Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? (14551 Views)

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by penitential(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
Onnasucs1:
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

And what has this response got to do with the question?

Are you saying they're being judged already?

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by victorkc(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
The events proceeding the second coming of Christ are in stages. First of all when the trumpet sounds the dead in Christ shall arise and join the righteous living and they shall be taken to the kingdom of God in heaven where they will spend one thousand years. However during this Same coming of Christ the unrighteous living shall all die as they cannot behold the glory of God. This is first death. They will be bound for 1000 Years with devil their master After the righteous has spent 1000 years in heaven then the kingdom of God will come down on earth. At this time all the unrighteous who at this time have been dead would arise And the devil will also be released and would attempt to fight the kingdom of God in what is called Ammagedom with their master Satan. Then finally they will be condemned to the Final death which is the second And eternal death.Note eternal death does not mean they will burn forever.
I Thessalonians 4 :16,
Revelation20

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by dumodust(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
victorkc:
The events proceeding the second coming of Christ are in stages. First of all when the trumpet sounds the dead in Christ shall arise and join the righteous living and they shall be taken to the kingdom of God in heaven where they will spend one thousand years. However during this Same coming of Christ the unrighteous living shall all die as they cannot behold the glory of God. This is first death. After the righteous has spent 1000 years in heaven then the kingdom of God will come down on earth. At this time all the unrighteous who at this time have been dead would arise and would attempt to fight the kingdom of God in what is called Ammagedom with their master Satan. Then finally they will be condemned to the Final death which is the second And eternal death.Note eternal death does not mean they will burn forever.

Do you have bible verses to back this up?
Source please
I expected discussions here to be more referenced
Disappointed so far

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Nedfed(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
e10nzy:
Hide not hind

Tnk 4 the correct.
But dis your look toooor

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
bbbabes:
They are in the grave
abeg help me tell them bcuz d matter tire me.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Efostick(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
the dead men are walking around with a sack of Vaseline checking out our wives and girlfriends while they are naked lipsrsealed
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Niflheim(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
@op,

You do not need to bother yourself about the question since there is no evidence of a future rapture!!!

1.The ancient egyptians spoke of dead people being judged by a crocodile god(no evidence)!!!

2.The ancient scandinavians said that the world will end when a wolf eats the moon(pure bullshit)!!!

3.The zoroastrians said that the world will end when the sacred flame is extinguished(rubbish)!!!

4.Now christians claim that the world will end when people start floating into the sky and you believe them?
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by victorkc(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
dumodust:

Do you have bible verses to back this up?
Source please
I expected discussions here to be more referenced
Disappointed so far
Rev.20
1 Thessalonians 4:16
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by jacoik(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where Are The Dead Before Rapture?

In Igbo land..the dead are reverred; they become ancestors or guardian spirits.
We offer them kolanut and hot drinks in every occasion.
That way on rapture day, they'd be well-fed and nourished.
Lolssss I swear u dey madddd. See as I lafffff soteyyy ppl wey dey pass come think say na new mad man in d street. Guy be careful

In the other people's land, there's no respect for the dead; they are exhumed and their skull mined for ritual purposes.
On rapture day...they are headless.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by raystanley(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
T
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In the other people's land, there's no respect for the dead; they are exhumed and their skull mined for ritual purposes.
On rapture day...they are headless. Lol
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by dam007(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
MrPresident1:

We are the dead, all of us, we are hidden in spiritual mental graves.

Mental devolution just like the devolution of King Nebuchadnezzar from King to animal/beast, that is the death the Bible is talking about.

We, all black people are the dead. All Nigerians are dead. Because we are dead we have fertile land and good climate yet we import food. Because we are dead, we have crudeoil yet we import petrol, we cannot make our refineries work because we lack the technical capacity to do so. Because we are dead, we cannot complete Ajaokuta steel, yet we produce thousands of engineering graduates every year.

Bro, the dead people of the Bible is all of us black people.

your weed sir, is from Tanzania!!

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Onnasucs1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
penitential:

And what has this response got to do with the question?

Are you saying they're being judged already?

yeah, temporal judgment before the main judgment day. It will be based on their works on earth.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by nabiz(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by nabiz(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
victorkc:
The events proceeding the second coming of Christ are in stages. First of all when the trumpet sounds the dead in Christ shall arise and join the righteous living and they shall be taken to the kingdom of God in heaven where they will spend one thousand years. However during this Same coming of Christ the unrighteous living shall all die as they cannot behold the glory of God. This is first death. They will be bound for 1000 Years with devil their master After the righteous has spent 1000 years in heaven then the kingdom of God will come down on earth. At this time all the unrighteous who at this time have been dead would arise And the devil will also be released and would attempt to fight the kingdom of God in what is called Ammagedom with their master Satan. Then finally they will be condemned to the Final death which is the second And eternal death.Note eternal death does not mean they will burn forever.
I Thessalonians 4 :16,
Revelation20
No sir. When I man dies, if he is a righteous man, his spirit will go to spirit Paradise which is a place is rest and happiness. But if you were unrighteous, ur spirit will go to spirit prison. This is what is called partial judgement. There the will wait for resuration
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by PenSniper: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

e

17th century superstition for the ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by dam007(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

chai!

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Stevebamdex(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Within the Christian faith, there is a significant amount of confusion regarding what happens after death. Some hold that after death, everyone “sleeps” until the final judgment, after which everyone will be sent to heaven or hell. Others believe that at the moment of death, people are instantly judged and sent to their eternal destinations. Still others claim that when people die, their souls/spirits are sent to a “temporary” heaven or hell, to await the final resurrection, the final judgment, and then the finality of their eternal destination. So, what exactly does the Bible say happens after death?
First, for the believer in Jesus Christ, the Bible tells us that after death believers’ souls/spirits are taken to heaven, because their sins are forgiven by having received Christ as Savior ( John 3:16, 18, 36). For believers, death is to be “away from the body and at home with the Lord” ( 2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). However, passages such as 1 Corinthians 15:50-54and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17describe believers being resurrected and given glorified bodies. If believers go to be with Christ immediately after death, what is the purpose of this resurrection? It seems that while the souls/spirits of believers go to be with Christ immediately after death, the physical body remains in the grave “sleeping.” At the resurrection of believers, the physical body is resurrected, glorified, and then reunited with the soul/spirit. This reunited and glorified body-soul-spirit will be the possession of believers for eternity in the new heavens and new earth ( Revelation 21-22).
Second, for those who do not receive Jesus Christ as Savior, death means everlasting punishment. However, similar to the destiny of believers, unbelievers also seem to be sent immediately to a temporary holding place, to await their final resurrection, judgment, and eternal destiny. Luke 16:22-23describes a rich man being tormented immediately after death. Revelation 20:11-15describes all the unbelieving dead being resurrected, judged at the great white throne, and then being cast into the lake of fire. Unbelievers, then, are not sent to hell (the lake of fire) immediately after death, but rather are in a temporary realm of judgment and condemnation. However, even though unbelievers are not instantly sent to the lake of fire, their immediate fate after death is not a pleasant one. The rich man cried out, “I am in agony in this fire” ( Luke 16:24).
Therefore, after death, a person resides in a “temporary” heaven or hell. After this temporary realm, at the final resurrection, a person’s eternal destiny will not change. The precise “location” of that eternal destiny is what changes. Believers will ultimately be granted entrance into the new heavens and new earth ( Revelation 21:1). Unbelievers will ultimately be sent to the lake of fire ( Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not they had trusted Jesus Christ alone for salvation ( Matthew 25:46; John 3:36).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
MrPresident1:

We are the dead, all of us, we are hidden in spiritual mental graves.

Mental devolution just like the devolution of King Nebuchadnezzar from King to animal/beast, that is the death the Bible is talking about.

We, all black people are the dead. All Nigerians are dead. Because we are dead we have fertile land and good climate yet we import food. Because we are dead, we have crudeoil yet we import petrol, we cannot make our refineries work because we lack the technical capacity to do so. Because we are dead, we cannot complete Ajaokuta steel, yet we produce thousands of engineering graduates every year.

Bro, the dead people of the Bible is all of us black people.

which of YouR NIGERIANS and BLACKS are you talking about? my OWN NIGERIANS are the NOBEL Laureate, the distinguished bookerman award winner, the orange prize winner, the car designer, the father of the Internet, the creator of the led dye technology, the eradicators of Ebola, the automobile manufacturers, the legal clinic world champions, ETC... the Nigerians of my type and kind are not dead... We are ONLY facing challenges... We the TRUE NIGERIANS are not DEAD... and with God on our side We shall sail through the troubled sea.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by victorkc(m): 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
nabiz:
No sir. When I man dies, if he is a righteous man, his spirit will go to spirit Paradise which is a place is rest and happiness. But if you were unrighteous, ur spirit will go to spirit prison. This is what is called partial judgement. There the will wait for resuration
Pls can you support with Bible verses
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by emmasege: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Methinks there are still some mysteries we can't find answers to, on this side of eternity. And the question in this thread is one of such.

However, I'm persuaded that Jesus is the only way to eternal life, and I'd rather accept and appropriate this truth so I can be guaranteed eternal life. It doesn't matter whether I'm raptured alive or from the dead.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by nabiz(m): 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:
this question brewed up in our sunday school today and yet, no answer to it.... jst surprised
https://www.lds.org/youth/article/what-happens-after-we-die?lang=eng This link is very informative and I think the answer to ur question is here
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by omojeesu(m): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:
this question brewed up in our sunday school today and yet, no answer to it.... jst surprised

Those who died outside Christ are in hell where the rich man in Luke 16 is. Those who died in Christ are somewhere in heaven in their SOULISH BODIES. At the Rapture they aquire resurrected physical bodies like that of Christ and meet Him in the air.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by victorazy(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
Onnasucs1:
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

What happened to your ancestors who didn't hear the gospel is what we are talking about.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by achorladey: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
John5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice John 5:29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
From these accounts of Jesus christ, the dead can be found inside the memorial tombs, simply the common grave. The original man(Adam) returned back to the ground he was made from. Lazarus was buried in one of the memorial tombs, from there Jesus christ resurrected him.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by PenSniper: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
@Op, i know there are people who will mock you for this question as well as what i'm about to pen down in answer to your question
Whether people accept it or not, the Bible is the only source of solution to most if not all mysteries in life.
God already answered your question in the only authentic scripture on earth - the Bible.
When people die (1st death), as soon as their soul exit the physical into the spiritual realm, the are faced with two paths - one narrow and the other, wide -"Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and there be that find it -
Matt. 7 vs 13 & 14 (Kjv).
The wide way leads to hell, a place of torment and anguish while the narrow way leads to a purgatory with no punishment whatsoever.
The former is for those that died without Christ while the latter is meant for those who died in Christ. I must emphasise that a christian may die without Christ (Romans 8 v 9).
Both remain in their respective place awaiting final judgment. Those who fall into this judgment are those that suffer the second death
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by e10nzy(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
It's correction not correct. Lol
Nedfed:

Tnk 4 the correct.
But dis your look toooor
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by nabiz(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
victorkc:

Pls can you support with Bible verses
I think this link can help u with answer to so many live questions https://www.lds.org/youth/article/what-happens-after-we-die?lang=eng
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by nabiz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
PenSniper:
@Op, i know there are people who will mock you for this question as well as what i'm about to pen down in answer to your question
Whether people accept it or not, the Bible is the only source of solution to most if not all mysteries in life.
God already answered your question in the only authentic scripture on earth - the Bible.
When people die (1st death), as soon as their soul exit the physical into the spiritual realm, the are faced with two paths - one narrow and the other, wide -"Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and there be that find it -
The wide way leads to hell, a place of torment and anguish while the narrow way leads to a purgatory with no punishment whatsoever.
The former is for those that died without Christ while the latter is meant for those who died in Christ. I must emphasise that a christian may die without Christ (Romans 8 v 9).
Both remain in their respective place awaiting final judgment. Those who fall into this judgment are those that suffer the second death
https://www.lds.org/youth/article/what-happens-after-we-die?lang=eng
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Nedfed(m): 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
e10nzy:
It's correction not correct. Lol
Lol
You get time ooooo
Is not a mistake, I purposely typed it.
Is Tnx for the correction not
Tnk...........correct
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by PenSniper: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
This is epitomised by the story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar (Luke 16 vs 19 - 31).
Both remain in their respective place awaiting final judgment. Those who fall into this judgment are those that suffer the second death (Rev. 21 v cool and will go into eternal damnation and punishment.
Most of those in the purgatory will rise first followed by the living to be raptured at the sound of the trumpet.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by nabiz(m): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
MrPresident1:
Lalasticlala, this a great topic for FP grin

Who are the dead? It is us black people.
https://www.lds.org/youth/article/what-happens-after-we-die?lang=eng
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by e10nzy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
grin grin
Nedfed:

Lol
You get time ooooo
Is not a mistake, I purposely typed it.
Is Tnx for the correction not
Tnk...........correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Didnt Foresee Atta Mills Death / Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? / What Is God's View Of Smoking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.