Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (692950 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
dailydolar:
which courier company u use if na NIPOST u might be on a long thing cos i sent a package tru dem since 29th November 2017 it was delivered on the 09 January 2018. well i only recieved mil from them and was informed to check my status tru the portal so i advise u do same

Yea, I sent through NIPOST. I just got a mail today from Tu Bergaka that they have received the one I sent to them on the 4th of December. The docs u sent on the 29th of Nov. Was it to FAU?
I need to know the particular mail you received from FAU. Did the mail state that they have received the hard copy of your documents you sent through post?

I received a mail too from them immediately after submitting my online application.

My status on their portal is showing REQUEST RECEIVED. What is yours showing plesse?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ItzChinnex(m): 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Please Guys, am in 400Level. I want to start processing mine but I don't know when and how to even start. Have any school issued any form of Application? I don't want to spend time here in Nigeria. I want to go immediately I graduate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ItzChinnex(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
donkafor:
Program start doesn't really determine. The most important thing is your enrollment deadline. Also, you can join classes anytime if your school allows online enrollment.

Please bro, am in 400Level. I want to start processing mine but I don't know when and how to even start. Have any school issued any form of Application? I don't want to spend time here in Nigeria. I want to go immediately I graduate.
Need help please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
Immafrank:

You can apply for Msc after your Bsc graduation here. Based on your grade, work experience, and some design software which you said you can work with. it will give you a better chance and make sure you show proof of your skills and work experience when applying.

As for the visa, after gaining admission, you need to open a German bank acct and transfer the sum of 8900 euros there. this serves as a proof of financial support, another option is sponsorship letter or schloraship. Read some pages on part 2 and part 3 of this thread for more enquiries concernuing this.

But right now focus on graduating. In your free time. you can search daad.de/en and look for your choice of courses. Don't let anybody discourage you applying for masters. it's 2018 positive vibes only.
Appreciate your prompt response...thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
donkafor:
@Obidikejr,

Getting admission is not that hard as she claim. Apply to courses related to your Bachelor's. You will be granted visa once you met the requirements (money involved). Many of us here are doing MSc.
Thanks donkafor... I made a little research and found that most schools charge tuition for MSc... Could you recommend a few schools that don't charge? Anyone in or around Frankfurt area?

Thanks God bless
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalaski001:

Yea, I sent through NIPOST. I just got a mail today from Tu Bergaka that they have received the one I sent to them on the 4th of December. The docs u sent on the 29th of Nov. Was it to FAU?
I need to know the particular mail you received from FAU. Did the mail state that they have received the hard copy of your documents you sent through post?

I received a mail too from them immediately after submitting my online application.

My status on their portal is showing REQUEST RECEIVED. What is yours showing plesse?
document sent on the 29th November is for darmstadt. but i sent my FAU application tru DHL and i got a mail that they have received it and my FAU status is showing VALID..

see their reply here sir
Dear Mr Fidelis Onyefuruchi Chiegene,

"The status of your application at campo.fau.de has changed. Please log in to find out more. Please refer to http://go.fau.de/8akw to learn about the meanting of the status."

Please log on with your account details to find out more:

https://www.campo.fau.de/

You will not receive any more notification mails until you log on to https://campo.fau.de.

Kind regards,
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

This e-mail was generated automatically. Please do not reply.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
Obidikejr:

Thanks donkafor... I made a little research and found that most schools charge tuition for MSc... Could you recommend a few schools that don't charge? Anyone in or around Frankfurt area?

Thanks God bless
this is not correct sir check very well most schools dont charge
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abimbola2018:

I used dhl o. Am asking if anyone got a confirmation mail
yes ma i got a mail from them
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
BabaEuro:
Apply for Schegen Visa through France. If you don't have plans to stay for next year yet, just fill N/A. That is Not Applicable.

Hi BabaEuro, I am in my final year in school here in Nigeria.. By God's Grace I will be done with NYSC by end of 2019. With the intention of going for my M.tech immediately in Germany what's the most advisable time to begin my application?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
dailydolar:
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
dailydolar:

You are right @dailydolar
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Jigba:

You didn't really try. Studienkolleg has been discussed on this particular thread several times, even yesterday smiley

There is no easiest way, other than studienkolleg. Look it up on Google or this thread

Hallo... Pls my question is directed to anyone who can comes across it... I have perused through some information on daad.
I didn't study Engineering course in my undergrad although what i studied its quite related to the built & construction environment but not an Engineering course.

I wish to apply for a built engineering course, I have seen some I am interested in but all of them requires a BSc Certificate in any Engineering course.

How possible is it to get the admission if I apply. Has anyone gotten such admissjon? I.e if requirement specifies you should've obtained a related degree as an undergraduate.

I study Building Technology as an Undergraduate.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
dailydolar:
document sent on the 29th November is for darmstadt. but i sent my FAU application tru DHL and i got a mail that they have received it and my FAU status is showing VALID..

see their reply here sir
Dear Mr Fidelis Onyefuruchi Chiegene,

"The status of your application at campo.fau.de has changed. Please log in to find out more. Please refer to http://go.fau.de/8akw to learn about the meanting of the status."

Please log on with your account details to find out more:

https://www.campo.fau.de/

You will not receive any more notification mails until you log on to https://campo.fau.de.

Kind regards,
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

This e-mail was generated automatically. Please do not reply.

Damn! The deadline for document submittion is Jan 15. Is there any courier service that I can use to send another document to FAU by tomorrow that will arrive before 15th?

I would have sent another document via a rellaible source if had gotten this info before now.

Nawa for NIPOST o, so a whole month is not enough for them to deliver my documents.

Please when exactly did u send your documents to FAU, from your own DHL tracking when did it arrive, and how many days later after the arrival did they send you the confirmation email?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lakeside2134: 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
pstfrancis:
Pls guys can anyone tell me how to register for German language classes in Lagos? Pls its important. Thanks all

Pm me i can be of help
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lakeside2134: 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ndydy:
Hello please anyone currently in TU Berlin or planning to apply to TU Berlin for winter semester. Let us connect and discuss as I am a prospective applicant for MBA in TU Berlin. Thank you

I am but for BSc anyway
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abimbola2018:

I used dhl o. Am asking if anyone got a confirmation mail

When did you send your documents to FAU, when last did you check your portal and what's the status you have there??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Adedrizzy(m): 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello all, i want to confirm for a friend having her interview next week but funded with 6000euros, can she fund the remaining after the interview? And hope this wont lead to Disqualification
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
Obidikejr:

Hi BabaEuro, I am in my final year in school here in Nigeria.. By God's Grace I will be done with NYSC by end of 2019. With the intention of going for my M.tech immediately in Germany what's the most advisable time to begin my application?
Since you will be completing your NYSC towards the end of 2019, you can prepare ahead for summer semester starting March/April 2020.

Applications for such school normally starts from September/October/November 2019 depending on the school and will ends in January 15th 2020 as the case may be. So prepare all your documents down and apply as early as possible.You don't need to complete your NYSC before you apply as NYSC certificate is not that significant.Your B.Sc result and transcripts, SSCE, Proof of English are the most important things to consider. Others that could also be required are Recommendation letters, Motivation letters, CV.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
Please o how reliable are german post office. I sent my documents to a friend in germany so she could help me post them in order to reduce cost. She posted them on tuesday. Now am checking my application status for both RUHR and FAU and they both claim they havent recieved d docs. Pls what can i do
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Adedrizzy:
Hello all, i want to confirm for a friend having her interview next week but funded with 6000euros, can she fund the remaining after the interview? And hope this wont lead to Disqualification
It's not necessary to fund before interview, she can go with print outs of the block account details.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalaski001:

When did you send your documents to FAU, when last did you check your portal and what's the status you have there??

My friend in germany posted them for me since tuesday

Ruhr says dey havent received it
Fau says d same
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abimbola2018:

Fau says d same

How did you contact FAU, did you send them a mail or you just checked your application portal ?

I sent them a mail when I wanted to confirm if they have received my documents, and they kinda warned me not to send them a mail again about my admission status that I should check my portal.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abimbola2018:

Fau says d same

Deutsch post takes about 5 days. Tell your friend to send the receipt to you. There's a tracking number you can use to track tour documents

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sassyp(m): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Anyone received admission from CAU KIEL or UNI PASSAU?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 12:23am On Jan 12, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 12:45am On Jan 12, 2018
BabaEuro:

Since you will be completing your NYSC towards the end of 2019, you can prepare ahead for summer semester starting March/April 2020.

Applications for such school normally starts from September/October/November 2019 depending on the school and will ends in January 15th 2020 as the case may be. So prepare all your documents down and apply as early as possible.You don't need to complete your NYSC before you apply as NYSC certificate is not that significant.Your B.Sc result and transcripts, SSCE, Proof of English are the most important things to consider. Others that could also be required are Recommendation letters, Motivation letters, CV.

Thanks... The motivation letter is like an essay about why you wanto study there is it?
Does the fact am a native speaker of the English language cover for proof of English proficiency?

Are you in Germany now?

Thanks.. Waiting for your earnest reply.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 1:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Good morning leute, please I want to certify my documents and I don't want to use the German embassy because it is meant for a different purpose. Where can I certify my documents in Lagos, please I want to do it today
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 3:21am On Jan 12, 2018
Obidikejr:

Thanks... The motivation letter is like an essay about why you wanto study there is it?
Does the fact am a native speaker of the English language cover for proof of English proficiency?

Are you in Germany now?

Thanks.. Waiting for your earnest reply.

Motivation letter is a write up stating your reasons for applying for a particular course, that particular school, you must be able to convince them on why they should admit you. A well constructed motivation letter increases the chance of admission.

Nigeria is not a native speaker of English, you need to get a proof that your language of instruction during your bsc was English from your school registrar, they know how to do that. check your school requirements cuz some German university accepts this letters and some require you do English proficiency exam.

You need to make more research on your own by reading previous post on page 2 and page 3 to reduce grilling ppl here. Also make daad.de/en your friend. Bless up

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by aamstih: 4:32am On Jan 12, 2018
Bros, you see this life ehhhh...

God go bless you....

Your wife go love you and e no go play away...

You go live long

Your daughters go fine pass Mario Gotze babe (That girl where him kiss for 2014 world cup finals) grin

Amen!

Gcapable:

Personally, there are 3 possible responses to the question what are your plans after study?

1. You can say you are coming back to Nigeria after studies to impact your knowledge blablablabla. The follow up questions is always to do what and where will you work? If you have satisfactory answers to the questions, then this should be your response.

2. You can say you will stay for your Masters or PhD. The follow up questions will be questions about Masters or PhD studies like how many years, in what field, what is a Masters or PhD grade, what will be your potential research topic etc. If you are vast in these areas, then this should be your response.

3. You can say you will like to work for a while before returning to Nigeria (especially if your course doesnt have a compulsory internship or you dont have a prior working experience) because:
A. You will like to give back to the country that offered you quality and free education by paying taxes and contributing to the pension fund (Germany no de joke with the 2)
B. You will love to have a practical experience in an international working environment for atleast 6months or a year before returning home (you are doing this to be at an advantage when you are back in Nigeria because every company values work experiences over certificate only). This will put you in a better position in the labour force and guarantee you securing a job when you are back.

P.S. whatever your response is be sure to be able to answer the follow-up questions and justify your choice with sound and rational reasons. People have said they are coming back to Nigeria and got rejected, same way people have said they are staying back and got approved. What guarantee your visa are the reasons behind your choices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.