Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626750 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Maryclaire1:
Don't I just love this dude kiss I love the way u started this story...I wonder who the devil is..thanks for the invite...dview001 I site u ooo u no send me my song again angry...Donteanz bigger u I pray HBD...souloho19 ride on sir I dey your side gidigba wink smiley

at last you're here..been missing ur posts..welcome Mary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
OlufemiWhit:
Nice story....more ink to your pen

tnx alot bro welcome on board
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
souloho19:

happy birthday country:: many happy returns and wishing you every good thing in life. Remain blessed dear.
P.s: ur update is ready just waiting for electricity to transfer from paper to nl.

@donteanz u're a twin?
thanks a lot and I can't wait for the update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donteanz(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
souloho19:

happy birthday country:: many happy returns and wishing you every good thing in life. Remain blessed dear.
P.s: ur update is ready just waiting for electricity to transfer from paper to nl.

@donteanz u're a twin?
Of course yes, omoTaye for that matter. I hope say you no get query for me?
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by modik(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hbd to you. Cheers.

Looooooooooooooooooooong life and prosperity.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Maryclaire1(f): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
souloho19:

at last you're here..been missing ur posts..welcome Mary
smiley thank you. I couldn't miss this for anything ooo mbanu smileywe dey wait for update ooo......I can foresee a love brewing for Osi and Amara I hope say person no go claim her again lipsrsealed......countrygirl HBD age with Grace dear best wishes from me to you and I hope u had massive fun today smiley
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Maryclaire1:
smiley thank you. I couldn't miss this for anything ooo mbanu smileywe dey wait for update ooo......I can foresee a love brewing for Osi and Amara I hope say person no go claim her again lipsrsealed......countrygirl HBD age with Grace dear best wishes from me to you and I hope u had massive fun today smiley
thanks dear, you are highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin grin
donteanz:
Of course yes, omoTaye for that matter. I hope say you no get query for me?
you are twin? I want to give birth to twins oo. Come let's reason together
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
modik:
Hbd to you. Cheers.

Looooooooooooooooooooong life and prosperity.
I don't know if this for me but I've claimed it grin, thanks a bunch
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by modik(m): 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Countrygirl:
I don't know if this for me but I've claimed it grin, thanks a bunch
Absolutely for you.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donteanz(m): 12:04am On Aug 03, 2017
Countrygirl:
grin grin you are twin? I want to give birth to twins oo. Come let's reason together
I dey like this kind matter wella. The thing wey just dey there be say, you go fit pay the price.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2017
donteanz:
I dey like this kind matter wella. The thing wey just dey there be say, you go fit pay the price.
name your price, soul will pay for me.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2017
modik:
Absolutely for you.
thanks a lot
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donteanz(m): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
Countrygirl:
name your price, soul will pay for me.
you mean Souloho19 is your guarantor if i'm not mistaken. Lets get him informed before i mention my price.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
dedicated to countrygirl happy birthday in arrears...hope you had fun

In the crowd the villagers all listened to their leaders. All was silent and the only voice to be heard was De Nwachukwu’s powerful voice.
Okudili sat at the back where he could keep an eye on Amara. He had been on the lookout and had even come to the square early with the hope of seeing them. But they had arrived late, just minutes before the opening prayer. Okudili paid zero attention to tye words coming from De’ Nwachukwu. He was more interested in the daughter. He frowned as he saw the young man in the leather jacket lean in to whisper something in her ear.
De’ Nwachukwu: “I need to appeal to everyone of us, we can not allow one demon to come and ruin our happiness and our peace as a community”
“This is the time to stand together, be on the lookout, 0ur youths and young men especially, we boast of some of the best wrestlers in the neighbouring billages. We need to task ourselves with protecting our women, we need to fluch out this person and we need to be united to do so, the worst thing is he is one of us, he might even be sitting here listening to me….”
He let that hang in the air as he took his seat.
Pa Kenneth who was still agile for a man in his eighties stood up to address the villagers. “As we speak, visitors from another state arrived in our community few hours ago. They would be hosted by our very own Bartholomew and I understand you will come in contact with most of them over the course of the week. I want to implore you to receive them peacefully, people of Amaife have always been known for their hospitality, let us not let that change”
“Our daughters are landing in the mortuary without passing through the hospital and you want us to be hospitable?” Someone shouted from the crowd and immediately there was a chorus as the villagers broke into murmuring and side talks.
Pa Kenneth tried to calm the crowd “My brothers and sisters, we need to play our part, if you can expose this monster through diabolical means please, please and please do that but let us not refuse our brothers who serve pastor Bartholomew’s God the chance to do so” His attempt at silencing the crowd backfired as their voice increased. The recent killings had gotten under the skin of everyone. They had all looked to their leaders for a solution and had come to this meeting with renewed hope thinking: ‘our leaders would tell us what to do’. They were not pleased with what they were hearing so far: Unity? to be Watchful? No way! the voices increased as they grew more unsettled.
De’ john stood up in a desperate attempt to calm the villagers. Raising both hands he called for decorum, but alas the uniform voice of protest grew louder.

A figure emerged from the crowd. He walked briskly to the front and conferred with the leaders. Pa Kenneth nodded and gestured to the crowd with his hand as if to say “they’re all yours”
A funny thing happened, The moment the man opened his mouth to speak, the crowd fell quiet. It was Stevenson.
“People of Amaife, you all accepted me in your midst and I’m grateful for that. I’ve learnt so much from you all, I’ve been able to get priceless material for my book, but not only that you’ve taught me values that were alien to me in my country”
He began to pace “It’s so unfortunate what has been happening the past couple of weeks, but I assure you all whoever he is, he would be caught, your leaders are doing their possible best and its up to us to do ours, our firls and women please never you walk alone. If you’re going to the farm, go with your brother, if you’re going to the stream don’t go alone, take someone with you. With time whoever is doing all this would slip up out of frustration and we’d catch him” he paused, stopped pacing and looked at the crowd till his eyes met hers “As you people would say, 99 days for the thief, but one day for the owner”
“So we should allow 99% of our daughters to be killed first abi?” the voice from the crowd fired again
“Don’t mind the idiat!” Okudili added, his voice dripping with ,much contempt.
The crowd started shouting again.

+++
“Did you see the way Steve looked at me?” Oluchi asked Amara after the meeting as they walked home.
“Yes Oluchi, I saw it” Amara replied. Although for a minute she had thought the European had looked at her.
Paul who had stayed behind to greet and catch up with his old friends caught up with them.
“Amara, I’d like to come over and say hello to your father” he said as he tried to hold her hand.

Amara didn’t need a soothsayer to know what Was coming next. She had to talk with Oluchi, she couldn’t afford to lose their friendship and at the same time she couldn’t be dragged into any relationship. All of a sudden she needed to be alone. She needed to think.
“You know what? I need to check on my sister Joy and need to prepare food for my father. I know he would be very tired”
“That reminds me, I heard about your mother passing away, I’m so sorry” Paul gave himself a mental kick for not remembering earlier.
“Its alright, Oluchi we’ll see later”
“You shouln’t go alone”
“I’d bbe fine, I’m sure I’d see Joy on the way”
“What’s wrong with her?” Paul asked his sister as they watched her walk away.
“She’s upset”
“About what?”
Oluchi had no reply to that she just shrugged.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
CHAPTER 3
The team had been set up in a 3 bedroom bungalow. The house belonged to pastor Bartholomew and he had offered it to the team for the duration of the crusade. Osi wondered where the pastor himself would be staying. He made up his mind to ask him.
“What kind of meeting is this? For how many hours? This is quarter to three!” the deacon asked loudly from the bedroom. He had taken one room, Bukky being a female had a room to herself, that left Osi, the driver, Gregory and Ovie with the last room. Ovie being direct and straight forward had wanted to join the deacon saying the rooms ought to be shared two to one. Osi had restrained him saying the three seater in the parlour had looked tempting.
“With all due respect, pastor this your humility would make people like the deacon think you’re a fool they could ride on” Ovie said
“The Lord exalts the humble and humbles the proud and arrogant” Osi replied. He patted Ovie on the shoulder when he apologized and went to the kitchen to check on Bukky.

Bukky was preparing jellof rice in the kitchen. She was pleased with the utensils she had met. The driver had helped her carry the foodstuffs from the bus through the back door. He was currently outside cleaning the bus.
Osi walked into the kitchen “Something smells nice”
“Brunch is almost ready” she replied with a smile
“Brunch this is too late for brunch already”
“That’s true…its almost 3 o’clock. God I’m starving……where are you going?” she asked Osi as he headed towards the back door.
“I’d like to stroll round a bit, farmiliarize myself with the village.. I’d be back soon”
“Please don’t get lost oh”
He chuckled opening the door “I promise I won’t”
++
The mention of her late mother had brought to many painful memories. Amara walked the lonely path with her mind faraway. Her mother had died two years ago after battling diabetes for more than a decade. Her mother had been beautiful. kind and she had een her daughters best friend and their confidant. Amara remembered the talks they used to have while her mother plaited her hair in her favourite style (cornrows) or while they prepared dinner. Suddenly she missed her mother so much her heart ached, she yearned to speak to her. Without knowing it, she headed towards the path away from home, where her mother was buried.

++

The devil watched her as she approached the grave site. After the meeting, he had watched her walk alone and on impulse had followed her at a distance. He couldn’t believe his luck when she had chosen the path that was lonely and surrounded withy grass and trees. He could feel himself growing immediately hard as she squatted down to run her hands along the marble surface of the grave yard.
The devil imagined the different ways he would have Amara and he couldn’t wait anymore. He imagined laying her lifeless body on the grave when he was through with her. He couldn’t wait anymore….no….he had to have her now!

++
Speaking to her mother always brought her comfort and made her feel better. She talked about anything she could think of from what she had prepared for breakfast to her younger sister, to Oluchi and Paul and the stranger(s) she had seen that morning.
“He was very tall, I was surprised to see them but Pa Kenneth explained that they’re pastors here for a crusade”
She suddenly felt a presence behind her and heard the breaking of dry leaves. She whirled around and gasped “You!”………..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
you who??

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Kimkardashain(f): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
my heart just skipped a bit
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Oyindawealth(f): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Oh ooooh!! Souloho why did u av to stop dere now Continue Jor.... Waiting for more updates thanks!! More wisdom fall on you! Amen!!!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
Osi to the rescue. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Rhayne(f): 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
See suspense!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kunbeex(f): 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
M really enjoying this story, just like October first but with a twist

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kunbeex(f): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
M really enjoying this story, just like October first but with a twist. powerful sir

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by princessadeola(f): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
The guy is back. welcome. Following
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
donteanz:
you mean Souloho19 is your guarantor if i'm not mistaken. Lets get him informed before i mention my price.
Do we need to officially inform him ?

Thanks soul for the dedication, love you plenty
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
osi, please choose Amy's path. I'm thinking this devil is okwudili.

Imagine Amara, minutes after being warned about walking alone, she decided to take a lonely and bushy path.. this is how some people die cause of carelessness

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donteanz(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Countrygirl:

though he hasn't given a reply.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donteanz(m): 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
Countrygirl:

There is this important ritual we have to make, but first we need money to arrange the ingredients for the concussion. The money is not much, 50K would do.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by soulminister(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2017
I think the acclaimed "devil" is stevenson

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Countrygirl(f): 6:38am On Aug 04, 2017
donteanz:
There is this important ritual we have to make, but first we need money to arrange the ingredients for the concussion. The money is not much, 50K would do.
Hahaha,

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by heemah(f): 7:09am On Aug 04, 2017
I think it's Stevenson....
Anxiously waiting for next update..

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by osch10: 7:56am On Aug 04, 2017
Uhmm! D rescue will lead to their love story i guess. But don't just tell me Amara will ran to Osi.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.