Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Was Jesus Christ Crucified? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Christ Crucified? (8060 Views)

Was Christ Crucified? / DEBATE: Swere Josh Mcdowell And Ahmed Deedat, TOPIC: Was Christ Crucified? / Was Jesus Christ Crucified On A Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2008
If Jesus wsnt crucfd, then, whose is d "SHROUD OF TURIN"?
PS.The Shroud was kept in Turin, Italy. It is a 4'5m shroud with images, front and back of a crucified man, crowned with thorns and whipped. Apparently the things Jesus is said to have suffered.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Nimshi: 5:43am On Oct 29, 2008
babs787:

@all

I can see that you are ready for me. I will soon be back for this thread. We will know if he was crucified and if he was really like Jonah.

Lol.

480 days and counting. grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by babs787(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2008
@Nimshi

Lol.

480 days and counting

Good I love that. You have started as said in one of my response to you but would do you good if you could counter my verses and you and I start from there
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Lady2(f): 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2008
babs787 can you please provide non-biblical and non-quranic proof that Jesus wasn't crucified? please?
provide proof that is completely unbiased.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by babs787(m): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2008
@Lady

babs787 can you please provide non-biblical and non-quranic proof that Jesus wasn't crucified? please?
provide proof that is completely unbiased.

Thanks for the post. Honestly I dont want to engage xtians in discussion/debate ever since the sections have been separated.

With regards to Quranic proof, you have the verses already in the Quran. Also about the proof from the bible, you have verses as well and would go into that as we proceed.

Without going into the verses, Jesus gave only one sign which happened to be 'the only sign of Jonah' in which he said that' as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so also the son of man would be.

Interpreting the above, one would see that from the book of Jonah, Jonah didnt die while going through the ordeal and when the whale vomited him, he was alive as well and Jesus said AS JONAH WAS THREE DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS and if we are to judge by this, do you think that JESUS was like Jonah and how was he like him?

Could you please tell me how you arrive at three days and 3 nights calculation bearing it in mind that they start their own day from last night and would also appreciate the exact day he died and we still calculate the if he indeed fulfilled the three days and three nights prophecy.

There were many signs Jesus could have given but decided to choose only that of sign and why did he choose that.

We should also note that Jesus was not in the belly of the earth as many people thought.

when the above is being solved, I will try to go into his alleged death on the cross when he was given vinegar that was supposed to have stimulating effect and we will from there move to when they wanted to touch and were afraid to do that.

Hope I have not asked too much?

God bless.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by DavidDylan(m): 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
Nimshi:

Lol.

480 days and counting. grin

na today? grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by babs787(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2008
na today?

E don tay jare my brother
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Nimshi: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
DavidDylan:

na today? grin

babs787:

E don tay jare my brother

Your brother? Hehe. You wouldn't recognise irony if it bit you on the nose, crawled into your left eye and rest back out on your lips. wink
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by babs787(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2008
@Nimshi

Your brother? Hehe. You wouldn't recognise irony if it bit you on the nose, crawled into your left eye and rest back out on your lips. 

I don't know when you decide to turn to his spokesman. I understood him perfectly but doesnt have time for his fruitless argument without facts like yours. You only need to re-examine yourself and your mischief.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by focused123(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2009
Yes, Jesus was crucified.

So are the Muhammedans denying this fact ?
Re: Was Jesus Christ Crucified? by Abuzola(m): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2009
Quran 4

156. And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);

157. [b]And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ]:

158. But Allâh raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allâh is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise.

159. And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of Allâh and a human being], before his ['Iesa (Jesus) or a Jew's or a Christian's] death (at the time of the appearance of the angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he ['Iesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘my Grass To Grace Story’ – Prophet Joshua Iginla Recounts / Prayer Postures / Reincarnation - Deepsight, Let's Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.