Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here - Nairaland / General (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here (50532 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by EmpressEnnie(f): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2017
Heterodox:
My hands of friendship. I can help you out of the shell.
i'm good
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pauladonis(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2017
I am an introvert too... I find out I always wanna stay alone
I spent 5 years in OAU and I managed not to appear in any important photographs or events... Most of my course mates didn't know who I was, my lecturers always mistook me for other people... I also have a hard time having fun in public... The only places I am outspoken are church and football viewing centre.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by pryme(m): 8:49am On Jul 21, 2017
Aystarz:

This is so me brother - and unfortunately for me, it's beginning to culminate into depression. Can't continue this way.... Just can't!

Well an depressed most times if my dreams fail.
My best friend now has been my earplugs.

I would suggest you dive into the world of deep meaningful music.
You will find what will pull out with their lyrics. Stay away from all these cavemen songs dished out by our local artist. You are introvert so won't relate with most of them.

Try to have a positive outlook, and try to help ppl solve problems, forget about yourself. You will get better as you help others.

Finally go to dating app, social media, try to be different there. Do silly things if you like, try role playing. And don't care too much.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Simitrendy: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2017
Inanna:
I don't like people cry

You've phobia for people or you're just a sexist?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by afoobabs(m): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2017
EmpressEnnie:
I find it pretty difficult to confront pple,i find t difficult to make friends especially males.i prefer to stay indoor all d tym.the thought of a relatnship scares d shii outta me e.t.c
cc. SPEEDEPITOME
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by lamarrj(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2017
Oh dear! I am an introvert and I don't have low-self esteem, I am not shy. People mistake us to be these things. I will perfectly speak if delivering a public speech even more than some extrovert. My alone time is just so precious and would never trade for anything.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nddytex08(m): 8:54am On Jul 21, 2017
I really do appreciate this thread though. I was once in this shoe but presently and gradually due to my exposure am riding toward the path of an Ambivert. Being an introvert is not a down syndrome nor a disease but a personality trait that differentiate one person from another. I am definitely going through this gradually. I love n cherish my guys especially those I regard as my friends. The female folks are something else. Though am gaining confidence in approaching them and being around them. This is because my close friend is a Female. We have shared a lot in common in the last Five years owing to the fact we were in the same dept n level during school. I Love her so much to the extent that my colleagues then in school n my guys assumed/assumes that she was mine whereas that is not the case, But we do go intimate but not to that extent the way u think. All the same being an introvert is cool because we are always the best in terms of Caring Loving and Thinking. Shout out to my guys n gals in the house. Love U all. See u on the other side. Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:54am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:
I do not like meeting people. I don't bother starting friendship with anyone coz I'm sure it'll end very soon as I don't have what it takes to sustain it. I'm not in touch with any of my secondary school friends- I just connected with two recently and I'm bored already.
I have not attended any party since 2010! I'm scared of going out - Agoraphobia ish. I can stay home for weeks and not complain. My friend helped me improve a bit when I was in school.
Funny thing is, I'm not shy, I can face the whole of Nigerian and talk. When I manage to get out I can be playful and all but if you try to come close, I just shut you out. I don taya.
I don't have a large circle. Even on social media, I screen my friends list at every opportunity I get.
The good part of me, I'm a good conversationalist.

PS: there's a difference between being shy, being quiet and being introverted.
cc afoobabs
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SirLewis(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2017
Being introverted is both a blessing and a curse. For one the overanalytical ability that comes with it helps most times, you're able to see things your fellow colleagues can't, and they know this so they come to you for advice. I've acted as a "therapist" for my friends and sometimes complete strangers many times. Plus staying away from crowds spares you the drama and bullshit that comes with having so many friends and contacts. The downside for me is that I have a difficult time maintaining friendships, especially close ones. I care DEEPLY about things, think DEEPLY about things. I would never have you as a friend unless I absolutely can trust that you wouldn't turn on me someday. It's worse with romantic relationships, I tend to be very analytical of my feelings for the opposite sex, trying to determine whether being in a relationship with that person would be beneficial or end up as an overbearing/heartbreaking liability on the long run. It's virtually impossible for me to live "in the moment" and just have fun while it lasts. The future is always a factor to consider for me. But as someone earlier commented, it's all in our thoughts. If you can learn to say "fvck it, I don't care" then you can conquer all the fears that comes with being an introvert. I'm slowly learning to do that now, but the knock-on-effect which I'm beginning to notice is that I no longer care about people's feelings or if what I do upsets them or makes them hurt. I suppose that's good and bad

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:
Op, there are different cases involved here.
Introverts are not necessarily quiet, they just mostly have issues keeping friends.
You can be an extrovert and be shy.
Lack of self confidence is not the same thing as being introverted and vice versa.
No, it doesn't take self confidence to hang out with people.
You might be an introvert and still be outspoken and have self confidence.
And hey, being introverted doesn't mean you don't have a sense of humour.
Intelligence does not automatically come with being introverted. It's just that introverts have more time on their hands to do some critical thinking.
cc afoobabs
Babs, someone who's shy and has low self esteem will move into a corner and say they're introverted. There's a difference.
Being shy and being introverted aren't the same thing, although they may look the same. An introvert enjoys time alone and gets emotionally drained after spending a lot of time with others. A shy person doesn't necessarily want to be alone but is afraid to interact with others.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by laadtech: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2017
The aspect that is most painful about being an introvert is people owing me money and I will be feeling shy to ask them, in some cases I would think I will be offending them if I go ask them about my own money.

Walahi I have lose a lot of cash, I mean huge cash! By being a mumu introvert.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by vertueptime: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2017
Introverts! We unite together independently
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2017
@bolded
Why na? tongue grin
You'll get many pervy dudes masquerading as gays lol.

Nofuckgiven:

Truth is as an introvert you should be with an extrovert to spice up the relationship. I hope to marry an extrovert because I am now an ambivert(introvert+extrovert). I force myself to evolve over time but I always slid back to my shell more often than I should. We are actually emotional and very intelligent because we think a lot. Oh,I forgot. Wise!! cool
I couldn't stand a loud-mouthed extrovert who I knew for just a month,I had to cut him loose. He asked me out as a straightforward guy and I accepted. Then found out he is a talkative and so annoying. I hate guys who talk like women. Jeez!! And he loves drama!! I can't stand dramaqueens/kings and/or ppl who are desperate for public attention.
PS. Any introvert lady in need of a roommate on Lagos mainland should send me a mail. Check signature. Lesbians stay off! Gays are welcome sha grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by laadtech: 9:02am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

cc afoobabs

My kind of bae
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by afoobabs(m): 9:02am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

cc afoobabs
so u want to remain this way forever?
u can change my fear the only thing that is constant in life is change. allow pple to get close they won't eat u up at worst they hurt, but being alone will hurt more.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Jerryolumide(m): 9:02am On Jul 21, 2017
hinky:
I believe if the right one comes, introveted or whatever u ll man up to talk to her...
Life is not too complex as it might seem...

As an introvet, i like being alone but when i dont want to be alone... I dont see anyone to be with cos i cant keep friends...
Sad story..hun..
story of my life dear.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2017
Lordshola:

And sorry Miss hinky, when is season 2 of agent peter coming out??

Next month... writing exams
SPEEDEPITOME:
This is my story, this is my song. Exactly.
smiley
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Publo(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2017
pryme:
i think my challenge as an introvert is that i think too much.
Pay too much attention to the little things.

Perfect summary, exactly what I wanted to type.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Tobium1(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2017
paybak:
I don't know how to ask mofeoluwadassah(that mumu girl) out.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by NLProblemChild(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2017
I just realised that i am an introvert. undecided
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by afoobabs(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

cc afoobabs
Babs, someone who's shy and has low self esteem will move into a corner and say they're introverted. There's a difference.
Being shy and being introverted aren't the same thing, although they may look the same. An introvert enjoys time alone and gets emotionally drained after spending a lot of time with others. A shy person doesn't necessarily want to be alone but is afraid to interact with others.
you are making sense this might be true sha
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by afoobabs(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

cc afoobabs
you are making sense this might be true sha but there are some that are both shy and introvert.
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by tobbie247(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2017
oluwalewis:

We aint as worse as that, hang out with your extroverts friends,they do the calling of females,if you are a phleg,you are definitely witty meaning you can sweep the girl off her feet with choice of words but if you a melancholy,the job has been made easier for you
I am a melphleg in nature and adventurous thanks to been an aries
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Tobium1(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2017
Ollygentle:
I just find it hard to have a fun-filled relationship girls, they usually get bored after sometimes with me.

You need to work on your sense of humor.
I'm an introvert, but trust me, u wuld laugh your heart out if u stay more dan 30mins with me, sounds weird huh?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Jerryolumide(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2017
Inanna:
I don't like people cry
i sha like your laps
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2017
soflygerian:
lol exactly, bt I hpen to enjoy the fact that whenever i have to talk, there's this majesterial silence from peeps nd want to hear u spk

Someone once told me that if u try to speak Nki, they would want to listen cos you barely do most times... That was true

Jerryolumide:
story of my life dear.

smiley
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by lamarrj(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2017
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2017
afoobabs:
so u want to remain this way forever?
u can change my fear the only thing that is constant in life is change. allow pple to get close they won't eat u up at worst they hurt, but being alone will hurt more.
You're still missing the point.
This is something I enjoy. If you're an extrovert, you enjoy everything that comes with it cause that's what makes sense to you and you don't wanna change it.
You know the way extroverts don't understand how someone can stay alone and claim to be happy?That's how I wonder how extroverts survive too.
I'm kinda good with words, I make my opinion known without fear of intimidation, I can address a public gathering if the need arises. What else can I ask for? I'm good Bro.
I don't start friendship not because I'm scared, but because I don't see the need for it. Trust me, I don't want any forced friendship cause I can't sustain it.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Jerryolumide(m): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2017
Tobium1:

I'm an introvert, but trust me, u wuld laugh your heart out if u stay more dan 30mins with me, sounds weird huh?
not weird at all

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Tobium1(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2017
I trust too easily,
i dont stay out late (I've never clubbed before),
i love my alone time if i get de chance to,
I'm a critical thinker, hence i worry over little issues,
i observe alot (world pple say I'm acting perfect)....
BUT my sense of humor does de magic for me, and

I DONT GIVE A FÜCK!

1 Like

Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2017
pryme:
i think my challenge as an introvert is that i think too much.
Pay too much attention to the little things.

What? So I have someone just like me?
Re: Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2017
Tobium1:

You know, your sense of humour has nothing to do with being an introvert or not. If you have a dry sense of humour, it's a totally different ball game. Extroverts can be like that too.
afoobabs:
you are making sense this might be true sha but there are some that are both shy and introvert.
Yes, you are right. The same way we have extroverts with self esteem issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

The Top Fastest Things Around The World(2015). / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / How To Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.