Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626582 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Raintaker(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2017
DiegoNakel:
I don't even know what genre I should say the story is about !!!
Lol
Maybe Crime Thriller

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
where is chapter 8 and 9
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
why won't u finish the storry

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by hardeybay(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good one, keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
bakeuhappy:
@souloho19 keep it coming.. I love the twist and turns. I took time out to read delayed diagnosis and I was thrilled. Thanks a lot but you need to write a sequel to it.. cos we need to know what happened to Mr Kehinde?

Thanks a million ma'am..as for delayed diagnosis I'm thinking of a short series that would cover the cases they'll tackle as a PI firm and also their hunt for the shadow leader Mr Kehinde. *rubs hands* thanks once more I so love ur idea
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Frankenstein:
The devil is this, the devil is that.

grin grin grin

Souloho19, please take your time with the story. There is no deadline!

The last few updates were written in a rush.

Thanks bro duly noted. Pls I would appreciate any observation and criticism...I understand you're very good at that wink
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
AminatOpe247:
Souloho weldone ooo. Tot u said u won't lemme crawl back to my shell wit ur stories. Bt here u are, U started anoda story n u didn't lemme kno. Issokay ooo.

Aminat oooooooo
Honestly I mentioned you..some people were not notified of the mention I'm sure that's what happened here. And I've been waiting and wondering for/about your comment(lack of)
Anyway please forgive me..no going back to the shell for you o smiley
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
JaeSharp:
Paul is the killer... according to October 1st (a Nigerian movie with the same story line) but let's see the twist cos am sure my Oga at the top have a lot of surprise for us... well done sir

Welcome bro..tnx for ur comment.u SHARP. But despite the likeness with Oct 1 don't take it like that o. After all I used to think the movie was about our independence grin...Jah bless

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
emmyN:
Wow, I just saw your mention. I know this one must be hot. Lemme go'an start from first page, I'm coming

Welcome bro..long time

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
"About 3 months ago I ran into some bad company in the City" Paul explained looking into disbelief and shock in the eyes of both girls.
"what kind of bad company?" Oluchi sounded confused. She folded her arms as she glared at her brother in disbelief. Amara watched the drama unfold silently. She was a spectator...for now.

"I owe people..some very bad people money. I had to leave Lagos for my safety but I couldn't come home straight, I had to sort myself and lay low somewhere close by, so I-"
"Paul all this one you're saying I don't understand, the day we picked you at the park did you arrive from Lagos or you just strolled in from the next village. That's my question"
"Not to mention that girl called you Emeka" Amara added studying him suspiciously.

"Oluchi, Amara please now is not the time, not here in the open" Paul said weakly as he noticed the tall pastor walking towards them.

"Amara, nice to see you again..hello...I can't remember your name" Osi said cheerfully as he caught up with them.
"I'm Oluchi.."
"Oh..very nice to meet you, hope you enjoyed the communion"
"Yes I did"
Osi finally looked at Paul. The young man looked flustered and Osi studied him with an intense gaze.
"Its nice to meet you once again..I'd like to have a word with you..if you're not too busy"

But Paul had his shoulder up. He didn't look comfortable. "I'm sorry but not today...or not at this moment I'm really busy"
With that he walked briskly away leaving his sister behind.
However Oluchi was not done yet and she followed, calling after him. "Paul? Paul? Talk to me now.."

°•°•°•
"Hope I didn't interrupt anything?" Osi said to Amara as they watched brother and sister walk away.
"No you did not" she smiled at him "I enjoyed the sermon and the communion...it was my first time today"
"Wow..how was it?"
"It felt...strange at first but I'd go for unique now"
Osi smiled "the important thing is to understand the concept and what it represents..are you ready to go home? I'd walk you"
"Actually I was planning to pay my last respect to Chinaza and her father when they bury them later today"
"Oh...I'd be heading there myself, we can walk together, I just have to make sure that everything is okay over here first"
"No problem...how is your investigation going?"
"Investigation?" He looked at her surprised
"You were asking some questions about Ozioma if I recall correctly"
"Oh...well the questions haven't really brought any form of enlightenment"
"Oh...thank God the killer has been identified"
Osi frowned, he hoped that was true and that he was wrong to have his doubts.

"It just struck me, do you have any idea where one can find plenty second hand clothes that he can tear out a piece of material to be used as a blindfold?"
She thought hard for a minute then shook her head "nope...I can't think of anything at the moment"
"Okay...please don't hesitate to let me know if you remember anything.

°•°•°•°
Little Jelemba ran round the village wailing and crying, stopping every now and then to pick up sand and throw in the air as he shouted.

The dibia was dead!!
The dibia was dead!!

He soon drew a loud crowd and people began to follow him. No one talked to him and they kept their distance.
Jelemba was a chosen one, handpicked by the gods in his early years. Only few people dared speak to him.

Before long, just as Bush fire is known to spread, the news of the dibia's death went ahead the wailing messenger and reached the elders' ears.

"The dibia is dead!"
"What!"
"Its an abomination!"
"Its not possible!" Dé John began pacing frantically. "I dare say our land is cursed...cursed!!!"
"They say his young one is weeping on his way here"
"What do we do..what about the body?"
"This means that Okudili is still in our midst"
"How could he not foresee his own demise"
"This bastard Okudili!"
"What do we do now?!!"
It was not a good day to be a leader.

°•°•°•
"Please leave him alone...pastor Osi you are a stranger...you don't understand how things are done here...let him be, the kind of news he's carrying has so many evil spirits attached to it, please...biko Osi let's mind our business"
But Osi wasn't listening. All he could think of as he watched young Jelemba wailing round the village was: this misguided lost soul!

"Amara believe me..it is because of people like this young boy that I'm here" with that he moved closer to the boy who was busy writing something in the sand.
"Hello, young one..peace be unto you"
"He's dead! He's dead! The one who calls the rain when our soil is dry...the one who calls the sun when our lands are flooded! He's gone! Killed like a dog...ooooohhh...the gods have cursed us!"
"Listen to me, you are not cursed..no one cursed you, the bible says cursed is he who hangs from a tree...do you know what that means? When Jesus hung on the tree..he took your curse..he took my curse..its left to you to believe and claim it"
The boy blinked. This was the first time he was hearing such. It sounded alien to his ears. "Jesus?"
"Yes son...lemme tell you about Jesus...then you'll tell me why you are crying okay?"
Surprisingly the boy nodded.

Amara watched in disbelief then the disbelief gave way to pride, then the pride she felt for Osi melted into something else. As she watched him interact with the child, she knew she was in love.

°•°•°•°•

The devil always made sure he never regretted his actions. Which was why he took his time to plan out every attack and why he hated losing control when he was overpowered by rage and lust. But he was angry now, the Pastor was obviously very much alive and healthy the poison hadn't worked!
And then the [i]dibia.
That had been a calculated move, besides the dibia really knew who he was and he couldn't take chances.
But he wondered about the piece of clothe he had left at the scene. He had gone with impulse then and had thought to tie the murder with the previous attacks but now he wondered if it was such a smart move.
It didn't really matter. What mattered was that he was beginning to feel the urge surfacing. The urge to have Amara to himself, the urge to ravish her body and it was getting stronger than ever.
[/i]

°•°•°•°•
The dibia's shrine was in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by trees and rocks. It was more or else on the outskirt of Amaife and closer to the next village.
And as the few villagers marched grimly towards the shrine, a heavy silence descended on them as they stomached the fact that their messenger, the one they turned to for advice and held in high esteem as their liaison with the gods was as vulnerable as everyone of them. He was so vulnerable that he had been killed.

Dé Nwachukwu led the small crowd walking in a very slow pace, eulogizing the dead and greeting all the spirits sure to be hovering about in a dialect most people didn't understand.

Their minds were so far away and deeply troubled that they all missed the shoe print in the sand just in front of the shrine. If one studied it closely he would conclude the size couldn't be more than 9 or a size 39-41 meaning whoever had left the print didn't have big feet.

But each of them were either shocked, scared and angry or shocked+scared+angry so they didn't notice anything.

At the front of the shrine, they all saw the dibia's legs protruding out of the tent as he had been knocked backwards.
And this time everyone noticed the torn piece of clothe around the deceased legs. It was from a shirt that had definitely seen better days. The material was stained with blood and had smudges of dried alcohol stains.
Everybody knew the shirt. It belonged to Okudili.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by eitsei(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
I don't think okudili is the killer

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by princesam10(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
my guy soulo ur writings are wickedly good

Full of suspense cant wait for the next one

Jah bless u man, more in to ur pen and and and

Ferrari fall on you..... grin grin[color=#000099][/color] grin

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by prisiliveth: 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
okudili is not d devil,tell us d devil already

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Lol. Okwudili is not d killer

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Segibambo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
When you read the latest chapter, and you're put in a state of limbo as to who the Devil is! Oga writer, Contunu ooo!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
kip up d gud work nd try nt to put me in suspense kos i hate delay pls

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Cjizzy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
As e dey hot... Drop am

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by AminatOpe247: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
No wahala. U r pardoned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tomzz(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
wow such a great piece by a great writer. the suspence is fantabulous. now to the story i suspect three people to be the killer okudili, paul and steven one of the last two used okudili's cloth to frame him in the death of the dibia. i even suspect okudili to be dead just thinking sha
#wo

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Jekonmor(m): 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
On my toes...
Bring it on.
More! More!! More!!!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Paul And Steve Are Not The Killer!! Both Were In Church Premises When The Native Doctor Died. Not Okuwdili!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pastor Bathlomew is Probably The Killer!

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nice update soul.... waiting till you reveal the devil.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Rodriguez12(m): 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Souloho dis suspense is tu much......u knw what...kuku kill me

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by OGMEEKZY07(m): 12:08am On Aug 18, 2017
u knw sum pple gt stroke abeg post d remaining

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bleeze2: 7:43am On Aug 18, 2017
No doubt the culprit is stevenson or pastor bathelomew, watchout

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Boderline(m): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2017
Maybe the devil is actually osi shocked shocked shocked shocked

The explanation will be that he has multiple personality disorder, just like one sidney sheldon book like that. grin grin grin

can't wait for the devil's unveiling. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. well done OP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cruzyteejay(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2017
Wow....good u are,killer suspense u've got......xo who is this devil?

The devil stays under the big tree located at the village market.

The devil lust over the village girls,and trail the unlucky ones to their death

the devil is a son of the soil

but the devil is not friendly,unlike in the case of chinaza

last but not the least,
the devil wears OKRIKA

i guess the devil is O K,i might be wrong though,its all up to you to decide @souloho .....if u like say its amara or even gregory,besides how do you expect us to pick out the devil when u presented almost 4 devils to us?

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by FreshestManny(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2017
Beautiful story u got going @Souloho19 I must say I'm impressed. I actually felt like I was there physically observing the whole situation. Really looking forward to the next update.

P.S: pls mention me when u next update so I can continue reading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Frankenstein: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
souloho19:

Thanks bro duly noted. Pls I would appreciate any observation and criticism...I understand you're very good at that wink
You have been doing a wonderful job so far. Sincerely, your writing style marvels me- the way you twist the plot and hide details in plain sight without being too predictable. Makes me want to start writing already.

You have managed to hold your audience guessing, captivated and yearning for more. That's all you need to know. The rest are secondary issues you could always tidy up. Keep it up! I hope this ends up into a book that will fetch you good money.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Tolezy001(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
I am suspecting the devil to be all the men in the village grin

4 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.