnt hv female friends even when i was in sec school,i will jst sit in one place,when questions weree asked,if i knew d answer,i would never stand up,when I'm pressed,i wont be able to excuse mysef,i was jst somtin else..even now that am grown,to go out with my man is a big thing to me, i will rather be home gistiing with him,,,suggestions,opinions in a discussion is d hardest thing to me,i will jst b confused not knowing wat to say,,,,there was a day i embarrassed myself and my guy,,,we were out with his friend and his(friend) girl..chai d girl started a conversation with me,come and see d way sweat covered my palm,d girl asked me my name,and what school i finished from and d course i studied,,i was jst stammering,and at d end told her i hv 4goten what i studied!,can u imagine! That was d most embarrassing day of my life...since then,i gave up on outgoing...d only people am familiar with are my family members nd neighbours..honestly this thing is not good at all,,person go jst b like mumu,someone will jst b talking to me,talk talk talk and i wont even b able to suggest 1 thing!..its bad seriously...d only place am good at is on social media atleast d person wont b seeing me grin

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Psoul(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2017
I am an introvert. I mostly love bn indoors. I cant stay indoors for a whole month and still dont have anything to worry. I hardly make friends, so who the f*ck am I going out to see.

Hanging out or visiting friends or even friends visiting me can be so boring. Once I'm in someone's house I start feeling sleepy and tired. I will feel like going home, back to my house. As soon as i am in my house, I will be like...but what actually did i come home to do. I will feel like going back.

I have come to love my introvert nature cos it has help me to avoid so any problems. It has also helped me in my job. As an Auditor, u see all the secrets of the company and u need to keep most thing by urslf. The introvert in me has bn helping me here. Secondly, an Auditor needs to seat for long hours working. Since as an introvert, I don't really have friend, I have no one that i may be desperate to see, my job becomes my closest partner. I can seat down for the whole day on my desk doing my work. This has also earned me lots of recommendations above my colleagues that hardly settle down to work.

The side effect i used to suffer as an introvert is losing my voice in a public speech. I used to suffer shaky voice shyness when asked to address public. Since most of the times, i may be required to meet big Bosses and public, I have bn able to work on this and now, i am in control of my voice in public speech.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by thesuave10(m): 11:15am On Jul 21, 2017
See inferiority complex everywhere. Damn shocked shocked
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Ronee27: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2017
Well, I am a talkative and love to play a lot buh one would have to come very close to see that. I cannot start a conversation, that's why I don't make calls and if others call, I don't pick. Thereby pushing people away and can't boast of a lot of friends. While in school, I never asked questions in class coz I felt I could sort everything out by myself. I prefer texting and face to face talk to phone calls(the issue is, what do I say?) . I prefer to go out at night than in the day so no one sees me,unless I am forced to leave the house. And coupled with that I stammer too. Anyways, I am conscious of the fact that people would always be there and I would in one way or another have to warm up to them. grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Ncsamuel(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Yeah...
I feel we attract d opposite of us.
Don't like crowd.
Can't stand a noisy environment likewise lousy people..
Just prefer staying at home when I'm not busy..
Sometimes I wonder if na like this I go take see husband grin
ah! finally i ve found a wife! Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Pick Your Sleeping Pattern, Mine Number 4 / The Top Fastest Things Around The World(2015). / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.