Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693414 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Jones500: 4:42am On Jan 12, 2018
Hello guys, please is it compulsory to have student insurance paid before my visa interview date?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2018
ayomeah:

Deutsch post takes about 5 days. Tell your friend to send the receipt to you. There's a tracking number you can use to track tour documents

Five days!!! That means it will get there on tuesday, or is weekend included? Jesus! And d deadline is monday. Am in trouble cry will the schools still collect d docs.
Is dere anyone who used Deutsche post, how long did it take before d sch received it. I am desperate. I dnt want to believe i wasted all dat money and my time.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2018
Abimbola2018:

Five days!!! That means it will get there on tuesday, or is weekend included? Jesus! And d deadline is monday. Am in trouble cry will the schools still collect d docs.
Is dere anyone who used Deutsche post, how long did it take before d sch received it. I am desperate. I dnt want to believe i wasted all dat money and my time.
With God all things are possible! Put it in prayers and they will receive it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 8:39am On Jan 12, 2018
BabaEuro:
With God all things are possible! Put it in prayers and they will receive it.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 9:36am On Jan 12, 2018
Abimbola2018:

That's on the extreme. When did your friend send it? I used it once and it got there in 4 days. I also use royal mail in uk often who delivers it to gls in germany.
I have a parcel i sent though royal mail in uk on 8th. Got to gls germany on 10th. Checked now, they said it will be delivered today.
Ask your friend for the tracking no. You should have even told her that before she posted it. That's the only way your mind will be at rest.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by babs3310: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2018
Hello evribodii.
Honestly sum'thn just happened right now and I can't even lie this time...
My interview is coming and I've been thinking of what to wear...can I just go without a tie because honestly speaking I don't like wearing them...because I'm seriously angry if I have to use a tie in suit
Or I have to be dressed in the full package. Does it really count?
Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

Pleqse if you're sending documents, always ask for tracking number. It is very important. To avoid unnecessary blood pressure.

If you sent your documents to someone, tell the person to snap the receipt and send to you.

Track your documents. Some schools will never acknowledge the receipt of your documents. Always assume all schools are like that. Most of these schools, especially the german elite schools receive documents from over the world in thousands. Its cumbersome to acknowledge all these documents for some, most especially the ones with a central application portal.

When i went to to open blocked account, i tracked the prepaid envelope i paid for.

Also try to leave at least a 2 week buffer time from the time you sent the document to the deadline, most especially if you've not used the courier agent before. Anything can happen. When calculating, exclude public holidays, weekends.

Please ask for your tracking number and track your documents. No extra cost is involved.

Peace!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 12, 2018
babs3310:
Hello evribodii.
My interview is coming and I've been thinking of what to wear...can I just go without a tie because honestly speaking I don't like wearing them...because I'm seriously angry if I have to use a tie in suit
Thanks!

I don't think dressing matters though, my opinion

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by babs3310: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2018
Jigba:

I don't think dressing matters though, my opinion

Oohh... Hallelujah. Thanks!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 10:07am On Jan 12, 2018
babs3310:
Hello evribodii.
Thanks!

One of the funniest questions I've seen this year. Guy you ain't going for a job interview. They don't care about what you wear. it's what you have upstairs that matters

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 10:13am On Jan 12, 2018
Hello House,

Help me thank Baba God.

I got my student visa at last after the whole rigorous and stressful process of applying and interview.

I got a 6 months visa, which will be further processed to a residence permit when I arrive Germany.

My school is in Berlin, I have book my flight already.

Anyone going to Berlin Next week let's connect.

Abeg House, hope I can travel dis January cos my school is to start by March.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by babs3310: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2018
Immafrank:

One of the funniest questions I've seen this year. Guy you ain't going for a job interview. They don't care about what you wear. it's what you have upstairs they need.

Lol... I felt so too but I just wanted to be relieved of having that as an extra thought.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2018
babs3310:
Hello evribodii.
Thanks!

Forget about suit it's too odd .Just were a simple long sleeve,it's ok if you want to put on a tie. On the whole just look simple and smart

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BlackDeutsche: 10:40am On Jan 12, 2018
SenR:
Hello House,

Help me thank Baba God.

I got my student visa at last after the whole rigorous and stressful process of applying and interview.

I got a 6 months visa, which will be further processed to a residence permit when I arrive Germany.

My guy might be going to Berlin. Did you secure accommodation already? How did you go about it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Obidikejr(m): 10:40am On Jan 12, 2018
Immafrank:

Motivation letter is a write up stating your reasons for applying for a particular course, that particular school, you must be able to convince them on why they should admit you. A well constructed motivation letter increases the chance of admission.

Nigeria is not a native speaker of English, you need to get a proof that your language of instruction during your bsc was English from your school registrar, they know how to do that. check your school requirements cuz some German university accepts this letters and some require you do English proficiency exam.

You need to make more research on your own by reading previous post on page 2 and page 3 to reduce grilling ppl here. Also make daad.de/en your friend. Bless up

Danke sher... Appreciate smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2018
SenR:
Hello House,

Help me thank Baba God.

Congrat SenR! Go to Deutschland and succeed. If you have a place to stay you can start enjoying yourself before school resumes.

Please which air flight did u book that is more affordable? What's their rate and which airport in Germany is it landing.Just want to get a feel of the cost.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=SenR post=64124155]Hello House,

Help me thank Baba God.

Congrats SenR!
I'm sure this is the first visa approval post in this platform for the year. Congrats once again.
That's the kind of testimonies we would be getting in this platform in 2018.

Pls when did you do your interview?
When did you fund (in case u didn't use sponsorship or scholarship)?

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2018
Lol. Just be yourself without trying to over impress anyone

Hello evribodii.
Thanks![/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hadassaheke(f): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2018
Jones500:
Hello guys, please is it compulsory to have student insurance paid before my visa interview date?
No. When your visa has been approved, you'll be notified via email to come with travel insurance and other doc...
You only need student insurance for enrollment in your school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hadassaheke(f): 11:43am On Jan 12, 2018
SenR:
Hello House,

Help me thank Baba God.

The date you'll travel largely depends on the start date of your visa as indicated on your passport.
By the way, Congratulations! Come to Deutschland and Excel!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2018
Jones500:

No
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2018
BlackDeutsche:

My guy might be going to Berlin. Did you secure accommodation already? How did you go about it?

Yes I did secure an Accomodation with the school.

But I also booked for two days Accomodation in a hotel as well.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kolidave: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2018
Hi guys. I've been going through the pages of this topic for sometime now and I can confess it's been a tough one. And the thing too plenty sef buh not withstanding im still reading through. A quick question plz, does having a sponsorship letter or opening a blocked account a guarantee to get visa and study in Germany or one can still get rejected even if you have any of the two. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=BabaEuro post=64125642][/quote]

I booked a one way ticket with Royal Air Marroc for #221,000.

It will take off from Lagos and Land at Franfurt am main international airport Germany.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:52am On Jan 12, 2018
hadassaheke:

The date you'll travel largely depends on the start date of your visa as indicated on your passport.

I guess he also sent his proposed date of travel when he was asked to send his int'l passport and health insurance. Don't you think so?

Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=Metabolite01 post=64125691][/quote]

I did my interview last year November, and I got my visa towards ending of December.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Jones500: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2018
hadassaheke:

No. When your visa has been approved, you'll be notified via email to come with travel insurance and other doc...
You only need student insurance for enrollment in your school.
OK, so I don't have to worry about any insurance till my AM arrives.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2018
hadassaheke:

Thanks so much, I intend to travel on the start date of the visa.

Hope that's ok
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
kolidave:
Hi guys. I've been going through the pages of this topic for sometime now and I can confess it's been a tough one. And the thing too plenty sef buh not withstanding im still reading through. A quick question plz, does having a sponsorship letter or opening a blocked account a guarantee to get visa and study in Germany or one can still get rejected even if you have any of the two. Thanks

Proof of finance or subsistence doesn't guarantee visa approval, but its a necessary condition for granting student visa among oda things
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
SenR:

I did my interview last year November, and I got my visa towards ending of December.

OK.

Thanks for the response.

If you wouldn't mind, I don't know if you can post your interview transcript for others in the platform (especially for those whose interview is fast approaching) to learn one or two things from it.

Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
kolidave:

Truth is having a sponsorship or blocked account does not determine if you would be given a visa.

I know bout few cases where all the necessary documents were provided by student applicants and were still denied visas.

What guarantees that you will be given a visa is based on your performance during the visa interview aside having all the necessary documents is;

How well you did your research matters a lot,

How well you answer the questions,

How much you know bout your school, the course of study, the city were your school is located and the country.

How you compose and comport yourself during the interview,

How well you are able to convince your interviewer you are actually going for studies.

Etc....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.