Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,605 members, 7,955,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:05 PM

Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? (14552 Views)

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / Those Who Would Never Believe, Even If You Raise The Dead Before Them / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Onnasucs1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
victorazy:

What happened to your ancestors who didn't hear the gospel is what we are talking about.
Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

They will be judged by their conscience as seen in the scripture above
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by dontalk: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lk 16:19-31 will give you a clue,op. According to the content, the righteous goes to Abraham's bosom which some regard as paradise whereas the unrighteous goes to Hades, a place of torment. However, that's Not their final destination, hence one of the essence of the rapture. The rapture will bring about resurrection of those saints with glorious bodies just like the body of Christ after resurrection. Note that resurrection will be I'm two folds (John 5:28-29). Whether as a believer or not,resurrection will take place but at different times (Rev 20:11-15) during which each will receive a body that can never die. Now some will be in heaven while some in hell(the second death) forever and ever John 14:1-6, the reason for us to prepare for rapture. There are a lot of Scriptures to that effect. ---My take. God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by demzey(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
mrkings84:
When a man dies... The spirit return to the maker (God), it stays with the maker pending final judgement.....

Its the soul that stands judgment, the spirit goes back to God...that's why you hear salvation of my soul, cos wen a soul is saved, its heaven-bound
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by pabloolamide(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Embarrassing anyways..
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by allaboutobed(m): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
The dead are in d dust like Adam n Eve our first parents. The word rapture is not even in d Bible d idea is misunderstood. If u want to learn more listen to Jehovah's witnesses

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by MrPresident1: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
The lack of knowledge of real history is the reason many people do not understand what the Bible is saying when it talks about dead people. The black man was the one who spread civilization to the world, he is the one who built the world.

For example, the blackman built the Pyramids and till next tomorrow the technology to rebuild that exact same structure is not yet available. The blackman left that structure as a reminder of his glorious past before his devolution, and as a reminder also that HE WILL BE BACK! HE WILL BE BACK JUST LIKE KING NEBUCHADNEZZAR.

Our throne is reserved for us, we will rise and live and rule the world again. THIS IS THE INFALLIBLE PROMISE IF THE MOST HIGH GOD.

As Nigerians, we are hasty, we do barbaric things, our society is disorganized and undisciplined, we are greedy, and selfish, etc., these are the signs of the devolution of a people, the signs of a dead culture/way of life.

Put this in mind, the current state of the blackman is temporary, and transient, and it will end, just like Nebu's sojourn in the wilderness ended too. AND HE CAME BACK TO THE THRONE. THE ULTIMATE KING KONG!

Ezekiel 31:13-14
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

On the day that the LORD removes the bands that He has used to fasten your brains, you will know that I speak only the truth.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by lonelydora: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
MrPresident1:

We are the dead, all of us, we are hidden in spiritual mental graves.

Mental devolution just like the devolution of King Nebuchadnezzar from King to animal/beast, that is the death the Bible is talking about.

We, all black people are the dead. All Nigerians are dead. Because we are dead we have fertile land and good climate yet we import food. Because we are dead, we have crudeoil yet we import petrol, we cannot make our refineries work because we lack the technical capacity to do so. Because we are dead, we cannot complete Ajaokuta steel, yet we produce thousands of engineering graduates every year.

Bro, the dead people of the Bible is all of us black people.

Can't stop laughing
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Izonpikin: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
MrPresident1:

Mental devolution just like the devolution of King Nebuchadnezzar from King to animal/beast, that is the death the Bible is talking about.

We, all black people are the dead. All Nigerians are dead. Because we are dead we have fertile land and good climate yet we import food. Because we are dead, we have crudeoil yet we import petrol, we cannot make our refineries work because we lack the technical capacity to do so. Because we are dead, we cannot complete Ajaokuta steel, yet we produce thousands of engineering graduates every year.

grin grin grin
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by damocheezy(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Where Are The Dead Before Rapture?

In Igbo land..the dead are reverred; they become ancestors or guardian spirits.
We offer them kolanut and hot drinks in every occasion.
That way on rapture day, they'd be well-fed and nourished.

In the other people's land, there's no respect for the dead; they are exhumed and their skull mined for ritual purposes.
On rapture day...they are headless.

This one weak me grin
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by FrancisIgya: 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
The other dead group are Biafra agitators.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Onnasucs1:
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Yes, and maybe the people that'll be raptured are those that will still be alive then.. Like Paul said, not everyone will taste death before the end comes, so maybe it's some of those people that'll be raptured..
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Uniquequy(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word used to describe the realm of the dead is sheol. It simply means “the place of the dead” or “the place of departed souls/spirits.” The New Testament Greek equivalent to sheol is hades, which is also a general reference to “the place of the dead.” The Greek word gehenna is used in the New Testament for “hell” and is derived from the Hebrew word hinnom. Other Scriptures in the New Testament indicated that sheol/hades is a temporary place where souls are kept as they await the final resurrection. The souls of the righteous, at death, go directly into the presence of God—the part of sheol called “heaven,” “paradise,” or “Abraham’s bosom” (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23).

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:
this question brewed up in our sunday school today and yet, no answer to it.... jst surprised

In the grave. Eccl 9:5,10.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Rapture4real(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
Those who die in Christ go to Paradise awaiting judgement and those who die without being born again in hell awaiting judgement.Hell fire is a temporary place for unbelievers.The final.destinations of sinners is fiery furnace burning with sulpur while the resureccted saints live with Christ forever.Heb.9:27;John 5:28-29_I Cor.15:12-56.Rev.20:11-15
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by ruggedlaw(m): 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
The Bible is clear on this. When you read the story of Lazarus and the rich man, the Bible recorded that when people die in this current dispensation they go straight to Hades. Hades is divided into two by a massive gulf, the first part is called Abraham's bossom or paradise, this place is reserved for those who died in Christ (I assume I am addressing chistians), the second part is Hell reserved for the wicked. It is a temporary place pending the time of the rapture of the saints. I don't want to bore you with the millennial reign of our Lord Jesus or the white throne judgment......note however that the final abode of the wicked is the lake of fire, that is after the white throne judgment.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by somez(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
I have warned you to stop smoking that Sh!t. angry
MrPresident1:

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by somez(m): 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lol... Chai. You are just funny. grin
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In the other people's land, there's no respect for the dead; they are exhumed and their skull mined for ritual purposes.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Hhenryy: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:
this question brewed up in our sunday school today and yet, no answer to it.... jst surprised

one major difference between the dead and those of us that are still alive is the "Time Function"....... immediately your brain loses track of time, then you are as good as dead because its either you are unconscious, in coma or in a vegetative state...

even the Bible made it clear in the book of ecc 9:5, that the dead are conscious of nothing. let's look at a practical example of fainting or someone under general anesthesia, the patient can only remember when the drug was administered, and the next thing he/she will know is when the effect of the drugs have worn out, this maybe several hours, but to the patient it's a split second.

the same applies to the dead, the next thing they will know after death is rapture/judgment, it's only us that are alive that is keeping track of how long they have been dead and probably will be somewhere, when actually they are nowhere
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
mrkings84:
When a man dies... The spirit return to the maker (God), it stays with the maker pending final judgement.....

I'm trying to imagine how many spirits are with him judging from scriptural records of people who died in battle and plaque!
Bullshit!!!
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by AsapTeddy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mumu, what do you gain from being tribalistic on posts that don't warrant such?

If you are not getting paid for this your stupidity, then may thunder from heaven fire your balls.

I.diot
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by TGM2015: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:
Next time post this type of question around noon when real Christians will be online to give right answers, you can see how the first page was spammed with "un-Christain" posts and jokes. I go with below quotes
ruggedlaw:
The Bible is clear on this. When you read the story of Lazarus and the rich man, the Bible recorded that when people die in this current dispensation they go straight to Hades. Hades is divided into two by a massive gulf, the first part is called Abraham's bossom or paradise, this place is reserved for those who died in Christ (I assume I am addressing chistians), the second part is Hell reserved for the wicked. It is a temporary place pending the time of the rapture of the saints. I don't want to bore you with the millennial reign of our Lord Jesus or the white throne judgment......note however that the final abode of the wicked is the lake of fire, that is after the white throne judgment.
Uniquequy:
In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word used to describe the realm of the dead is sheol. It simply means “the place of the dead” or “the place of departed souls/spirits.” The New Testament Greek equivalent to sheol is hades, which is also a general reference to “the place of the dead.” The Greek word gehenna is used in the New Testament for “hell” and is derived from the Hebrew word hinnom. Other Scriptures in the New Testament indicated that sheol/hades is a temporary place where souls are kept as they await the final resurrection. The souls of the righteous, at death, go directly into the presence of God—the part of sheol called “heaven,” “paradise,” or “Abraham’s bosom” (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23).

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by engineergoogle1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

#ohmy_GOD �����
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by compeagle(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rev 20

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books.

13 The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by GeoSpatial(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:

The dead are neither in heaven now nor in hell but they are either in hade or paradise.
Jesus told the thief on the cross that believed him to meet him in paradise, a place of temporary comfort pending the time of their rewards from God for their faith and obedience to his son, the man was gracefully saved. While in old testament, the dead were believed to go to hade.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by kitchen(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
exactly d response of the teacher, God wld help us in dis world we are in.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by kitchen(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
so, do u mean the dead, spirits are standing before d throne to b judged... n mind u, the throne can't definitely b in hell. so, logically both d good n d bad are waiting in heaven to b judged?
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by IamGeorgie(m): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
FTC got me laughing seriously for this kind correct matter
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by IamGeorgie(m): 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
LUGBE:
I use to hear about poegatry kiss
Probably not found in the bible,but I agree with the fact that there is a waiting place for the rapture but the idea of receiving pardon via the sufferings there is what I dispute.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by IamGeorgie(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
Onnasucs1:
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

YEA, but doesn't mean that anybody has been judged now except the devil and the fallen angels. Judgement would be after the rapture,great tribulation and the millenial reign.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by Fearcom(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
kitchen:

Two types of dead. Righteous and wicked dead.
Righteous are born again whose names are in the book of life. their souls go to heaven immediately after death to await the resurrection of their bodies.
the wicked dead go to hell immediately after death to await the resurrection of their bodies.
at the rapture, the righteous dead resurrect first and reunite with their bodies and are caught up with those who are redeemed (and alive)-both will be raptured, leaving the wicked-both dead and alive-behind. the wicked dead stay dead for a thousand years

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by IamGeorgie(m): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sunmolar:

They're in paradise(dead in Christ). others hell
TRUE. Hell, but not lake of fire yet, paradise but not heaven yet.
Re: Where Are The Dead Before Rapture? by IamGeorgie(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
ruggedlaw:

YOU MUST BE A BIBLE SCHOLAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Didnt Foresee Atta Mills Death / What Is God's View Of Smoking? / Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.